Black Musk for Men 2009 Cologne

Black Musk for Men (Cologne) by Jōvan
6.2 / 10 25 Ratings
Black Musk for Men (Cologne) is a perfume by Jōvan for men and was released in 2009. The scent is sweet-synthetic. It is being marketed by Coty.

Main accords

Sweet
Synthetic
Powdery
Fruity
Fresh

Fragrance Pyramid

Top Notes Top Notes Mandarin orangeMandarin orange TagetesTagetes Violet leafViolet leaf
Heart Notes Heart Notes LavenderLavender BambooBamboo CypressCypress
Base Notes Base Notes MuskMusk Fossilised amberFossilised amber LabdanumLabdanum
Submitted by Nikodemus, last update on 28.11.2022.

1 in-depth fragrance description
2.5

Gmmcnair
I finally understand what laundry detergent musk is! :(
I have usually had a lot of respect for Jovan stuff over the years. I like Sex Appeal, Jovan Musk for Men, White Musk for Men, the long discontinued Jovan Sport Scent, and Satisfaction for Men. So I was excited to see a new product show up in the Jovan line. Sadly, I was disappointed.

Black Musk opens with a flowery, berry sweet kind of scent. The notes are too plastic,synthetic, and muddled to really tell what's going on, other than some cheap lavender. The musk base isn't satisfying either. While not precisely a scrubber, I found nothing particularly pleasant about this scent.

I think the final nail in its coffin for me was when I sprayed my chest after putting on a shirt washed in Tide and rinsed in Downy (April Fresh). It was difficult to tell where the shirt ended and the cologne began. I had read several people's critical reviews talking about laundry detergent musk, and finally I understood. This one is classic detergent and softener, and not how I want to smell.

Thankfully, longevity is poor at about 3 hours on my skin, so I didn't have to have a hot scrubbing shower to remove it. I will probably use it up as linen spray...it would work fine for that. Overall rating 2/10.

1 short view on the fragrance
FirasmalanzyFirasmalanzy 5 years ago
I tried this one, good at the opening smell clean and fresh but it doesn't hold and the sillage is very week but still good.

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Images

4 fragrance photos of the community

Popular by Jōvan

White Musk for Women by Jōvan Musk Oil by Jōvan Sex Appeal for Men (Cologne) by Jōvan Musk for Men (Cologne) by Jōvan Musk Oil Island Musk by Jōvan White Silk by Jōvan Musk for Men (Aftershave) by Jōvan White Musk for Men (Cologne) by Jōvan Musk Oil for Men by Jōvan Musk Oil Gold Musk by Jōvan Black Musk (2009) by Jōvan Island Gardenia by Jōvan Ginseng N.R.G. (Cologne) by Jōvan Musk for Women by Jōvan Silky Rose by Jōvan Secret Amber by Jōvan Intense Oud by Jōvan Andron for Man by Jōvan Jōvan Woman by Jōvan Musk Oil Tropical Musk by Jōvan