Joop! Femme (1987) Eau de Toilette

Joop! Femme (Eau de Toilette) by Joop!
Bottle Design: Peter Schmidt
Joop! Femme (Eau de Toilette) (Joop!)

Joop! Femme (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Joop! for women and was released in 1987. The scent is oriental-floral. Projection and longevity are above-average. It was last marketed by Coty.

Michel Almairac

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Neroli, Lemon, Aldehydes, Coriander, Fruity notes
Heart Notes Heart NotesBulgarian rose, Jasmine, Lily-of-the-valley, Orange blossom
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwood, Patchouli, Cedar, Musk, Ambergris, Tonka bean, Civet, Moss, Vanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 17.01.2019

Still super enticing and romantic
This is wonderful. I loved it way back when I was much younger than nowadays, and I still love it today. If I should ever be so lucky to walk down the aisle one more time, it will be with Joop Femme on me. She is so feminine, in a very sweet way. Not a femme fatale, not alluring, but still super enticing and romantic. She is not a love potion, but a frag you want to wear for a romantic stroll on a beach promenade in the night, lanterns lit and holding hands with the man you love. It puts my man in a "love to care for you" mood. You know, like someone lovingly wipes a strand of your hair out of your face before kissing you gently, or helps you into your jacket and then places a tender kiss onto your cheek. Somehow it evokes the care bear in the man I love, and that makes me love Joop Femme even more.
Sillage 10.0/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 9.0/10
Fond Memories
I have loved this darling for years and years. Had no idea until I looked up notes for an oriental sniff fest that it was a proper oriental. Wolfgang Joop is the designer. When Joop! Femme first came out I was often in Germany, his country. German friends may have steered me to the fragrance, because I recall buying my first bottle at an airport duty free and having to replenish it in that way when I traveled. It wasn’t yet on sale in the USA. I must have gone through quarts of this. Sniffing it now and comparing it to the oriental grand dames, I immediately detect the difference. Joop is best-suited to the daytime, more boardroom than boudoir. This is due to its heavy use of woods, yet the oriental notes and lush florals keep it feminine and luxurious, just not overtly sexual. To me, this is still a knockout fragrance—less complicated, more straightforward than its exalted peers, yet a stunner nevertheless. I feel like patting myself on the back for picking it as one of my signatures during the years when, “I am woman, hear me roar,” was still a brand new thing.

p.s. Just watched the video linked here for Joop. No idea what it means or why the music is E Lucevan Le Stelle, sung by a doomed man remembering a passionate encounter. Actually, the music makes more sense than the video, set in a desert. Weird.
Scent 8.0/10
A forgotten favourite
I was randomly choosing a mini to wear and my eyes fell upon Joop edp. I had forgotten how nice this perfume was. A classic powerhouse of the late 80's. A tiny dab produced a powerful burst of aldehydic neroli citrus and rosy florals rapidly backed up by the solidarity of that familiar sandalwood/civet/musk/patch/amber that was the main backbone of many of those 80's frags. There is a tonka sweetness too that nicely rounds this perfume and stops it being too jasmine floral. I would place this in the sweetish amber zone. There is a hint of spiciness that keeps it interesting and then the lovely soft drydown of a powdery amber style fading right down to a mere soapy trace. One of those neck nuzzlers for later. The civet isn't scary in this, just a balanced ingredient. However, this needs an extremely light hand upon application. A tiny drop on one hand and that is plenty to smell. This is the sort of perfume that forms those huge wafts of lingering fragrance long after the owner has passed by. An 80's style generous application would be sickly overkill. An all round well constructed fragrance with a superb longevity. Guerlain lovers may like to try this as it has that type of soft, sweetish, guerlainesque shalimar woody tonka-ism.
Scent 9.0/10
Beautiful Surprise
This is a big 80's floral oriental along the lines of Ungaro's Diva and Scherrer 2. Wear only if you dare! I happen to love this sort of fragrance, it's complex, confident and very well blended. You have to like your civet BTW, so if Bal a Versailles doesn't scare or repel, give this a try.
Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 7.0/10
A hidden gem
Behind this boring, uneventful looking bottle lies a fragrance so captivating and beautiful that you'll wonder how Joop! managed to advertise this fragrance so poorly.

This is a floral based scent, and a rich one at that. Creamy and somewhat mysterious, Joop! Femme is everything a scent should be.

Strong in the opening, the aldehydes and coriander create a powdery and slightly spicy scent which is complimented by the subtle citrus and fruity notes.

The heart of this fragrance gives way to luxury. My nose was met with delightful musky and powdery florals, the jasmine being most dominant. I do believe that white floral lovers will enjoy this fragrance whole heartedly.

There is a strange yet likable smokiness which lingers throughout this fragrance's composition. I really enjoy this aspect however I'm not certain as to what note brings it about.

The base notes are beautiful. The tonka bean, patchouli, vanilla, cedar and civet make a very pleasant and intriguing olfactory experience.

You don't need to spray much of this to make it last. The lasting strength is worthy of my praise. I do recommend.

Reniferka 159 days ago
Beautifully blended, rich floriental with woody & vanilla base, feminine, sensual, intense, warm...
I feel like goddess wearing Femme :)+1
Bottle 5.0
Sillage 10.0
Longevity 10.0
Scent 10.0
DorothyGrace 3 years ago
I had a bottle of Joop pour Femme (cylindrical, narrower at the top, and purple). Wish I hadn't thrown it as I have not seen one since.+1
Bottle 7.5

• by Schahram by Schahram
  • by Acamara by Acamara
  • by Sonjoschka by Sonjoschka

Popular Joop!

Joop! Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Le Bain (Eau de Parfum) by Joop! Nightflight (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Joop! Homme Wild by Joop! Joop! Jump (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! All About Eve (Eau de Parfum) by Joop! Wow! for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Joop! Go by Joop! Joop! Femme (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Joop! Thrill Man by Joop! Berlin (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! What About Adam (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Nuit d'été (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Splash by Joop! Joop! Miss Wild by Joop! Joop! Homme Extreme (Eau de Toilette Intense) by Joop! Joop! Thrill Woman by Joop! Joop! Homme Sport by Joop! Rococo (Eau de Parfum) by Joop! Wow! for Women by Joop!