Wow! for Men (2017) Eau de Toilette

Wow! for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Joop!
Wow! for Men (Eau de Toilette) (Joop!)

Wow! for Men (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Joop! for men and was released in 2017. The scent is spicy-sweet. It is being marketed by Coty.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Cardamom, Violet
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeranium, Fir balsam, Vetiver
Base Notes Base NotesCashmeran, Tonka bean, Vanilla

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 14.01.2019

The face of the advertising campaign is model Swann de Falco, filmed by Olivier Dahan.

Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 7.0/10 Longevity 7.0/10 Scent 8.0/10
A woodsy hug
To my nose there is a beautiful opening of warm spicy cardamom, velvety cashmere and a slightly sweet balsam fir that evoke neatly wrapped luxurious presents under the christmas tree.

Joop certainly went in a different direction with a fragrance that is more mature than their usual in a much better looking bottle than usual. Surprisingly though they still chose a rather juvenile name that doesn't seem to match this darker, woody scent. The sweetness here is not the sickly type found in Homme or Homme Wild but much more ambery and natural, with none of the teenage fun factor of the other Joop fragrances. The performance sadly is not like Homme or Homme Wild either and it's a shame the initial smooth top notes don't last longer, but the dry down is still very aromatic and enjoyable.

Wow may not have the celebrity status of Joop Homme but to me it's a more serious, versatile and wearable scent for the colder months.
Wow a wannabe CH for Men?
SOTD: Joop Wow: As of 01/03/19

My opinion review of Joop Wow is a nice scent has a bit the CH for Men similarities or scent DNA, but has a tone down vibe than CH for Men. I have the CH for Men the reformulation version and the newer design, when sniff both of them really similar but different. Wow didn't wow me, but made me rethink on who to reach for on occasions. Liked the balanced scent of cashmere, Vanilla and Tonka bean. Is a must have in any collection if you don't have CH for Men reformulation or OG.

Rating

Scent: 7.5/10
Presentation/Design: 8.5/10
Value: 6.5/10
Performance/Longevity: 8.5/10: Duration on my skin pushing close to 14+ hrs
Overall: 7.5/10
Bottle 7.0/10 Sillage 7.0/10 Longevity 6.0/10 Scent 7.5/10
How some tear him apart..
... is incomprehensible to me. A matter of taste, of course, but if I look at some comments here. Well...
He reminds me a little of Dior Fahrenheit. Certainly not so high quality and also the durability is not the best but I think it's great just because you don't smell it at every corner. There are so many great perfumes but you can also smell them felt on every man (e.g. Dior Sauvage and Co.), which makes Joop Wow so to speak "unique". I was asked about the perfume several times, always positively. I recommend a multiple test. Just with the skin and clothes he reacts wonderfully/beautifully
Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 5.0/10 Scent 8.0/10
MTS
Joop for shy people
Seen, sniffed, bought.
I have seen the bottle in the trade and since I like Joop! I took a nose of it.
Very tasty, I like you, I'll take you home with me.

The bottle lies well in my hand, the cap was new for me and really needed the instructions on the cardboard lid. Unfortunately the spray head is not compatible with the Travalo, so I have to carry the whole bottle with me...

The perfume itself with its honey-coloured gold is just as warm and inviting as the fragrance itself.
The fragrance in the opening is warm and wraps around with this sweetness that reminds me of Joop! But without exaggerating like others. After the opening, the vanilla is relatively quickly pulled through which the other essences are somewhat whitewashed. The tonka bean gives the vanilla even more volume and rounds off the fragrance in the base note. I notice almost nothing of the heart note, but can also be due to my still inexperienced nose. Vetiver is known to me from Hermes or Guerlain, but is mixed in rather cautiously here.

I am a little disappointed by the durability. I'm used to it from Joop! definitely different. If I could add all 3h, then this is for me no real Joop!
The Sillage is fair in return. The scent is with me, around me, but not in the whole room. This is great, so I can wear the scent comfortably in the office.

In my opinion a good recommendation looking for something that lies between Boss Bottled and 1 million. A little bit small, Fahrenheit also comes to mind, but this really only on the side and I ask myself each time why?

Once again a very fine fragrance from Joop!
Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 6.0/10 Longevity 6.0/10 Scent 7.5/10
For me the best Joop in a long time...
...yeah, yeah, I know. That's not necessarily hard.

In the wow, balm fir, cashmere wood, vanilla and a fruity fresh bergamot blend to create an unobtrusive wintery office fragrance. The fragrance definitely radiates something soothing, and the top note in particular is convincing during the first hour.

I can't understand the criticism that he's too sweet or artificial. The only drawback for me is the rather moderate durability and the somewhat modest silage. Here you have to apply more sprayers than you are used to from previous Joops. If you also want to have some of the scent all day long, you definitely have to spray it at noon. In the clothing again is still perceptible in the evening.

The bottle is successful and is supposed to be based on Scottish whisky bottles in its design. The gimmick with the locking ring, on the other hand, I find less successful and the spray head could also be better. In my opinion this spits something and does not really distribute the spray evenly.

Conclusion: A good, unobtrusive office fragrance for winter. Skin no completely from the stool but does not push anyone in front of the head.
Bottle 7.0/10 Sillage 6.0/10 Longevity 7.0/10 Scent 7.5/10
Casting
Welcome to "One will already bring" of the show for all talents of the world.
Today we sit in our jury real titans of entertainment.
Together we are looking forward to Dieter Bohlen, Didi Hallervorden, Howard Carpendale and Udo Lindenberg.

The first candidate is Jopp Wow and will try to convince the jury of his skills, we are curious to see how he will perform.
He's gonna smell something to them today, we'll keep our fingers crossed.

Screeds: Just like Stevie Wonder didn't become a designer, you can't become a fragrance with your requirements, but get going.

Didi: Palim Palim, Hö, Hö, Hö!

WOW: PFFF...PFFF...PFFF

Udo: Dude, the violet here, it's so creepy pure so.
Screeds: Yeah hörma, your top note, nä, so if I were you, I'd rather be me, you know?
Howard: Hello again. Isch just say isch riesch again. But you don't think that's so bad.
Didi:HACH Is that exciting! I need more details.

WOW: PFFF...PFFF...PFFF

Bohlen: ey I've seen worse. If you continue like this with the cardamom, the megageil.
Didi: Write Sie´s to I will deal with it later. Hö, Hö, Hö!
Howard: You sound billisch with the Rosengeranjie now. MIsch convinces the framed what you are doing here.
Udo: jou that you can whistle your nose well. You got a totally good mix on there now. It's like a special train from Wolfgang. That's a really good violet mix. Tüdndü.

WOW: PFFF...PFFF...PFFF

Didi:HACH is that exciting! Nenene, that's all right. Better than a bottle of fries. Hö,Hö,Hö!

Udo: It really went deep with us. I'm already behind the horizon age. Your vanilla in the base makes one so incredibly quiet, we pull one off beastly. Nope you that's totally okay. I'll take my hat off to you
Screeds: Yeah ey, watch what I touch turns to gold, nä..I've touched Verona for 3 weeks, you still hear about her. This is gonna be awesome with us. Tonka baby! I like that. Weissu, people come here, no, they think they could smell, but they suck. They have scents, nä, you can get a disabled parking pass there. They're no good, just plaque, weissu. I mean, you really don't look like anything, but you really showed Uncle Dieter something.

Howard: Forget Laura Jane. Your beautiful Ti Amo was just background music, but I think it really smells good. I don't even know why people have discovered disch nisch before. Honestly. I've told Wayne, there comes sischer still something rischtig good, but Wayne interested?

Screeds: Yo, I really thought, nä..now there's another guy coming, nä, he thinks he can smell and he thinks he's the biggest and so, nä, but he was really ok so, weissu.

Didi: Hö,Hö,Hö!

Well the candidate is further and has simply once all surprised. He was very nice smelling, showed normal endurance and proved to be a good all-rounder. Congratulations!

Bottle 9.0/10 Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 6.0/10 Scent 9.0/10
Spray, close eyes, lean back...
For whatever reason, that perfume calms me down. I don't wear it that often, but I like to spray it into a cloth or simply into the air and breathe in deeply. Due to my Persian roots, the loud spice in the opening of the fragrance has no "WOW"-effect, but rather transports me back to my childhood and gives me a homelike, pleasant feeling.
One of my personal favorites, even if it's just for me.

• by Benito0607 by Benito0607
  • by TomDuft by TomDuft
  • by MisterG by MisterG
  • by TheScenter by TheScenter
  • by Ernie824 by Ernie824
  • by Itchynose by Itchynose
  • by Ernie824 by Ernie824

Popular Joop!

Joop! Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Le Bain (Eau de Parfum) by Joop! Nightflight (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Joop! Homme Wild by Joop! Joop! Jump (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! All About Eve (Eau de Parfum) by Joop! Wow! for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Joop! Go by Joop! Joop! Femme (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Joop! Thrill Man by Joop! Berlin (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! What About Adam (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Nuit d'été (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Splash by Joop! Joop! Miss Wild by Joop! Joop! Homme Extreme (Eau de Toilette Intense) by Joop! Joop! Thrill Woman by Joop! Joop! Homme Sport by Joop! Rococo (Eau de Parfum) by Joop! Wow! for Women by Joop!