Wow! for Men 2017 Eau de Toilette

Wow! for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Joop!
Wow! for Men (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Joop! for men and was released in 2017. The scent is spicy-sweet. It is being marketed by Coty. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot
VetiverVetiver
Base Notes Base NotesCashmeranCashmeran
Tonka beanTonka bean
VanillaVanilla

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 15.10.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is model Swann de Falco, filmed by Olivier Dahan.

The Camp David of fragrances
I find this scent thoroughly repulsive. I do not understand what is supposed to be great about it. Much too spicy, much too forced extroverted, much too "Hello, I'm Dieter Bohlen".

It's like I threw up a whiskey coke in the cleaning bucket. If you have absolutely no flair for fragrances, if you want to hit absolutely blatant at the next Ü50 Schlagerparty - treat yourself to this. You'll be sure to be gleefully welcomed at the next beer counter. This is one of those fragrances that are regularly at the front of the queue at the Turquoise, at Christmas and Easter by some "Oh look, I brought you a Paföng" buyers are picked up because they are just "cheap". That one falls into the ck one & co kg category for me.

Please don't misunderstand. Nothing against people who don't care much about fragrances. That is absolutely okay. But if I'm going to give an honest perfume review, I just can't think of anything else to say about it. I'm really sorry. But tastes are very different, as we all know.

Now times objectively: smell bad, durability too good, sillage too strong, flacon unimaginative. Price-performance is good for lovers.
The name says it all...
...because exactly that shot me at the time through the head as I tested a sample of it and perceived this beautiful, spicy top note: "Wow!"
Since the base then already rather went into the sweetness (by vanilla and tonka bean) I should have been disappointed, because I do not like too much sweetness.
But I wasn't. The spice remained and in the heart note came woody elements to it.
That fits with the sweetness.
For me, a clear proof that a perfume must not necessarily be expensive, here was created something great.
It took its time but finally I have me a bottle of it zugelegt. Even the convinced me, find this ring-like closure has something...
Have the fragrance already recommended a colleague. He wanted of course what "good but cheap"...
he is also very satisfied.

Sweet little brother
Fahrenheit has a little brother. His name is Joop and Wow! He looks like his big brother, he just has a lot to learn and mature in life.

Smells like they toom the fahrenheit base and added some vanilla syrup.

Good work takes time.
Smells pretty nice tho, worth a spray.
How a good relationship
Only my second comment on this platform, but a thoughtful one. As already SaSu77 before me aptly said: "Gets better and better"!
I've had Joop Wow! in my closet for a good three years now, wearing it every now and then, but never really paying attention to it. At times, I even found it quite exhausting, because it seemed a bit stiflingly sweet to me. Since I'm now a little more interested in fragrances and not just wear them "so you just smell like something", I also gave Wow! another chance. And it deserved it. Initially, I had to come to terms with the sweetness of the vanilla, which I had already criticized earlier, but after a short while my nose was able to focus on the other notes as well. And this is where the true potential lies dormant: the fragrance is simply super spicy! And then again, the sweetness goes super well with that. Especially in autumn and winter I really like to wear Wow! now. And it definitely allows closeness, which means my environment likes it very much... And that without an acclimatization phase!
As soon as spring knocks I will definitely switch back to fresher, greener scents, but in the current cozy time I'm very happy with Joop. It just fits perfectly into the cold days. And for the money, you definitely can't complain. Only the durability is a little weak with me: After four hours, you have to smell directly on my neck to be able to perceive it. But that's okay
Gets better and better
Is ne real surprise in my collection. I had the fragrance once received as a sample and found her very interesting and quite inexpensive.

After the acquisition, I must admit, however, that I perceived the fragrance at first rather average and used it but rarely.

Since a few weeks I wear the fragrance gladly against evening for dinner or watching a movie on. My wife likes the scent very much and I smell him in the meantime also incredibly happy. Has something totally cozy in itself as I find.

After the first spray he comes across very spicy, but then develops into a good mix of spicy woody fresh. A really nice fragrance and for the price absolutely recommendable.

Correction
Say what you will, but since the Richie again more in
He's changed somehow. Not only;
he's always quoting wildly - Strindberg, Brecht,
Schnitzler, Bernhard... nothing is' safe from him. Even otherwise
he seems to me somehow different.
The other day we met in our regular café and I.. i notice that he smells of something interesting I bit closer to him and just say, "Wow!"
He looks at me in amazement.
"Gentlemen, you are good!"
"Well, I don't know...today I haven't done a good deed
accomplished..."
"Quark! I mean, how quickly you realized that..."
"How do you like...?"
"Well, the perfume! What else?"
"I did? Fine. Well, I think it's quite good, soft and
discreet, but also somehow peculiar..."
"You dumbass, that's "Wow" by old Joop..."
Honestly am now only times briefly speechless.
Had the sometime tested and as weak
in memory.
"Really now...?
"Sure! Wow is kind of a borderline. Raynaud,
he can cross borders quite well. See also at L'Eau d'Issey.
First seemingly a harmless freshman and then a
secret powerhouse even with some edge. And
Violets he can do too. Look at Simply, there's the
Violet is as elegantly fitted as the cuts of the good Jil.
"You've got a point there..."
Now Richie's really getting into a dozing mood.
"Anyway, the wow kind of rummages in all the terrains,
but he never puts his foot in his mouth. Somehow
he always scrapes just before the curve somewhere else. Freshness
with bergamot is quickly turned with cardamom in the direction
Edible turned, but then from violets downright
verblümt, and rather tart, not directly fahrenheitig,
but in a similar spirit. Only -so that also does not remain,
because a fine spiciness or resinousness smuggles
i'm thinking of Potion, a kind of magic balm Magic Balsam, if's de so want. In addition still forest
romanticism with some fir character. But before it's too
clear, is also circumnavigated again, now by wood and
some vanilla.
I sniff now but again a little more closely at the good
Richie.
"And without the usual 100 times-gerochene Woody-Amber-
sweetness," I add, not without very slight euphoria.
"Exactly! Almost creamy for that. Cosy one calls that but
gladly, at least in home magazines. Although the bad word
"Cashmeran on the package insert is.. "Well, in the end, such things are just words..."
"Anyway, it's also strangely versatile, you can almost always
wear, like a parka. Or a kind of shirt jacket..."
"No, the right word is rather passepartout," I
interject."
"Exactly!"
"And another thing - it's somehow neither quite synthetic
nor quite natural...rather synthetic ornatural..."
"I can understand that. Man, Richie, I think about the
i've judged too quickly..."
"Don't worry about it. You won't be real smart until you learn.. to stop falling for your own tricks." "Where did you get that from again?"
"Never mind. What's special, by the way, is the radiation
behavior. I would not directly call sillage, the
creates more so an aura, very pleasant, never penetrating.
Subliminal, but still somewhere perceptible, an
Atmosphere of mild woody-creamy semi-sweetness, a
bit like a childhood memory of a bakery-
breath...
"Poet-Richie I shall call you from now on..."
"Oh, what..."
"Just that name... "Wow", it's really uh...
slightly stupid...", I can't help but
to remark.
"Maybe "Boah Ey" would have been better. If already,
then already..."
"Yeah, maybe. But not as an edt or edp. Only as Absolut.
And then pronounced in German and in fashionable small
spelling...
"Right. "boah ey absolut!" That's what I'm talking about..."
"Right, with an exclamation mark!"

Now he reaches into his inside pocket and pulls out.. the bottle, which is still quite full.
"Here - I'll give you this!"
"Excuse me? And you...?"
"I'll get a new one later. It doesn't cost that much." "Really? Gentlemen... thank you!"
"You know, I always think of that line..." "Which one do you mean?"
"Of all I had, all I had left was what I gave away..."
"Nice closing, Richie!"
"Thank you!"
"I have to say thank you, but really!"
"Aw shucks! I've got to go now... take care!"
Already he's putting on his sailor jacket, tapping
taps me on the shoulder and disappears
NiceSmell
A classic reinterpreted or copied?
I had seen the Joop Wow here in the souk as an offer and wanted to smell it again before a possible buy. The next day off to the perfumery... Well... what can I say. He wasn't really my cup of tea at the time. He is tart, masculine and in my eyes a classic scent. It's more for the older man than for the funky teenager
Then I could dust a sample and wore it again today and longer. I have to admit, I like it a little better now. It is and remains a classic fragrance. I was convinced by the durability. After about 10 hours I still notice it. And that for this price. The silage does not change much and is quite ok. For me the price/performance ratio is right
It also reminds me a little of Dior Fahrenheit. Could it be?
Haven't smelled Fahrenheit in a while...

So all in all a good fragrance for older people who like it more masculine and classic
First Fie then Hui
Well, I must say, this scent really won me over the second time. I got it once from the turquoise store as a sample and must say, because he disappointed me, or maybe I was not at the thing when I sniffed him, I do not know it anymore ... well then I got it or my husband got it as a present and I was really surprised. And that positive. Since then the fragrance is a must in my collection. It reminds me of an autumn walk through a fir forest, I wear a Cahsmere sweater and the wind blows through my face, I hold a vanilla / chai latte refined with cardamom and the autumn leaves block my way ... at my side my husband, who wears exactly this scent ... we run to the forest hut and let the evening end together ....

To be honest, I have to say he reminds me a lot of Dior Fahrenheit. But I like that one a lot, too
KevinGrey
From the herb mix to the nutty party animal
My first test on paper strips left me undecided how I should find it. Herbaceous, a little nutty then later and not long lasting ... hm!

So I tested it again on the forearm:

It opens up as a wild but interesting herb mix with strong silage.

After 2 to 3 hours I find myself in a strong silage with the Joop-typical sweetness, garnished with interesting spice and a slightly gourmand touch in the background. Quite exciting. The sweet smell with spiciness makes it interesting for me. He has similarities with Mr. Sharp from La Rive, who also has this spicy sweetness. But the Wow also has the gourmand note, which makes it more interesting. There is a certain similarity to God's night, but this marriage is sweeter, less nutty and spicier. So I wouldn't call Wow a Dupe.
If God's night had lasted longer, I would still have worn it in the office. Not this one.

In the fourth hour he goes into the drydown. The silage is now very weak or very close. But now he has become nutty-malty. So he goes more into the gourmand area and out of the sweetness. If he had been like this from the beginning, I could have imagined him as an office fragrance... Reminds me now of the drydown of God's night...

After 5 hours, it has become nutty-woody and is still very close to the skin and can be warmed.

Is now within the first 4 hours not exactly an office scent, but something to go out, a party scent
Now that's a Joop I actually like. For me as a party scent, it's definitely worth adding, but only in a small quantity (maybe a 10ml bottle or a miniature) for little money, because I would use it only rarely.
Self-confident, spicy character!
The fragrance has a spicy character that is really pleasant to the palate. In the beginning it almost takes you by surprise, but once it is on your skin a nice, warm scent spreads. Wear this fragrance now for about 2 years and have already emptied 3 bottles. For me he is an all-rounder - I can do it in the office, at dinner, at home and even at events. My girlfriend LOVES this fragrance on me - although I am more the sporty, fresh type. My male environment has done the same for me and ordered the scent of perception directly. He makes it clear that the wearer is a man with character and heart. A confidence pusher!

AntonioPORTAntonioPORT 2 years ago
I decided to give WOW a full wear and what a surprise it was! Vibrant, energetic and sweet for a great scent experience. Loved it.

by Benedikt2019
by Blade86
by Itchynose
by Itchynose

Popular Joop!

Nuit d'été (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! What About Adam (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Joop! Homme Absolute by Joop! Berlin (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Nightflight (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Le Bain (Eau de Parfum) by Joop! Wow! for Men (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Joop! Joop! Femme (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Joop! Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Joop! Nuit d'été (Parfum) by Joop! Joop! Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Joop! Go by Joop! Joop! Jump (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Wow! for Women (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Joop! Joop! Thrill Man by Joop! Le Bain Soft Moments by Joop! Joop! Homme Ice by Joop! Rococo for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Joop! Homme Wild by Joop! All About Eve (Eau de Parfum) by Joop!