Nightflight (1992) Eau de Toilette

Nightflight (Eau de Toilette) by Joop!
Nightflight (Eau de Toilette) (Joop!)

Nightflight (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Joop! for men and was released in 1992. The scent is fresh-citrusy. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesPineapple, Bergamot, Green notes, Lavender, Juniper, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeranium, Jasmine, Lily-of-the-valley, Almond, Rose, Rosewood
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Sandalwood, Tonka bean

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 07.01.2019

Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 8.0/10 Longevity 7.0/10 Scent 8.5/10
My first
It was 1997 and I just returned from a two-week camping holiday in St- Cyprien, France, at the age of 18, and I had never been so tanned in my life. I looked like a blond Spaniard. It was the first day after my return and I strolled with my then 14-year-old sister through the pedestrian zone of my southwest German hometown.
My sister actually wanted to buy herself a perfume in the drugstore Müller and I intended to rummage through the CD department, which was very well sorted for the time But why I turned into the men's perfume aisle is something I cannot say today. Until now, I never needed to own my own perfume. Why would you do that? I was always allowed to make extensive use of Papas Fahrenheit, 1881, and Derringer.
When I sprayed the bottle of Nightflight after an unsystematic sniffing, I was spellbound by the smell of freshness and summer, it somehow continued my Mediterranean holiday in my mind, although I was standing in a non-air conditioned drugstore in the middle of a middle ugly provincial town.

In order to spend the remaining weeks of the summer holidays (then there were still 13 school years), with a feeling of vacation, freshness and a bit of coolness, I had to have this scent! And even more so in the evenings in the equally unklimatisierten, summerly embroidered discos, long before the smoking ban, I would be the most smelly boy/man...I formed myself at least a ;-)

That was in 1997. 22 years later, living for 12 years in a metropolis in northern Germany and only on a few visits to the "provincial town" each year, I recently discovered a broken Nightflight bottle in a kind of cosmetic shoe box for my wife. Of course it is no longer the original one from 1997, but if you spray it into the air, you won't notice a big difference to the scent of that time.... but every single impression I felt when I discovered the scent comes back up. It's a wet and cold winter. The last camping holiday was 19 years ago, smoky discos and visits there are a thing of the past, but a sniff at the bottle and the time travel starts.

I haven't sprayed the scent on myself since eternal times - I had even forgotten that I own it and I was very happy when I found it again. But I haven't really sprayed it on since and I probably won't. Too much it is interwoven with the old times, there it belongs for me and there it will always stay for me.

For me he had his time (with me) and he was fantastic. But (fragrant) life has progressed and made room for new discoveries and memories.
Maybe my last flight ...
... on my olfactory retro voyage back to the '90s!? What the people here smell again and again, amazes me every time anew! :-) But now I come: An insanely citric staircase, which after approx. 10 minutes easily turns into a flowery one. But it remains largely for my meanwhile presumably overstretched olfactory bulb. "You wouldn't call a fragrance of this kind "Nightflight" anymore, rather "Picnic" or "Lemonade"! ;-)

I have really nothing to complain about this EDT, but probably now already some aquatics too much in my collection. The basic trend is towards Versace pour Homme, Allure Homme Sport or Bulgari Aqva. You can't really do anything wrong with this fragrance unless someone tells you: "Yuck, you smell like lemon, sea, lavender and a hint of perwoll!" ;-) I think that's very unlikely, and from there: in summer and in everyday life: very much!

However, the fragrance type "fresh citric" has probably been ticked off for me for the time being, since I have simply enough in this (my preferred) direction. So I'm not quite sure if I'll keep "Nightflight" yet, because the heart note at the end is probably a bit too flowery or soapy for me. So it's no milestone for me.

Sure, I also have numerous T-shirts and shirts, but among them undoubtedly my favorites, which I wear more often than others. "I would actually wear "Nightflight" less often and put it in the category "functional standard" ... Because I fly at night only to reach a certain goal during the day, and not because I think it's so awesome! ;-)
Bottle 6.0/10 Sillage 6.0/10 Longevity 7.0/10 Scent 6.5/10
Long live the citrus scents
Being a citrus lover and user during my whole life, I really love this one!
Spicy, fresh, clean.
Acid pineapple stands out in my skin.

I expected it to last more, though.
(it's a moderate for me, but acording to the reviews it's a long lasting for most of people, which I'm not included)

Very interesting and versatile, can be used for work, sports, dates, and even a club.

I could smell like this all day! :) (and night)
Bottle 5.0/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 5.0/10 Scent 2.0/10
Pineapple
Lots of pinneaple and lavender with good lasting power and great sillage.

But it doesnt work with my skin... Smells too synthetic when dries down.

Updated January 2014

• by Zora by Zora
  • by Flanker by Flanker
  • by Serafina by Serafina
  • ...Boarding Time is 22:45, please go to gate B for the nightflight number... by TomLavender
  • Nightflight by night by Flanker
  • by ExUser by ExUser
  • by Speedylive by Speedylive
  • by NasiGoreng by NasiGoreng

Popular Joop!

Joop! Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Le Bain (Eau de Parfum) by Joop! Nightflight (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Joop! Homme Wild by Joop! Joop! Jump (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! All About Eve (Eau de Parfum) by Joop! Wow! for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Joop! Go by Joop! Joop! Femme (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Joop! Thrill Man by Joop! Berlin (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! What About Adam (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Nuit d'été (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Splash by Joop! Joop! Miss Wild by Joop! Joop! Homme Extreme (Eau de Toilette Intense) by Joop! Joop! Thrill Woman by Joop! Joop! Homme Sport by Joop! Rococo (Eau de Parfum) by Joop! Wow! for Women by Joop!