Joop! Homme Absolute 2019

Joop! Homme Absolute by Joop!
Joop! Homme Absolute is a popular perfume by Joop! for men and was released in 2019. The scent is spicy-woody. It is being marketed by Coty.

Top Notes Top NotesBlack pepperBlack pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesYlang-ylangYlang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesVetiverVetiver
Tonka beanTonka bean
FrankincenseFrankincense

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 13.10.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is Brazilian model Francisco Lachowski with wife Jessieann Gravel-Beland.

Chevalier
An image and a person are two different things. It's damn hard to live up to an image. Elvis Presley
Joop as a brand which is based in the house Coty, had it really not easy. The best sellers brought one under Boss or one had the cheap sector in the area. Joop spent far too long on his pink fragrance, which today has also been changed too much and probably no longer brings the sales figures of the past. There was the Nightflight which also got a lot of attention and praise.
Many new releases came and went asbald again. The Joop Wow was a beginning from the long time of lethargy.
With this absolute which reminds very firmly of the Luna Rossa extreme, Coty has brought a very beautiful and well composed participant on the market. He is already from the 2019 what passed me by completely. The poor durability can not be understood, He performs around 5-6 hours very strong and is still perceived a little more than a skin scent afterwards. The spiciness at first spray it keeps until the end. This pepper is reminiscent of the Luna, perhaps also the Bang by Marc Jacobs, which can also be found at Coty.
For a Joop fragrance, it is absolutely contemporary, pleasant and despite the incense not intrusive or inappropriate in the warmer months. He works even at 30 degrees very pleasant and never becomes too much or intrusive as many others at these temperatures.
Price performance is absolutely fine for the size of the bottle.
Is it worth a repurchase? Probably yes, if the price range is maintained so.
It is to be hoped that further Joop fragrances will surprise so pleasantly and shed the somewhat difficult image of Joop. The new Joop Homme gives hope, as the path of good product is also continued here.

Simply great!
Two years ago, I happened to get a sample of Joop Homme Absolute and was blown away right after the first spray. I had to get me immediately. Unfortunately, that was in the spring and it was already quite warm. This sweet and incense fragrance fits more in the fall and winter. I think it's really great and I love wearing it. And the poor durability, which some people complain, I can not confirm at least on my skin. For me, it even lasts longer than average. For this price, I find this fragrance the absolute blast!
Who are you?
Until now, this black and yellow bottle always eluded my field of vision, among all the many great known perfumes of the craftsmen in the mill. But suddenly he stood there, quite inconspicuous on a shelf just for himself. My nose already pumped full of the most varied smells and gasping for fresh air.... but I couldn't resist and sprayed it on, first on the test strip, then on the back of my hand. Boommmm!!! All the scents I had smelled before were abruptly neutralized and all I smelled was him. A scent that for me lies somewhere between Prada Luna Rossa Black and This is him! by Zadig & Voltaire and yet is absolutely unique. I was thrilled, put another spray on my shirt after and went.
The next morning, it was a Thursday and I had once again slept way too long, I woke up in my typical sleeping position, hand kind of twisted under my head, and smelled it immediately. Still present and with hardly any progression to the previous day.
At the price, the fragrance is a class below for me and ideally suited for cooler fall and winter days but also for long spring or summer nights.
Ciao

Rej
The dark is coming and brings with it an elegant mystery!
Joop Homme Absolute has been a pleasant discovery in the last period. It is a modern perfume, a spiced Tonka Beans, with a touch of white pepper and a whiff of dark incense. It is not a complicated perfume or particularly elaborate. It is a perfume that makes its simplicity its strong point. Few notes on my nose, but well mixed together. A pleasant scent, balanced between light and darkness.It is best expressed in the cold season. A metropolitan and cosmopolitan perfume suitable for both sexes. A good price for a great result! Maybe a little underestimated ...So elegant in its gothic dance!
Trip around the world
It takes time for that fragrance. A lot of time. It's not the fragrance that takes time, it's the wearer. If you take this time, Joop Homme Absolute takes the user on a trip around the world.

I have read in many comments that the scent would not change during the day, but that is not true. He does it only very quietly, almost subtly and yet, if you take your time, you notice the change.

Immediately after application (one should spray on abundantly) it appears hard, smoky, rough, almost a little salty. The first station of the world trip is reached. Close your eyes. If you hear the fire crackle, you can hear the rock fire. Can you smell the fresh salmon by the fire? Do you feel the cool clear summer night? You can feel the cold of the night and the warmth of the fire at the same time. If you keep your eyes closed, you find yourself at the campfire of the old Vikings.

A short time later you reach the second station of the journey. We land on an oriental market. But not one of the so often tried pure spice markets. We landed in an oriental food alley. Of course there are spices here, too. You'd think the three kings were after our poor soul. They serve fried chicken here, too. In some places a bearded turban-wearer offers leather shoes for sale. There are freshly tanned animal skins. Can you hear the chargers calling Can you feel the vibration of this market in the midday sun?
A little later the third part of the journey follows.
We are back in Central Europe. Take a deep breath, keep your eyes closed.
The doors are opening. One gets out of the cable car gondola. In the waiting room of the top station, the smell from the engine room easily penetrates. It smells of slightly sweet machine oil. Not obtrusive, one takes it pleasantly. After leaving the cable car building one finds oneself in the garden of the mountain monastery. We sit down in the arcades of the monastery. Do you feel the peace and quiet, the power of the place? Now and then the door of the small chapel opens behind us. Do you smell the cold stone, the smell of the old wood of the benches? Do you feel the breeze of the monk passing by? The monk is wearing a long linen robe and leather shoes. Right?

And now as the day draws to a close. The last stop on the world tour.

New York. But not upstairs, downstairs. Bronx. Subway Station 145 Street.
Standing by the track. The shaft wind blows through us in its typical mixture of warm and cold. You can smell the heavy iron bars in the entrance area that are supposed to keep the fare dodgers away. With us on the platform is a passenger carrying an overfull K-mart shopping cart full of his belongings. A little further on a completely dented Mountain Dew vending machine is humming. The train crashes into the station. It pushes the tunnel air in front of it, which hits us in the face. The doors open, we get on. The seats, faux leather upholstered. Only one passenger in the car. It's a sailor wearing what? Sure. Gaultiers le Male.

Now we open our eyes, the day is over. We're home again. An exciting journey lies behind us
You may think I'm crazy, but that's the way this scent works for me.
Only "Heaven by Chopard" can arouse similar emotions in me apart from this fragrance. It hasn't been around for almost 20 years now.
Even if the two fragrances have nothing to do with each other, they are for me more impressive than any other.
Joop - Swoke
It's common knowledge by now that companies are often too cowardly to launch completely new fragrances, names and shapes - but in my head that's still only partly true. "Joop Homme Absolute" is another candidate that has little, if anything, to do with its pink original scent, which could easily have been marketed under a new address. No must. For example under my headline, casual and crisp and catchy for sweet smoke. Joopies - call me ;-)

All joking aside, what can this heavy black man do, under any title whatsoever?! A lot. For example, I'm very convincing. And not only me, it seems. "Swo... uh soory, "Joop Homme Absolute" of course, is a dark representative (oh what) of incense and (peppery) spice. "Sweet, warm, cuddly smoke. Not sticky, rather solid and earthy. Straightforward and reliable. Certainly also a good bit boring, but on a high level. It remains true to its line, has only a real fragrance phase. But it is nice. Soft and powerful at the same time, difficult to describe. Just don't expect any surprises or development. Campfire, pepper mill, cuddle blanket, autumn, forest, wood, cashmeran. A pleasant mixture, homogeneous and monotonous.

Flacon: black & beautiful (even if a bit clumsy)
Sillage: quite flat & very close to me
Shelf life: 6 hours and up

Conclusion: soft, beautiful, sweet and never sticky - a (more than?) solid Joop. Although not a Joop Homme.

Here comes a JOOP!
In view of the perfume accidents that appeared after Nightflight under the brand name JOOP!, which can only be understood as the cheapest ingratiation to the public, a perfume has finally come onto the market again that does NOT belong to the infinite series of modern aqua-intense-black-night-summer-invictus-olympea- sugarfloss-ozone-amber xtreme trifles. Well, you shouldn't be misled by the name, it's as grotesque as it is wrong, as the packaging is cheap. But the shape of the bottle and the content, with its peppery, dry, spicy, powdery, ambry scent, are a clear and successful reminiscence of the early JOOP! perfumes. Perfumes that, however controversial they may have been, must today be counted among the "classics". Products which, in contrast to today's "fragrances", still have the right to be called perfumes. JOOP! Homme Absolute stands out pleasantly from the usual mainstream, because it was understood to tie in with the (JOOP!) tradition to take up the topic again in a modernized form. That's gratifying and amazing. And very courageous, because the commitment and the risk are very high in today's saturated market. No one wants to take responsibility, so everything has to be trimmed for maximum mass compatibility. A process in which the end result is an individual and uniform product that corresponds to the mass taste. So everyone wants to like it. What remains is an absolute insignificance liberated from every soul and spirit. Then even the "niche" becomes just a flimsy paint that suggests the supposedly other. And therefore, in the age of post-capitalist absolute abundance, in which every last product is only more trivial and unnecessary than the penultimate one, a product falling out of Scheme F like JOOP! Homme Absolute is something to be celebrated and therefore worth a note.

I just don't get it
I tested Joop! Homme Absolute today for the umpteenth time and always come to the same conclusion:

It is linear and hardly changes in its course. It smells of sweet incense from beginning to end, while the incense slowly fades with time. What's left is an oriental sweetness, that's all. Neither does it have the intensity of an EdP (even some EdC are stronger than this water) nor should it have "absolute" as an addition, because that is "absolute" misleading.

At first I thought I might have caught a bad tester or my nose wasn't completely intact, but I had some puff cake. Unfortunately, I had to draw the same conclusion everywhere. I can understand the enthusiasm around this fragrance absolutely zero. What's not really on my mind is that they've instead crushed the worlds better Joop! Nightflight, while they'd rather launch such stale new releases on the market and also keep the pink Joop! Homme alive with inflationary advertising. I just don't understand it and I don't want to understand it either
Firecracker
I stumbled across this fragrance a few weeks ago by pure chance. I've been strolling in the miller's valley with a colleague at noon in Munich. Thought you might try some new perfumes. After some scents I thought to myself "OK, nothing that convinces you" and then I said to myself, "that one" still tries now. Purely intuitive. Result: 50 ml Joop Absolute are mine. Now that I'm not the expert at scent decomposition, all I'm saying is, firecracker. Similar to Terre d'Hermes, this scent had something attractive about me. A "I want to smell more" and above all "must have". Try it, you'll feel it. One's yes, the other's no.
Morpheus1
The concept could work out Joop - the new mainstream box-office hit 2019?
Yes, one could predict a good future for him. The start was good, you can also see the statements and rating here.

It already arrives well and is a good fragrance.

First peppery spicy, with fresh sweetness in the heart, finally merging into a powdery woody smoky base.

First association: Marc Jacobs Bang.
Since a lot of pepper dominates at the beginning.
My nose also wanted to fool me with connections to GPH1. We don't want to exaggerate ;-)
Possibly small bonds play a role because of the incense. But it's far from dry.

It permanently remains the woody-smokey, powdery sweetness on the skin.

He is male, because by far no sugar monster like the pink Joop, but has light powdery sweet impacts. Best of both worlds!

This could be a great success and a box-office hit also and especially for the over 40 generation.

It has slight weaknesses in durability and Sillage.

Good job, man.

Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 5 months ago
Very similar to Bentley for men Absolut. The Bentley however has a bit more focus on the sandalwood and smells overall of higher quality.
Mike1337Mike1337 1 year ago
There is something gingery that puts me off.
SejanoSejano 2 years ago
Similar to Loewe 7 but a little more dark. Frankincense and black pepper. Misteryous and sensual. Great option for winter nights
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
Strong black pepper with frankincense - unusual but very efective! I love the mild sweetness and the smoke. It's a true king of the night!
David11David11 3 years ago
A true winner for night time wear!

Für Fresh... Verschleiß
by Miieenchen
by Locke93
by Locke93

Popular Joop!

Nuit d'été (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! What About Adam (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Berlin (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Nightflight (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Le Bain (Eau de Parfum) by Joop! Wow! for Men (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Joop! Joop! Femme (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Joop! Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Joop! Wow! for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Nuit d'été (Parfum) by Joop! Joop! Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Joop! Go by Joop! Joop! Jump (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Wow! for Women (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Joop! Joop! Thrill Man by Joop! Le Bain Soft Moments by Joop! Joop! Homme Ice by Joop! Rococo for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Joop! Homme Wild by Joop! All About Eve (Eau de Parfum) by Joop!