Nightflight 1992Eau de Toilette

Nightflight (Eau de Toilette) by Joop!
Nightflight (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Joop! for men and was released in 1992. The scent is fresh-citrusy. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesPineapple, Bergamot, Green notes, Lavender, Juniper, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeranium, Jasmine, Lily-of-the-valley, Almond, Rose, Rosewood
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Sandalwood, Tonka bean

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 18.09.2020.

Duftsicher
Then magic and today there is a suitable and higher quality replacement
It's been a while since I was allowed to smell this fragrance for the first time and that was more by chance. My girlfriend at that time had applied it (for testing), but the strange thing was that I didn't smell it on her, but a little later on the bedding. :)
My thoughts were, "What smells so good? I can't keep my nose off of it."
It reminds me a little bit of 1001-Night, this "blue" freshness, which I had not noticed so far,
I was a newcomer to the world of perfume at the time and didn't know this broad spectrum of today's perfumes, but I still like it today, especially because it is associated with fond memories.
But I can also recommend "Percival" by Parfums de Marly, as this is a twin fragrance in the more mature and stronger version. In addition, "FA Active Sport Shower Gel" also goes a little in this direction, if you want to have a quick sniff Flacon: a little too blue and plain
Shelf life and silage: ok (better with Percival)
Frank Abergnale Jr.
I fell in love with this fragrance when I was in about fourth grade. Later I smelled it again and again and bought a small bottle two years ago. Only the name always irritated me a bit. Meanwhile I find it suitable. The scent fits in an airplane, it also fits to a pilot. Nicely dressed, noble, masculine but above all Nightflight smells comfortable to me. Like a pleasant flight on a summer night. The stewardess serves cocktails with pineapple juice, the destination of the journey is something exotic and beautiful. A place to relax and dream.
But to write again about the pilot, somehow I imagine the scent of Frank Abergnale Jr (Leo di Caprio) from "Catch me if you can": Smooth, smart, professional (even if it wasn't ;))
With this in mind, fasten your seat belts, assume a comfortable position, relax But
Where you going tonight, Frank? Something exotic?
The Best Joop
Nightflight is for me one of the best scents of the 90s. Point.
He had only one problem: he was totally overshadowed by Joop Homme. When his little brother appeared 3 years later, he had a hard time In the meantime the scent has been discontinued and is only available at moon prices.
I could bite my ass that I didn't buy several bottles 2-3 years ago when people paid 25-30€ for the 125ml in the online shops. Well, you learn from your mistakes.
I still have a 30ml bottle that is still half full, I will have to look for it
I can't describe the smell. All I can say is, it smells incredibly good. Fresh, minimally fruity, extremely aromatic and slightly smoky with a light 90s oldschool vibe. But unlike most fragrances of his age he doesn't smell old-fashioned. You can wear it without any problems even today, which I do. It fits for me best in summer evenings Nightflight is such a fragrance, you drive a convertible on a lukewarm summer evening, a cute girl or your girlfriend sits in the passenger seat and some 90s house track hammers out of the boxes. Awesome.
I have tried many scents, Nightflight is definitely one of the top 15 of the best scents I have ever tested. This smoky-aromatic one in the finish, I don't know what it is, but it blows your mind It's a pity that this scent has been discontinued. Probably nobody bought it anymore. In the 90s it was a top seller, today everyone wears only Aventus, ADG Profumo and Sauvage. (Thanks Jeremy)

The 90s scent
Experiencing it for the first time in 2020: it's definitely nothing amazing, but I do get why this is considered a great scent.

To me, though differences in scent are obvious, I believe it paved the way for scents like Tommy Hilfiger, for example. Joop! Nightflight is very smooth, everything is polished. No overbearing sweetness or cleanliness. Everything is in perfect harmony. Creamy, slightly sweet, but also citrusy.

Bourdon is a trend-setter: he, once again, foresaw and did better than everybody else, what can I say...
Then and now
Today it becomes emotional again, because I like to describe a fragrance of my youth. Of course I'm talking about the "Nightflight" by Joop. A fragrance that you rarely smell nowadays and I know why. There is something slumbering in it that today's noses can hardly stand, including my olfactory bulb. There is something "sweaty" in him, which just at the beginning is dancing around under your nose. But more about that later, first we want to locate the night flight sufficiently historically and biographically.

Back then
It is the early 2000s when the small blue bottle in the 50ml version was standing in my bathroom. At that time it was still very lonely around him. I must have been about 16/17 years old when I got this perfume as one of my first gifts. At that time it was simply a great fragrance for me, which I hadn't thought much about. Somehow it suited a pubescent pimple-faced boy like me. It was fresh, somehow it had this typical deodorant note and didn't seem to be very complex. A simple extension of the drugstore products of an adolescent, that's all.

Today
When I smell him today, there's more. On the one hand, this is of course because it reminds me of my youth, which I find somewhat convergent. I spray and see myself standing in the bathroom, letting my hair down and finding myself quite cool when I put the fragrance on. But beyond the pure melancholy, he now has much more to say to me about his content. It certainly lives up to its year of creation and thus takes you back to the fragrance worlds of the 90s. He claims the right to be considered a newcomer, but from today's point of view this is only partly true for me. Of course it is a fragrance that is rather light than heavy, but with its very own "sweaty note" I prefer to describe it as fresh in quotation marks. What might be the reason for this? Probably not the top note, as pineapple and lavender form an exciting and fruity duo. Pretty soon it becomes flowery and I suspect that this is the key to the "problem" (if you want to see it that way). Rose and lily of the valley seem to add a certain sweat to their combination. This unpleasant odour component is retained over the first few hours of wear and only recedes late. In the base, amber and musk provide a gentle fading away of the nightflight, which reconciles me as a wearer with it again. Nevertheless, after my analysis I would come to the conclusion that the fragrance is fresh and flowery and not fresh and citric. I perceive citric chords if only minimally at the beginning of the fragrance. All in all, the sweaty note makes for the fact that, unfortunately, it has to be summed up that it appears slightly musty. And that with quite good durability. It easily passes the 7-hour mark and is also well perceptible in the surrounding area.

Then and now
As a conclusion of the review I have to note that he does so well with me mainly because he allows a time travel back to the youth years. It must also be noted that there is a certain melancholy in him that not many scents possess. You can be carried away into a setting where you are sitting in an airplane and flying through the night. Below you can see the glow of the city lights, inside you can hear the soft snoring of the person sitting next to you. It's a decelerating scent that invites you to linger in the pictures and feel it out a little. However, in my opinion it is more of a relic from the 90s today than a fragrance I would recommend to wear. Especially the musty overall impression is not very convincing today. I also want to warn those who think they are buying it blind because they are seduced by the label "fresh-citric". I recommend to test it extensively beforehand in order not to suffer a crash landing. Finally, I think it's okay that the production has been stopped and I will continue to order a sample from time to time to fly in the night flight towards youth.

Barefoot, Staring At The Midnight Ocean, Lost In Thought And Wonder
As a "Joop! Homme" worshipper, I had no doubts about instantly purchasing and wearing Nightflight when it was released in 1992. The blue sapphire bottle engraved with stars and the cap wrapped in a silver metal band immediately attracted my attention, and the juice inside did the rest. Nightflight was a surprisingly pleasant alternative to the original, which I found to be a black cherry syrup juice.

The original version of '92 had an unbelievably fresh property, with a kind of vibe kindred to Azzaro Chrome and Davidoff Cool Water, Giorgio Beverly Hills Wings, and Chopard's Heaven, quite mysterious, imagine the smell of sparkling moonlight, nightfall full of stars. Did you ever fly at night, the full moon reflecting above a blanket of clouds, the sky full of stars? Nightflight reminded me of that phantasmagorical scenario. It was quite a bright, fresh, sharp, floral aquatic fragrance, but anything calone for that matter!
Right off the bat, a fresh burst of citrus fruit, lemon and bergamot, creamy lavender, and grassy green notes spread in the air after the initial sprays. Albeit pineapple is one of the most rated notes, I did not remember it as such an important note, surely not a kind of like Aventus for instance. A touch of juniper berries was balancing otherwise too zesty and creamy opening. The overall opening was aromatic, citrus, a bit fruity, and green, of course.

The heart turned into something more bittersweet and floral. Venomous masculine and overtly hypnotic almond went very well with feminine white flowers, gentle rose, and rosewood. Again, this heart did not result in a sweetheart thanks to the addition of earthy geranium. It was a core that led to floral, with a touch of gourmand and woody facets, and plenty of white florals. That floriental scent lingered for hours before wearing off when dry.

Finally, when I thought there was nothing more to come, the dry down exploded in all its fragrance. Woody and musky accords of flat sandal and clean musk juxtaposed against yummy dry amber and sweetish tonka. There was a burnt note in the background. When I wore it twenty years ago, I didn't know what it was. Now I know, it was the smell of roasted tonka beans and cumin! Even with plenty of tonka added in the base, the cumin added a tad of spiciness and continued to prevent this composition from becoming particularly cloying. Besides, the cumin gave the fragrance an intriguing saltiness, and only smelt like cumin if you concentrated.

As an oriental, I preferred to wear it when I was outside during the colder months, the sweetness was all too much for me in the heating period, and tonka, amber, and sandal lent it a little warmth. It did quite an excellent job during winter as it cut through the cold air. Exceptional longevity and the sillage was great as you'd expect from Joop!. I've just realized it's suited for a lovely summer evening, maybe even during the daytime in spring and fall, now I know. I found that when I wore Nightflight in 'passionate moments' it started to shine with the heat of the body.

Stay well; stay healthy.

-Elysium
Back to the year 1996
It was 1996 and Pollita was in the final stages of her baccalaureate. After her A-levels she wanted to start her studies. She had only recently ended a strenuous relationship that had lasted over two years and was now at the tender age of 19 ready for a new phase in her life. That's when she met him. She had known him for a while, but it was only then that they got to know each other better. He was already 30 and the young chick was warned by everyone in her family and circle of acquaintances that he was too old and that this could not go well. She still has the words of her grandmother in her head: "If you're not married or have a boyfriend by the time you're 30, there's something wrong with them," she told her granddaughter over and over again. Spending time with him just meant fun, happiness, joy. No barriers like before. With him she discovered her joy in football and even today both still cheer on the same team with enthusiasm. Whether in the club, in the football stadium on the fairground - this time with him was characterized by unbelievable much joy and detachment. That's exactly why she fell in love with him. He worked as a DJ in a bar and played her favorite songs, lots of new wave and synth pop, which she loved so much. She was wearing JPG Classique. He Joop Nightflight. Together they often lay under the starry sky and waited together until the sun rose in the morning.

It didn't last more than a year. Family and friends should be right. But they still have contact today and get along very well. Pollita has been happily married for many years. He's still a bachelor. How clever grandma was back then :)

A little anecdote from my life...

I still associate this fragrance with him today and with this wonderful part of my life that I would never want to miss. Too bad he disappeared from the market like so many other beautiful fragrances. Fragrances magically bring all the images and emotions from the past back to life. Maybe that's why I love scents so much?
Smellow1987
First of all I would like to thank my good work colleague Ingo for GIFTING me his bottle Nightflight with about 60ml leftover content.

I don't understand how you could delete this unique and bombastic fragrance from your assortment.
The person(s) who decided that should in my opinion get the termination without notice banged on their table.
Joop Homme stays and Nightflight has to go!?!?? What the f8ck is wrong with you!?!?
Of course Joop Homme isn't a bad scent in itself, but I can't smell him anymore, because 2 other colleagues wear him as signature scent.
My bottle Homme is getting dusty in the back row now.

Nightflight is the exact opposite of Homme.
It starts fresh-citric and carries this warm-sweet spice of gaaaanz light almond and lily of the valley at the same time.
With time this freshness decreases, but still remains discreet in the background and the slightly sweet one comes more to the fore.

This combination of fresh-citric-sweet-spicy is hardly to be surpassed and I don't know any comparable fragrance except Chopard's "Heaven".

Unfortunately, everyone who wants to go Nightflight may have to switch to dupes at some point :(
With the stomach already turns around in front of it.
Shame on you Joop!

He IS and will forever remain among my top ten fragrances.
¡doof
Comment style:
Erhan's notes and keyword descriptions of the fragrance.

TL;DR:
Topnote: synthetic Big Bang
Heart: nice, thin, tangy-sweet, clean, slightly transparent, colourless/transparent cocktail scent
Basis: fabulous, light shaving foam imitation

Fun Fact
"Joop" turned 180 degrees = "stupid"

Runway:
not citric at all; slightly greenish-mossy-musty; fresh; aquatic; woody base; tart-fruity; tart-sweet; non-sticky; masculine-clean (lavender?); pungent rough synthetic fiasco, suggesting spiciness. Almost looks like a thin cocktail/Shot.

In the air:
30-60 minutes later; the synthetic and fruity has diminished and thus the imaginary spiciness says goodbye; still aquatic-fresh with the tart sweetness; amazingly clean in a masculine way (no hand soap or extremely soapy musk.) I'm still guessing lavender, which seems to be there throughout the fragrance); simply structured and harmonious, but doesn't faint; looks pretty light despite its acceptable charisma; do I smell something of an almond note?oha and now suddenly a slight smell of chewing gum, but only for a short time; actually the scent is independent, but still unspectacular; still can't define where this clean, masculine aura comes from; looks a bit later still slightly "boozy"; the flowers mentioned don't smell out either, but could play a big role anyway; Sillage? Something like this between 5 and 6 points; the first two hours well perceptible without it becoming penetrating; afterwards it becomes a bit close to the skin, but radiates constantly for a long time.

Course for the Bermuda Triangle:
3 hours later no longer alcoholic, but still clean, adult, masculine; now a beautiful and light shaving foam note appears more and more and it also becomes a little bit sweeter (Tonka bean?); the aquatic is now also no longer present, although the scent is still slightly fresh; shaving foam + Tonka bean...reminds me a bit of "Portraits - The Tragedy of Lord George" by Penhaligon's; at the latest after 4 hours, this fragrance could convince me a bit; Nightflight has many facets; the fragrance is truly a journey and head-heart-basis could be regarded as different fragrances here, although they are of course closely connected with each other; Nightflight would be something for me if it would smell the same from the beginning as now.

Again 3 hours later, shortly before the Bermuda triangle:
Morpheus1
After 26 years the night flight is over - destination airport reached ?
Another fragrance that is now finally part of the history of fragrance. He's landed. The operating time is over after 26 years and a number of routine maintenance procedures. The gates of the Flight Museum have opened. The lights on the night runway have finally lit up.

I've always skilfully ignored him as a non-fresh-smell fan. He was standing in the department store chains, I ignored him, ignored him. Yes, once I tested him and immediately forgot. Too inconspicuous despite the beautiful blue bottle. Especially because it was cheap and mass-produced. Also did not match my baggage scheme.

So now he is hired and my interest as a non-Fresh-Aquatiker but Vintage Jäger was aroused with a short delay. 433 users own it, so it does have its followers and popularity.

It is not fresh citric but aromatic flowery, fresh sweet. Lavender and pineapple with other flowers and tonka bean play the leading roles. Not a bad smell, but also not the Concorde, the high flyer among the fragrances.

I've built up a bunker supply.
Prices will certainly continue to rise in the foreseeable future.

I wish him not to be forgotten.

ElysiumElysium 161 days ago
Excruciatingly bittersweet, a bomb of creamy lavender, bitterly almond, and roasted tonka. Pineapple overdosed right before Aventus happened

by Zora
by Zora
Test im Windkanal vor Abflug...Belichtungsspiel
by Flanker
by ErhanSaceros
by ErhanSaceros
Joop! - Nightflight (1992)
by Morpheus1
...Boarding Time is 22:45, please go to gate B for the nightflight number...
by TomLavender
by Speedylive
by NasiGoreng
by NasiGoreng

Popular Joop!

Nuit d'été (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! What About Adam (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Joop! Homme Absolute by Joop! Berlin (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Nuit d'été (Parfum) by Joop! Le Bain (Eau de Parfum) by Joop! Wow! for Men (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Joop! Joop! Femme (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Wow! for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Joop! Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Joop! Go by Joop! Joop! Jump (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Rococo for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Joop! Thrill Man by Joop! Le Bain Soft Moments by Joop! Joop! Homme Wild by Joop! All About Eve (Eau de Parfum) by Joop! Joop! Homme Ice by Joop! Wow! for Women (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Joop! Muse by Joop!