Arborist 2019

Arborist by Jorum Studio
Arborist is a popular perfume by Jorum Studio for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is spicy-woody. It is still available to purchase.

Euan McCall

LabdanumLabdanum
SpikenardSpikenard
MaltMalt
LichenLichen

Submitted by R3mt9, last update on 09.01.2022.

A dark osmanth
I like that a cheerful and bright note in the collective imagination is overshadowed by deep and dark notes, making me come out of total comfort for a moment. In this case it is the osmanthus absolute with its pastel apricot color that takes on a material tone, burnished by green and dark brown sponging. Honey and quince, hints of malt distillation, peat, coniferous woods, suggest rural sensations of a bush at dusk, damp and with the mist that confuses the way back towards reassuring smoking chimneys. But there is also a large presence of leather, skin and human activities: tenacious forearms burned by the sun and marked by work, overalls soiled with lubricating oil, boots. I am reminded of the idea of ​​returning home, after a strenuous working day, with all the smells still on and a whiskey in hand to ward off anguish and evening demons.
The tree - a reflection
Jorum Studio didn't tell me anything until I read the first statements from the esteemed user, who is always drawn to the stars. During an order in Spain, where I was allowed to choose two-digit samples, I thought of Jorum but chose others. In the following as annoying to evaluate. But: our astral wanderer provided me with several samples (many thanks!) and especially with Arborist I am very grateful. In fact, one could apply the motto per aspera ad Astra in the sense of "toil" until the Scottish fragrances open up, to Jorum Studio. Arborist will be derived from the Latin arbor, meaning tree. So if the Latinum is finally worth the effort. The title is very apt, I should mention that here.
Now that I've talked so much smart, what does Arborist smell like? In my statement, I said this is a mixture of Arso and the harsh opening of the current Bowmakers version. In fact, Arborist is very close to the Bowmakers' snappy undertone, which may be due to the different resins of spruce, Douglas fir and also the Indian nard, which is ethereal and balsamic. This has a calming effect on the one hand, but on the other hand it is already clear here that this is not a perfume for the masses.
The fragrance has a very earthy character, which suggests that lichen may mean oakmoss. Plus a slight fungal character, which I think I can identify. Also the mugwort as a very aromatic ingredient plays a part. All in all an absolutely great blend, which is very herbaceous and hits the tree theme well.
Now Parfumo introduces many lovely scents on respectively floral ingredients and even honey. I cannot claim to perceive only one note of it individually. What I do notice, however, is the charming and lovely scent, which for a few moments at the beginning gives way to the rough-and-ready and characteristic components. So it is quite possible that the tuberose, the honey and all the others merely represent the Allegro at the beginning of this work.
According to this, Arborist is also very theme scent. Little change and progressing linearly. Well: I don't see Arso in the fragrance itself as much as I have to admit after long testing. Where Arso euphemistically transfigures the atmospheric forest with all its facets and recites it as a beautiful poem, Arborist is no less beautiful in the execution of the work, but he is more expert in his recitation with authentic and therefore less dreamy elements.
All in all, a well-balanced scent that is worth a test, if you have a weakness for perfumes of this kind. Otherwise, for the first contact with "woody" works, one should dedicate oneself to the arsos of this world. My evaluation is made in consideration of my absolute appreciation for this fragrance, even if I will stay with the other two mentioned perfumes. This is very prosaic, too scientific as far as I'm concerned.

Arborist by Jorum Studio, edp spray sample
Sprayed scent on crooks of arms and torso and spread to wrists, as usual, and found the scent differed according to the location.
Initial impression, wrists/arms: fresh slightly mentholated 'shady' green - not high-pitched.
Initial impression, torso (warmer!): fresh with anise/fennel seeds to the fore.
Overall initial impression: low-key clean and cool fragrance, possibly suggestive of men's wash-kits. A hum of woods apparent as scent warmed on wrists and arms but the anise/fennel was more apparent on torso.
4-5 hours later, arms had hints of soft, subtle woody skin scent, delicate and pleasant.
Torso had the warm anise, very airy and diffuse but charming.
Overall, very civilised, and a welcome fresh and subtle scent on a humid and thundery day. Again, unisex but favouring the masculine side given the current trends in mainstream perfume.
I can see that this could pair nicely with 'Carduus', which would bring more spice and liquorice to fill out 'Arborist'.

by Bubobubo17
by Bubobubo17
by Weihrauch
by Weihrauch
by Carboytony
by Carboytony

Popular Jorum Studio

Psychoterratica III by Jorum Studio Fantosmia by Jorum Studio Carduus by Jorum Studio Trimerous by Jorum Studio Medullary-ray by Jorum Studio Athenaeum by Jorum Studio Phloem by Jorum Studio Psychoterratica II by Jorum Studio Nectary by Jorum Studio Pentimento by Jorum Studio Psychoterratica I by Jorum Studio Elegy by Jorum Studio