Wow! for Men 2017 Eau de Toilette

Wow! for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Joop!
Wow! for Men (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Joop! for men and was released in 2017. The scent is spicy-sweet. It is being marketed by Coty. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot CardamomCardamom VioletViolet
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeraniumGeranium Fir balsamFir balsam VetiverVetiver
Base Notes Base NotesCashmeranCashmeran Tonka beanTonka bean VanillaVanilla

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 19.05.2022.

The face of the advertising campaign is model Swann de Falco, filmed by Olivier Dahan.

Spicy and sexy!
Joop Wow! provides a wow effect especially in the opening. Spicy freshness. Really very spicy, cardamom, fir balsam, vanilla, tonka bean and tobacco (not specified). Smells very sexy. Stands out. And it's not as heavy as, say, Viktor & Rolf Spice Bomb. The Wow you can also wear indoors at work, the Spice Bomb rather not.

Here everything is right. Price / performance, durability and sillage (6-8h perceptible), design. Some drawback: at the 40ml bottle is no real cap, only a strange ring. I always have the feeling that the bottle is not properly sealed by this. So far, however, he is not tilted in 2 years

ChicoRoch1
Nothing like its big brother
It's truly amazing how some people can take apart and disect a fragrance buy singleing out and identifying a scent note by individual note. I sorely need to develope that talent. It would make my reviews much more readable. The only thing i can do concerning a fragrance is tell wether or not it smells good or bad. Joop! Wow is a nice fragrance but that's all. There really is nothing special about it. The longevity and sillage are just average at best but like i said, the scent is enjoyable. I was hoping for a similar performance like the original Joop! brings but there aren't too many fragrances like the original Joop! This one craps out after only 4hrs maybe 5. That's too bad because it's not exactly cheap either. Still, it smells nice
There....And Gone?....Wow....
Cleaning is dull. Nachputzen, because the room keeper hired for lack of time has cleaned slovenly, even duller and also annoying. Sometimes but schnöde cleaning work also has its good, especially if you meet perfume samples when cleaning up :)

The prelude to "Wow" is like a smorgasbord of spices tumbling out of a wooden cupboard. I smell cinnamon. Maybe even a little clove?

Afterwards, nothing....What? Already over? :(

Then the scent does turn up again, the spices have discreetly departed and a lovely sweet violet scent unobtrusively envelops me! Every now and then, the cinnamon pokes its head in the door. Is this really a men's fragrance?

Cardamom is listed in the fragrance pyramid. Hmm, interesting....for me, cardamom smells different somehow. Since I often spice my coffee with cardamom, I am actually very familiar with it. Cinnamon and cloves it has to my surprise none in it...there I have probably mistaken with the handle in the little cupboard...Oh never mind...

The violet is very dominant, but in a light and sweet way, most reminiscent of violet sorbet. I definitely find this violet to be quite feminine. When the spices push their way back to the forefront, the scent comes across as masculine again. Definitely wearable for all genders.

Vanilla and tonka give the warm base, yet the fragrance is not overly sweet, but remains pleasant. Over time, I also perceive the fir balsam, which I like rather less, because it then begins to remind me of "Le Mâle " by Gaultier, although it fortunately lacks its penetrance.

All in all but a pleasant and beautiful fragrance, with which one is certainly not negatively conspicuous, because it is spicy, but still discreet.

This perfume is advertised with a black panther, which seems to me entirely inappropriate, for this the fragrance is too "tame".

But who is looking for a gentle spicy-floral fragrance for the upcoming Advent season, with which one does not slay his environment, could be happy with "Wow".
The name says it all...
...because exactly that shot me at the time through the head as I tested a sample of it and perceived this beautiful, spicy top note: "Wow!"
Since the base then already rather went into the sweetness (by vanilla and tonka bean) I should have been disappointed, because I do not like too much sweetness.
But I wasn't. The spice remained and in the heart note came woody elements to it.
That fits with the sweetness.
For me, a clear proof that a perfume must not necessarily be expensive, here was created something great.
It took its time but finally I have me a bottle of it zugelegt. Even the convinced me, find this ring-like closure has something...
Have the fragrance already recommended a colleague. He wanted of course what "good but cheap"...
he is also very satisfied.

Sweet little brother
Fahrenheit has a little brother. His name is Joop and Wow! He looks like his big brother, he just has a lot to learn and mature in life.

Smells like they toom the fahrenheit base and added some vanilla syrup.

Good work takes time.
Smells pretty nice tho, worth a spray.
How a good relationship
Only my second comment on this platform, but a thoughtful one. As already SaSu77 before me aptly said: "Gets better and better"!
I've had Joop Wow! in my closet for a good three years now, wearing it every now and then, but never really paying attention to it. At times, I even found it quite exhausting, because it seemed a bit stiflingly sweet to me. Since I'm now a little more interested in fragrances and not just wear them "so you just smell like something", I also gave Wow! another chance. And it deserved it. Initially, I had to come to terms with the sweetness of the vanilla, which I had already criticized earlier, but after a short while my nose was able to focus on the other notes as well. And this is where the true potential lies dormant: the fragrance is simply super spicy! And then again, the sweetness goes super well with that. Especially in autumn and winter I really like to wear Wow! now. And it definitely allows closeness, which means my environment likes it very much... And that without an acclimatization phase!
As soon as spring knocks I will definitely switch back to fresher, greener scents, but in the current cozy time I'm very happy with Joop. It just fits perfectly into the cold days. And for the money, you definitely can't complain. Only the durability is a little weak with me: After four hours, you have to smell directly on my neck to be able to perceive it. But that's okay
Gets better and better
Is ne real surprise in my collection. I had the fragrance once received as a sample and found her very interesting and quite inexpensive.

After the acquisition, I must admit, however, that I perceived the fragrance at first rather average and used it but rarely.

Since a few weeks I wear the fragrance gladly against evening for dinner or watching a movie on. My wife likes the scent very much and I smell him in the meantime also incredibly happy. Has something totally cozy in itself as I find.

After the first spray he comes across very spicy, but then develops into a good mix of spicy woody fresh. A really nice fragrance and for the price absolutely recommendable.

Correction
Say what you will, but since the Richie again more in
He's changed somehow. Not only;
he's always quoting wildly - Strindberg, Brecht,
Schnitzler, Bernhard... nothing is' safe from him. Even otherwise
he seems to me somehow different.
The other day we met in our regular café and I.. i notice that he smells of something interesting I bit closer to him and just say, "Wow!"
He looks at me in amazement.
"Gentlemen, you are good!"
"Well, I don't know...today I haven't done a good deed
accomplished..."
"Quark! I mean, how quickly you realized that..."
"How do you like...?"
"Well, the perfume! What else?"
"I did? Fine. Well, I think it's quite good, soft and
discreet, but also somehow peculiar..."
"You dumbass, that's "Wow" by old Joop..."
Honestly am now only times briefly speechless.
Had the sometime tested and as weak
in memory.
"Really now...?
"Sure! Wow is kind of a borderline. Raynaud,
he can cross borders quite well. See also at L'Eau d'Issey.
First seemingly a harmless freshman and then a
secret powerhouse even with some edge. And
Violets he can do too. Look at Simply, there's the
Violet is as elegantly fitted as the cuts of the good Jil.
"You've got a point there..."
Now Richie's really getting into a dozing mood.
"Anyway, the wow kind of rummages in all the terrains,
but he never puts his foot in his mouth. Somehow
he always scrapes just before the curve somewhere else. Freshness
with bergamot is quickly turned with cardamom in the direction
Edible turned, but then from violets downright
verblümt, and rather tart, not directly fahrenheitig,
but in a similar spirit. Only -so that also does not remain,
because a fine spiciness or resinousness smuggles
i'm thinking of Potion, a kind of magic balm Magic Balsam, if's de so want. In addition still forest
romanticism with some fir character. But before it's too
clear, is also circumnavigated again, now by wood and
some vanilla.
I sniff now but again a little more closely at the good
Richie.
"And without the usual 100 times-gerochene Woody-Amber-
sweetness," I add, not without very slight euphoria.
"Exactly! Almost creamy for that. Cosy one calls that but
gladly, at least in home magazines. Although the bad word
"Cashmeran on the package insert is.. "Well, in the end, such things are just words..."
"Anyway, it's also strangely versatile, you can almost always
wear, like a parka. Or a kind of shirt jacket..."
"No, the right word is rather passepartout," I
interject."
"Exactly!"
"And another thing - it's somehow neither quite synthetic
nor quite natural...rather synthetic ornatural..."
"I can understand that. Man, Richie, I think about the
i've judged too quickly..."
"Don't worry about it. You won't be real smart until you learn.. to stop falling for your own tricks." "Where did you get that from again?"
"Never mind. What's special, by the way, is the radiation
behavior. I would not directly call sillage, the
creates more so an aura, very pleasant, never penetrating.
Subliminal, but still somewhere perceptible, an
Atmosphere of mild woody-creamy semi-sweetness, a
bit like a childhood memory of a bakery-
breath...
"Poet-Richie I shall call you from now on..."
"Oh, what..."
"Just that name... "Wow", it's really uh...
slightly stupid...", I can't help but
to remark.
"Maybe "Boah Ey" would have been better. If already,
then already..."
"Yeah, maybe. But not as an edt or edp. Only as Absolut.
And then pronounced in German and in fashionable small
spelling...
"Right. "boah ey absolut!" That's what I'm talking about..."
"Right, with an exclamation mark!"

Now he reaches into his inside pocket and pulls out.. the bottle, which is still quite full.
"Here - I'll give you this!"
"Excuse me? And you...?"
"I'll get a new one later. It doesn't cost that much." "Really? Gentlemen... thank you!"
"You know, I always think of that line..." "Which one do you mean?"
"Of all I had, all I had left was what I gave away..."
"Nice closing, Richie!"
"Thank you!"
"I have to say thank you, but really!"
"Aw shucks! I've got to go now... take care!"
Already he's putting on his sailor jacket, tapping
taps me on the shoulder and disappears
NiceSmell
A classic reinterpreted or copied?
I had seen the Joop Wow here in the souk as an offer and wanted to smell it again before a possible buy. The next day off to the perfumery... Well... what can I say. He wasn't really my cup of tea at the time. He is tart, masculine and in my eyes a classic scent. It's more for the older man than for the funky teenager
Then I could dust a sample and wore it again today and longer. I have to admit, I like it a little better now. It is and remains a classic fragrance. I was convinced by the durability. After about 10 hours I still notice it. And that for this price. The silage does not change much and is quite ok. For me the price/performance ratio is right
It also reminds me a little of Dior Fahrenheit. Could it be?
Haven't smelled Fahrenheit in a while...

So all in all a good fragrance for older people who like it more masculine and classic
First Fie then Hui
Well, I must say, this scent really won me over the second time. I got it once from the turquoise store as a sample and must say, because he disappointed me, or maybe I was not at the thing when I sniffed him, I do not know it anymore ... well then I got it or my husband got it as a present and I was really surprised. And that positive. Since then the fragrance is a must in my collection. It reminds me of an autumn walk through a fir forest, I wear a Cahsmere sweater and the wind blows through my face, I hold a vanilla / chai latte refined with cardamom and the autumn leaves block my way ... at my side my husband, who wears exactly this scent ... we run to the forest hut and let the evening end together ....

To be honest, I have to say he reminds me a lot of Dior Fahrenheit. But I like that one a lot, too

ChicoRoch1ChicoRoch1 7 months ago
I'm not wowed
AntonioPORTAntonioPORT 2 years ago
I decided to give WOW a full wear and what a surprise it was! Vibrant, energetic and sweet for a great scent experience. Loved it.

by Benedikt2019
by Blade86
by Itchynose
by Itchynose

Popular by Joop!

Nuit d'été (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! What About Adam (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Joop! Homme Absolute by Joop! Joop! Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Joop! Berlin (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Nightflight (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Le Bain (Eau de Parfum) by Joop! Wow! for Men (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Joop! Joop! Femme (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Joop! Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Nuit d'été (Parfum) by Joop! Joop! Go by Joop! Joop! Jump (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Joop! Thrill Man by Joop! Joop! Homme Ice by Joop! Le Bain Soft Moments by Joop! Rococo for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Wow! for Women (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Joop! All About Eve (Eau de Parfum) by Joop! Joop! Homme Wild by Joop!