Artisan Pure 2017

Artisan Pure by John Varvatos
Artisan Pure is a popular limited perfume by John Varvatos for men and was released in 2017. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is being marketed by Revlon. Limited Edition

Petitgrain, Woods, Iris, Citrus notes

Submitted by Michael, last update on 13.06.2021.

A summer day in Sardinia
A glorious morning in Sardinia. After the sun gently woke my wife and I, we got dressed and headed to breakfast at the agriturismo farm right next to the orange orchard. After a nice Italian breakfast, quickly changed, got ready, 3-4 sprays of Artisan Pure and off to the beach!
White sandy beach, turquoise blue water and the lovely zietr-woody scent of my perfume make for the ultimate holiday feeling! It's almost 30c, the sun burns on the skin and slightly intensifies the citrusy freshness. After 1-2 times swimming, the scent is unfortunately gone.
The sun is sinking, the shade at the stand expands. We drive back to our hotel and get ready for dinner. A pair of brown shorts, white linen shirt, white sneakers, a pair of sunglasses and again 3-4 sprays of the great summer scent Artisan Pure. We're winding down the day on the outdoor patio of our favorite seaside pizzeria. Despite the evening heat, the scent is not too overbearing to drown out the delicious food. Still, that beautiful summer scent hovers lightly in the air for the rest of the evening!

Artisan Pure will always remind me of my Italian vacation! A great perfume :)
Midsummer
So somehow the best sparkling summer scents always come from designers. So also this time. John Varvatos has brought out a very simple, citrus-dominated fragrance that is in my opinion only what for the high summer. It doesn't last too long but it's not very expensive which makes it easier to spray it on 2,3 times a day. In addition to the lemon he has but also what white floral and green what he has let smell at the beginning for me musty but my nose now also very good.
I would wear it but only in the really blazing sun because he works for me from 20 degrees down something too tangy.

SmellyPete
Great fresh oranges & lemons beach scent....
My batch is N20611A.
This is a fresh citrus summer fragrance that I find very enjoyable... Very clean and fresh...

As mentioned by many it doesn't last so be prepared to respray after a few hours if you want it keep the wonderful smell of oranges and lemons going.. I think I probably get maybe an hour of sillage and projection before it goes to skin. Within 3-4 hours it's completely gone.

It's been said this is the best performing JV fragrance - the others must be really terrible!

I also get the light sprayer that some have mentioned - you'll need a good number of sprays before you'll have enough.

Luckily this is reasonably priced at discounters so spraying lots and often is not a problem - I have a backup bottle so I'm good for quite a few summers.

This is definitely one for t-shirts and flops at the beach (or when you're just dreaming of the beach in these covid times or when it's -20C and snowy outside).

I also spray this on when I go out for exercise so I think this would make a good gym scent.

I see this as unisex though its marketed at men
JonasP
Orange candy, quickly sucked away
To anticipate one thing, I love this fragrance and can not get enough of it and sry for this "fancy" title? Now to the fragrance:

As you would expect from John Vartvatos, Artisan Pure is a very unique fragrance and of excellent quality.
The scent: sun-ripened, fresh and juicy oranges flattered by a wonderful floral creaminess.
For me one of the best summer fragrances, if there were not the problem with the durability.
However, the durability is not as bad as some claim, provided that you spray on the same amount as you would normally spray on comparable fragrances, because: The spray head is very economical. That is:
One should apply at least two sprays on one and the Same place. Nevertheless, the durability could be better.

However, one must say, it is like drugs. The hornier the rush and the faster the experience is over, the more addicted the drug makes.
Sebbusch
My entry into the world of fragrances
Now and then I had used Eau de Toilette, until I got recommended this fragrance in a perfumery and took it with me. He showed me that the world of fragrances is more diverse than the Eaus, which smell like aftershave or shower gel and I knew until then.

A very independent, summery, citrusy spicy fragrance, which is fun only from 20 degrees, but here comes fully to the fore.

Freshly squeezed lemons and just felled cypresses of Tuscany combine with light floral notes to create a scent that can shine in the summer, but unfortunately, due to a lack of H/S, is applied by me far too infrequently.

With better H / S would the fragrance in the niche segment can easily keep up. Nevertheless, I speak a purchase recommendation or at least a test obligation for all those who are looking for a citrus summer fragrance, which 1. does not smell like any other summer designer and 2. the purse not too badly burdened.
The summer FFP2 mask
The masked ball on which we are for a year and still have not sounded the midnight bells. Now for quite some time are not only stylish masks are obligatory he the party masks (look as if you had the birthday hat from the party on the mouth set).
The search for a new fragrance from the collection more or less firmly at the masks was sought after I change to the Acqua di Parma Colonia, Fragonard Eau d'Hongrie and Roberto Ugolini Azzuro, I needed a very light citrus fragrance with floral components.
The fragrance is also good for perfume fountains like me to use the this does not have a huge performance, so I can oh happy to apply my 4-5 sprays inside and 'for good measure' the same number on the outside without fainting.
This fragrance is something for all who like a light fragrance, me a little too light for everyday life (student who has small problems to stand out)
Citrusy summery fresh
A pure summer scent for the warm days. It reminds me a little of CK one. In my opinion, perfect for a beautiful, summer day. Although an acquaintance once thought I smelled like Autan, but I could overlook that. I like it very much, even if it is not exactly the strongest
Artisan Pure or Dior Homme Cologne after all
This fragrance seems to be very well respected in the community. The more difficult it is for me to understand the negative reviews of Dior Homme Cologne. But more about this in the following:

The Artisan Pure comes in a fantastic bottle. Already when unpacking the mood sets that we should be immediately reminded of summer, sun, beach and sea. So cap off and sprayed on! And indeed, there is the good mood summer feeling.

We already here also recognizable in fragrance notes, the citrus notes are those that set the tone. They are extremely strong in the foreground and push the other facets into the background. Iris is only faintly perceptible, if at all. - This is where DHC is actually a touch better created. - The longevity compared to its, for me, fragrance twin is better. The Artisan holds good 5-6Std., as DHC stops already after 4-5Std.

So who is looking for a great summer fragrance, can confidently access here. Who is looking for a very similar fragrance in a rectangular bottle, reaches for DHC.

In the end, in my opinion, for the bystanders who perceive the fragrances, no difference can be discerned
Barber Shop
Yesterday I smelled the fragrance for the first time. What struck me immediately this fragrance I know somewhere here.
But I was not aware of where I had smelled him. When I went to the hairdresser today and was done with the haircut I got from the hairdresser Turkish colonia on it. U d suddenly it made click there he was again this fragrance. Now I KNOW the Artisan pure smells amazingly similar to the Turkish Colonia. Nevertheless, I find the fragrance just right for the coming summer
Shpend
Summer breeze from the bottle ...
To the Artisan Pure, one does not need to say much actually If you are looking for a nice summer fragrance , you can not go wrong with this gentleman
It is a fresh citrus fragrance , which nevertheless brings a slightly tart sweetness with it.
A very balanced fragrance that smells very pleasant and not too intrusive, even on hot days.

In my opinion, this fragrance belongs in every men's perfume collection, of course, the H/S is really not the best, but also not as bad as described by many.

And with offers on the net, from 50 - 60, - for 125ml, you can also apply the one or the other sprayer more :)

Aufjeden case, a clear thumbs up :)

Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 1 month ago
It reminds me of walking with an all white linen outfit trough a summer resort in Sicily.
CnFCnF 9 months ago
A good perfume for hot seasons.Citrusy first. With the passage of time it becomes more woody without being overpowering. Average performance
Finerthings8Finerthings8 9 months ago
It is a joke of a parfum! Just a skin scent after a few hours. It has been hyped by few youtubers.it is criminal to ask money for this.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 10 months ago
Strong opening with the petitgrain and the citrus. Then, it gets smoother, fresh and floral with a nice non-powdery iris and some woods.
Dan81Dan81 1 year ago
Sharp Iris with piercing Citrus. I agree with Jeremy that this fits spring/summer parties with white linen clothing/party. Crisp
KimJongKimJong 1 year ago
John Varvatos's best fragrance. It's not a very great thing, but it's rare to make a better choice when it comes to neatness.
LemonadiLemonadi 1 year ago
Ibiza in a bottle. Wear a white linen shirt, play some deep house, enjoy nature, wear this fragrance. What you see is what you get.
BumpyumaBumpyuma 1 year ago
Strong opening - less than okay smell - Projects below average for 1.5 hours - wanting it to end.
KingPinKingPin 2 years ago
A very fresh take on the classic summer citrus. There is a tropical note backdrop that I’m not very fond of, but it probably works for some.
AmberScentAmberScent 3 years ago
This refreshing creamy citrus cologne is just magnific. In the Varvatos line is second only to Dark Rebel Rider. Truly recomended!

by Felix2109
by Felix2109
Der Sommer in einem Flakon!
by LVCAS
by Ronaldo2902
by Stere
by Stere

Popular John Varvatos

Dark Rebel by John Varvatos Oud by John Varvatos John Varvatos by John Varvatos Dark Rebel Rider by John Varvatos Artisan Blu by John Varvatos Artisan (Eau de Toilette) by John Varvatos Artisan Acqua by John Varvatos Vintage by John Varvatos Artisan Black by John Varvatos John Varvatos 10th Anniversary Edition by John Varvatos John Varvatos Platinum Edition by John Varvatos John Varvatos for Women by John Varvatos JV x NJ - John Varvatos x Nick Jonas (blue) by John Varvatos JV x NJ - John Varvatos x Nick Jonas (crimson) by John Varvatos John Varvatos XX Artisan by John Varvatos Rock Volume One by John Varvatos JV x NJ - John Varvatos x Nick Jonas (silver) by John Varvatos John Varvatos XX by John Varvatos Star U.S.A. by John Varvatos Artisan (Aftershave Lotion) by John Varvatos