Artisan Blu 2016

Artisan Blu by John Varvatos
Artisan Blu is a popular limited perfume by John Varvatos for men and was released in 2016. The scent is fresh-aquatic. It was last marketed by Elizabeth Arden. Limited Edition

Top Notes Top NotesBasilBasil
BergamotBergamot
Bitter orangeBitter orange
Chayote
French lavenderFrench lavender
Heart Notes Heart NotesFlorentine irisFlorentine iris
French clary sageFrench clary sage
Orange blossom absoluteOrange blossom absolute
PalmarosaPalmarosa
Egyptian geraniumEgyptian geranium
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouliPatchouli
Stone pineStone pine
Pistachio tree resinPistachio tree resin
Tamarisk
CedarwoodCedarwood

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 16.10.2021.

Jonny94
Hanging Gardens of Babylon or just Amalfi Coast after all?
No cell phone, no emails, no other people far and wide, no annoying tasks to do. It's a pleasant 25°C, a light breeze blows in my face. A small, round, tessellated table, an iced gin and tonic (with a sprig of rosemary, of course) and a fresh fig I picked myself punctuate the moment of perfection. I sit in a squiggly gazebo, letting my eyes wander over the lake glistening in the sun, occasionally sniffing the rose dangling from the gazebo roof right next to my nose. I stand up and slowly stroll through the avenue of old, gnarled pines toward the herb garden. I let my hand glide through the flowering lavender bush and take a leaf of fresh sage for the road. Escaping the daily grind, my head turned off, I enjoy the never-ending moment of peace...

Again, due to my still inexperienced nose, I have to rely largely on the reader's imagination for my second review. (Whereas I probably couldn't smell out a Florentine iris in 20 years :)

Nevertheless, I can claim that JV Artisan Blu is exactly what the fragrance pyramid says it is, but find that instead of the description fresh-aquatic, blue-green-herbaceous would be significantly more accurate.
Basil, lavender and later woody notes (probably pine and cedar) can be picked out quite well.

The bottle is out of this world visually. (And I have to admit, it did its part in the blind purchase - thank goodness). When you hold it up to the light, you can see through between the blue ropes, but it roughly feels like you're looking through slightly tarnished glasses while snorkeling. Comparable would also be an aquarium pane, which could use a basic cleaning again.
The cap is heavy, it could almost be made of stone. Only the sprayer is a little "flat" come, which is why you have to press almost 2-3 times for the amount of a normal spray.

H (with me about 4 hours) and S are unfortunately the weak points of this otherwise so excellent fragrance, which of course could also be due to the fact that it is definitely suitable for warmer days, where the shelf life compared to "winter fragrances" anyway usually rather low.

Conclusion: The 125ml there are mostly so zw. 30 and 35 €, since do a few more sprayers in any case not hurt. Since you can not always be in areas like the Gulf of Salerno on the road, it also does the domestic city park with stream ... Especially in the spring, when everything starts to become green.
For someone who would call himself rather "summer" than "winter man" has JV Artisan Blu definitely potential for love at first breath.
Blind purchase successful!
After on YouTube only D&G LBI as a top recommendation for the summer is in circulation and this fragrance was smelled last summer already on every corner, it was time to find something new. By chance I came across the JV Artisan Blu and found him for about 30 euros in the 125 ml, ordered immediately!

After unpacking I was impressed by the flacon, makes what her without being kitschy. The sprayer is solala.
Now to the fragrance: The fragrance starts relatively boring, so actually something in the direction of 4711 or certain fragrances of the TF Aqua collection. After about ten minutes, however, it becomes incredibly fresh with a slightly spicy, citrus fruitiness. Due to the many fragrances difficult to smell exactly what, but the fragrance smells incredibly summery! The durability is ok but not special. 6-7 hours are in, but after a good 3-4 hours skin tight. But at 30 euros for 125ml you can confidently re-spray! I look forward to the summer season with JV Artisan Blu! For me, even better than the Artisan Pure

TJ Maxx had it for $20
So I grabbed it. Complete blind grab, but what the hell, right? I just finished watching Tom Brady win his 7th Super Bowl, so it’s bath time. After a long, hot shower, I give it a shot (actually 5), right before bed.

Honestly, it reminds me of the original Cool Water. It’s got a REALLY soapy, freshie vibe, with a hint of some green notes. Personally, it feels like one of the “I wish I smelled like GIT” scents on the market, but much closer to Cool Water. Seriously, when I smell my wrist, I picture a post workout shower. The kind that follows an intense workout, completely going 200%, sweating head to toe. A LOT of strong soap, and some serious scrubbing. As the opening fades, it really reminds me of Tres Nuit, as it’s not as green as GIT. It feels like an evolutionary scent; in between Cool Water and Tres Nuit... soapier than TN, but not as soapy as CW. Does that make sense?

Performance wise, it’s quieter than all of the previous comparisons, with the opening being the loudest state. Sillage is minimal, and projection wise, it’s pretty much a skin scent from drydown and beyond. Longevity is also a non-factor, but at $20, you shouldn’t be complaining.

I’lol rock this on a scorching hot day in the sun, when I know I’m gonna be sweating. No more, no less.
The perfect summer scent
How long in possession: since April 2020
Compliments: On cold days none, on warm days exclusively from women
Season: May - September
Age of the wearer: 20+
Location: Leisure time
Outfit: Casual
Reason for purchase: I wanted a fragrance that fits perfectly into my leisure time
Will be bought again: Yes, as long as the scent will be around for a long time (I read something about John Varvatos' bankruptcy and I'm afraid that the scent will be gone soon)
Blind purchase: Yes, I let myself be convinced by a very well-known YouTuber
Comment: Armed with chucks on your feet, linen pants and a Hawaiian shirt, you need exactly this scent in summer. As soon as the temperature goes over 22 degrees, I think the scent is just great. When it's cold, it doesn't show to advantage and is nothing special. Personally, I would never wear it in the office or to dinner.
Goynen67
A walk through the summer garden with pond
Blu and aquatic-fresh are announced. But it was a little bit different than expected. The start is brilliantly fresh, spicy, slightly bitter. I can let it pass as fresh but less citric-fresh. But bergamot and orange let it be clearly perceived as a summer sun scent. But the herbaceous-spicy component is exciting. All in all it can be felt well in this combination for 2/3 hours. Then the scent changes to a woody-resinous one. The summer sun is setting quickly and there is not much left except a little orange. The lavender scent and the tart sage are still blowing around the corner but now we have clearly arrived on the wooden bench warmed by the sun. But not too dominant but fine and tender. I liked it
Blue herb mix
A bright blue sky while I hear the wind blowing through the pine trees in the background. The mild spring lets the ground under my feet shine in a splendid green, I feel comfortable, pure and uncomplicated. I don't want to attract attention today, I don't want to seduce anybody, no. I just want to enjoy my walk through this beautiful Mediterranean landscape and breathe in the cool sea air.

I am surprised, my trip goes meanwhile already nearly 7 hours. I didn't think I'd been on the road that long. But that may be due to these gaudy lavender fields, or to the beautifully shaped Italian pines?

Sometimes a fragrance doesn't have to be complex or unique, because as long as it evokes unique moments and memories in you, it has achieved its goal. That's the kind of scenery that goes through my head when I spray Artisan Blu. It is uncomplicated and fresh, but at the same time it has something very natural, even nature-loving about it. You won't find a classic designer synthetics and bubblegum sweetness here, at least that's my opinion. What makes the fragrance so great for me, however, is the herbal mix in the fragrance pyramid.

I don't have any problems with durability here. As I describe above in my little story, this fragrance keeps on me well 7 or more hours. Of course, it is always close to the skin, but here you can confidently apply a few extra sprayers to improve the shelf life.

For me a cheap and great designer fragrance from the Artisan series
OHA! ........aha!?
I love the Dark Rebel, and that's why I thought to myself: "I didn't do anything wrong with the ratings - so let's go: blind buy!"
Think! Meanwhile - after many false blind purchases - I notice that the comments do not necessarily always go with my opinion d'accord...
Well, it's your own fault! ^^

It says, "The scent is aquatic-fresh."
Hmm, really? Aqva from BULGARI - that's aquatically fresh! But not that one!??
Okay - the first impression after spraying is r e l a t i v fresh. But this is reflected relatively quickly. And: it wasn't aquatic at all!
But it becomes completely different after about 1 hour until the end (about 6h): I thought long and hard about what it reminds me of (as already mentioned, I'm unfortunately not the "smeller" of all ingredients; but I'm better at comparisons - I think at least): 1881pour Homme by NINO CERRUTI!!
Yes! And what does that say? "The scent is fresh and woody."
Jaha - that's more like it!
Or?

I used to like him quite a bit. Actually, that was the office fragrance par excellence. But now he's too old-fashioned for me! Unfortunately!

Well - I'm curious about THE reactions!
;-)

HajuvanaHajuvana 1 year ago
Imagine being caught in triangular crossfire between AdP Colonia, AdG and Paco Rabanne PH. Nothing new, yet uncommonly classy and wearable.

by Arlufkin
by Arlufkin
by Duftomatisch
by Duftomatisch

Popular John Varvatos

Artisan Pure by John Varvatos Dark Rebel by John Varvatos Oud by John Varvatos John Varvatos by John Varvatos Dark Rebel Rider by John Varvatos Artisan (Eau de Toilette) by John Varvatos Vintage by John Varvatos Artisan Acqua by John Varvatos Artisan Black by John Varvatos John Varvatos 10th Anniversary Edition by John Varvatos John Varvatos Platinum Edition by John Varvatos John Varvatos for Women by John Varvatos John Varvatos XX Artisan by John Varvatos JV x NJ - John Varvatos x Nick Jonas (blue) by John Varvatos JV x NJ - John Varvatos x Nick Jonas (crimson) by John Varvatos Rock Volume One by John Varvatos Star U.S.A. by John Varvatos JV x NJ - John Varvatos x Nick Jonas (silver) by John Varvatos John Varvatos XX by John Varvatos John Varvatos XX Indigo by John Varvatos