Joop! Homme 1989 Eau de Toilette

Joop! Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Joop!
Bottle Design Peter Schmidt, Lutz Herrmann
Joop! Homme (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Joop! for men and was released in 1989. The scent is sweet-oriental. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Coty.

Michel Almairac

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot
Mandarin orangeMandarin orange
Orange blossomOrange blossom
LemonLemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesHeliotropeHeliotrope
JasmineJasmine
Lily of the valleyLily of the valley
CinnamonCinnamon
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouliPatchouli
SandalwoodSandalwood
Tonka beanTonka bean
VanillaVanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 29.07.2021.

ApiciusApicius 9 years ago

„The Classic Red”

Every decade has its own perfumes that reflect lifestyle and zeitgeist. If this really is the case with a fragrance, then it is beyond fashion. Joop! Homme was released...
SherapopSherapop 8 years ago

„Good longevity is good. Nuclear longevity?”

Every few months I make the same mistake. While on a trip to either Whole Foods or Trader Joe's, I stop by TJMaxx and take a gander at the perfume...
Maxxeretro
Either my nose is bothering me or my skin is?!
I have once again browsed on my favorite perfume site and then came across an offer by Joop! Homme.

The bottle looked at first glance already a little modest and made also at second glance nothing here, but the consistently positive reviews let me read the description with interest.
200 ML for 27.50 € and well over 190 positive reviews let me overlook the appearance and order directly.

A fatal error as it should turn out later.

I must admit I could hardly wait that the DHL messenger rang with me, full of anticipation of this snapper.
Yesterday it was so far, he rang, immediately unpacked, third look in natura. Flacon still just as modest as on the pictures on the Internet. Lid off, first spray. Crass sweetness, thought me cool, you can do times in the disco on it. Definitely nothing for the office or the summer.
So I've eingedieselt me with it, not much because the sillage comes across crass.
I smelled my skin and I was really sick. The places smelled like a mixture of cigarette smoke and vanilla. I've never smelled anything that gross. I am a non-smoker.
The durability was unfortunately above average and I had really several hours what of this fragrance.

Can of course be related to the 1989 was smoked everywhere.
The thing goes directly tomorrow again Retoure.

For whom could the thing be what? Probably for all smokers who smell eh no quartz.
In general, the scent comes to me rather artificial / synthetic over.
1.5
The sugary headache
It was once again time for a blind purchase. A well-known wholesaler had advertised the 200ml bottle for an unbeatable price of 27.50 EUR. Ratings and reviews read, found good - so go.

Arrived the first perfume puff in the air - yummy, leeeecker, leeeeeeeecker. Then the usual dose on all body parts (with such strong fragrance 1x neck + 1x wrists).
It surrounded me a warm, sensual, EROTIC sillage. An insanely great fragrance development.

... 1.5 hours later: it plagued me the headache, it surrounded me an insanely (much too) sweet sillage. But it was just not bearable.
This was just too much much much much much of a good thing for me. P/L maybe okay. But I for me have decided this fragrance never again to wear on the skin. It was just awful. Who likes this sweet and who is not so prone to headaches - strike.
Joop Homme! - My first perfume
I bought this perfume for the first time when I was 17. Before that I didn't really have any experience with perfumes, although I have used some and loved good scents.

The Joop! Homme met me at that time at Karstadt, I think it was 200ml for 50€.

- How did I like it?

The fragrance and the note I liked right away, the intense sweetness and the enveloping sillage as well as the classic, eye-catching bottle and the good price were just top!

Yes, it is "only" an eau de toilette, but for that at the beginning quite intense.

After a certain time, especially in the summer he is weaker and to an expensive perfume he comes of course not ran. For me personally, he unfortunately passes too quickly in the summer, I will buy him but possibly still times in winter.

The price is of course very good if you buy it reduced. Just he costs, for example, 37.49 € at 200ml! An unbeatable price-performance ratio.
Parfumhero
Simply a sensational fragrance!

Yes... Man knows him. THE pink candy jelly.

Man just really smells like a candy factory from the 90s, but I love it. I can not do without the scent - Is just so. Why? First, because of the fragrance. As already said, who wears this fragrance smells just (literally) to bite good. However, what I love most is the infinite longevity, the extreme strength of this scent and the constant recurring presence. Heavenly, divine, nostalgic! Few fragrances have this much power. I can smell this one from easily 5 meters away, and still weeks later on my clothes. It gets even better in winter, when it really comes across as amazing. Price-performance ratio is more than top. I would seriously pay five times as much for this scent, no problem. I'm in love with this pink broth.... Hammer part!

Still awesome
I presently own 4 bottles plus 1 after shave of this marvelous juice and i could buy 10 more. I have versions from 1990 to 2019 and all is well. Love the sweetness of it and for the money there is nothing better. Longevity is about 9hrs b4 i need to reapply but i think that's great for a scent under $20. Hasn't really changed much since inception except the color being a little more pink. Anyway it's a beautiful scent that takes me back to my youth. I love powerhouse frags from the 70s 80s and 90s. Perfumers today should take a page out of Joops book.
Back to the Roots
After years I have a sample of one of my 90s fragrances back on me and I have to say, I still like it.
I have the original version no longer in exact memory, but I mean, there is something stuck. Maybe I find here times a still good and price-acceptable Oldi from the early years.
This Joop-Schlechthin fragrance is actually a perennial, which I think you can wear all year round. Well, not necessarily in the midday heat in high summer, but in the evening it always goes.
Pleasant sweetness and a slight moisture and spiciness.
Price performance absolutely recommendable.
Scheelinho
The lovely... well maybe rather sweet-sticky classic
The last few days I have very strongly flirted with it, me for outrageously little money, for which there is Joop Homme now online, a bottle to buy and this as a classic beautiful next to Cool Water to place on my closet. I was very pleased, of course, when I got fragrance mail from a dear user and this me as a surprise still a small filling of Joop! Homme enclosed.

I then sprayed the fragrance directly and within seconds the entire room smelled like classic Joop. I'm still really blown away by how much durability and sillage you can get for so little money. To be honest, the strong sweetness (after much more he smells namely not) now not positive around, but a bad fragrance he really is not.

I think, therefore, that the evaluation here on Parfumo comes pretty good and would sign that so. I would recommend the fragrance for young people who do not spend much money, but want to be smelled.
Nostalgia
I'm posting an update to my old comment. Almost exactly 10 years ago I wrote an amateurish comment about this fragrance. After 10 years, an update on this beautiful classic that I still like very much. A fragrance that is very familiar to me, as I loved wearing it in my early 20s. Bruno Banani Man, Armani Code, Joop Homme and Cerruti 1881 were my favorites and old memories often come up when I smell these scents. Of course, typical bestsellers, which one wears after years of experience rather less. That one would like to smell more individual should not diminish these fragrances but.

Meanwhile 32 years old the fragrance and yet he smells modern, timeless and very sensual. For sure he has already had some reformulations, to which I can not say too much. I wore it 10 years ago and I also still have a very current bottle here. The current blend still smells very high quality and long lasting, which is not a given with many classics. It has stayed true to its origins: sexy, offensive, flirty, good-humored, headstrong and simply a fragrance you recognize immediately. Definitely a polarizing fragrance that you usually love or hate. No wonder, since he goes all out. Brachial also in the sillage and screams: Here I am! In addition, this eye-catching pink bottle. Catches the eye.
A fragrance description I save me. Pretty much everyone who is registered here knows this fragrance. Who does not know him by name, he has smelled at least once in a crowd. Especially in Germany one of THE classics. Bestsellers of course have a hard time on a fragrance platform like this. Also in the last years this classic was sold off in a grabbeltable manner. 200ml(!) for roundabout 30 Euro. No advantage to be unique. I have also moved away from this one. As a rule, I don't like to wear bestsellers. Not anymore. Not necessarily just niche, but bestsellers don't really fit my style and attitude.
Objectively for me, a perfect fragrance that I would definitely wear more often if this was unknown. He has that certain something. A very multi-faceted and well-coordinated fragrance with a pleasant sweetness. It goes down well and performs really well. Too good in many situations, which worsens with overdosing. However, the blame is not the fragrance, but the carriers which often seem very proletarian.
About 10 years ago, I also wore it in the summer. Nowadays there are definitv clearly better alternatives. Even if he is categorized in the diagram rather as an autumn / winter fragrance I would call him a year-round fragrance. There is something about it that puts you in a good mood. At least for me. With people who do not like the at all probably rather less. Only in hot and humid temperatures 0.0 suitable. Can work overdosed really bad.

I have it me as nostalgia reasons again zugelegt for this price. A fragrance that I like to wear for myself or in a small environment because it's just a beautiful scent. Outside the house or as a statement fragrance but no longer an alternative for me. Objectively speaking, many bestsellers cut off too bad here.
Who has no problem to smell like one of many has also made a great choice. Many like it, but the DNA is too well known to really knock people off their feet.

The Phoenix - Out of the Ashes

The somewhat different Joop Homme homage.

I now believe I have found my personal fragrance renaissance...
... well, with some youthful support from the same house.

When I tried the new Joop Ice in the perfumery a few weeks ago, I was initially a little taken aback by the unusual freshness, however, a certain pointed blumminess in the course did not want to sympathize with my taste so properly.

Something further looking around I grabbed then again this and that, because actually it was certain that I needed again Joop Wild Homme in the 125 ml bottle urgently.

Dreamy I then again quickly grabbed the classic, His undisputed majesty of men's fragrances, the:
Pink classic Joop Homme

and uuuuhps... , quite by mistake I sprayed it on the same place as the previous Joop Ice. Such a fauxpas but also!
The perfumery again leaving, I went me now home, happily over my supply of Joop Wild Homme and an unusual fascinating breath hovered around me, in a way, as I had not experienced it since my youth, something that I no longer let go, so that I had to sniff constantly unconsciously at the double sprayed arm.
A truly terrific combination!
No! More like a brilliant fusion that had taken place!

I was so fascinated that I promptly reordered both fragrances in the 125 ml filling and now consume for days as if paralyzed this fragrance, so the mixture of classic Joop Homme and the new Joop Ice.

These two fragrances have the same DNA and are probably unintentionally so affinity to each other that it seems almost miraculous.

Joop Ice alone can not really convince me, but the combination 1:1 of both fragrances, sprayed directly on top of each other tears me absolutely from the stool.
Worse still, this combination seems to make me addicted little by little, I just can not let my nose more of it.
Joop Homme

A classic fragrance that even after plenty of 30 years can still come up with surprises. I am absolutely amazed!

Hate Love
I have worn this fragrance the first time in my youth then he was so strong that you got a headache from the scent. I have not bought since then and did not like the scent afterwards at all. Even when someone else wore it I couldn't smell it. Today I have the fragrance in my collection after I smelled a sample of it I liked it again which is really weird. Nevertheless, the scent still lasts a long time and you should not dose too much of it because it is still strong

Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 2 months ago
Synthetic raspberry syrup with vanilla and floral/almond nouances. Very potent, it gets on my nerves pretty quite
PedroCabralPedroCabral 3 months ago
A contrasting fragrance that combines the freshness of citruses with sensual accords of spices, vanilla and wood. Tailored for engaging men.
CaspikaarCaspikaar 4 months ago
This stuff is so average on my skin. Doesn’t perform very well either. It’s cheap in every way.
SibaritaSibarita 9 months ago
A strong, sweet fragrance with a particular aroma. In the correct dose it generates a pleasant bubble that does not go unnoticed.
TeleraTelera 11 months ago
Teniendo en cuenta que es EDT tiene bastante potencia, luego el sillage disminuye convirtiendose en una estela de medio metro o menos.
NGL7NGL7 11 months ago
Nostalgia in a bottle. To me it's like last day of summer "Bye bye, Hollywood Hills[...]
I'm gonna come back to walk these streets again"
Aquarius1Aquarius1 1 year ago
3.5
Comments vary from 'you smell great' to 'you reek of withering flowers'. Rude, but inclined to agree, I get a similar vibe from it.
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 2 years ago
A floral scent tagged for men is always a Risk but this one has had a good ending: It is hip after 30 years! Synthetic? A lot, but nice...
Hoban27Hoban27 2 years ago
The patchouli note here is just OMG!! rich vibe great scent even if performance after reformulation lighter but still kinda okay.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 2 years ago
fruity-flowery and a little bit alcoholic opening and warm -sweet base. It's a pleasant scent wearable by a woman too. Quite good sillage.

by Graybeard
by LucyLou
by LucyLou
by Brz
by Brz
Vintage: Joop! - Homme 125ml EDT (1.Version)
by Ninina
by Ninina
by Hndrk
by Hndrk
by Vawallpa
by Vawallpa
by YKem
by YKem
Vintage: Joop! - Homme 75ml EDT Splash,erste Version (silberne Kornblume)
by Keppy
by Keppy
by Elqwerty
by Elqwerty
by KleinerPrinz
by KleinerPrinz
by Sibarita
by Sibarita
Vintage: Joop! - Homme 75ml EDT (1. Version)
by Sunnyiland
by Lars92
by Lars92
by Citrusman
by Citrusman
Vintage: Joop! Homme 30ml EDT (1. Reformulierung)
by SweetApricot
by SweetApricot
by Pharaoh
by Pharaoh
by XDiable
by XDiable

Popular Joop!

Nuit d'été (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! What About Adam (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Joop! Homme Absolute by Joop! Berlin (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Le Bain (Eau de Parfum) by Joop! Nightflight (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Wow! for Men (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Joop! Joop! Femme (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Joop! Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Joop! Nuit d'été (Parfum) by Joop! Wow! for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Joop! Go by Joop! Joop! Jump (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Wow! for Women (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Joop! Joop! Thrill Man by Joop! Le Bain Soft Moments by Joop! Joop! Homme Ice by Joop! Rococo for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Joop! Homme Wild by Joop! All About Eve (Eau de Parfum) by Joop!