Joop! Homme (1989)Eau de Toilette

Joop! Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Joop!
Bottle Design Peter Schmidt, Lutz Herrmann

Joop! Homme (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Joop! for men and was released in 1989. The scent is sweet-oriental. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Coty.

Michel Almairac

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Mandarin, Orange blossom, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesHeliotrope, Jasmine, Lily-of-the-valley, Cinnamon
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Sandalwood, Tonka bean, Vanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 31.05.2020.

ApiciusApicius 8 years ago

„The Classic Red”

Every decade has its own perfumes that reflect lifestyle and zeitgeist. If this really is the case with a fragrance, then it is beyond fashion. Joop! Homme was released...
SherapopSherapop 7 years ago

„Good longevity is good. Nuclear longevity?”

Every few months I make the same mistake. While on a trip to either Whole Foods or Trader Joe's, I stop by TJMaxx and take a gander at the perfume...
A biting legend
What more can one say about this scent? It was in the early 90's a fragrance that everyone knew. And to be honest, everyone loved to smell it. If you wore it you could be followed for tens of meters. Today there are tracking devices and navigation systems. A sweet woody scent with an unbeatable durability and sillage. Surely it is getting on in years. But is it really as bad as it is being made here in a big way?
If it is no longer produced after more than 20 years, we will miss it. A sweet smell that almost kills you But he is still a legend in the world of perfume, like Davidoff Cool Water or Chanel Egoiste, to name but a few.
I'm not gonna buy it anymore either. But as far as durability and silage are concerned, many top perfumes of today can take an example. Joop Homme you Red Gun, you'll always be a legend! One way or another.
Sunnyiland
It flew at that time for whatever reason under my radar and was only now discovered by me.
The scent is really insanely beautiful to me. I perceive it as a beautiful sweet, powdery gourmand scent, which somehow magically attracts me. Anyway, I can hardly get my nose off my wrist and not this one, because it is so sweet and sticks to it ;o)
The shelf life is over 8 hours for me.

I love a lot of scents from the 80s anyway and I just wonder where I was in that time?
Why didn't I run into him in the '89 or '90s?
OK, a men's fragrance and my husband was not a fan of perfume then or now. And I was probably blind and fogged in with moments and co.

A manufacturer's sample of Flac... seduced me into a buying frenzy last weekend. The bunker-busters will make my cabinets explode. I can't believe how unreasonable I was again And in the process, I have so decimated my wish list, because I have enough scents anyway. But it has to come in, no matter what, and who knows how long it'll be around.
The scent is apparently everywhere cheaply knocked out. Price reduction of 20 to 60% no matter where you look
I have struck mercilessly and I am glad and happy to have got hold of such a beautiful fragrance now at such a good price. Exactly my prey scheme ;o)

Even if according to the pre-commentaries the vintage is supposed to be much better. I also like this one,
and I hope only the specimens I ordered are identical to the sample I had, if they were even stronger it would be OK too, but please nothing less of the radiance ;o))

Cngz95
Striking like a pink sheep
Joop Homme was one of the first fragrances that I was allowed to call my own. At that time I was still young and naive and I sprayed just what was there on my body.

This fragrance thus became my summer - all-rounder and unconsciously it was a hit at the time. However, I simply cannot imagine this fragrance on a grown, grown man. It comes along cheeky, warm, sweet and playful.

I would also confirm that this fragrance is apparently well received by the female world, but as I said, only at a young age. I also think it's important to mention that you should wear this fragrance more as a masculine person, because it creates a nice contrast and that's what catches the eye.

Joop Homme is conspicuous, but nothing new, since you notice him at least once when you walk through the city. I would rate the scent as good, the sillage is wide and polarized.

All in all a perfect gift for people up to ~20 years, everything above that would be inappropriate in my opinion.
The contaminated riding hall
I first got my first taste of Joop Homme at the tender age of 16. And I thought he was really good at first. He was cute, okay, but in a reasonable dose he could be really pleasant with his vanilla-woody tones. An equally young guy wore this fragrance, very discreetly dosed and of course only for going out in the evening. I liked it (the scent, the intimidated boy sometime no longer). Sweet, cuddly, cuddly. A good fragrance from the house of Joop, just like Nuit d'Eté and Berlin, which I had on my wish list at the time.

For many years, I consciously did not come across a wearer of this scent, until - it must have been 2003 or 2004 - I had to move into a new stable with my then riding participation horse. There was a riding instructor there who bathed in Joop Homme. Such olfactory combatants, which were revealed to me there during my sporting leisure activities, were unknown to me until then. And that of a student with five semesters of chemistry on her back. And believe me, not everything smells of violets - not to mention the strong silage of some cooking experiments in the laboratory.

But nothing else could compete with these olfactory grenades. The man, an elderly gentleman who had already passed the age of 60, entered the riding hall and within seconds it was contaminated. Normally I was used to riding instructors who always managed to get their eleves on horseback to concentrate with a Bundeswehr-like loud organ. With Mr. P., on the other hand, there were olfactory drones. And we are talking about an indoor riding hall, 20 x 40 meters. There p
* and k
* horses in it, it actually smells like a stable, like a horse, and on top of that they smoked in riding halls at that time, and not too close. All these smells had no chance against Joop Homme of Mr. P. Even when he gave lessons on the outdoor riding arena, we still felt the need to air out. Beaten to death with a heliotrope slingshot. Shouted at by jasmine and cinnamon, who constantly fought each other and especially the vanilla was not the best friend in this always exhausting environment of the farm. Tonka couldn't save anything and Patchouli sank into the olfactory stable-all.

I never processed that! When I smell this smell today, I want to run away. Far, far away. Preferably at a striding gallop. Giddyup!
Neon Hubba Bubba chewing gum
18:36 is when I start writing this comment. I sprayed Joop Homme last night and it still smells good where it was sprayed 20 hours ago.

So this purple bottle with the strong chemical mixture just makes me think again.

Joop Homme is almost 30 years old and still a hip fragrance in the German-speaking world.
When spraying on, this very strong artificial sweetness of citrus, cherry, cinnamon and orange chords unfolds immediately, somehow too sweet and yet coherent.

The fragrance is pure chemical laboratory not only because of its pink/purple color, but also because of the synthetic scent DNA.

BUT somehow it is coherent and despite its sweetness it adapts to the man who wears it.
The shelf life and silage is brutally good for an eau de toilette and the fragrance lasts for almost 1 full day 24 hours, as already mentioned above, and is also 6-8 hours good smelling for the environment.

Although it is getting on in years, it still fits with its pushy, chemical and oriental sweetness to occasions like parties, nightlife and even disco quite well.

I can't imagine this dominant teenager pushing in front of people in the office, but I can imagine it on many informal occasions.

For 20-30€ the prospective customer gets a chemical club with brutal durability, 80's charm, Saturday Night Feelings and a fragrance that tells everyone HEY hier bin ICH.
Nutella Band
... Is the name of a Ludenring (also called Puffpapiparty).

That's what Joop Homme is to me
Flowery overkill served with a Sillage that tramples everything into the ground + durability until the third shower, or at least 12+ hours with good performance. You need self-confidence for this, unnoticed and without "What is it?" You can't get a look anywhere like that anymore
In the beginning a little lighter and more acidic, but most of the time a lot of heliotrope mixed with certainly synthetic but not biting jasmine and other floral chords+something oriental.

Towards the end (i.e. after a good night's drinking and sobering up) a little more subtle, almost modern but still noticeable
Certainly the strongest and most distinctive fragrance still available in drugstores. I would be interested to know how strong it was before
The price is for something special really a catch and at least in my age group (boy 20) I am the only carrier of this masterpiece.

If you like fragrances that push everything to the top and can also be labeled negative or boastful, you should try Joop Homme as a flower bomb.
The most famous fragrance
Released in 1989, Joop Homme may have accompanied many people during the 90s. Although I experienced my early childhood in the 90's, or rather was allowed to experience it! JH has been a term for me since I can remember, because it was also used in the family circle. If one thinks here of the first published version, that was for a small young already strong tobacco
Attention Vintage Review!

Fortunately, the first Lancaster version with the cornflower is only marginally different from the second version, which has the "homme" at the top of the bottle. I don't want to comment on the third and so far last disfigured Coty version.

Joop Homme starts with a strong sweet note, immediately we have the orange blossom in the nose, which at first is surrounded by citric notes and is soon accompanied by cinnamon, which after the top note fades away, moves more and more into the foreground and combines with vanilla, tonka and the floral notes to a very sweet and above all independent fragrance. In the further course the sweetness is still minimally muted by sandalwood and patchouli. Whenever you wear it, it is present and everyone who knows it immediately knows that it is Joop Homme.

The shelf life is especially good on clothes for days and the Sillage is sprayed on in the morning and can be sniffed at least until the afternoon. At least I'm glad to have enough pink vintage juice incl. AS, which will last forever with alternating use.

The German fucsia sweet Oriental powerhouse
[short review]
Joop! Homme it's a fragrance I like and usualy recommend but that I almost never use. Its fucsia color and drugstore flask somehow builds up a negative reaction on me that prevents me to pick up this flask.
The opening has some citrus and floral nice accords, that quickly evolve to a floral sweet panorama with emphasis on a great heliotrope note. The heavy oriental sweet spices together with an alluring sandalwood-patchouli combo ensure this perfume to have a more manly bottom and drydown, even if I consider it as mainly unisex.
The performance is huge. The strong projection allied to its gourmand facet to make me warn you to be stingy on the trigger.
Ladies usually like gourmand scents on men, but this one may be considered an exception at least with some women. It's feminine floral side together with the easy strong projection does make the ladies think twice. Just a pair of whiffs may grant you more success than the traditional all around 5-7 sprays.
Joop! Homme (from 1989) has some ressemblance with Creed's Original Santal (from 2004). You get the Joop! scent for 1/10th of the Creed price. On top of it offers a better performance and cannot be considered a clone as it is 15 years older. It must make you think twice.
Do I recommend it? Yes if you like sweet orientals, but be cautious with the trigger. Less is better than more!

Music: Joan Baez - "Sweet Sir Galahad"
Mörfi
Sensuality & Attitude - Forever!
The fragrance is sometimes compared with MB Individual. It is similar for me, but has a different appeal and character, which makes the overall picture and the fragrance different. For example, the raspberry and juniper at MB. Joop! There's something magical about Homme that's hard to grasp. Slightly wilted flowers - almost beautifully dark, gothic like and of course the totalitarian cherry note. All in all I think they are the opposites - dark, mystical but also open-minded, life-affirming and "ready". The part is unique and will probably never (hopefully) disappear. I have known it since the Graenzgang, i.e. the end of the 80s to the 90s, and I really have to say that a timeless masterpiece has been created here and (if you are my age) one likes to remember the times. There was the 80s with a creative explosion, which brought music, fashion and lifestyle. Then there was a little stop and then came the 90s with lots of electronic music, new attitude - Love, Peace & Unity. Until about the middle of that time it was a celebration for me and also for many others from that time. After that, there was some kind of suspension of greed and decline, in the whirlpool of which we now find ourselves. Those are just my thoughts on the matter. I wish you a successful 2020 with many new and positive experiences.
Sporty & fresh seducer!
Absolute seducer! The girls love that smell. Absolute party and sports fragrance. Sassy and arrogant scent. To every young man who wants to smell conspicuous and sexy I recommend to buy. But some people find it too sharp and penetrating! But the more loved by others. The performance is TOP! - even after a night at the club, you'll still notice him.

EmorandeiraEmorandeira 10 months ago
A floral scent tagged for men is always a Risk but this one has had a good ending: It is hip after 30 years! Synthetic? A lot, but nice...
Hoban27Hoban27 11 months ago
The patchouli note here is just OMG!! rich vibe great scent even if performance after reformulation lighter but still kinda okay.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 14 months ago
fruity-flowery and a little bit alcoholic opening and warm -sweet base. It's a pleasant scent wearable by a woman too. Quite good sillage.
ElqwertyElqwerty 17 months ago
This scent is for the one who really likes sweet perfumes. The performance is frightening, I still smell this on my clothes after 3 days (!)
Mike1337Mike1337 19 months ago
Very sweet floral scent morphing into slightly musky
KLewisKLewis 21 months ago
It's a love or hate fragrance. To me, the floral notes come across as very synthetic and the overall scent is overly sweet.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 22 months ago
The sweet scent for the metrosexual yuppie. I don't mean it in a bad way. I own it and I use it although I am not metrosexual or a yuppie.
DarkbeatDarkbeat 2 years ago
Joop! Homme is a wild and seductive perfume, so as not to go unnoticed.
ElysiumElysium 4 years ago
Performance over the expectations. I can still smell it after one day of work. It's so powerful, honey sweet and musky! I do love it!

by Graybeard
by Graybeard
by Zora
by Zora
by GothicHeart
by GothicHeart
by Pistazieneis
Auch für die Damenwelt ;)
by Piepmatz
by LucyLou
by LucyLou
by Brz
by Brz
Vintage: Joop! - Homme 125ml EDT (1.Version)
by Ninina
by Ninina
by Hndrk
by Hndrk
by Vawallpa
by Vawallpa
by YKem
by YKem
Vintage: Joop! - Homme 75ml EDT Splash,erste Version (silberne Kornblume)
by Keppy
by Keppy
by Elqwerty
by Elqwerty
Vintage: Joop! - Homme 75ml EDT (1. Version)
by Itchynose
by Citrusman
by Citrusman
by KleinerPrinz
by KleinerPrinz
Vintage: Joop! Homme 30ml EDT (1. Reformulierung)
by SweetApricot
by Pharaoh
by XDiable
by XDiable

Popular Joop!

Nuit d'été (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! What About Adam (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Joop! Homme Absolute by Joop! Berlin (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Wow! for Men (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Joop! Le Bain (Eau de Parfum) by Joop! Nightflight (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Joop! Femme (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Wow! for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Joop! Go by Joop! Joop! Jump (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Joop! Thrill Man by Joop! Le Bain Soft Moments by Joop! Nuit d'été (Parfum) by Joop! Joop! Homme Wild by Joop! Rococo for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! All About Eve (Eau de Parfum) by Joop! Joop! Muse by Joop! Rococo (Eau de Parfum) by Joop! Joop! Homme Ice by Joop!