Black Musk for Men (2009) Cologne

Black Musk for Men (Cologne) by Jōvan

Black Musk for Men (Cologne) is a perfume by Jōvan for men and was released in 2009. The scent is sweet-synthetic. It is being marketed by Coty.

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin, Tagetes, Violet leaf
Heart Notes Heart NotesLavender, Bamboo, Cypress
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Fossilized amber, Labdanum

Submitted by Nikodemus, last update on 13.07.2019

5.0 5.0 2.5 3.0/10

Gmmcnair
I finally understand what laundry detergent musk is! :(
I have usually had a lot of respect for Jovan stuff over the years. I like Sex Appeal, Jovan Musk for Men, White Musk for Men, the long discontinued Jovan Sport Scent, and Satisfaction for Men. So I was excited to see a new product show up in the Jovan line. Sadly, I was disappointed.

Black Musk opens with a flowery, berry sweet kind of scent. The notes are too plastic,synthetic, and muddled to really tell what's going on, other than some cheap lavender. The musk base isn't satisfying either. While not precisely a scrubber, I found nothing particularly pleasant about this scent.

I think the final nail in its coffin for me was when I sprayed my chest after putting on a shirt washed in Tide and rinsed in Downy (April Fresh). It was difficult to tell where the shirt ended and the cologne began. I had read several people's critical reviews talking about laundry detergent musk, and finally I understood. This one is classic detergent and softener, and not how I want to smell.

Thankfully, longevity is poor at about 3 hours on my skin, so I didn't have to have a hot scrubbing shower to remove it. I will probably use it up as linen spray...it would work fine for that. Overall rating 2/10.

Firasmalanzy 16 months ago
I tried this one, good at the opening smell clean and fresh but it doesn't hold and the sillage is very week but still good.+1
3.0

by Firasmalanzy
by Mossawir
by Mossawir

Popular Jōvan

Musk Oil by Jōvan Sex Appeal for Men (Cologne) by Jōvan White Musk for Women by Jōvan Musk for Men (Cologne) by Jōvan Black Musk by Jōvan Musk Oil Island Musk by Jōvan White Silk by Jōvan White Musk for Men (Cologne) by Jōvan Black Musk (2014) by Jōvan Silky Rose by Jōvan Black Musk for Men (Cologne) by Jōvan Musk for Women by Jōvan Musk Oil Tropical Musk by Jōvan Musk Oil for Men by Jōvan Musk Oil Gold Musk by Jōvan Intense Oud by Jōvan Island Gardenia by Jōvan Satisfaction for Women by Jōvan Satisfaction for Men by Jōvan Ginseng N.R.G. (Cologne) by Jōvan