Artisan Blu 2016

Artisan Blu by John Varvatos
Artisan Blu is a popular limited perfume by John Varvatos for men and was released in 2016. The scent is fresh-aquatic. It was last marketed by Elizabeth Arden. Limited Edition

Top Notes Top NotesBasilBasil BergamotBergamot Bitter orangeBitter orange Chayote French lavenderFrench lavender
Heart Notes Heart NotesFlorentine irisFlorentine iris French clary sageFrench clary sage Orange blossom absoluteOrange blossom absolute PalmarosaPalmarosa Egyptian geraniumEgyptian geranium
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouliPatchouli Stone pineStone pine Pistachio tree resinPistachio tree resin Tamarisk CedarwoodCedarwood

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 12.09.2022.

2 in-depth fragrance descriptions

Modernized Drakkar Noir
Smells like a sweeter, more modern version of drakkar noir. Love the stuff. Performance is better than the complaints, does not smell old but definitely masculine. Not really a blue fragrance at all to me, more green and soapy. Nice stuff. Nothing aquatic here. Good for all age men, but may lean a little mature. Barbershop with some twists.
Jonny94
Hanging Gardens of Babylon or just Amalfi Coast after all?
No cell phone, no emails, no other people far and wide, no annoying tasks to do. It's a pleasant 25°C, a light breeze blows in my face. A small, round, tessellated table, an iced gin and tonic (with a sprig of rosemary, of course) and a fresh fig I picked myself punctuate the moment of perfection. I sit in a squiggly gazebo, letting my eyes wander over the lake glistening in the sun, occasionally sniffing the rose dangling from the gazebo roof right next to my nose. I stand up and slowly stroll through the avenue of old, gnarled pines toward the herb garden. I let my hand glide through the flowering lavender bush and take a leaf of fresh sage for the road. Escaping the daily grind, my head turned off, I enjoy the never-ending moment of peace...

Again, due to my still inexperienced nose, I have to rely largely on the reader's imagination for my second review. (Whereas I probably couldn't smell out a Florentine iris in 20 years :)

Nevertheless, I can claim that JV Artisan Blu is exactly what the fragrance pyramid says it is, but find that instead of the description fresh-aquatic, blue-green-herbaceous would be significantly more accurate.
Basil, lavender and later woody notes (probably pine and cedar) can be picked out quite well.

The bottle is out of this world visually. (And I have to admit, it did its part in the blind purchase - thank goodness). When you hold it up to the light, you can see through between the blue ropes, but it roughly feels like you're looking through slightly tarnished glasses while snorkeling. Comparable would also be an aquarium pane, which could use a basic cleaning again.
The cap is heavy, it could almost be made of stone. Only the sprayer is a little "flat" come, which is why you have to press almost 2-3 times for the amount of a normal spray.

H (with me about 4 hours) and S are unfortunately the weak points of this otherwise so excellent fragrance, which of course could also be due to the fact that it is definitely suitable for warmer days, where the shelf life compared to "winter fragrances" anyway usually rather low.

Conclusion: The 125ml there are mostly so zw. 30 and 35 €, since do a few more sprayers in any case not hurt. Since you can not always be in areas like the Gulf of Salerno on the road, it also does the domestic city park with stream ... Especially in the spring, when everything starts to become green.
For someone who would call himself rather "summer" than "winter man" has JV Artisan Blu definitely potential for love at first breath.
Blind purchase successful!
After on YouTube only D&G LBI as a top recommendation for the summer is in circulation and this fragrance was smelled last summer already on every corner, it was time to find something new. By chance I came across the JV Artisan Blu and found him for about 30 euros in the 125 ml, ordered immediately!

After unpacking I was impressed by the flacon, makes what her without being kitschy. The sprayer is solala.
Now to the fragrance: The fragrance starts relatively boring, so actually something in the direction of 4711 or certain fragrances of the TF Aqua collection. After about ten minutes, however, it becomes incredibly fresh with a slightly spicy, citrus fruitiness. Due to the many fragrances difficult to smell exactly what, but the fragrance smells incredibly summery! The durability is ok but not special. 6-7 hours are in, but after a good 3-4 hours skin tight. But at 30 euros for 125ml you can confidently re-spray! I look forward to the summer season with JV Artisan Blu! For me, even better than the Artisan Pure

TJ Maxx had it for $20
So I grabbed it. Complete blind grab, but what the hell, right? I just finished watching Tom Brady win his 7th Super Bowl, so it’s bath time. After a long, hot shower, I give it a shot (actually 5), right before bed.

Honestly, it reminds me of the original Cool Water. It’s got a REALLY soapy, freshie vibe, with a hint of some green notes. Personally, it feels like one of the “I wish I smelled like GIT” scents on the market, but much closer to Cool Water. Seriously, when I smell my wrist, I picture a post workout shower. The kind that follows an intense workout, completely going 200%, sweating head to toe. A LOT of strong soap, and some serious scrubbing. As the opening fades, it really reminds me of Tres Nuit, as it’s not as green as GIT. It feels like an evolutionary scent; in between Cool Water and Tres Nuit... soapier than TN, but not as soapy as CW. Does that make sense?

Performance wise, it’s quieter than all of the previous comparisons, with the opening being the loudest state. Sillage is minimal, and projection wise, it’s pretty much a skin scent from drydown and beyond. Longevity is also a non-factor, but at $20, you shouldn’t be complaining.

I’lol rock this on a scorching hot day in the sun, when I know I’m gonna be sweating. No more, no less.
The perfect summer scent
How long in possession: since April 2020
Compliments: On cold days none, on warm days exclusively from women
Season: May - September
Age of the wearer: 20+
Location: Leisure time
Outfit: Casual
Reason for purchase: I wanted a fragrance that fits perfectly into my leisure time
Will be bought again: Yes, as long as the scent will be around for a long time (I read something about John Varvatos' bankruptcy and I'm afraid that the scent will be gone soon)
Blind purchase: Yes, I let myself be convinced by a very well-known YouTuber
Comment: Armed with chucks on your feet, linen pants and a Hawaiian shirt, you need exactly this scent in summer. As soon as the temperature goes over 22 degrees, I think the scent is just great. When it's cold, it doesn't show to advantage and is nothing special. Personally, I would never wear it in the office or to dinner.

2 short views on the fragrance
ChicoRoch1ChicoRoch1 11 months ago
Pretty nice a bit different than the other aquatics
HajuvanaHajuvana 2 years ago
Imagine being caught in triangular crossfire between AdP Colonia, AdG and Paco Rabanne PH. Nothing new, yet uncommonly classy and wearable.

Images

20 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by John Varvatos

Artisan Pure by John Varvatos Dark Rebel by John Varvatos Oud by John Varvatos Dark Rebel Rider by John Varvatos John Varvatos by John Varvatos Artisan (Eau de Toilette) by John Varvatos Vintage by John Varvatos Artisan Acqua by John Varvatos Artisan Black by John Varvatos John Varvatos 10th Anniversary Edition by John Varvatos John Varvatos XX Artisan by John Varvatos John Varvatos Platinum Edition by John Varvatos John Varvatos for Women by John Varvatos JV x NJ - John Varvatos x Nick Jonas (blue) by John Varvatos JV x NJ - John Varvatos x Nick Jonas (crimson) by John Varvatos John Varvatos XX by John Varvatos John Varvatos XX Artisan Teal by John Varvatos Rock Volume One by John Varvatos JV x NJ - John Varvatos x Nick Jonas (silver) by John Varvatos Star U.S.A. by John Varvatos