Joop! Homme 1989 Eau de Toilette

Joop! Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Joop!
Bottle Design Peter Schmidt, Lutz Herrmann
Joop! Homme (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Joop! for men and was released in 1989. The scent is sweet-oriental. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Coty.

Michel Almairac

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot Mandarin orangeMandarin orange Orange blossomOrange blossom LemonLemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesHeliotropeHeliotrope JasmineJasmine Lily of the valleyLily of the valley CinnamonCinnamon
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouliPatchouli SandalwoodSandalwood Tonka beanTonka bean VanillaVanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 25.05.2022.

MisskMissk 10 years ago
Oh my gosh! This fragrance is an aphrodisiac! I love its sweet tobacco-like scent and its warmth. When a man wears this it is so inviting and sexy. I...
DrseidDrseid 9 years ago
One of the worst scents I have ever smelled. Sickeningly sweet and frequently over applied. This one should be thrown in the rubbish bin on sight... Disgusting! 1 out 5 stars.

Not so good now
I had this in the early nineties. Wow. What a monster this was. Now it’s just sweet watered down junk. Why the industry has wrecked fragrances I have no clue but I sure know lots of people that have lost faith in them. For the last few years whenever I pass by the perfume counters at the mall they are always empty. Wonder why??
Joop! My Love
I tried Joop! Homme as a teenager and thought it was great. Back then, I only wore men's fragrances on the sly because I thought that as a woman, you weren't "allowed" to (thankfully, that's different today). Yesterday I tried the scent again and thought I was going to fall off my stool after first smelling it: a headache note of an overbearingly sweet and pungent potpourri that made me dread it. Could my memory have deceived me so?

After a few moments, the alcohol, which was probably responsible for the pungent accord, was gone. What remained was an enchanting blend, of which I perceived a floral tone with vanilla, patchouli and tonka bean. Now I remember why I loved Joop! Homme so much. My nose is not yet trained to the point where I can smell out individual components perfectly, but this unity of sweetness, light spice and something dark did it for me. The perfume lasts a very long time, which I especially love. I could notice it on my skin for about eight hours or even longer. For me, this is a wonderful fragrance that I find suitable for both genders. I find the sillage to be stronger than body-appealing, but not too overbearing.

For me, a great fragrance for going out in the evening, it can also be nice in everyday life. For work I would find him too intense
I'm really shocked...
One thing up front: I would love to rate this fragrance if the difference between vintage (1st Lancaster version) and today's (mid-2020 batch) was so severe....

I encountered the scent (again) a few years ago. Smelled it for the first time; immediately transported back to early youth. So brutal as with this fragrance I have NEVER experienced. Although to this day I have not been able to track down who wore it, that someone, and this scent must have played a big part in that time. A time that let me feel only positive things associated with this fragrance.
Alone for nostalgia reasons burned the fragrance in my brain, until I finally bought a bottle of it. Already there it was the Coty variant, but the comparison to the vintage version I did not know until then. I was satisfied... until the bottle flew to the floor after infrequent wear and the contents spread all over my floor.... The bathroom smelled for days afterwards....
Thus a new bottle ordered, this time of 2020... somehow packts me no longer... everything so brutally synthetic, the floral accords stand out immensely, the sweetness was also no longer how I once perceived it... maybe it's my nose, maybe it was reformulated again? Longevity and sillage - although still good - not so strong anymore... or am I about smell-blind become?

By chance here in the Souk (thanks again) a full Vintage Cornflower--Version get.
What can I say?

I could have cried... I was overwhelmed... Shit, YAAAA!!! THIS is it!!! More present than ever before! So brutally full-bodied, the finest cherry juice that lingers for hours. What I consider subtle vanilla, finely integrated floral accords (where is this synthetic crap coming from in the current release, which was skillfully and only subtly used in the Vintage?) and on the subtle wood note, which increases a bit towards the end. Funnily enough, the sandalwood comes on strong with my elbows, and how should it be otherwise; never as pungent and synthetic as in the current version.
Just everything much more elegant... Would pass today in my opinion as a niche fragrance!

Sillage and durability in this version really a beast. Is loved by my girlfriend. I think you mentioned in the first hour every 5 minutes, how good I would smell yet (when she tried the current variant at home, she said it would be a completely different fragrance!)
The presence lingers for several hours, which is extreme for my skin. Even after a good 24h, you can still smell it skin deep.

I can understand why today's version is hated by some.... but how on earth could one not love this vintage version!? While so on the nose, it's also so awesome!
Funnily enough, I personally think today's version smells much more vintage than this one I just described....

What have they done to you!!!

I have to confess, though: If you do not know the vintage version, the current is still quite ok. Nevertheless, I can now with direct comparison no longer give an assessment, because it is no longer the same fragrance in my opinion...

Long speech, short sense: Current version quite ok, but more also not... Too bad about this magical masterpiece!

German power !!!!
In its small, easy-to-carry bottle is rare, sweet, sour, sensual and deep scents.
This fragrance for men by Joop brings together jasmine and honeysuckle which it mixes with cinnamon and vetiver, to spice it up and, because our men's skin calls for heady fragrances, Joop has introduced musk and vanilla, the amber and patchouli to make it an oriental that will appeal to browns and bring spice to blond skins.
A great classic "goes everywhere" if there is one.
Have felt this synthetic side, kinda Germanic nightclub...
To give you an idea, it smells of grenadine and furniture polish...
Do not be too heavy a hand, otherwise you will be disgusted.
The longevity and sillage are awesome, especially on clothes.
This Joop is not very complicated, we like it or hate it...
Conclusion: This perfume requires time to adapt so as not to sink to the bottom of your collection.
But once tamed, it will enchant you... or not.
My rating: 8/10
PapaDennis
Timeless sweetness to fall in love with
Like some of the previous speakers, I can also say: one of my first perfumes.

I had this fragrance already 4-5 times in the household, the first 3 times I was still very young, about 15-17 miss that have been so.
I loved the fragrance!!!

Then in younger adulthood I had the scent again...I liked it as usual, but after a while I got tired of it.
Sick of the sweetness, sick of the sillage, sick of Joop! Homme Eau de Toilette

While browsing for a new fragrance, it caught my eye again...
The bright pink worked directly so enchanting on me, memories came up...I had to have it again!

No sooner said than done.
3 days later, the fragrance is now once again in my collection. Freshly showered, I have to put it on....

What can I say?
It hits another old love! The sweet floral scent, yet a little biting, but pleasant.
I'm floating on a pink cloud.

Years after last using it, I still like this scent so much!!!

The durability above average.
The sillage above average.
The fragrance as such, as I said, for me an old love yet always belongs in my closet.

Price performance speak for themselves here.

I would like this fragrance I think no longer from my closet away think, I ask myself anyway... why he was missing me so long?
LX94
There was a spark after all
The Joop! Homme I got for Christmas in 2019 from mother as a gift and had also been one of my first perfumes. The fragrance was completely unknown to me until then, as I was not at all concerned with perfumes at the time.

Admittedly, the magenta (or pink) packaging and the same-colored content have irritated me and also skeptical. Since I knew until that time only "blue" fragrances such as the Dylan Blue or Cool Water and have worn, I could not imagine what the "pink" fragrance has to offer and have thereby strongly assumed an extremely sweet fragrance.

After the first spray on the surface of my hand, I knew right away that I would unfortunately not like the Joop! Homme. "Rose petals, jasmine flowers and old man scent". These were my first thoughts about the scent, which I immediately put back in the packaging and set aside far away. Even during the rest of the day and the next few hours, the scent failed to convince me, so I didn't spray it again or take the bottle out of the packaging.

Yesterday is the Joop! Homme while sorting my closet, me again stepped in front of the eyes. The forgotten flacon I have excitedly taken out of the packaging again, removed the lid and sniffed at the spray head. There it was again. The association at the time of fresh rose and jasmine blossoms and older gentlemen dressed in fine suits.

Since I wanted to spend the rest of the day at home anyway, it offered itself to test the fragrance again on my skin. Sprayed along my arm, I noticed something. Oddly enough, the rose scent, which I remembered as being penetrating, immediately had a calming effect on me. After a few minutes, I actually began to take a liking to the scent, something I thought impossible two years ago. Even hours later, I could not stop sniffing now and then on the arm, whereby I became quite well around the heart.

Unlike immediately after the spray, can be perceived in the later course vanilla and a hint of sandalwood. Components that I could not perceive two years ago, but I would certainly have liked very much. In conjunction with the roses, which are now no longer as dominant as at the beginning, it is now a very feel-good, cuddly and perhaps even seductive fragrance has become, which tunes me nostalgic for another time.

I look forward to testing the fragrance in the coming days away from home and hope that I have rediscovered with the Joop! Homme a fragrance that will accompany me by its soothing and feel-good nature, by the upcoming cold and dark winter.

I wonder why I found the scent so awful a few years ago. I honestly can not understand it. Perhaps fragrances need time to develop and mature over the years.

I mentioned that the scent makes me nostalgic for another time. Just now I see that the fragrance was released back in 1989, which makes me feel like I've stepped back in time . The 90's in Miami, flamingos, nightclubs, retro light fonts, cigar smoke and lots of eroticism. This time or the scene, I have never experienced, but that's what I imagine figuratively under the Joop! Homme.

Conclusion: A feel-good, cuddly and seductive fragrance, which has definitely earned a second chance with initial displeasure and can be good for a surprise.
Maxxeretro
Either my nose is bothering me or my skin is?!
I have once again browsed on my favorite perfume site and then came across an offer by Joop! Homme.

The bottle looked at first glance already a little modest and made also at second glance nothing here, but the consistently positive reviews let me read the description with interest.
200 ML for 27.50 € and well over 190 positive reviews let me overlook the appearance and order directly.

A fatal error as it should turn out later.

I must admit I could hardly wait that the DHL messenger rang with me, full of anticipation of this snapper.
Yesterday it was so far, he rang, immediately unpacked, third look in natura. Flacon still just as modest as on the pictures on the Internet. Lid off, first spray. Crass sweetness, thought me cool, you can do times in the disco on it. Definitely nothing for the office or the summer.
So I've eingedieselt me with it, not much because the sillage comes across crass.
I smelled my skin and I was really sick. The places smelled like a mixture of cigarette smoke and vanilla. I've never smelled anything that gross. I am a non-smoker.
The durability was unfortunately above average and I had really several hours what of this fragrance.

Can of course be related to the 1989 was smoked everywhere.
The thing goes directly tomorrow again Retoure.

For whom could the thing be what? Probably for all smokers who smell eh no quartz.
In general, the scent comes to me rather artificial / synthetic over.
1.5
The sugary headache
It was once again time for a blind purchase. A well-known wholesaler had advertised the 200ml bottle for an unbeatable price of 27.50 EUR. Ratings and reviews read, found good - so go.

Arrived the first perfume puff in the air - yummy, leeeecker, leeeeeeeecker. Then the usual dose on all body parts (with such strong fragrance 1x neck + 1x wrists).
It surrounded me a warm, sensual, EROTIC sillage. An insanely great fragrance development.

... 1.5 hours later: it plagued me the headache, it surrounded me an insanely (much too) sweet sillage. But it was just not bearable.
This was just too much much much much much of a good thing for me. P/L maybe okay. But I for me have decided this fragrance never again to wear on the skin. It was just awful. Who likes this sweet and who is not so prone to headaches - strike.
Joop Homme! - My first perfume
I bought this perfume for the first time when I was 17. Before that I didn't really have any experience with perfumes, although I have used some and loved good scents.

The Joop! Homme met me at that time at Karstadt, I think it was 200ml for 50€.

- How did I like it?

The fragrance and the note I liked right away, the intense sweetness and the enveloping sillage as well as the classic, eye-catching bottle and the good price were just top!

Yes, it is "only" an eau de toilette, but for that at the beginning quite intense.

After a certain time, especially in the summer he is weaker and to an expensive perfume he comes of course not ran. For me personally, he unfortunately passes too quickly in the summer, I will buy him but possibly still times in winter.

The price is of course very good if you buy it reduced. Just he costs, for example, 37.49 € at 200ml! An unbeatable price-performance ratio.
Parfumhero
Simply a sensational fragrance!

Yes... Man knows him. THE pink candy jelly.

Man just really smells like a candy factory from the 90s, but I love it. I can not do without the scent - Is just so. Why? First, because of the fragrance. As already said, who wears this fragrance smells just (literally) to bite good. However, what I love most is the infinite longevity, the extreme strength of this scent and the constant recurring presence. Heavenly, divine, nostalgic! Few fragrances have this much power. I can smell this one from easily 5 meters away, and still weeks later on my clothes. It gets even better in winter, when it really comes across as amazing. Price-performance ratio is more than top. I would seriously pay five times as much for this scent, no problem. I'm in love with this pink broth.... Hammer part!

TheBloffTheBloff 2 days ago
Extremely sweet in-your-face nuclear projecting explosion of a fragrance that will make you question if it will ever wash off.
ChicoRoch1ChicoRoch1 7 days ago
A head turning nuclear sized fragrance. I love it
HanyolabyHanyolaby 5 months ago
Worth every penny

I still smell it on my skin after 20 hours

The spicy smell is so attractive
RobbieXRobbieX 7 months ago
A totally masculine powerful and gorgeous perfume but don't overdo it.
JMWeedJMWeed 8 months ago
Sugary berry cream scent that jumps off the skin. Could be my strongest scent, 1 spray and I’m done for the day.
Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 1 year ago
Synthetic raspberry syrup with vanilla and floral/almond nouances. Very potent, it gets on my nerves pretty quite
PedroCabralPedroCabral 1 year ago
A contrasting fragrance that combines the freshness of citruses with sensual accords of spices, vanilla and wood. Tailored for engaging men.
CaspikaarCaspikaar 1 year ago
This stuff is so average on my skin. Doesn’t perform very well either. It’s cheap in every way.
SibaritaSibarita 2 years ago
A strong, sweet fragrance with a particular aroma. In the correct dose it generates a pleasant bubble that does not go unnoticed.
TeleraTelera 2 years ago
Teniendo en cuenta que es EDT tiene bastante potencia, luego el sillage disminuye convirtiendose en una estela de medio metro o menos.

by Graybeard
by LucyLou
by LucyLou
by Brz
by Brz
Vintage: Joop! - Homme 125ml EDT (1.Version)
by Ninina
by MrOllium
by MrOllium
by YKem
by YKem
Vintage: Joop! - Homme 75ml EDT Splash,erste Version (silberne Kornblume)
by Keppy
by Keppy
by Elqwerty
by Elqwerty
by KleinerPrinz
by KleinerPrinz
by Sibarita
by Sibarita
Vintage: Joop! - Homme 75ml EDT (1. Version)
by Sunnyiland
by Lars92
by Lars92
by Citrusman
by Citrusman
Vintage: Joop! Homme 30ml EDT (1. Reformulierung)
by SweetApricot
by SweetApricot
by XDiable
by XDiable

Popular by Joop!

Nuit d'été (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! What About Adam (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Joop! Homme Absolute by Joop! Joop! Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Joop! Berlin (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Nightflight (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Le Bain (Eau de Parfum) by Joop! Wow! for Men (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Joop! Joop! Femme (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Wow! for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Nuit d'été (Parfum) by Joop! Joop! Go by Joop! Joop! Jump (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Joop! Homme Ice by Joop! Joop! Thrill Man by Joop! Le Bain Soft Moments by Joop! Rococo for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Wow! for Women (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Joop! All About Eve (Eau de Parfum) by Joop! Joop! Homme Wild by Joop!