Artisan Pure 2017

Artisan Pure by John Varvatos
Artisan Pure is a popular limited perfume by John Varvatos for men and was released in 2017. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is being marketed by Revlon. Limited Edition

PetitgrainPetitgrain
WoodsWoods
IrisIris
Citrus notesCitrus notes

Submitted by Michael, last update on 12.10.2021.

Summer Sun Pure
This Artisan gives me pleasure and He is viell. my best of JV.
The rebel in winter and the Artisan Pure in summer^^.
(One needs of John's Wässerchen only very much. around by the whole day to come)

Even if summer doesn't actually show itself, this fragrance catapults me into summer. He does not need much convincing, his few ingredients seem to be enough, only once again his durability ... well.
Daily summer fragrance that almost always goes, but should not be more expensive, because for that he goes too quickly to the Neige.

JV, should make his fragrances in the H/S better, his one or other DNA pleases me seehr Good.

Mfg
Dennis79
Miami Vice or Caribbean pirate in white robe?
Through a Youtuber, which is often in a white suit piruettenschlagend 40 degrees in Miami, I became aware of this creation. Somehow it is true that the fragrance fits mentally to Miami. It's how I imagine Don Johnson must have smelled in Miami Vice. The 80s kids, know what I mean :-) - for all others - google it.

Smell:
How do you feel when you wear *Artisan Pure*?
- Simply good. The fragrance has a great depth, despite its obvious citric chords, if you hold your nose longer. Minimally spicy and quite woody.

When do I wear *Artisan Pure* most like?
- In midsummer from 30 degrees with white T-shirt, shorts and white sneakers. The fragrance has an unusually masculine-zietrische note, which reminds me in the opening of my youth and CK One, but much more adult and deep.

How can you compare *Artisan Pure* with other summer fragrances?
- Calvin Klein - CK one: synthetic lemon and unisex. Everything you miss in CK One like durability, masculinity, depth, etc. makes Artisan Pure right!
- Versace - Eau Fraiche: A day at the swimming pool. Despite the citrusy fruit (star fruit) rather restrained, but good for all warm summer days. My review: https://www.parfumo.de/Parfums/Versace/Versace_Man_Eau_Fraiche_Eau_de_Toilette/Kommentare/148342
- Abercrombie & Fitch - First Instinct: This one smells very deliciously like melon and somehow more teenage vibe. To me in the same ball park as CK One just more natural smelling. Maybe because of the sweetness of the melon?
- Montblanc - Legend Spirit: very fruity after grapefruit - very similar to First Instinct, but more aquatic-sporty.
- Armaf - Club de Nuit Intense Eau de parfum: Smells to me like a whole fruit basket mixed with green tea. Year-round to wear, but not a pure summer fragrance.

SILAGE/ DURABILITY:
- The sillage is excellent.
- The longevity is very good on my skin and clothes - especially for a citrusy scent.

FLAKON:
- The white rattan style is 100% spot on with the feel of the fragrance.

PRICE / PERFORMANCE:
- I purchased the 75ml variant for just under €50. To me, the price seems to rise, as there are rumors that John Varvatos is broke? Price is ok - the fragrance is really unique.

CONCLUSION:
For me, the best fragrance for the very hot days from 30 degrees!
Felix2109
The meeting with the WC duck
Puhh how do I put it best now ... You all know the smell when you go to a freshly cleaned public toilet. Citrusy, fresh and quite pungent. Without wanting to go into more detail about the smell of public toilets, I can probably say here for the general public that this is the pleasant kind of scent at the quiet little toilet.
But do you want to smell like cleaning products? I can answer the question for me with "no".

But now what does this have to do with the Artisan Pure? Unfortunately, this fragrance always evokes the above association in some places.

Enough grumbling, because the Artisan Pure is certainly not a bad fragrance. It starts citrusy fresh and is accompanied by bright florals. After a while, a pleasant woody note joins. A great fragrance progression I can not perceive, it is from start to finish citrusy fresh with light floral and woody accompaniment.

I would now like to come to the conclusion. The fragrance a simple fresh citrus scent that could please many gafallen and as made for warm days. I personally get the toilet cleaner association unfortunately not from the head but if you do not have this, the fragrance can certainly lead to nice hours.
How are you with the fragrance? Have you experienced similar impressions or am I alone with this opinion? Let me know it gladly ;)
Summer day at the lake
I first applied the scent when my colleagues and I went to the lake for the first time in the summer of 2020. 30°C heat and sunshine. School exams were through and there was pure relaxation and carefree among us. There was something special about the scent just by spraying it and it smelled like no other.... later I found out that it is supposedly the contained petitgrain, which flashed me so.

So I packed my things: Swim trunks, short-sleeved Hawaiian shirt, sneakers and off to the water. Arrived at the lake I have perceived the fragrance in ever-emerging gusts of wind, but when I jumped into the water and resurfaced, I perceived the same smell, which I already perceived at the first spraying: citrusy, slightly green-fruity freshness with that certain something, which blew me away again. I was particularly surprised that the scent was even still perceptible on the way home, although I jumped into the water after all.

Since then, this fragrance reminds me of exactly this day, of the time, of the summer at home, which remained very carefree in my memory despite the pandemic.
A summer day in Sardinia
A glorious morning in Sardinia. After the sun gently woke my wife and I, we got dressed and headed to breakfast at the agriturismo farm right next to the orange orchard. After a nice Italian breakfast, quickly changed, got ready, 3-4 sprays of Artisan Pure and off to the beach!
White sandy beach, turquoise blue water and the lovely zietr-woody scent of my perfume make for the ultimate holiday feeling! It's almost 30c, the sun burns on the skin and slightly intensifies the citrusy freshness. After 1-2 times swimming, the scent is unfortunately gone.
The sun is sinking, the shade at the stand expands. We drive back to our hotel and get ready for dinner. A pair of brown shorts, white linen shirt, white sneakers, a pair of sunglasses and again 3-4 sprays of the great summer scent Artisan Pure. We're winding down the day on the outdoor patio of our favorite seaside pizzeria. Despite the evening heat, the scent is not too overbearing to drown out the delicious food. Still, that beautiful summer scent hovers lightly in the air for the rest of the evening!

Artisan Pure will always remind me of my Italian vacation! A great perfume :)
Midsummer
So somehow the best sparkling summer scents always come from designers. So also this time. John Varvatos has brought out a very simple, citrus-dominated fragrance that is in my opinion only what for the high summer. It doesn't last too long but it's not very expensive which makes it easier to spray it on 2,3 times a day. In addition to the lemon he has but also what white floral and green what he has let smell at the beginning for me musty but my nose now also very good.
I would wear it but only in the really blazing sun because he works for me from 20 degrees down something too tangy.

SmellyPete
Great fresh oranges & lemons beach scent....
My batch is N20611A.
This is a fresh citrus summer fragrance that I find very enjoyable... Very clean and fresh...

As mentioned by many it doesn't last so be prepared to respray after a few hours if you want it keep the wonderful smell of oranges and lemons going.. I think I probably get maybe an hour of sillage and projection before it goes to skin. Within 3-4 hours it's completely gone.

It's been said this is the best performing JV fragrance - the others must be really terrible!

I also get the light sprayer that some have mentioned - you'll need a good number of sprays before you'll have enough.

Luckily this is reasonably priced at discounters so spraying lots and often is not a problem - I have a backup bottle so I'm good for quite a few summers.

This is definitely one for t-shirts and flops at the beach (or when you're just dreaming of the beach in these covid times or when it's -20C and snowy outside).

I also spray this on when I go out for exercise so I think this would make a good gym scent.

I see this as unisex though its marketed at men
JonasP
Orange candy, quickly sucked away
To anticipate one thing, I love this fragrance and can not get enough of it and sry for this "fancy" title? Now to the fragrance:

As you would expect from John Vartvatos, Artisan Pure is a very unique fragrance and of excellent quality.
The scent: sun-ripened, fresh and juicy oranges flattered by a wonderful floral creaminess.
For me one of the best summer fragrances, if there were not the problem with the durability.
However, the durability is not as bad as some claim, provided that you spray on the same amount as you would normally spray on comparable fragrances, because: The spray head is very economical. That is:
One should apply at least two sprays on one and the Same place. Nevertheless, the durability could be better.

However, one must say, it is like drugs. The hornier the rush and the faster the experience is over, the more addicted the drug makes.
Sebbusch
My entry into the world of fragrances
Now and then I had used Eau de Toilette, until I got recommended this fragrance in a perfumery and took it with me. He showed me that the world of fragrances is more diverse than the Eaus, which smell like aftershave or shower gel and I knew until then.

A very independent, summery, citrusy spicy fragrance, which is fun only from 20 degrees, but here comes fully to the fore.

Freshly squeezed lemons and just felled cypresses of Tuscany combine with light floral notes to create a scent that can shine in the summer, but unfortunately, due to a lack of H/S, is applied by me far too infrequently.

With better H / S would the fragrance in the niche segment can easily keep up. Nevertheless, I speak a purchase recommendation or at least a test obligation for all those who are looking for a citrus summer fragrance, which 1. does not smell like any other summer designer and 2. the purse not too badly burdened.
The summer FFP2 mask
The masked ball on which we are for a year and still have not sounded the midnight bells. Now for quite some time are not only stylish masks are obligatory he the party masks (look as if you had the birthday hat from the party on the mouth set).
The search for a new fragrance from the collection more or less firmly at the masks was sought after I change to the Acqua di Parma Colonia, Fragonard Eau d'Hongrie and Roberto Ugolini Azzuro, I needed a very light citrus fragrance with floral components.
The fragrance is also good for perfume fountains like me to use the this does not have a huge performance, so I can oh happy to apply my 4-5 sprays inside and 'for good measure' the same number on the outside without fainting.
This fragrance is something for all who like a light fragrance, me a little too light for everyday life (student who has small problems to stand out)

Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 5 months ago
It reminds me of walking with an all white linen outfit trough a summer resort in Sicily.
Finerthings8Finerthings8 1 year ago
It is a joke of a parfum! Just a skin scent after a few hours. It has been hyped by few youtubers.it is criminal to ask money for this.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 1 year ago
Strong opening with the petitgrain and the citrus. Then, it gets smoother, fresh and floral with a nice non-powdery iris and some woods.
Dan81Dan81 1 year ago
Sharp Iris with piercing Citrus. I agree with Jeremy that this fits spring/summer parties with white linen clothing/party. Crisp
KimJongKimJong 2 years ago
John Varvatos's best fragrance. It's not a very great thing, but it's rare to make a better choice when it comes to neatness.
LemonadiLemonadi 2 years ago
Ibiza in a bottle. Wear a white linen shirt, play some deep house, enjoy nature, wear this fragrance. What you see is what you get.
BumpyumaBumpyuma 2 years ago
Strong opening - less than okay smell - Projects below average for 1.5 hours - wanting it to end.
KingPinKingPin 3 years ago
A very fresh take on the classic summer citrus. There is a tropical note backdrop that I’m not very fond of, but it probably works for some.
AmberScentAmberScent 3 years ago
This refreshing creamy citrus cologne is just magnific. In the Varvatos line is second only to Dark Rebel Rider. Truly recomended!
AdityoAdityo 3 years ago
This perfume easily outlasts all other flankers of this house. Hands down one the best from the house of John Varvatos.

by Smoetn
by Smoetn
by Felix2109
by Felix2109
Der Sommer in einem Flakon!
by LVCAS
by Ronaldo2902
by Stere
by Stere

Popular John Varvatos

Dark Rebel by John Varvatos Oud by John Varvatos Dark Rebel Rider by John Varvatos John Varvatos by John Varvatos Artisan (Eau de Toilette) by John Varvatos Artisan Blu by John Varvatos Vintage by John Varvatos Artisan Acqua by John Varvatos Artisan Black by John Varvatos John Varvatos 10th Anniversary Edition by John Varvatos John Varvatos Platinum Edition by John Varvatos John Varvatos for Women by John Varvatos John Varvatos XX Artisan by John Varvatos JV x NJ - John Varvatos x Nick Jonas (blue) by John Varvatos JV x NJ - John Varvatos x Nick Jonas (crimson) by John Varvatos Rock Volume One by John Varvatos JV x NJ - John Varvatos x Nick Jonas (silver) by John Varvatos John Varvatos XX by John Varvatos Star U.S.A. by John Varvatos John Varvatos XX Indigo by John Varvatos