Joop! Homme Absolute 2019

Joop! Homme Absolute by Joop!
Joop! Homme Absolute is a new perfume by Joop! for men and was released in 2019. The scent is spicy-woody. It is being marketed by Coty.

Top Notes Top NotesBlack pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesYlang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesVetiver, Tonka bean, Frankincense

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 17.10.2020.

The face of the advertising campaign is Brazilian model Francisco Lachowski with wife Jessieann Gravel-Beland.

Rej
The dark is coming and brings with it an elegant mystery!
Joop Homme Absolute has been a pleasant discovery in the last period. It is a modern perfume, a spiced Tonka Beans, with a touch of white pepper and a whiff of dark incense. It is not a complicated perfume or particularly elaborate. It is a perfume that makes its simplicity its strong point. Few notes on my nose, but well mixed together. A pleasant scent, balanced between light and darkness.It is best expressed in the cold season. A metropolitan and cosmopolitan perfume suitable for both sexes. A good price for a great result! Maybe a little underestimated ...So elegant in its gothic dance!
An attached, personal scent
If the title of my commentary makes you think more of the famous cube - the content of which reminds you of old, black ink, a chagrin of old thoughts and dreams - I'm happy to disappoint you.
Because many of the descriptions that are often used are much more appropriate for Joop's dark scent.

Joop Homme Absolute is, and I'll say this right away, not the high flyer. Not the high flyer. Not the guy who goes out on a limb and plays poker with his heart.
This fragrance is restrained, the thinker in the background. A little romantic with a preference for small fireplaces and campfires.
And that's why I love this one. A fine EDP that remains beautifully in the background and yet is present. Most people will hardly notice the scent at first. But if you have the right people around you, it makes you feel comfortable. This fragrance does not want to dominate, it wants harmony.

Indeed, this men's fragrance here is reminiscent of smoky wood, veiled with a discreetly perceptible yet heavy sweetness. Depending on how I'm feeling on the day, the scent even reminds me of liquorice. This gives the little romantic also a slightly hinted gourmet note.
I prefer to wear it when it gets dusky outside. Or even on cooler days. I also like it when it rains And secretly I still wish the scent had a little more bang. Because sometimes I would like to radiate the cuddly mood that Joop Homme Absolute has to offer, in an olfactory sense. So it remains my little cuddly scent. It's not expensive and I'll even be happy to buy it again, simply because I love the scent itself.

Conclusion: Fortunately, charisma and character are not synonymous in perfumes. If there is a clear lack of charisma, this fragrance has a very pleasant character. You can test it beforehand, but because of the low price, a blind purchase is not the end of the world
MfG
TheOrange78
Trip around the world
It takes time for that fragrance. A lot of time. It's not the fragrance that takes time, it's the wearer. If you take this time, Joop Homme Absolute takes the user on a trip around the world.

I have read in many comments that the scent would not change during the day, but that is not true. He does it only very quietly, almost subtly and yet, if you take your time, you notice the change.

Immediately after application (one should spray on abundantly) it appears hard, smoky, rough, almost a little salty. The first station of the world trip is reached. Close your eyes. If you hear the fire crackle, you can hear the rock fire. Can you smell the fresh salmon by the fire? Do you feel the cool clear summer night? You can feel the cold of the night and the warmth of the fire at the same time. If you keep your eyes closed, you find yourself at the campfire of the old Vikings.

A short time later you reach the second station of the journey. We land on an oriental market. But not one of the so often tried pure spice markets. We landed in an oriental food alley. Of course there are spices here, too. You'd think the three kings were after our poor soul. They serve fried chicken here, too. In some places a bearded turban-wearer offers leather shoes for sale. There are freshly tanned animal skins. Can you hear the chargers calling Can you feel the vibration of this market in the midday sun?
A little later the third part of the journey follows.
We are back in Central Europe. Take a deep breath, keep your eyes closed.
The doors are opening. One gets out of the cable car gondola. In the waiting room of the top station, the smell from the engine room easily penetrates. It smells of slightly sweet machine oil. Not obtrusive, one takes it pleasantly. After leaving the cable car building one finds oneself in the garden of the mountain monastery. We sit down in the arcades of the monastery. Do you feel the peace and quiet, the power of the place? Now and then the door of the small chapel opens behind us. Do you smell the cold stone, the smell of the old wood of the benches? Do you feel the breeze of the monk passing by? The monk is wearing a long linen robe and leather shoes. Right?

And now as the day draws to a close. The last stop on the world tour.

New York. But not upstairs, downstairs. Bronx. Subway Station 145 Street.
Standing by the track. The shaft wind blows through us in its typical mixture of warm and cold. You can smell the heavy iron bars in the entrance area that are supposed to keep the fare dodgers away. With us on the platform is a passenger carrying an overfull K-mart shopping cart full of his belongings. A little further on a completely dented Mountain Dew vending machine is humming. The train crashes into the station. It pushes the tunnel air in front of it, which hits us in the face. The doors open, we get on. The seats, faux leather upholstered. Only one passenger in the car. It's a sailor wearing what? Sure. Gaultiers le Male.

Now we open our eyes, the day is over. We're home again. An exciting journey lies behind us
You may think I'm crazy, but that's the way this scent works for me.
Only "Heaven by Chopard" can arouse similar emotions in me apart from this fragrance. It hasn't been around for almost 20 years now.
Even if the two fragrances have nothing to do with each other, they are for me more impressive than any other.
Joop - Swoke
It's common knowledge by now that companies are often too cowardly to launch completely new fragrances, names and shapes - but in my head that's still only partly true. "Joop Homme Absolute" is another candidate that has little, if anything, to do with its pink original scent, which could easily have been marketed under a new address. No must. For example under my headline, casual and crisp and catchy for sweet smoke. Joopies - call me ;-)

All joking aside, what can this heavy black man do, under any title whatsoever?! A lot. For example, I'm very convincing. And not only me, it seems. "Swo... uh soory, "Joop Homme Absolute" of course, is a dark representative (oh what) of incense and (peppery) spice. "Sweet, warm, cuddly smoke. Not sticky, rather solid and earthy. Straightforward and reliable. Certainly also a good bit boring, but on a high level. It remains true to its line, has only a real fragrance phase. But it is nice. Soft and powerful at the same time, difficult to describe. Just don't expect any surprises or development. Campfire, pepper mill, cuddle blanket, autumn, forest, wood, cashmeran. A pleasant mixture, homogeneous and monotonous.

Flacon: black & beautiful (even if a bit clumsy)
Sillage: quite flat & very close to me
Shelf life: 6 hours and up

Conclusion: soft, beautiful, sweet and never sticky - a (more than?) solid Joop. Although not a Joop Homme.

Here comes a JOOP!
In view of the perfume accidents that appeared after Nightflight under the brand name JOOP!, which can only be understood as the cheapest ingratiation to the public, a perfume has finally come onto the market again that does NOT belong to the infinite series of modern aqua-intense-black-night-summer-invictus-olympea- sugarfloss-ozone-amber xtreme trifles. Well, you shouldn't be misled by the name, it's as grotesque as it is wrong, as the packaging is cheap. But the shape of the bottle and the content, with its peppery, dry, spicy, powdery, ambry scent, are a clear and successful reminiscence of the early JOOP! perfumes. Perfumes that, however controversial they may have been, must today be counted among the "classics". Products which, in contrast to today's "fragrances", still have the right to be called perfumes. JOOP! Homme Absolute stands out pleasantly from the usual mainstream, because it was understood to tie in with the (JOOP!) tradition to take up the topic again in a modernized form. That's gratifying and amazing. And very courageous, because the commitment and the risk are very high in today's saturated market. No one wants to take responsibility, so everything has to be trimmed for maximum mass compatibility. A process in which the end result is an individual and uniform product that corresponds to the mass taste. So everyone wants to like it. What remains is an absolute insignificance liberated from every soul and spirit. Then even the "niche" becomes just a flimsy paint that suggests the supposedly other. And therefore, in the age of post-capitalist absolute abundance, in which every last product is only more trivial and unnecessary than the penultimate one, a product falling out of Scheme F like JOOP! Homme Absolute is something to be celebrated and therefore worth a note.

I just don't get it
I tested Joop! Homme Absolute today for the umpteenth time and always come to the same conclusion:

It is linear and hardly changes in its course. It smells of sweet incense from beginning to end, while the incense slowly fades with time. What's left is an oriental sweetness, that's all. Neither does it have the intensity of an EdP (even some EdC are stronger than this water) nor should it have "absolute" as an addition, because that is "absolute" misleading.

At first I thought I might have caught a bad tester or my nose wasn't completely intact, but I had some puff cake. Unfortunately, I had to draw the same conclusion everywhere. I can understand the enthusiasm around this fragrance absolutely zero. What's not really on my mind is that they've instead crushed the worlds better Joop! Nightflight, while they'd rather launch such stale new releases on the market and also keep the pink Joop! Homme alive with inflationary advertising. I just don't understand it and I don't want to understand it either
Firecracker
I stumbled across this fragrance a few weeks ago by pure chance. I've been strolling in the miller's valley with a colleague at noon in Munich. Thought you might try some new perfumes. After some scents I thought to myself "OK, nothing that convinces you" and then I said to myself, "that one" still tries now. Purely intuitive. Result: 50 ml Joop Absolute are mine. Now that I'm not the expert at scent decomposition, all I'm saying is, firecracker. Similar to Terre d'Hermes, this scent had something attractive about me. A "I want to smell more" and above all "must have". Try it, you'll feel it. One's yes, the other's no.
Morpheus1
The concept could work out Joop - the new mainstream box-office hit 2019?
Yes, one could predict a good future for him. The start was good, you can also see the statements and rating here.

It already arrives well and is a good fragrance.

First peppery spicy, with fresh sweetness in the heart, finally merging into a powdery woody smoky base.

First association: Marc Jacobs Bang.
Since a lot of pepper dominates at the beginning.
My nose also wanted to fool me with connections to GPH1. We don't want to exaggerate ;-)
Possibly small bonds play a role because of the incense. But it's far from dry.

It permanently remains the woody-smokey, powdery sweetness on the skin.

He is male, because by far no sugar monster like the pink Joop, but has light powdery sweet impacts. Best of both worlds!

This could be a great success and a box-office hit also and especially for the over 40 generation.

It has slight weaknesses in durability and Sillage.

Good job, man.
Dawid
A Joop dancing out of line
Very successful fragrance and not as a sugar bomb as the other Joop fragrances.
The negative first: Unfortunately does not last very long
Otherwise a really beautiful and elegant everyday fragrance, club fragrance, office fragrance = all-rounder
Ylang Ylang fresh sweet note comes through again and again and remains well alternating with the incense and pepper.
If I should describe the direction, then it goes into a swing of Zadig&voltaire This is Him and Just Rock mix + Ylang Ylang.
For me a really elegant fragrance, which doesn't go in the typical mainstream direction of Joop ;)
Recommendation.

Mike1337Mike1337 51 days ago
There is something gingery that puts me off.
SejanoSejano 12 months ago
Similar to Loewe 7 but a little more dark. Frankincense and black pepper. Misteryous and sensual. Great option for winter nights
Carlitos01Carlitos01 15 months ago
Strong black pepper with frankincense - unusual but very efective! I love the mild sweetness and the smoke. It's a true king of the night!
David11David11 19 months ago
A true winner for night time wear!

Für Fresh... Verschleiß
by Blödel
by Locke93
by Locke93

Popular Joop!

Nuit d'été (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! What About Adam (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Berlin (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Nuit d'été (Parfum) by Joop! Le Bain (Eau de Parfum) by Joop! Nightflight (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Wow! for Men (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Joop! Joop! Femme (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Wow! for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Joop! Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Joop! Go by Joop! Joop! Jump (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Joop! Thrill Man by Joop! Rococo for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Le Bain Soft Moments by Joop! Joop! Homme Wild by Joop! All About Eve (Eau de Parfum) by Joop! Joop! Homme Ice by Joop! Rococo (Eau de Parfum) by Joop! Wow! for Women (Eau de Toilette) by Joop!