Nightflight (1992) Eau de Toilette

Nightflight (Eau de Toilette) by Joop!

Nightflight (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Joop! for men and was released in 1992. The scent is fresh-citrusy. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesPineapple, Bergamot, Green notes, Lavender, Juniper, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeranium, Jasmine, Lily-of-the-valley, Almond, Rose, Rosewood
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Sandalwood, Tonka bean

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 14.04.2019

7.0 6.0 7.0 7.0/10

¡doof
Comment style:
Erhan's notes and keyword descriptions of the fragrance.

TL;DR:
Topnote: synthetic Big Bang
Heart: nice, thin, tangy-sweet, clean, slightly transparent, colourless/transparent cocktail scent
Basis: fabulous, light shaving foam imitation

Fun Fact
"Joop" turned 180 degrees = "stupid"

Runway:
not citric at all; slightly greenish-mossy-musty; fresh; aquatic; woody base; tart-fruity; tart-sweet; non-sticky; masculine-clean (lavender?); pungent rough synthetic fiasco, suggesting spiciness. Almost looks like a thin cocktail/Shot.

In the air:
30-60 minutes later; the synthetic and fruity has diminished and thus the imaginary spiciness says goodbye; still aquatic-fresh with the tart sweetness; amazingly clean in a masculine way (no hand soap or extremely soapy musk.) I'm still guessing lavender, which seems to be there throughout the fragrance); simply structured and harmonious, but doesn't faint; looks pretty light despite its acceptable charisma; do I smell something of an almond note?oha and now suddenly a slight smell of chewing gum, but only for a short time; actually the scent is independent, but still unspectacular; still can't define where this clean, masculine aura comes from; looks a bit later still slightly "boozy"; the flowers mentioned don't smell out either, but could play a big role anyway; Sillage? Something like this between 5 and 6 points; the first two hours well perceptible without it becoming penetrating; afterwards it becomes a bit close to the skin, but radiates constantly for a long time.

Course for the Bermuda Triangle:
3 hours later no longer alcoholic, but still clean, adult, masculine; now a beautiful and light shaving foam note appears more and more and it also becomes a little bit sweeter (Tonka bean?); the aquatic is now also no longer present, although the scent is still slightly fresh; shaving foam + Tonka bean...reminds me a bit of "Portraits - The Tragedy of Lord George" by Penhaligon's; at the latest after 4 hours, this fragrance could convince me a bit; Nightflight has many facets; the fragrance is truly a journey and head-heart-basis could be regarded as different fragrances here, although they are of course closely connected with each other; Nightflight would be something for me if it would smell the same from the beginning as now.

Again 3 hours later, shortly before the Bermuda triangle:
7.0 7.0 7.0 8.0/10

Last Flight
For me, I discovered him late.

When he came onto the market at that time, he had to compete against the Minotaure, which was more intensive and attractive for me at that time. At that time they also did great advertising with the terracotta stones. Thus Minotaure also became a room-filling fragrance. The Nightflight was rather such a lukewarm breeze.

So he fell into oblivion until years later, during a lunch break, I had a rehearsal put on at the big 'D'. My colleagues were thrilled.

I hesitated a little bit with the purchase, but then I bought a bottle. After that, I always made sure that a new, filled bottle was there before the bottle that was in use dried out. Great unobtrusive summer scent for the office. It was part of the inventory for years. The sales figures have probably now put an end to his life.

I'm not gonna bunker him. There's still a bottle here, I'll probably use it a little more sparingly.
I'm not really sad either, the reflex of buying more will disappear and there's room for something new.

Land safely on your last journey.

Club Bizarre
Maybe we can join the crowd
Life is poor without sound
Where the crazy people meet
On the street with no name
If you wish upon a star

Here's the place...

CLUB BIZARRE :)

(Copyright U96 - Club Bizarre)
Hard to believe that this fragrance was discontinued, but it is unfortunately true.
One of THE fragrances of the 90s especially in the club/techno scene which had its climax in the 90s.
I was a kid myself but I have an older uncle who was just 20-25 at the time.
He told me wild stories about what happened in Frankfurt in Dorian Gray.
Must have been hard times so without mobile phones, internet, social media. Life was probably purer and more real than today.
The probably (or probably) best-selling Joop fragrance after Joop Homme was discontinued, probably because it no longer sold itself.
Personally, I still have a big bottle, so I'm fine. You can definitely tell his age, very strong 90s vibe coming from this fragrance and he seems a bit out of time fallen. But it definitely smells really good with its fruity and floral notes. Even if I don't like the expression, in the vintage version it was definitely a brutal panty dropper and especially a strong statement against sweet Joop Homme wave.

1992-2019
RIP
8.0 6.0 7.0 7.5/10

Morpheus1
After 26 years the night flight is over - destination airport reached ?
Another fragrance that is now finally part of the history of fragrance. He's landed. The operating time is over after 26 years and a number of routine maintenance procedures. The gates of the Flight Museum have opened. The lights on the night runway have finally lit up.

I've always skilfully ignored him as a non-fresh-smell fan. He was standing in the department store chains, I ignored him, ignored him. Yes, once I tested him and immediately forgot. Too inconspicuous despite the beautiful blue bottle. Especially because it was cheap and mass-produced. Also did not match my baggage scheme.

So now he is hired and my interest as a non-Fresh-Aquatiker but Vintage Jäger was aroused with a short delay. 433 users own it, so it does have its followers and popularity.

It is not fresh citric but aromatic flowery, fresh sweet. Lavender and pineapple with other flowers and tonka bean play the leading roles. Not a bad smell, but also not the Concorde, the high flyer among the fragrances.

I've built up a bunker supply.
Prices will certainly continue to rise in the foreseeable future.

I wish him not to be forgotten.
8.0 8.0 7.0 8.5/10

My first
It was 1997 and I just returned from a two-week camping holiday in St- Cyprien, France, at the age of 18, and I had never been so tanned in my life. I looked like a blond Spaniard. It was the first day after my return and I strolled with my then 14-year-old sister through the pedestrian zone of my southwest German hometown.
My sister actually wanted to buy herself a perfume in the drugstore Müller and I intended to rummage through the CD department, which was very well sorted for the time But why I turned into the men's perfume aisle is something I cannot say today. Until now, I never needed to own my own perfume. Why would you do that? I was always allowed to make extensive use of Papas Fahrenheit, 1881, and Derringer.
When I sprayed the bottle of Nightflight after an unsystematic sniffing, I was spellbound by the smell of freshness and summer, it somehow continued my Mediterranean holiday in my mind, although I was standing in a non-air conditioned drugstore in the middle of a middle ugly provincial town.

In order to spend the remaining weeks of the summer holidays (then there were still 13 school years), with a feeling of vacation, freshness and a bit of coolness, I had to have this scent! And even more so in the evenings in the equally unklimatisierten, summerly embroidered discos, long before the smoking ban, I would be the most smelly boy/man...I formed myself at least a ;-)

That was in 1997. 22 years later, living for 12 years in a metropolis in northern Germany and only on a few visits to the "provincial town" each year, I recently discovered a broken Nightflight bottle in a kind of cosmetic shoe box for my wife. Of course it is no longer the original one from 1997, but if you spray it into the air, you won't notice a big difference to the scent of that time.... but every single impression I felt when I discovered the scent comes back up. It's a wet and cold winter. The last camping holiday was 19 years ago, smoky discos and visits there are a thing of the past, but a sniff at the bottle and the time travel starts.

I haven't sprayed the scent on myself since eternal times - I had even forgotten that I own it and I was very happy when I found it again. But I haven't really sprayed it on since and I probably won't. Too much it is interwoven with the old times, there it belongs for me and there it will always stay for me.

For me he had his time (with me) and he was fantastic. But (fragrant) life has progressed and made room for new discoveries and memories.

Maybe my last flight ...
... on my olfactory retro voyage back to the '90s!? What the people here smell again and again, amazes me every time anew! :-) But now I come: An insanely citric staircase, which after approx. 10 minutes easily turns into a flowery one. But it remains largely for my meanwhile presumably overstretched olfactory bulb. "You wouldn't call a fragrance of this kind "Nightflight" anymore, rather "Picnic" or "Lemonade"! ;-)

I have really nothing to complain about this EDT, but probably now already some aquatics too much in my collection. The basic trend is towards Versace pour Homme, Allure Homme Sport or Bulgari Aqva. You can't really do anything wrong with this fragrance unless someone tells you: "Yuck, you smell like lemon, sea, lavender and a hint of perwoll!" ;-) I think that's very unlikely, and from there: in summer and in everyday life: very much!

However, the fragrance type "fresh citric" has probably been ticked off for me for the time being, since I have simply enough in this (my preferred) direction. So I'm not quite sure if I'll keep "Nightflight" yet, because the heart note at the end is probably a bit too flowery or soapy for me. So it's no milestone for me.

Sure, I also have numerous T-shirts and shirts, but among them undoubtedly my favorites, which I wear more often than others. "I would actually wear "Nightflight" less often and put it in the category "functional standard" ... Because I fly at night only to reach a certain goal during the day, and not because I think it's so awesome! ;-)
6.0 6.0 7.0 6.5/10

GabrielCupim
Long live the citrus scents
Being a citrus lover and user during my whole life, I really love this one!
Spicy, fresh, clean.
Acid pineapple stands out in my skin.

I expected it to last more, though.
(it's a moderate for me, but acording to the reviews it's a long lasting for most of people, which I'm not included)

Very interesting and versatile, can be used for work, sports, dates, and even a club.

I could smell like this all day! :) (and night)
5.0 7.5 5.0 2.0/10

Pineapple
Lots of pinneaple and lavender with good lasting power and great sillage.

But it doesnt work with my skin... Smells too synthetic when dries down.

Updated January 2014

by Zora
by Zora
Test im Windkanal vor Abflug...
by Flanker
by ErhanSaceros
by ErhanSaceros
Joop! - Nightflight (1992)
by Morpheus1
...Boarding Time is 22:45, please go to gate B for the nightflight number...
by TomLavender
by NasiGoreng
by Taurus1967
by Taurus1967

Popular Joop!

Joop! Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Le Bain (Eau de Parfum) by Joop! Nightflight (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Joop! Homme Wild by Joop! Joop! Jump (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! All About Eve (Eau de Parfum) by Joop! Wow! for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Joop! Go by Joop! Joop! Femme (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Joop! Thrill Man by Joop! Berlin (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! What About Adam (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Nuit d'été (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Splash by Joop! Joop! Miss Wild by Joop! Joop! Homme Extreme (Eau de Toilette Intense) by Joop! Joop! Thrill Woman by Joop! Joop! Homme Sport by Joop! Wow! for Women by Joop! Rococo (Eau de Parfum) by Joop!