Musk for Men (1973) Cologne

Musk for Men (Cologne) by Jōvan

Musk for Men (Cologne) is a perfume by Jōvan for men and was released in 1973. The scent is spicy-animal. It is being marketed by Coty.

Murray Moscona

Top Notes Top NotesCarnation, Lemon, Lime, Pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesLavender, Amber, Mint, Spices
Base Notes Base NotesWoody notes, Musk

Submitted by Chemist, last update on 05.09.2019

6.0 8.0 7.0 7.0/10

Hitchslap
Musk by Jovan, this is simplicity.
Great old scent that is rather linear.

Sure it does not mature, have a varied nuance or "evolve" but it reminds you of what "old school" scent is all about.

I pair it with Agua Lavanda body wash and I smell like I just stepped out of a great old barbershop.

Smells the same as it did back in the 70's when I was a child.
6.0 6.0 7.0 9.0/10

Helpful Review
The Perfect White Musk...
This fragrance is the cleanest musk fragrance I have ever smelled. Simply put, it can be worn at any place, any time, anywhere.

It reminds me of clean, floral musks which are often my favourite category of fragrance. Simply superb. For the price this is one which is hard to beat in terms of smell and experience. I think as long as you do not expect something of amazing niche quality here, you can be on to a guaranteed winner.

I find this can be worn dressed up, dressed down, and in pretty much any situation. I also detect lavender, some carnation and maybe something along the line of white pepper, with a clean, fresh, citrus musky vibe.

This is a great one which I would personally reach for in any occasion. For the price, I would recommend it for men of any age. A great one which I like very much.

by Couchlock
by Couchlock
by Gumschel
by Gumschel
by Pharaoh
by Pharaoh

Popular Jōvan

Musk Oil by Jōvan Sex Appeal for Men (Cologne) by Jōvan White Musk for Women by Jōvan Musk for Men (Cologne) by Jōvan Black Musk by Jōvan Musk Oil Island Musk by Jōvan White Silk by Jōvan White Musk for Men (Cologne) by Jōvan Black Musk (2014) by Jōvan Silky Rose by Jōvan Black Musk for Men (Cologne) by Jōvan Musk for Women by Jōvan Musk Oil Tropical Musk by Jōvan Musk Oil for Men by Jōvan Musk Oil Gold Musk by Jōvan Intense Oud by Jōvan Island Gardenia by Jōvan Satisfaction for Women by Jōvan Satisfaction for Men by Jōvan Ginseng N.R.G. (Cologne) by Jōvan