White Musk for Women (1992)

White Musk for Women by Jōvan

White Musk for Women is a popular perfume by Jōvan for women and was released in 1992. The scent is floral-powdery. It is being marketed by Coty.

Amber, Honeysuckle, Jasmine, Musk, Ylang-ylang

Submitted by Fran, last update on 04.04.2019

7.0 8.0 8.0 7.0/10

pudelbonzo
like a virgin to a child...
... i got this scent.

Since the friend lives with Rossi around the corner, I asked her to bring me Anna Sui for a fabulous 9.99, because this fragrance has accompanied me for many years, and has already been bought at salted prices on the net by me
I repeated my fragrance wish slowly and understandably several times - but today, - I was in joyful anticipation - she presented me Jovan White Musk.
I was astonished, because I can't discover a name similarity with the best will in the world.

Well, anyway, you have to celebrate the parties as they fall - and I like the Jovan Oil.

And also the White Musk is doing a good job.
It has nothing to do with the fruity Anna Sui - much more with the Jovan Oil.
I know Musk has the say in both scents.
White is drier and less creamy than the original.
The honeysuckle also adds a more austere astringency that does not harm the fragrance.
Elegance is the theme here - emphasized by Jasmin.

The oil goes more in the sensual erotic direction - white musk in the clean elegant.

I'm not too sad about this confusion, especially as the girlfriend quickly declares this "surprise" as a gift.

Unexpected often comes.
5.0 7.5 7.5 8.0/10

Fantastic for the price!
White Musk is by far one of my best fragrances. What a pleasant surprise.
I liked it from first spritz. It's such a bright, flirty, warm, happy scent. Spicy, but more on the fresh side. I'd say it's good for any occasion and season, work, dinner out, cozy winter nights with blankets and hot cocoa, an outdoor hike.
"Good for anything" normally means boring and non-outstandig in my book, but not this time. The combination of wamth and freshness, softness and extroversion does the trick. It's not like anything else in my wardrobe.
It's quite linear to me until the last part of the drydown, but for once I don't mind that. It's so good all the way through.
The sillage is big for a cologne concentrate - actually it's big regardless of the concentration as I have a general problem with sillage. Only few perfumes project well on me.
Longevity is good too, 8 hours at least.
And the price is even better. It's unvelievable that such a good fragrance is available at such a ridiculous price!
All in all I can't think of one negative thing to say about White Musk. It's a real mood-lifter!

by Hermessenz
by EvaK
by Sabi
by Sabi

Popular Jōvan

Musk Oil by Jōvan Sex Appeal for Men (Cologne) by Jōvan White Musk for Women by Jōvan Musk for Men (Cologne) by Jōvan Black Musk by Jōvan Musk Oil Island Musk by Jōvan White Silk by Jōvan White Musk for Men (Cologne) by Jōvan Black Musk (2014) by Jōvan Silky Rose by Jōvan Black Musk for Men (Cologne) by Jōvan Musk for Women by Jōvan Musk Oil Tropical Musk by Jōvan Musk Oil Gold Musk by Jōvan Musk Oil for Men by Jōvan Intense Oud by Jōvan Island Gardenia by Jōvan Satisfaction for Women by Jōvan Satisfaction for Men by Jōvan Ginseng N.R.G. (Cologne) by Jōvan