Joop! Muse (2003)

Joop! Muse by Joop!
Bottle Design Ora-Ïto

Joop! Muse is a perfume by Joop! for women and was released in 2003. The scent is floral-powdery. It was last marketed by Lancaster.

Top Notes Top NotesChampagne, Cointreau
Heart Notes Heart NotesWhite lily
Base Notes Base NotesHeliotrope, White musk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 11.10.2018.

The face of the advertising campaign is model Reka Ebergenyi, photographed by Norwegian photographer Sølve Sundsbø.

Once upon a time ...
... there was a statuesque drag artist who fell in love with a fragrance called Berlin. This was a beautiful perfume by the house of Joop! and made the statuesque beauty very very happy. When it was discontinued, she went into a decline and bought Britney Spears' Fantasy ... LOL ... God forbid!!

Muse by Joop! is fabulous. It's the 'real girl' version of Berlin, which in my world was the 'over-the-top-faux-fur-and-rhinestoned-Manolos' kinda "gal". I ADORED BERLIN ... how could I not? It was Tuberose heavy!!
Upon comparison of the notes between the two ... Heliotrope and Vanilla are the only two exactly the same. In actual fact sources reveal that Muse is concocted of Champagne and Cointreau (as stated above) deepening to a heart note of Madonna Lily and base notes of Almond, Heliotrope, Vanilla and White Musk ... and I'd lay my head on a block that I get the faintest whiff of Tuberose ... but maybe that's just wishful thinking.
I don't think I'd be wrong in saying that Muse is simply 'Berlin Light'. Cointreau is a sweet orange liqueur and could easily be responsible for the caramelized vibe inherent in Berlin being present here ... as could the Almond for the soft nuttiness I'm used to. NO!! I'm convinced ... a softer version of my favorite Joop! this Muse absolutely is. It's delicious, lush and I feel myself becoming enamoured all over again!! I'm off to order a bottle immediately.

Thanks, PBF, for the sample :) ... not only have you provided a trot down memory lane but you've given me the opportunity of adding a new fancy to my wardrobe!!

subtle femininity
I'm doing a work project right now for which I am not supposed to wear any scent. Well, how the heck am I supposed to go all day without perfume?

So I sprayed Joop! Muse just once on my cleavage under a modest shirt. 13 hours later, I'm still getting lovely floral-musky wafts. Although the notes list champagne and Cointreau, there's nothing boozy here. It's elegant and very feminine. No one said anything to me about my subtle, pretty scent, and I didn't have to go a whole day without perfume!

by Ginger
by Ginger
by Soraya
by Soraya

Popular Joop!

Nuit d'été (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! What About Adam (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Berlin (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Joop! Homme Absolute by Joop! Nuit d'été (Parfum) by Joop! Le Bain (Eau de Parfum) by Joop! Nightflight (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Joop! Femme (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Wow! for Men (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Joop! Wow! for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Joop! Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Joop! Go by Joop! Joop! Jump (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Joop! Thrill Man by Joop! Le Bain Soft Moments by Joop! Rococo for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Joop! Homme Wild by Joop! All About Eve (Eau de Parfum) by Joop! Joop! Homme Ice by Joop! Wow! for Women (Eau de Toilette) by Joop!