Wow! for Men 2017Eau de Toilette

Wow! for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Joop!
Wow! for Men (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Joop! for men and was released in 2017. The scent is spicy-sweet. It is being marketed by Coty. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Cardamom, Violet
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeranium, Fir balsam, Vetiver
Base Notes Base NotesCashmeran, Tonka bean, Vanilla

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 21.10.2020.

The face of the advertising campaign is model Swann de Falco, filmed by Olivier Dahan.

KevinGrey
From the herb mix to the nutty party animal
My first test on paper strips left me undecided how I should find it. Herbaceous, a little nutty then later and not long lasting ... hm!

So I tested it again on the forearm:

It opens up as a wild but interesting herb mix with strong silage.

After 2 to 3 hours I find myself in a strong silage with the Joop-typical sweetness, garnished with interesting spice and a slightly gourmand touch in the background. Quite exciting. The sweet smell with spiciness makes it interesting for me. He has similarities with Mr. Sharp from La Rive, who also has this spicy sweetness. But the Wow also has the gourmand note, which makes it more interesting. There is a certain similarity to God's night, but this marriage is sweeter, less nutty and spicier. So I wouldn't call Wow a Dupe.
If God's night had lasted longer, I would still have worn it in the office. Not this one.

In the fourth hour he goes into the drydown. The silage is now very weak or very close. But now he has become nutty-malty. So he goes more into the gourmand area and out of the sweetness. If he had been like this from the beginning, I could have imagined him as an office fragrance... Reminds me now of the drydown of God's night...

After 5 hours, it has become nutty-woody and is still very close to the skin and can be warmed.

Is now within the first 4 hours not exactly an office scent, but something to go out, a party scent
Now that's a Joop I actually like. For me as a party scent, it's definitely worth adding, but only in a small quantity (maybe a 10ml bottle or a miniature) for little money, because I would use it only rarely.
Self-confident, spicy character!
The fragrance has a spicy character that is really pleasant to the palate. In the beginning it almost takes you by surprise, but once it is on your skin a nice, warm scent spreads. Wear this fragrance now for about 2 years and have already emptied 3 bottles. For me he is an all-rounder - I can do it in the office, at dinner, at home and even at events. My girlfriend LOVES this fragrance on me - although I am more the sporty, fresh type. My male environment has done the same for me and ordered the scent of perception directly. He makes it clear that the wearer is a man with character and heart. A confidence pusher!
4.5
Just had luck again ...
because this almost became one of my innumerable blind purchases, luckily I got a sample of the fragrance from Douglas before .
Where do I start? The fragrance is INTENSIVE Woody, and woody again, then I smell fir needles and something earthy.
I lasted 45 minutes, then I had to wash off the scent .
And even after that, and after I sprayed Gyvenchi Pi over it, you still smelled that woody note. Here is the fragrance would be woody/sweet ? So I couldn't smell anything of the sweet even after the good 40 minutes .
Already immediately after spraying on remembered me the smell of something ... I knew only long time not at what .
Some of you will smile for sure !!!
My parents had a room fragrance in the bathroom a long time ago, there stood on the bottle ...ahh ...Sorry, I mean of course on the can ;-) "Fir scent"
Exactly this fragrance reminded me of this "perfume" , well , on the toilet mix there of course still other head notes with it , but there I do not want to go now closer to it !
Maybe this is one of the reasons why I find this perfume so repulsive ......and honestly it is NOT a perfume for me.
The Sillage is unfortunately quite strong, which probably also applies to the durability .
Fortunately I didn't buy it, so I can't say anything about the bottle
Benedikt2019
The thermal bath cleaning - a perfume novella
It's 8:30, it's ringing. The intercom tells him who his former visitor is: the plumber. Oh right, he thinks to himself, for today he had arranged an appointment for the maintenance of his spa. Fortunately he still loved home in the morning and didn't go to sports as planned. He hadn't made a note of the date.

Firm, standing steps rumble through the stairwell up to him. He lives on the third floor, so it takes some time before he sees the grey hair and looks into a face that changes between friendliness and morning displeasure. He is not particularly tall, has a wrinkled face, which is adorned by a light three-day beard. Hair and beard are silvery grey. The former he wears chin-long and boldly confused. How old do you think he is, he thinks. In his head, he agrees with himself on something in its late 50s.
After a hard, firm handshake, he shows him the kitchen, his current workplace. When he suddenly notices something. It is very clear, very strong, masculine and yet somehow playfully youthful: His PARFUM.

He thinks long and hard - he is a passionate perfume collector - which fragrance the Herr-Klemptner might be wearing. He is blown away by the scent, perceives it clearly and at a great distance from the wearer. Then, finally CLICK it: Joop - WOW! for Men! He had it himself once, and although he liked it so much, he sold it again to make room. But when he smelled the man again and noticed how great he actually looks, he was completely different. He suddenly noticed how great cardamom, fir balsam and tonkabone work together to create a spicy-sweet, slightly creamy-tart scent that got stuck somewhere between man and boy. He was a perfect match for this wearer and looked very masculine or underlined his masculinity. Since the plumber told him that he had already had 3 appointments before, he concluded that the fragrance seemed to linger on the wearer's skin for at least 2-3 hours. From this the realization rose up again in him that Joop WOW! is probably not such a lukewarm breeze after all, but has to show a Sillage lasting at least 3 hours, which is perceptible over an arm length. In fact, this scent - it seemed to him - is suitable as a signature scent. Mr Klempter could definitely use it as such!

The end of the story: The plumber left. Hands were shaken. Both the kitchen and the hallway smelled of Joop Homme WOW!, the feeling of security which that fragrance creates rose again in him. He picked up the laptop. Opened the website of Flaconi. Use a voucher and reorder the fragrance.

And the moral of the story: Perfume, what actually pleases, you better not sell! ;)

Dedicated to all who see more in this fragrance than a mass pleaser
The increase of WOW?
If there are paths in the mainstream world that deviate from the zeitgeist, it's worth the time for a comment. Because the Intense Flanker has just been released, it is immediately treated with a treatment in the course of a comparison.

The reason why I like this fragrance is that I have a weakness for woody amber fragrances. As long as they don't choke on cake spices. Basically Kiton Napoli's heart was ripped out of a fragrance I unfortunately only got to know after it was stopped, the citrus tones were ripped out of it, the lily of the valley simulation was reduced and the vanilla was set to light food.

The remaining corpus is for me a linear wooden amber tone, which was ventilated in a wonderful way. If I had reduced myself to a statement here, it would have been: "The magic is in the air". And what makes this fragrance outstanding for my nose is not the list of ingredients but its ability to change despite the linear basic impression. Sometimes a Wishky texture comes over, sometimes a nuance of tobacco and very consistently a touch of cherry. Never sticky or gourmandig, also not suffocating creamy, but airy whipped.

Adjusted for the factor of self-adaptation, the performance is 7-8 hours and thus within my usable radius without any problems. The projection is average with normal handling and therefore easy to use in everyday life.

So the handover to his new big brother. I wouldn't have needed any intentions here, because the direct comparison unfailingly reveals to me that here, too, a formula of its own was sent into the race. And this at the expense of the character independence of the original.

If cinnamon is already threatened in the pyramid (simply not one of my favorite scents), then usually its use is noticeable. A note that stands out strongly for me. The pool of cinnamon-heavy wooden scents, which fade out similarly, is significantly higher.

That's why I'd make the recommendation here: Those who like the EdT should rather overspray this than reach for the Intense. The DNA of the original is clearly disfigured by cinnamon, gently disfigured by iris.

But what I want to give the Flanker credit for is that he's not suffocating in sweetness. This character (of the EdT) could be maintained. The Intense version begins like a subtle butter biscuit, then smells of fresh concrete for a while and nestles tangentially to the DNA original of the WOW EdT. Always the cinnamon in the luggage, which in the overall impression very easily allows associations with other fragrances.

I cannot judge how doubling the concentration of EdT would have affected the fragrance itself. And whether the airiness that makes this fragrance interesting for me would have been lost to him.
Wow Intense is far from bad, but for someone who is at war with cinnamon, it is not a real permanent alternative.

For marketing purposes, advertising a fragrance as a "WOW" is a direct challenge to the mocking creativity of potential customers. Since fragrances have a lot to do with suggestion, this fragrance deserves a name that hasn't been brainstormed between parking lot and office.

There is no superlaive to WOW, except maybe Wau Wau"!
FrankTheTank
Wow! Effect? Definitely yes!
I discovered this scent thanks to a small sample that was put into my pocket at Douglas.

Even the text on the small orange "package insert", which promised scents of cardamom, vetiver, tonka and vanilla, triggered a certain anticipation in me. So I quickly sprayed it and there was really a wow: The freshness of the bergamot is quickly joined by the spice of the cardamom - but what is that? Softwood? Tanne? As a beginner in the world of fragrances, I would never have thought that fir balm would harmonize so well and smell so good in an EDT. But this combination together with the tonka and vanilla notes is very harmonious for my taste. The fir balsam stands out, but is not too dominant for my sensation.

After also my wife was directly impressed, I drove directly on the following day again to the turquoise to buy a large flacon Wow!.

All in all a very natural, down-to-earth fragrance, which gives me a feeling of comfort and contentment. I often wear it in the office because it's really unobtrusive. For my taste it could be even more powerful and last longer. Whereby at least my wife still notices him when I already have the feeling that he has already completely vanished.

For me, Wow! is definitely one of my favorites. Sometimes when I walk past the bottle, even when I'm wearing a different fragrance, I stop, take off the cap, briefly smell it and Zack, there it is again - that Wow! feeling ...
Geronimo
runs... and runs... and runs
So I find the fragrance quite unique and it gives me a pleasant feeling when I wear it. I sprayed Joops Wow on my chest at 7.00 this morning, now at 15 o'clock Wow is still very present, and this will probably not change until I get into the shower in the evening. At the moderate price I can make a recommendation with a clear conscience

A woodsy hug
To my nose there is a beautiful opening of warm spicy cardamom, velvety cashmere and a slightly sweet balsam fir that evoke neatly wrapped luxurious presents under the christmas tree.

Joop certainly went in a different direction with a fragrance that is more mature than their usual in a much better looking bottle than usual. Surprisingly though they still chose a rather juvenile name that doesn't seem to match this darker, woody scent. The sweetness here is not the sickly type found in Homme or Homme Wild but much more ambery and natural, with none of the teenage fun factor of the other Joop fragrances. The performance sadly is not like Homme or Homme Wild either and it's a shame the initial smooth top notes don't last longer, but the dry down is still very aromatic and enjoyable.

Wow may not have the celebrity status of Joop Homme but to me it's a more serious, versatile and wearable scent for the colder months.

Ernie824
Wow a wannabe CH for Men?
SOTD: Joop Wow: As of 01/03/19

My opinion review of Joop Wow is a nice scent has a bit the CH for Men similarities or scent DNA, but has a tone down vibe than CH for Men. I have the CH for Men the reformulation version and the newer design, when sniff both of them really similar but different. Wow didn't wow me, but made me rethink on who to reach for on occasions. Liked the balanced scent of cashmere, Vanilla and Tonka bean. Is a must have in any collection if you don't have CH for Men reformulation or OG.

Rating

Scent: 7.5/10
Presentation/Design: 8.5/10
Value: 6.5/10
Performance/Longevity: 8.5/10: Duration on my skin pushing close to 14+ hrs
Overall: 7.5/10
JourneyHH
How some tear him apart..
... is incomprehensible to me. A matter of taste, of course, but if I look at some comments here. Well...
He reminds me a little of Dior Fahrenheit. Certainly not so high quality and also the durability is not the best but I think it's great just because you don't smell it at every corner. There are so many great perfumes but you can also smell them felt on every man (e.g. Dior Sauvage and Co.), which makes Joop Wow so to speak "unique". I was asked about the perfume several times, always positively. I recommend a multiple test. Just with the skin and clothes he reacts wonderfully/beautifully

AntonioPORTAntonioPORT 9 months ago
I decided to give WOW a full wear and what a surprise it was! Vibrant, energetic and sweet for a great scent experience. Loved it.

by Benedikt2019
by Blade86
by Itchynose
by Itchynose

Popular Joop!

Nuit d'été (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! What About Adam (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Joop! Homme Absolute by Joop! Berlin (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Nuit d'été (Parfum) by Joop! Le Bain (Eau de Parfum) by Joop! Nightflight (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Wow! for Men (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Joop! Joop! Femme (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Joop! Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Joop! Go by Joop! Joop! Jump (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Joop! Thrill Man by Joop! Rococo for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Le Bain Soft Moments by Joop! Joop! Homme Wild by Joop! All About Eve (Eau de Parfum) by Joop! Joop! Homme Ice by Joop! Rococo (Eau de Parfum) by Joop! Wow! for Women (Eau de Toilette) by Joop!