Joop! Homme Ice 2020

Joop! Homme Ice by Joop!
Joop! Homme Ice is a new perfume by Joop! for men and was released in 2020. The scent is sweet-fruity. It is being marketed by Coty.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Grapefruit, Plum, Clary sage
Heart Notes Heart NotesOrange blossom, Cardamom, Tobacco
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwood

Submitted by Dj2904, last update on 10.10.2020.

DieOrange78
A touch of icy-fruity freshness
Joop Ice, a still new fragrance, was released for sale towards the end of April. As soon as I heard about it, I was already captivated. With the scents and chords created, it is sometimes not easy to guess where a perfume wants to go. Joop Ice, however, makes clear announcements and I found them already at the first application.

The overall concept goes in the direction of the ice chest. Many people probably know it. The ice chest from the supermarket. When you operate the sliding door and a mixture of fruit and caramel notes arrive on an icy train.
You shouldn't make the mistake of hoping for a new classic joop in a modern guise. The classic one is still around. Ice is a modern composition that takes on classic ideas - vanilla, tobacco, cardamom, orange blossom. Such ingredients can often be found in all kinds of men's perfumes from then until today. The composition as a whole makes this fragrance. And it keeps its promises. Throws me back to my childhood. Nor do I know of any other fragrance that goes anywhere near that way. In case of an external emergency I would feel compelled to compare Joop Ice with Versace The Dreamer, because this scent could be a source of inspiration. Nevertheless: The Joop brand carries the banner. The ice cream chest is best opened on warmer days, of course. But also in spring, when the longing for warmer days increases, I want to reach for it.

The durability on the skin is unfortunately, as so often, also a question of your own body chemistry and hygiene. With me Joop Ice comes quite on six hours. That's a decent amount for a summer EDT and much more than the normal "freshies" I use. Normally I can count on two to three hours for something like Cool Water. Joop Ice lasts longer and is also a great concept. Also this scent doesn't radiate very far. I would allow this perfume to have a little more radius, but then I'm still very satisfied. Somehow, more personal fragrances have something stimulating about them
So if you don't want to bother yourself with the usual soap, shower gel or other old-fashioned scents next summer, you are welcome to stay here while stocks last.

MfG
The Orange78
Massa
Joop Homme Ice - unfortunately not the quality like Joop Homme!
If you think like me, because Joop Homme has a good shelf life and a decent silage, you're wrong about this fragrance, too. I will rate the fragrance itself with 8, durability and Sillage deserve at most 5 points each. A real pity. I tested the fragrance in our perfumery for a short time, was thrilled and unfortunately bought it immediately. But after wearing it for the first time I was very disappointed - after about 2 hours I couldn't smell anything anymore, Joop Ice was not enough for a compliment for the good scents I get here and there!
Prada L'homme in weak
Today I tested the new Joop on the left and the Prade L'homme on the right at Drogerie Müller. At 2.30 pm I sprayed them both. The scent is almost completely similar to the Prada. Very clean, clean as fresh laundry. Only the intensity is at least one level below that of Prada. I personally like it very much. With a sender N...o it is at present for 42,00€ minus 20% discount minus my 5% customer discount thus for 31,50 € to have. For 120 ml a real snapper. Scent comparison now at 20.00 clock. Prada still well perceptible, Joop only very close to the body to smell. One sprays just after. Good and still recommendable.
Cute? Yes. Bad? NO!!!
Not so easy to test a fragrance in the current situation, but this one you can easily smell through 3 masks.

Beside this one it was the WRITER , the AQUAMAN of Davidoff and 2 of Yves Saint Laurent .
I wore the AVIATOR from Paris Bleu today by the way......then I applied 3 more fragrances to test, but ONLY the Joop Homme ICE got stuck in my nose In my opinion an exceptionally good spring/summer scent, but which is definitely UNISEX To be honest, this time I find it quite difficult to describe this fragrance in any way, so I do it by classifying it Fresh / Sweet / Fruity / Woody / Aquatic with a touch of powder ...this is probably the best way to describe him.
The Sillage is VERY powerful, and equal to the UR HOMME, the durability also seems to be quite good, because even after a shower, he is still well warmer A direct comparison to the normal HOMME can not be drawn here, it is not so that you just throw the HOMME with COOL WATER in a pot, and out comes HOMME ICE.
TESTING is definitely worthwhile here !!!
Micha1984
A bit off the name but still good!
As a child of the 80s and 90s, I have known the Joop brand for a long time. My parents wore the Pink Urvater in the early 90s and were huge fans of this then so strong fragrance. I remember that before my parents left, both of them always fogged themselves in with it and left a pink cloud of scent after leaving the apartment. This lasted forever and I was already very fond of this scent as a child and always sniffed after the scent. Many years later, when I was old enough and had the appropriate change, there was always a Joop fragrance in the house next to Dior's Fahrenheit. My first Joop was the green GO! which I had extremely celebrated back then. With his great rhubarb note, he was a very uniqe person, with moderate H+S. I also had Joop Wild in the form of a sample, but I didn't buy him (I can't remember the reason). Since then, a lot of time has gone by and I was less impressed by Joop fragrances, as I had concentrated more on other brands. Recently I was on the road again a little bit on Fragrantica and discovered the blue brother of the primeval rock. Joop Ice in beautiful blue and then with plum? It was immediately clear that I had to test it. My expectations were rather reserved, something like that, well... probably a typical blue one with Joop DNA. So I took the chance when I discovered him in a perfumery on my last shopping tour and gave him a chance. That was a good thing because Joop is not bad and I bought him right away. The opening is dominated by a fruity, slightly sour and discreetly cool chord, but it has nothing to do with Ice in any way. How Joop came up with the name is beyond me? The name Ice would be more appropriate for the bottle than for its contents. Nevertheless, it comes along with a nice fresh kick in the first few minutes. As soon as the citrus fruits have warped a bit, it becomes slightly sweet in the top note, which immediately reminds me of chewing gum. After about 1h the middle is reached and the fragrance changes into a subtle sweetness, which is still accompanied by a little freshness. I don't notice the indicated tobacco here, but a little bit of cardamom. The base plays itself in this way bit by bit and the sandalwood and cardamom unite. Here I find that one can draw some slight parallels to the original. The durability is 6-7h with 4 sprayers depending on the weather. The sillage is very good, and even after 2-3h and with 4 sprayers on the neck I still get compliments for it. While we are on the subject of pleasing, the scent itself has been very well received so far. Compliments are definitely in with this Joop. In summary, it remains to say that Joop has not reinvented the wheel here, but has released a thoroughly beautiful and round everyday fresh. I think he will be a good alternative for office and leisure. Test it in any case, maybe one or the other will like it as much as I do
Time travel
JOOP! homme original DNA from 1989 present, while the '89 scent has "suffered" in recent years (color and fragrance), especially the sweetness (89-er reminds many of sweet cherries) and color (formerly reddish). JOOP! homme ice has this "original" sweet cherry scent, which is not dominated or displaced by cinnamon. Also reminds a bit of the (failed) JOOP! thrill.

A JOOP! that is once again "fun" (after JOOP! Go) and if you miss JOOP! Thrill (because of the cherry) and JOOP! Homme from 1989, try JOOP! Homme Ice, maybe you will also experience this time travel ;o)
JOOP! homme ice "gets" the hang of it without being annoyed by lemon, cinnamon or a synthetic substance (some smell like metal) after an hour. Seems rounder than the - unfortunately - modified 89 scent and not as aggressive as many current lemon concentrate scents (in Homme Ice I fortunately don't smell anything of lemon).

If you like heavy scents and like JOOP! home and JOOP! thrill, you might like JOOP! home ice, just try it. Have fun!
Ice Ice Shady
Joop! Homme is on again The pink classic was never gone, but it was clearly sagging in the 00s. But now for some time now the flankers and offshoots seem to be bought and (un)asked for - and some of them are even recommendable, like the black "Absolute". Even if this one had hardly anything to do with the original and should have been released under a new name. And of course the thumb goes down a few times, like in the "Sport" belly landing, but in general this potent king of yesteryear is definitely back on deck and is about to get his name. So what does this new "Ice" have on it? A cool guy or an icy disappointment?

"Joop! Homme Ice" again has very little to do with the pink ripper from back then, perhaps in its syrupy sweetness. Apart from that, it's rather a musty-interesting (and at the same time somehow citrusy) tobacco/cardamom scent, with almost no "icy" associations and therefore I don't find the name too fitting. But the fragrance and I do fit together much better. A rather weird combination of scratchiness and balm, of ashtray and shisha, of grey suit and hubba bubba. This will certainly burp some people really badly, you can tear it up in the air if you want to or if you can't arrange or make friends with it. But I find him exciting, charming, daring. At least. At least that. Cardamom and orange blossom both trump up a lot, neither wants to let the other go first. Somewhere in the vast no man's land between "Fleur du Male", "La Nuit de L'Homme" and "Tabarome", thoughts of "Hugo" or even "Tabac Original" come to mind. Only with this fat sugar glaze, which rolls up the actually rather harsh DNA in a contrary way, rejuvenates it, almost makes it suitable for clubs. I kind of like it. Maybe it's because I'm a plum fan and this one also floats above everything. Juicy, dripping, sticky. But never annoying me. A cool scent. Just never a hint of icy...

Flacon: a little boring blue, at least matching the theme, usual shape
Sillage: not as loud as the pink one, but louder than some other flankers
Durability: does not disappear too quickly - 6-9 hours

Conclusion: interesting, distinctive, sweet, slightly citric, with clear Joop Homme DNA. And yet quite different. Finally, something daring. Not everyone is going to like it. Well, I will. I think I will. Strange hybrid. Attractive or repulsive. Testing!

by Pistazieneis
by Pistazieneis
by Noche27
by Noche27
by Micha1984
by Micha1984

Popular Joop!

Nuit d'été (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! What About Adam (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Joop! Homme Absolute by Joop! Wow! for Men (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Joop! Berlin (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Nuit d'été (Parfum) by Joop! Le Bain (Eau de Parfum) by Joop! Nightflight (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Joop! Femme (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Wow! for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Joop! Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Joop! Go by Joop! Joop! Jump (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Joop! Thrill Man by Joop! Rococo for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Joop! Le Bain Soft Moments by Joop! Joop! Homme Wild by Joop! All About Eve (Eau de Parfum) by Joop! Rococo (Eau de Parfum) by Joop! Wow! for Women (Eau de Toilette) by Joop!