Joop! Homme 1989Eau de Toilette

Joop! Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Joop!
Bottle Design Peter Schmidt, Lutz Herrmann
Joop! Homme (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Joop! for men and was released in 1989. The scent is sweet-oriental. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Coty.

Michel Almairac

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Mandarin orange, Orange blossom, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesHeliotrope, Jasmine, Lily-of-the-valley, Cinnamon
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Sandalwood, Tonka bean, Vanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 24.11.2020.

ApiciusApicius 9 years ago

„The Classic Red”

Every decade has its own perfumes that reflect lifestyle and zeitgeist. If this really is the case with a fragrance, then it is beyond fashion. Joop! Homme was released...
SherapopSherapop 8 years ago

„Good longevity is good. Nuclear longevity?”

Every few months I make the same mistake. While on a trip to either Whole Foods or Trader Joe's, I stop by TJMaxx and take a gander at the perfume...
Miieenchen
This scent reminds me of my brother for all eternity
I remember today, my brother was all dressed up... for the 90s. That means Carlo Colucci sweater, Diesel or his favorite Picaldi - pants, white Nikesocken into which he has then put the pants and his great Air Max 1 .... He was felt 3 hours in the bathroom, his hair was done and sat 1 A: and then he reached into the cupboard and there he stood: The pink slightly globby flacon ... with the inscription Joop Homme... and then it was time, he sprayed the scent, and it was like an explosion... He sprayed such a quantity... that he never gets out of my nose until today...
He loved this noble fragrance, hot and intimate, and from that moment on I always had the right gift for him ... But as life sometimes plays out, our ways have unfortunately separated and we are unfortunately quarrelled and do not even talk to each other anymore... but sometimes, when I smell this fragrance, I hope or wish that it is my brother, who is standing right there behind me and we forget everything and start all over again, and take each other in our arms and think back to the good times .... My brother has left my life, but this fragrance will stay forever ...❤️
Joop! My dear Joop!
Recently, I have recalled the classic Joop! for men.
Nothing has really changed in how much I appreciate this fragrance
Because it was this Joop!, I knew the fragrance from back then, but the name had long since slipped my mind, and it really got me going again, to explore perfumes more intensely again, to dig up memories and also to tackle new generations of fragrances.
At some point I saw the in my recommendations, different provider pages opened, briefly thought, then simply not thought at all, bought.
Inclusion in the category of Oriental. Can be interesting then.

And it was.

Already with the first application memories came back. The '80s. Big city. Pedestrian zone. It's raining right now. The asphalt, cobblestone pavement, develops a fragrant life of its own. Some ladies' make-up smells waft over to me. It smells like a snack bar on every corner. Pizza. Currywurst. And in my hand, an ice cream cone with two scoops of my cult ice cream: Angel Blue. It's a hotchpotch of smells And in the middle of it all, there is a syrupy, slightly fruity, somewhat powdery, distinctive, yet charming smell. The joop for the gentleman.

With this perfume, it was like some music snippets that still wander around in my head, but even after years of brooding do not reveal any further details. There's something. But what only?
Anyone else know this? You want to remember, but everything goes on strike and refuses to testify
But then I finally had that smell again. I even perceived the sandalwood somehow so strongly that I didn't know if you can get a charge for causing public nuisance with just one spray. I have to say that although I already had other scents with sandalwood in the base, this is also a classic component, but I did not know anymore that it was/is used so strongly here. That was almost too much Meanwhile, I take the sandalwood again rather enigmatic and as was very pleasant. The cardamom may finally play with my olfactory senses again. Such a rogue.
However, it took several test runs before I wanted to go outside with it again.

Now one knows what a hammer the scent had already been at that time. And even today, despite all reformulations, it is still an absolute force.
Already the beginning with its orange blossom, tangerine, bergamot and lemon. Followed by floral chords and cardamom. Then it goes into the undergrowth, pleasantly sweet, slightly smoky, with nestled vanilla.

Also with the current price I am more than surprised. Even if there are other fragrances that demand my attention, this one will not be forgotten. If there is a buzzing of unwillingness in my head again - Joop will fix it without any problems.
Joop Homme is a fragrance that also goes for me always and everywhere. You don't have to hide for that. Where other brands were a bit more shy, Joop simply gave the perfume market a good smack. And rightly so.

Fragrances like the real thing have not always been there. A market had to be created. Others then followed on quiet soles. But Joop's brave young man already marched intrepidly into the future.
Even in comparison with modern EDPs, which I really like to wear myself, this guy still performs great. For an EDT. In spite of reformulations!

I would love to relive the big city hustle and bustle of the 80s. With all its urban scents.
Joop is and remains a fragrance for intrepid time travelers, young and young-at-heart, freethinkers, and simply for all those who like a bit of a hearty meal. No matter what time of day, whistle on the sesson, whether for a meeting with the "upper floor", a private evening or a date with an option for couple formation. DER always goes.

Remark: The same applies in many respects to the fragrance twin, even if it can't even remember the 80's, which I discovered by chance, but which I also appreciate. Almost like Joop, but a bit different. But I wanted to save the main writing for the Joop, the Urpsrung, until I got my head free enough. Because in the end only the Joop is THE Joop. ;-)

MfG
TheOrange78
Sk95
One of the best existing fragrances
First of all, like JuicyG, this is my first comment on a fragrance. About Joop! Homme can say a lot. But you don't have to say much about him, he is one of the most successful fragrances (in my opinion) that ever existed and probably it will exist for quite some time. It polarizes, of course, but if that weren't the case, it probably wouldn't get as much attention or "cause a stir", would it? You can smell him quite often, mostly in young men and mostly overdosed, no matter in which situation, but I don't think THAT should lower his ratings. It is ideal for partying and in the cold season, well dosed, it is also suitable for everyday use. If you don't know the fragrance yet or know it but don't want to wear it to avoid being pigeonholed, I recommend to give it a chance anyway. Joop! homme is just like for example One Million an awesome scent, but unfortunately his image had to suffer from all the (mostly young) men who A don't know how to dose this atomic bomb and B in which situation you should fire it (bad metaphor, I know). I wear it every now and then because I find it horny and I feel comfortable with it, I checked.... if half the world wears it.
In conclusion, I can say that it is a real pity that this has been reformulated. With my mid-20s I only know the current Homme of course, but I got a sample of the vintage version sent to me and it felt like a week stuck to me. Thanks for the attention
Josef33
No scent has ever lifted so long
No scent has lifted for so long, when I took the sweater out of the closet a week later the scent was still clearly perceptible, even though it is only one Edt However, I must note that I still have an old bottle on the year 2008 or 2009.
The fragrance itself is sweet and fruity, just right for me, not too sweet but sweet enough for lovers of sweet scents.
The smell of my youth
For a long time I thought about who I should give my first comment and I was about to write it to Santal 33 but it must be to this legend. I owe it to her !

But first of all a short info about me: I don't have a super nose like some others and often only smell an overall picture of a fragrance, at least until recently, because since I am intensively engaged in perfume I think that my nose is "trained" and I slowly get to the bottom of single fragrance components. Besides, I am not a good writer, but everyone can judge that for himself.

But let's finally get to the legend!

It all started when I was about 13 or 14, an acquaintance of my parents had the good Homme! as a signature and so my parents had the idea that it could also suit me.
So I receive this beautifully wrapped gift and tear it open: "Oh, perfume but pink? That looks pretty gay".
Pardon my language, I respect every possible sexuality and accept every human being no matter how he or she is oriented.
But at the age of 13, as a teenager, a good 17 years ago, the world looked even different, or rather more unenlightened
Well, despite all my doubts about the color, I press the button and spray myself with 7 sprays (the only "perfume" I had until then was Axe aftershave and unsuspectingly I assumed that every fragrance has this strength)
I was quickly taught a better lesson and was hypnotized by the power of this pink eau de toilette and on top of that he smelled "soooooo good" The sweetness, the fruitiness, this individuality wow nobody smells like that, nobody! From my friends and especially from girls that I found cute, I have received many compliments and so it took its course that the fragrance has accompanied me as a signature until I was 23 years old. Wow what a time
But I don't want to go into all that in more detail now and would like to talk about the fragrance as a would-be perfume expert:

Durability at that time a good 10 hours of clothing until the next wash. Today on my skin 6-7.
Sillage and projection I never measured but my only competitors in clubs were Le Male and sometime towards the end One Million, we 3 were the Kings .
Today I can judge that badly, have the smell but once when I was a holiday worker at VW, at an older work colleague perceived the forklift truck has driven, every time he is through the corridors boarded, the whole hall has smelled of the left water.

I do not smell bergamot at all, but tangerine and lily of the valley, cinnamon I take only minimal. Tonka dominates the vanilla. I don't know how fresh heliotrope smells, but that must be the component that makes Homme! his Homme! Flavor gives and yes it is extreme I cannot say much about the course of the fragrance, but my nose is still too inexperienced or untrained. It smells for me from the opening to the dry-down actually completely the same.

I have loved him, but unfortunately I can no longer smell him, I am simply full. Nevertheless he is a legend for me If you're 16-18 and don't know the scent, then snap to it, blind Your affairs will love him
So dear community, I close my first comment and hope you will keep all spelling mistakes. All beginnings are hard and practice makes perfect as hopefully with my nose
GivenchyPi
First synthetic, then more pleasant
In the opening the fragrance smells enormously sweet, floral and very synthetic, dull fruity. The combination of floral components and tangerine (thought to be orange) almost seems berry. Of course, you can also smell some woody nuances and above all tonka bean and vanilla throughout.
In my case the opening is much too sweet and pushy.

But as the fruity and floral nuances that bother me disappear, the fragrance unfolds in a rather pleasant direction. Tonka bean, vanilla in combination with something woody can be smelled out.

In short: the opening is too synthetic for me, but afterwards the fragrance develops surprisingly well.
Unexpectedly sweet
In our mirror cabinet a few specimens have accumulated lately, which often receive far too little attention. Such as a pink shining ampoule of Joop Homme. The colour of the liquid already suggests that it is not a 0815 men's fragrance and surprises shortly after application with a veritable wave of sweetish sticky aromas. I didn't expect that. It is difficult at first to identify individual scents. This changes with time as soon as the first gummy bear wave has gone and the fragrance takes on a pleasantly warm-smelling form. Vanilla is clearly visible, besides the fruity aromas in a healthy measure. The cinnamon note provides a slight spiciness, a slightly woody note gives the whole the seriousness that was initially missed. Only after hours does the fragrance unfold some notes that are slightly reminiscent of freshly washed laundry. The durability is very good, but the fragrance only unfolds its full potential with time, which is a pity. The synthetic sweetness can certainly be counteracted with the right dosage. The fragrance is an interesting unisex scent, but it should not be bought blind. However, it deserves a chance as a stimulant in the coming autumn days

Rquill67
Reformulated but still a love for me...
I owned this one in 1989 and just picked up a new bottle in 2020. As we all know this has definitely been reformulated and while it is still has great projection and performance it’s lighter and airier than it once was. If I can recall in 1989 it was definitely sweet, spicy and floral but deeper and darker. I didn’t know anything about fragrances in 1989 and wish I kept, what would have been a vintage bottle, by now. I’m super happy I picked up a bottle of Joop! Homme in 2020; and will definitely purchase again when this bottle runs out. I still love this fragrance. This fragrance has a ton of reviews on Fragrantica. I’m not sure what some of the hate is about for this fragrance. I get a cinnamon, vanilla and floral bomb with a hint of cherry. Super nice and a 9 / 10 for me!
A biting legend
What more can one say about this scent? It was in the early 90's a fragrance that everyone knew. And to be honest, everyone loved to smell it. If you wore it you could be followed for tens of meters. Today there are tracking devices and navigation systems. A sweet woody scent with an unbeatable durability and sillage. Surely it is getting on in years. But is it really as bad as it is being made here in a big way?
If it is no longer produced after more than 20 years, we will miss it. A sweet smell that almost kills you But he is still a legend in the world of perfume, like Davidoff Cool Water or Chanel Egoiste, to name but a few.
I'm not gonna buy it anymore either. But as far as durability and silage are concerned, many top perfumes of today can take an example. Joop Homme you Red Gun, you'll always be a legend! One way or another.
Sunnyiland
It flew at that time for whatever reason under my radar and was only now discovered by me.
The scent is really insanely beautiful to me. I perceive it as a beautiful sweet, powdery gourmand scent, which somehow magically attracts me. Anyway, I can hardly get my nose off my wrist and not this one, because it is so sweet and sticks to it ;o)
The shelf life is over 8 hours for me.

I love a lot of scents from the 80s anyway and I just wonder where I was in that time?
Why didn't I run into him in the '89 or '90s?
OK, a men's fragrance and my husband was not a fan of perfume then or now. And I was probably blind and fogged in with moments and co.

A manufacturer's sample of Flac... seduced me into a buying frenzy last weekend. The bunker-busters will make my cabinets explode. I can't believe how unreasonable I was again And in the process, I have so decimated my wish list, because I have enough scents anyway. But it has to come in, no matter what, and who knows how long it'll be around.
The scent is apparently everywhere cheaply knocked out. Price reduction of 20 to 60% no matter where you look
I have struck mercilessly and I am glad and happy to have got hold of such a beautiful fragrance now at such a good price. Exactly my prey scheme ;o)

Even if according to the pre-commentaries the vintage is supposed to be much better. I also like this one,
and I hope only the specimens I ordered are identical to the sample I had, if they were even stronger it would be OK too, but please nothing less of the radiance ;o))

SibaritaSibarita 1 month ago
A strong, sweet fragrance with a particular aroma. In the correct dose it generates a pleasant bubble that does not go unnoticed.
TeleraTelera 2 months ago
Teniendo en cuenta que es EDT tiene bastante potencia, luego el sillage disminuye convirtiendose en una estela de medio metro o menos.
NGL7NGL7 3 months ago
Nostalgia in a bottle. To me it's like last day of summer "Bye bye, Hollywood Hills[...]
I'm gonna come back to walk these streets again"
Aquarius1Aquarius1 5 months ago
3.5
Comments vary from 'you smell great' to 'you reek of withering flowers'. Rude, but inclined to agree, I get a similar vibe from it.
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 1 year ago
A floral scent tagged for men is always a Risk but this one has had a good ending: It is hip after 30 years! Synthetic? A lot, but nice...
Hoban27Hoban27 1 year ago
The patchouli note here is just OMG!! rich vibe great scent even if performance after reformulation lighter but still kinda okay.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 2 years ago
fruity-flowery and a little bit alcoholic opening and warm -sweet base. It's a pleasant scent wearable by a woman too. Quite good sillage.
ElqwertyElqwerty 2 years ago
This scent is for the one who really likes sweet perfumes. The performance is frightening, I still smell this on my clothes after 3 days (!)
Mike1337Mike1337 2 years ago
Very sweet floral scent morphing into slightly musky
KLewisKLewis 2 years ago
It's a love or hate fragrance. To me, the floral notes come across as very synthetic and the overall scent is overly sweet.

by Graybeard
by LucyLou
by LucyLou
by Brz
by Brz
Vintage: Joop! - Homme 125ml EDT (1.Version)
by Ninina
by Ninina
by Hndrk
by Hndrk
by Vawallpa
by Vawallpa
by YKem
by YKem
Vintage: Joop! - Homme 75ml EDT Splash,erste Version (silberne Kornblume)
by Keppy
by Keppy
by Parfummaster
2018 Version und die allererste Version in 1A erhaltener Qualität. Woow. Ich war 10 Jahre alt und es war mein erster Duft den ich gerochen  und geliebt habe. Und immer noch.
by Dawg
by Elqwerty
by Elqwerty
Vintage: Joop! - Homme 75ml EDT (1. Version)
by Sunnyiland
by Citrusman
by Citrusman
by KleinerPrinz
by KleinerPrinz
Vintage: Joop! Homme 30ml EDT (1. Reformulierung)
by SweetApricot
by Pharaoh
by XDiable
by XDiable

Popular Joop!

Nuit d'été (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! What About Adam (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Joop! Homme Absolute by Joop! Berlin (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Wow! for Men (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Joop! Nuit d'été (Parfum) by Joop! Le Bain (Eau de Parfum) by Joop! Nightflight (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Joop! Femme (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Wow! for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Joop! Go by Joop! Joop! Jump (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Joop! Thrill Man by Joop! Rococo for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Joop! Homme Wild by Joop! Le Bain Soft Moments by Joop! All About Eve (Eau de Parfum) by Joop! Wow! for Women (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Joop! Joop! Homme Ice by Joop! Rococo (Eau de Parfum) by Joop!