Joop! Homme 1989 Eau de Toilette

Joop! Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Joop!
Bottle Design Peter Schmidt, Lutz Herrmann
Joop! Homme (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Joop! for men and was released in 1989. The scent is sweet-oriental. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Coty.

Michel Almairac

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Mandarin orange, Orange blossom, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesHeliotrope, Jasmine, Lily of the valley, Cinnamon
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Sandalwood, Tonka bean, Vanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 15.05.2021.

ApiciusApicius 9 years ago

„The Classic Red”

Every decade has its own perfumes that reflect lifestyle and zeitgeist. If this really is the case with a fragrance, then it is beyond fashion. Joop! Homme was released...
SherapopSherapop 8 years ago

„Good longevity is good. Nuclear longevity?”

Every few months I make the same mistake. While on a trip to either Whole Foods or Trader Joe's, I stop by TJMaxx and take a gander at the perfume...
Nostalgia
I'm posting an update to my old comment. Almost exactly 10 years ago I wrote an amateurish comment about this fragrance. After 10 years, an update on this beautiful classic that I still like very much. A fragrance that is very familiar to me, as I loved wearing it in my early 20s. Bruno Banani Man, Armani Code, Joop Homme and Cerruti 1881 were my favorites and old memories often come up when I smell these scents. Of course, typical bestsellers, which one wears after years of experience rather less. That one would like to smell more individual should not diminish these fragrances but.

Meanwhile 32 years old the fragrance and yet he smells modern, timeless and very sensual. For sure he has already had some reformulations, to which I can not say too much. I wore it 10 years ago and I also still have a very current bottle here. The current blend still smells very high quality and long lasting, which is not a given with many classics. It has stayed true to its origins: sexy, offensive, flirty, good-humored, headstrong and simply a fragrance you recognize immediately. Definitely a polarizing fragrance that you usually love or hate. No wonder, since he goes all out. Brachial also in the sillage and screams: Here I am! In addition, this eye-catching pink bottle. Catches the eye.
A fragrance description I save me. Pretty much everyone who is registered here knows this fragrance. Who does not know him by name, he has smelled at least once in a crowd. Especially in Germany one of THE classics. Bestsellers of course have a hard time on a fragrance platform like this. Also in the last years this classic was sold off in a grabbeltable manner. 200ml(!) for roundabout 30 Euro. No advantage to be unique. I have also moved away from this one. As a rule, I don't like to wear bestsellers. Not anymore. Not necessarily just niche, but bestsellers don't really fit my style and attitude.
Objectively for me, a perfect fragrance that I would definitely wear more often if this was unknown. He has that certain something. A very multi-faceted and well-coordinated fragrance with a pleasant sweetness. It goes down well and performs really well. Too good in many situations, which worsens with overdosing. However, the blame is not the fragrance, but the carriers which often seem very proletarian.
About 10 years ago, I also wore it in the summer. Nowadays there are definitv clearly better alternatives. Even if he is categorized in the diagram rather as an autumn / winter fragrance I would call him a year-round fragrance. There is something about it that puts you in a good mood. At least for me. With people who do not like the at all probably rather less. Only in hot and humid temperatures 0.0 suitable. Can work overdosed really bad.

I have it me as nostalgia reasons again zugelegt for this price. A fragrance that I like to wear for myself or in a small environment because it's just a beautiful scent. Outside the house or as a statement fragrance but no longer an alternative for me. Objectively speaking, many bestsellers cut off too bad here.
Who has no problem to smell like one of many has also made a great choice. Many like it, but the DNA is too well known to really knock people off their feet.

The Phoenix - Out of the Ashes

The somewhat different Joop Homme homage.

I now believe I have found my personal fragrance renaissance...
... well, with some youthful support from the same house.

When I tried the new Joop Ice in the perfumery a few weeks ago, I was initially a little taken aback by the unusual freshness, however, a certain pointed blumminess in the course did not want to sympathize with my taste so properly.

Something further looking around I grabbed then again this and that, because actually it was certain that I needed again Joop Wild Homme in the 125 ml bottle urgently.

Dreamy I then again quickly grabbed the classic, His undisputed majesty of men's fragrances, the:
Pink classic Joop Homme

and uuuuhps... , quite by mistake I sprayed it on the same place as the previous Joop Ice. Such a fauxpas but also!
The perfumery again leaving, I went me now home, happily over my supply of Joop Wild Homme and an unusual fascinating breath hovered around me, in a way, as I had not experienced it since my youth, something that I no longer let go, so that I had to sniff constantly unconsciously at the double sprayed arm.
A truly terrific combination!
No! More like a brilliant fusion that had taken place!

I was so fascinated that I promptly reordered both fragrances in the 125 ml filling and now consume for days as if paralyzed this fragrance, so the mixture of classic Joop Homme and the new Joop Ice.

These two fragrances have the same DNA and are probably unintentionally so affinity to each other that it seems almost miraculous.

Joop Ice alone can not really convince me, but the combination 1:1 of both fragrances, sprayed directly on top of each other tears me absolutely from the stool.
Worse still, this combination seems to make me addicted little by little, I just can not let my nose more of it.
Joop Homme

A classic fragrance that even after plenty of 30 years can still come up with surprises. I am absolutely amazed!

Hate Love
I have worn this fragrance the first time in my youth then he was so strong that you got a headache from the scent. I have not bought since then and did not like the scent afterwards at all. Even when someone else wore it I couldn't smell it. Today I have the fragrance in my collection after I smelled a sample of it I liked it again which is really weird. Nevertheless, the scent still lasts a long time and you should not dose too much of it because it is still strong
MrMagic
The pink departure into a new era!
Another fragrance that I ordered blind. This happens to me more often lately and after Bentley for Men Intense and Rochas Moustache edP I was also of the opinion that I have a knack for it. Joop! Homme can not prove that, unfortunately.
I was curious about this fragrance mostly because of its history. Ultra popular in its time, then frowned upon, Joop! Homme should now be so forgotten by the average consumer that the lovers ensure its survival, but he could experience a renaissance. Who in my generation (born in 1996) still wears it today? Probably rather few.
The fragrance is supposed to be extremely sweet, Joop! Wow Intense I found quite okay and a fragrance for the club would not be so bad when it starts again - I thought to myself.
When the fragrance then arrived, came when spraying on the disappointment. Joop! Homme is a completely synthetic overloaded mash of generic sweetness.
Against him, even One Million looks like a finely tuned and well differentiated by the notes fragrance. Yes, I expected sweet synthetic and also with the fact that the fragrance polarizes, but so? The smells not only cheap, but also boring.
Joop! Homme is unfortunately fallen out of time, a renaissance does not make much sense in my opinion, there are simply better fragrances in this direction.
At least I can perceive the vanilla note when the fragrance dies down a bit. The completely overloaded heliotrope note remains, however, faithful companion.

Nevertheless, I would like to pay my respects to him: In 1989, when the word "unisex" was not yet invented, so to speak, to bring such a fragrance for men on the market and thus set a milestone in the history of fragrances, is simply a circumstance, which makes the fragrance downright testable. With the women I have asked, the incidentally well received and maybe I would have worn it in its time, who knows.
That this fragrance is celebrated for nostalgic reasons and is still in the closet with one or the other Parfumo today, is also perfectly fine. I have no memories of this fragrance with the exception of the fact that I have smelled him earlier of course - without knowing it - often.
Durability and sillage are top. The holds out like my Bentley and projects quite strongly.
Who likes the fragrance so, can confidently strike here, because with the one stands out.
The flacon pleases me. Classic and the Pinke Wässerchen has its charm, only the lid is so far probably one of the ugliest, which I have ever seen.

The flacon I could fortunately exchange. A piece of contemporary history, which does not appeal to me. Too bad, but the journey continues!

What remains are memories
That pink bottle on the shelf in my father's bedroom That feeling of sneaking in, taking it, "drizzling" it in, going out there and thinking you're the king of the party.

That feeling is back. I bought this pink bottle for a paltry 15 euros in the drugstore. Arrived at home took place with the first spray a trip back in time. It catapulted me straight back 13 years to the time when everything was easy, when ego was bigger than life experience, when every day of the weekend was a borderline experience, when my father was still around. 15 euros for tangible memories of the best time of life.

Thank you, little pink bottle.
Thank you Joop! Homme

Regardless of my personal experience with him a great, at the time very daring, revolutionary fragrance that still stands out from the other drugstore fragrances.
I still find it insanely delicious today. Timeless classic with a book of memories!

The Pink Juice
I was skeptical about this, because of the reviews. I paid nearly $50 for a bottle, and it's the best $50 I have ever spent. This is perfect! This is what separates boys from men. This is not just cologne, this is a fragrance. I suppose most young men don't really understand this fragrance, older men seem to struggle with it as well. I'm 29 years old, and I have enough sense to know that this is legit! I enjoy it, and will be buying another bottle.

What a peculiar scent!
I was born in 1993, I think it's safe to say I missed this fragrance heyday. Having finally tried it, I don't know whether to love or hate this scent. The opening is one of the harshest, most overpowering things I've ever smelled. Knowing Joop's reputation, I was very conservative with my sprays, but I was still taken aback.

The drydown is similarly bizarre. Once the spicy note mellows out, it alternates between cinnamon, cherry and white florals, all underlined by a powerful sweetness. As others have stated, this fragrance is the definition of beast mode. I used three sprays around my neck, which was more than enough. This is the kind of scent that's pretty overpowering even when moderately applied, so be very careful of dosage.

I'm currently sniffing a recent so I can't say anything about previous formulations, but this is very enticing. I can see how people could loathe it though, because it's a super powerful and sweet fragrance. After trying Montblanc Individuel, I can find several similarities between them. Still, I think I prefer Joop! Homme.

I paid about 18 € for 75ml, which I consider very cheap! Looking at the amount paid and the other fragrance evaluation criteria, it is obvious that I recommend this perfume!
Compliments guaranteed
I get compliments on this scent all the time. Even from complete strangers. Have zZ about 30 fragrances at home. But only to this I get almost always when I wear him positive feedback. I would describe the scent as sweet but not sticky and penetrating, but also very fresh and woody. It does not give you a headache. For me, he smells sympathetic and well-groomed. Unfortunately, the fragrance fits only to cold weather
TomFord89
Penetrating, heavy & extremely sweet brew
One of the worst fragrances I've ever smelled.
It is except for the unpleasant, penetrating sweetness hardly anything else to perceive. The individual fragrances are hard to identify, because everything is overlaid. Way too much heliotrope.

Sillage and durability are both very, very strong, but this is a disadvantage with this fragrance.

The comparatively good rating is baffling to me.
Quite atrocious fragrance.
My classic
I find this perfume always goes. It is so office fragrance and Ausgehduft at the same time, which I think not many fragrances can! The durability is above average, you perceive it even days later on worn clothes. Due to its pink colouring it stands out in every perfume shelf. And the price is unbeatable! I can also recommend the shower gel!

PedroCabralPedroCabral 20 days ago
A contrasting fragrance that combines the freshness of citruses with sensual accords of spices, vanilla and wood. Tailored for engaging men.
CaspikaarCaspikaar 1 month ago
This stuff is so average on my skin. Doesn’t perform very well either. It’s cheap in every way.
SibaritaSibarita 7 months ago
A strong, sweet fragrance with a particular aroma. In the correct dose it generates a pleasant bubble that does not go unnoticed.
TeleraTelera 8 months ago
Teniendo en cuenta que es EDT tiene bastante potencia, luego el sillage disminuye convirtiendose en una estela de medio metro o menos.
NGL7NGL7 9 months ago
Nostalgia in a bottle. To me it's like last day of summer "Bye bye, Hollywood Hills[...]
I'm gonna come back to walk these streets again"
Aquarius1Aquarius1 10 months ago
3.5
Comments vary from 'you smell great' to 'you reek of withering flowers'. Rude, but inclined to agree, I get a similar vibe from it.
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 2 years ago
A floral scent tagged for men is always a Risk but this one has had a good ending: It is hip after 30 years! Synthetic? A lot, but nice...
Hoban27Hoban27 2 years ago
The patchouli note here is just OMG!! rich vibe great scent even if performance after reformulation lighter but still kinda okay.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 2 years ago
fruity-flowery and a little bit alcoholic opening and warm -sweet base. It's a pleasant scent wearable by a woman too. Quite good sillage.
ElqwertyElqwerty 2 years ago
This scent is for the one who really likes sweet perfumes. The performance is frightening, I still smell this on my clothes after 3 days (!)

by Graybeard
by LucyLou
by LucyLou
by Brz
by Brz
Vintage: Joop! - Homme 125ml EDT (1.Version)
by Ninina
by Ninina
by Hndrk
by Hndrk
by Vawallpa
by Vawallpa
by YKem
by YKem
Vintage: Joop! - Homme 75ml EDT Splash,erste Version (silberne Kornblume)
by Keppy
by Keppy
by Elqwerty
by Elqwerty
by Stallone86
by Stallone86
Vintage: Joop! - Homme 75ml EDT (1. Version)
by Sunnyiland
by Citrusman
by Citrusman
by KleinerPrinz
by KleinerPrinz
Vintage: Joop! Homme 30ml EDT (1. Reformulierung)
by SweetApricot
by Pharaoh
by XDiable
by XDiable

Popular Joop!

Nuit d'été (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! What About Adam (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Joop! Homme Absolute by Joop! Wow! for Men (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Joop! Berlin (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Le Bain (Eau de Parfum) by Joop! Nightflight (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Joop! Femme (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Wow! for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Nuit d'été (Parfum) by Joop! Joop! Go by Joop! Joop! Jump (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Joop! Thrill Man by Joop! Wow! for Women (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Joop! Le Bain Soft Moments by Joop! Joop! Homme Wild by Joop! Rococo for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Joop! Homme Ice by Joop! All About Eve (Eau de Parfum) by Joop! Wow! for Women (Eau de Toilette) by Joop!