Dark Rebel 2015

Dark Rebel by John Varvatos
Dark Rebel is a popular perfume by John Varvatos for men and was released in 2015. The scent is leathery-spicy. It was last marketed by Elizabeth Arden.

Top Notes Top NotesDavanaDavana
Jamaican rumJamaican rum
Cardamom absoluteCardamom absolute
Cuban sugar caneCuban sugar cane
Clary sageClary sage
CastoreumCastoreum
Mexican vanillaMexican vanilla
Tobacco leafTobacco leaf
Canary Islands juniperCanary Islands juniper

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 25.09.2021.

Sons of Anarchy / Pirates of the Caribbean / From Dusk till Dawn
With this fragrance I have to think bizarrely of the scenario Charlie Hunnam and Johnny Depp sit on a Harley and drive on the Rout 66 the sunset to meet with George Clooney and Quentin Tarantino at the Titty Twister on a binge.
But no one but Danny Trejo knows how it will end.
Initially, the fragrance starts very sweet and rum laden and is very quickly accompanied by strong leather note,
there has probably spilled johnny his rum pulle on Charlie's biker leather jacket.
In the further course joins a light smoky tobacco note is grown together with all sorts of woods and Gestrüp, there must have expressed Quentin his cigar on a pine cone.
Unfortunately, the whole binge ends rather softly and briefly as Salma Hayek has hypnotically mesmerized everyone and they all now serve as a blood bank for the vampire horde.

Conclusion:
very nice sweet rum- leather scent that unfortunately gets very mellow and quickly runs out of steam.
Dark Rebel is a really good seductive fragrance that unfortunately evaporates much too quickly.
H/S are maximum durschnitt !!! Unfortunately !!!
Flacon is super!!!
Angelina90
When the name says it all ..
You know when a bottle is misleadingly designed? Eau de Gaga is such a case... black bottle, sexy seductive presentation on advertising posters and in magazines...the fragrance, however, reflects the extreme opposite...fresh, green and summery!

In this case, however, the bottle fits like a glove!
This fragrance smells dark to me. Intertwined mystical notes wrap around the bottle. Soaked in dark rum. Dark masculine leather emerges. Sweet smoke rises....
Dark Rebel gets sweeter after time but never loses its darkness and that special leather note.

For me, this fragrance is John Wick...it can bring out its dark, gritty side very quickly, but also has friendly sides that you have to discover first though. At first glance, however, you do not find this.
Since Dark Rebel is a very masculine fragrance, this figure fits perfectly :) Have also read below Jack Sparrow! I also like this association very well and I also find very appropriate! Alone also already because of the braided design of the flacon, which looks like a barrel!

In any case, this fragrance is recognized on the street again and provides for conversation.
Unfortunately, he is no longer produced (insolvency?).

The durability is quite ok: 6 hours I perceive him. The sillage is a mediocrity but perfectly adequate :)

Greetings
Your Angelina

Unbelievable performance!
I was lucky enough to get another bottle. I bought the fragrance blind and must really say that this fragrance is very special. I have never smelled anything comparable. Smells strongly of cigar and that from beginning to end. You have to like it. I very often have the problem that fragrances hold very badly on my skin. With this perfume I have to say that I never had something like that. Yesterday around 11:00 am applied and now (14:15) after 27 HOURS!!!! I still detect the scent. I really can't explain the other reviews.... maybe it's the batch??? Anyway... the projection and longevity are absolutely insane (at least for me)! Two sprays and the whole house smells like it ?
MaKu
He is the Greek who loves the oil
Varvatos blew me away with this scent. I have tried almost all of Him now, and He can perfume and mostly quite well.
Some deadbeats are there, but his prices are (still) very pleasant to the performance of the fragrances.
The Rebel is a 100% winter fragrance, and has ne class accessories list, which you can sniff almost all also, but its biggest weakness is its (not) durability!
Otherwise, he was and Has been my surprise of J.V. !

Mfg

John Varvatos Dark Rebel
Longevity and projection are always connected to this line, but I enjoy the John Varvatos line for the exact opposite reason that it gets heavily criticized - I don’t need my fragrance to create a scent bubble a 1/4 mile out while continuing to pound off me for 12 hours.

For $30 bucks if it isn’t a synthetic mess and smells good then frag on baby. If I need 6-8 sprays then so be it.

Dark Rebel reminds me of a more tobacco smoke forward Halston Z-14. It has a mild cinnamon sweetness in the heart and leather in the base. Z-14 is more complex, but the vibe is similar overall.

3.5 stars
Diesermike
Not so rebellious, I'd say.
I'm new to the fragrance world, and this is my first comment... i love this fragrance ! I was looking for one just like it and I think it is "awesome" like Jeremy says... BUT... The shelf life is not as good as you might expect and neither is the silage. Today I sprayed a bit more, now and then I smell more of the perfume when I move... but the people around didn't say something like "Woah, did you drink in the morning!?" or "Did you just come out of the pub?" .. It was not easy for me to get this scent, sold out everywhere and only after an hour of searching I found a shop that carries it
The expectation was really high, also because Jeremy praises this scent so much, he is right, the scent is mega, and he also says in a video that the JV scents generally do not have the good performance... but still a pity. Bentley Men Intense smells to me very similar... only a bit sweeter... and it is also cheaper and easier to get...

I'm still waiting for some reactions... and try to spray some more... but well. Sweet smell, not-so-hot shelf life

Rquill67
Tobacco, sugar, and love in a bottle!
Tobacco, sugar, leather and pepper are the notes that I smell most in the dry-down for this fragrance from the house of Varvatos; and is my favourite of this house. I love wearing this fragrance and it doesn't smell designer. More niche. I highly recommend. It's sweet, woody, and spicy; well blended and different from other men's fragrances that have the same accords. Varvatos has done it again. This is a 10 / 10 for me! I highly recommend!
Blondi
Leather jacket type "nice son-in-law"
Anyone who associates this scent with a biker's bar covered with smoke clouds has probably never been in such a bar before.
This leather jacket is probably only worn by a well-behaved polo shirt - business student, who would rather eat a glass of still water and an egg sandwich in the Tupperware in the ICE, instead of loudly bawling at the bar and ordering a rum without everything! This guy is not a rebel.
Sure, Dark Rebel smells a little bit like leather, but I was a little disappointed by the brave lightness. He smells fresh and light-hearted, but he is nothing special, unfortunately. Not smoky, not dark, but rather everybody's darling. The shelf life is not very long either, but that was not surprising. I find this fragrance unobtrusive like a deodorant. Okay, but that's it. This leather jacket has never been in a bar or sat around a campfire..
Chizza
The robe wearer in a dream
They called him Tough Joe. Everywhere in perfume country he was known as the dark rebel with the leather robe. He was known as a raw-boned journeyman, with a mouthful of rum. Here he behaved like a pig and so he stained his robe every time he "drank" so that the leather and the rum always merged. That was his style, he was a bit proud of it when he got the partly disgusted, partly appreciative looks of his biker colleagues.
When he started with his biker gang, the grandmother quickly went off the road and the bourgeois with their fancy sledges watched that they slowly turned right. Nobody wanted to risk trouble. There he enjoyed the wind, the lifestyle, the fluttering fringes of his leather jacket. When he wasn't in his robe. That was his thing. No one could touch him. Every once in a while, he'd just hang out. He liked to spend his time with tobacco, either self-made, because all the brands, nobody could do anything about it. Just Roth Deal or Harvest23, they went. Joe was a guy, one brand!

"Yo-hoo! Food's on the table!" it echoed through the house. "I'm coming, Erna." Jörg pulled himself up and shook off his thoughts. He played a little bit with the Harley miniature, put it away with a sigh and looked at the Sons of Anarchy poster again. The miniature had been given to him by his troop of riflemen for his anniversary a few years ago at the Bolles Klause. He smiled, let his eyes wander over Edeka's rum and quickly put in his e-cigarette with blueberry liquid.
About the fragrance: Dark Rebel is a beautiful fragrance but by no means as much leather and as fierce as they like to portray. The leather smells very good in combination with the rum, but rather charming, pleasing; rather after a club visit in the evening and you want to attract attention. The others wear sweet-spicy or a sugar water, you wear sweet leather yourself. I don't mean all this in a disrespectful way but I would like to classify the scent in a reasonable way. Dark Rebel is a dazzler somewhere, he is not a tough guy, but he would like to be one. The rum is getting weaker and weaker; it can't stand much. The tobacco is mild, the leather standard imitation leather; not a noble piece of seating furniture in a bar, more the furniture store stool.
As I said, a pleasant and beautiful fragrance. One should take it as it is. And this is not a leather bathass scent but a pleasing sweet-spicy scent with leather in it.
From Macho to Softie
I'm a motorcyclist, but I would never think of riding a Harley. I like the smell of leather because it reminds me of rides. And so after many positive reviews I bought myself a blind buy.

The first spray is like special effects, a whole firework of scents. Rum, campfire smoke, leather, wood, spices... Dark Rebel shows what it can do. It's impressive That's where the picture of the Harley rider comes from, although I never imagined that they were actually interested in scents The rum lies quite fast on my skin and remains only recognizable when sniffing directly. The main tone is now a clean smoke of a cosy campfire, leather and a resinous-balsamic sweetness as undertone. The special effects fade.

As the fragrance progresses, the entire construct becomes softer. Like a guy roasting some more marshmallows on a smoldering campfire in his girlfriend's forest.

The fragrance awakens many images and emotions in me and I love to smell it. Again and again I sniff my wrist when I sprayed it on myself. The durability and silage could be better for such a masculine scent, but are still ok. 5-6 hours on my skin. The bottle fits perfectly to the theme and is ingeniously designed (just the black cap with silver fleur-de-lys).

And unlike many here, I think the scent is easily wearable. The rum evaporates quickly, the projection is not excessive and the heart and base are more versatile than you might think. Only to the suit Dark Rebel does not fit at all in my opinion.

BertolucciKBertolucciK 9 months ago
Boozy, leathery, sweet, spicy, woody. The sillage of the spicy rum, the dark leather, woods, with sugar and tobacco, is perfect.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
This fragrance promises to be a scent hurricane, but the wind never blows strong enough. Fantastic perfume and flask, performance sucks!

by LadyLuxifer
Dark Rocker Rebel on the Road again
by Toreter
by Toreter

Popular John Varvatos

Artisan Pure by John Varvatos Oud by John Varvatos Dark Rebel Rider by John Varvatos John Varvatos by John Varvatos Artisan (Eau de Toilette) by John Varvatos Artisan Blu by John Varvatos Vintage by John Varvatos Artisan Acqua by John Varvatos Artisan Black by John Varvatos John Varvatos 10th Anniversary Edition by John Varvatos John Varvatos Platinum Edition by John Varvatos John Varvatos for Women by John Varvatos John Varvatos XX Artisan by John Varvatos JV x NJ - John Varvatos x Nick Jonas (blue) by John Varvatos JV x NJ - John Varvatos x Nick Jonas (crimson) by John Varvatos Rock Volume One by John Varvatos JV x NJ - John Varvatos x Nick Jonas (silver) by John Varvatos John Varvatos XX by John Varvatos Star U.S.A. by John Varvatos John Varvatos XX Indigo by John Varvatos