Musk for Men 1973 Cologne

Musk for Men (Cologne) by Jōvan
Musk for Men (Cologne) is a perfume by Jōvan for men and was released in 1973. The scent is spicy-animal. It is being marketed by Coty.

Murray Moscona

Top Notes Top NotesCarnationCarnation LemonLemon LimeLime PepperPepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesLavenderLavender AmberAmber MintMint SpicesSpices
Base Notes Base NotesWoody notesWoody notes MuskMusk

Submitted by Chemist, last update on 22.03.2022.

Vintage musky beast
One of the greats from the drugstore genre that graced the shelves of many a man during the 1970s and 80s. A scent that reminds me of a way different, (and better,) era. It now graces MY shelf and aleays will. I picked up a gigantic bottle from 1985 and the musky freshness is ever present. Simply put, these gems are not made anymore sadly. Don't give me that garbage that's in the locked up cages in the rite aids and cvs's. They are not the same as they have been unceremoniously butchered by the IFRA. When it comes to these scents of yesteryear i always buy vintage. I just do. Jovan musk was a giant in the perfume industry back then because they made masculine fragrances with loving care, good raw materials and character. What a great time to be a man because we were respected for who we are and the hard work that we did. Nowadays to be a manly man is to be against the social norms of the day. Society wants to feminize the entire gender and render men obsolete. It filters everything about us, including the fragrances we wear. Why do u think there are so many unisex fragrances out there? I'm sorry I'm going off on a tangent. Anyway i suggest that young people give it a try. You're in 4 a surprise.

Time travelling
Sunday mornings are the best hours of the entire week. Today I am home alone. My wife went to visit some friends and my daughters had long waited for the Covid end of restrictions to make a pajama party with other girls ... I escaped a weekend full of feminine conversations, "panty chatting" as they call it. I decided to take my retrievers and go for a walk on the beach.
My wife had been specific: - Before you leave, trim your beard and use the oil I left on the sideboard! ... Clearly in sight was a small unlabeled flask with an orange fluid. After showering and shaving, I applied the potion so vehemently recommended ...
- "Ummh! Fresh and oily after the trimmer, just the way I like it" - I thought after splashing and while rubbing my face. The smell was very familiar, a scent lost in time, with flowers, spices, and a lot of musks. - "I'm sure I know what it is but ..."
... But the dogs barked impatiently for the morning walk. I forgot about the strong but pleasant fragrance that hung around me and devoted myself to my breakfast. Cereals with yogurt for me and dog food for them. I grabbed my computer to quickly browse through my email but the internet was unavailable. - "Damned providers!", I shout at the staring dogs. I turned on the radio ... Bowie's unmistakable voice sang 'Life on Mars?' - "What a beautiful surprise. I smell like the 70s and now ear a Bowie oldie ...". The surprise was complete when I heard Gilbert O'Sullivan's voice with his unmistakable 'Alone Again' tune. - "Strange ... this station has certainly traveled through time!", I murmured thoughtfully.
I left the house pulling hard the leaches to avoid being dragged by the fully steamed retrievers. A BMW 2002tii was right outside my door. - "How wonderful and beautiful, and it looks brand new ... I haven't seen one in over 10 years," I muttered before wondering about the shiny blue and white first-generation Ford Capri passing me by.
I looked around, but the street looked almost deserted. My neighbor waved from the house in front of me. - "Hello Carlos, how are you? You don't have to worry about the girls today, you lucky bastard!". I was totally surprised. The face was vaguely familiar to me, but the used flared jeans, the flowered tight shirt, and especially the long curly hair and beard did not suit my respected neighbor, who was already retired and was always very tense. - "No, it can't be his grandson ... I'm sure it is him ... and the girl next to him looks like his wife, but she seems to be over forty years younger and is wearing the shortest mini skirt, I've ever seen! ".
The old newsstand, dismantled more than 20 years ago, was again brand new and caught the attention of those who passed on the sidewalk. I approached suspiciously, fearful of other strange and confusing events. I looked at the exposed paper tabloid. It looked the same as always, but I only have seen it on the internet for the past decade or so. I read the main title aloud: "The Soviet leader Leonid Brezhnev meets with the West German Chancellor Willy Brandt". That just did it! Something incomprehensible was going on. The world seemed to be upside down. And it all started to happen when I got out of the bathroom. What the hell was that orange stuff in that bottle?

Jovan Musk For Men in numbers:
___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
- Opening: 7.0 (carnation and hot spices but in a very fresh mood; a bit intrusive)
- Drydown: 8.0 (woody and musky scents dominate; a bit animal, but nice)
- Longevity: 7.0 (up to 6 hours with a generous splash)
- Silage: 7.0 (up to 6 feet for just a few minutes; It decreases to 4 feet for a few hours; It projects for almost 2 hours)
- Exclusivity: 7.5 (not many perfumes give you the "Jovanian" musky scent)
- Ease of use: 7.5 (best in autumn and spring, preferably during the day)
- Versatility: 7.5 (Use it almost anywhere. It shows up better on non-formal occasions)
- Praise: 7.5 (Old people like it because it brings back a lot of memories; surprisingly, some young people like it a lot too)
- Quality: 7.0 (ingredients of average to above-average quality)
- Presentation: 8.0 (simple, effective, completely in line with the fragrance type)
- Price: 9.0 (88 ml Cologne for 8 euros)
___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
Overall rating: 7.55 / 10.00
- between 7 and 8 = above average;
- between 8 and 9 = recommended;
- greater than 9 = do not hesitate;

Recommendation: Jovan Musk is a fragrant institution from the 1970s. Either for old memories or out of sheer curiosity, you should at least try it. You can be surprised in a good way.
Shop blind? why not? It won't hurt you with its price!

Music: The Beatles - "When I'm Sixty-Four"

Jovan Musk for Men
Jovan Musk (Vintage / pre-Coty version) -

Jovan Musk is the Cheapie Hall of Fame Cooler King!
Von Luger : Are all American officers so ill-mannered?

Hilts : Yeah, about 99 percent.

Von Luger : Then perhaps while you are with us you will have a chance to learn some. Ten days isolation, Hilts.

Hilts : CAPTAIN Hilts.

Von Luger : Twenty days.

Hilts : Right. Oh, uh, you'll still be here when I get out?

Von Luger : [visibly annoyed] Cooler!

("The Great Escape" 1963)
4 stars

Hitchslap
Musk by Jovan, this is simplicity.
Great old scent that is rather linear.

Sure it does not mature, have a varied nuance or "evolve" but it reminds you of what "old school" scent is all about.

I pair it with Agua Lavanda body wash and I smell like I just stepped out of a great old barbershop.

Smells the same as it did back in the 70's when I was a child.

MasterLi
The Perfect White Musk...
This fragrance is the cleanest musk fragrance I have ever smelled. Simply put, it can be worn at any place, any time, anywhere.

It reminds me of clean, floral musks which are often my favourite category of fragrance. Simply superb. For the price this is one which is hard to beat in terms of smell and experience. I think as long as you do not expect something of amazing niche quality here, you can be on to a guaranteed winner.

I find this can be worn dressed up, dressed down, and in pretty much any situation. I also detect lavender, some carnation and maybe something along the line of white pepper, with a clean, fresh, citrus musky vibe.

This is a great one which I would personally reach for in any occasion. For the price, I would recommend it for men of any age. A great one which I like very much.

ChicoRoch1ChicoRoch1 7 months ago
Splash it on and turn on Barney Miller or Sanford and Son and reminisce
RobbieXRobbieX 8 months ago
A gorgeous soapy musk. A gem
Carlitos01Carlitos01 1 year ago
Will you still need me, will you still feed me
When I'm sixty-four
(and still wear Jovan)
StamatiosStamatios 1 year ago
If you like pure musk,this is it.Clean,soapy,powdery,spicy,woody,classic!Versatile,moderate performance but very economic.A safe choice!

Für Fresh - schräger Fund
by VlakS
by Pharaoh
by Pharaoh

Popular by Jōvan

White Musk for Women by Jōvan Musk Oil by Jōvan Sex Appeal for Men (Cologne) by Jōvan Musk Oil Island Musk by Jōvan White Silk by Jōvan Musk for Men (Aftershave) by Jōvan White Musk for Men (Cologne) by Jōvan Musk Oil for Men by Jōvan Black Musk (2009) by Jōvan Musk Oil Gold Musk by Jōvan Ginseng N.R.G. (Cologne) by Jōvan Black Musk for Men (Cologne) by Jōvan Musk for Women by Jōvan Island Gardenia by Jōvan Silky Rose by Jōvan Secret Amber by Jōvan Intense Oud by Jōvan Jōvan Woman by Jōvan Musk for Men Tropical Musk by Jōvan Sex Appeal for Men (Aftershave) by Jōvan