Incident Diplomatique 2017

Incident Diplomatique by Jovoy
Incident Diplomatique is a popular perfume by Jovoy for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is woody-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin orangeMandarin orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesHaitian vetiverHaitian vetiver
Java vetiverJava vetiver
NutmegNutmeg
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouliPatchouli
SandalwoodSandalwood

Submitted by Michael, last update on 09.09.2021.

Modern solemnity
I would say it is a kind of scent for a solemn person or situation. It certainly conveys something serious and charismatic. Also very elegant and distinguished, as well as classic.
Presence of very powerful vetiver that leaves the tangerine very deep, if I did not get to read the note, of course I would not have found out that it is wearing it.
Patchouli as reinforcement I would say, because I think vetiver is more intense, which leaves a really dry and abrupt set.
For me, this is not a dark scent, but maybe for the big audiences it can be.

As for silage, I would say that it is very weak if I have to assess it in a niche context, moderate skin lasting, not at all remarkable in that sense.

Kyrabi
a really and unique man's fragrance
Austere, serious, dry, smoky, earthy, sometimes alcoholic in certain shades. A masculine perfume, very masculine and with vintage scents, extremely far from modern piacioni, from metrosexual sweets and from classic delicate and whispered French perfumes. Suitable for a work environment as a contour / accessory to adequate clothing, not necessarily very formal, but certainly not for overalls or Bermuda shorts. Important projection and duration, 2 or 3 sprays quietly cover the 8 hours of work and are felt a lot, leaving a beautiful trail and an equally beautiful smell on the clothes. Truly exceptional perfume, for lovers of strong and uncompromising fragrances. Patchouli and vetiver almost do not stand out and create in unison a really really nice smell ... but nice nice nice! Nutmeg feels like an accompaniment, the rest of the ingredients present in the pyramid certainly contribute to the aromatic yield but I, honestly, can't tell them apart. More suitable for cold / cool climates or summer / spring evenings when there is not too much heat, it could be a little overwhelming and "hot", but it deserves a try. Very calmly, I would like to say that those who fail to appreciate such a perfume ... simply do not appreciate serious, true, classic and non-metrosexual perfumes like modern and self-styled niche perfumes.
Passed with flying colors, really nothing to add.

Drseid
Discovering A Way To Destroy Woody Vetiver...
Incident Diplomatique goes on with a very brief, near transparent mandarin orange citrus before quickly transitioning to its heart. As the composition enters its early heart a sharp, near-piercing woody vetiver emerges and takes the fore, combining with a co-starring bitter unripe and slightly rubbery grapefruit-like accord. During the late dry-down the composition stays highly linear as the vetiver remains through the finish with the odd bitter grapefruit gradually receding to reveal supporting earthy patchouli and dry sandalwood as time passes. Projection is average, but longevity outstanding at over 15 hours on skin.

Disappointment is the first thing that comes to mind with Incident Diplomatique. The published key notes list of vetiver, patchouli, sandalwood, orange and nutmeg had "winner" written all over it, and coupled with my prior positive experience with another Jovoy vetiver focused release, Private Label, I confess to almost blind buying a full bottle of this one thinking it couldn't be much lower risk... I am glad I didn't. The mandarin open is almost nonexistent in longevity and so subdued they shouldn't have even bothered. Then there is the "heart from hell," where somehow the perfumer found a way to mess up such great potential by infusing the sharp, woody vetiver with an odd, bitter grapefruit accord that smells absolutely terrible. The late dry-down doesn't really salvage much, as the heart accord remains through most of it, with the supporting earthy patchouli and dry sandalwood just adding another facet late that isn't even close to enough to balance the stench. I never thought I would write such a negative review of a woody vetiver composition because it is really tough to ruin one, but here we are... The bottom line is the $180 per 100ml bottle mega-stinker Incident Diplomatique finds new ways to destroy normally desirable woody vetiver, earning it a "poor" 2 stars out of 5 rating and an avoid recommendation even to hardcore vetiver lovers.
Serenissima
a little creaky on this parquet floor!
This diplomatic parquet is mirror-like, and anyone who does not move with the necessary skill risks an accident.

This cannot happen to "Incident Diplomatique"; he steps too firmly, his step is too little hesitation.
No, this fragrance is powerful and earthy; may even scratch your throat a little Vetiver, heavy with moisture, earthy and accordingly strong, just waiting for his buddy, my Darling Patchouli.
Before he arrives he holds some small-talk with a fruity, slightly tart tangerine; they harmonize well; have fun together.
And it is the same with grated nutmeg; they exchange and complement each other.
The result can be seen and smelled: It already has personality, this fragrance! But now patchouli is finally appearing: in creamy and wide-flowing, golden scents!
What an appearance; what a fragrant power, which at the same time embraces generously and flatteringly!
I always say: Patchouli reminds me of polished tiger's eye, of a stone with charm and beauty.
A few drops of sandalwood oil straighten the suit once again: everything fits perfectly!

It is not a "Faux Pas Diplomatique" that Joyoy offers here; also no "Eau de Diplomatique":
I find a mature, after some time even beguiling scent personality on my skin, which accompanies me for quite a long time.
She is not always in agreement, whether slightly scratchy or warm flowing flattering:
I almost believe that this "diplomatic accident" adapts to my mood.
Pourquoi pas?

Certainly not "everybody's darling", not a daily companion, but an entertaining guy for a little more than small talk - maybe even for certain hours.
Even if he wears rather firm boots than shiny patent leather shoes!
A strong appearance
Diplomacy, the art of negotiation, is ultimately closely linked to the ability to wrap criticism and aversion in fine words and to use good arguments to persuade one's counterpart to rethink. Jovoy's creation definitely has strong arguments.

When I visited Bologna in October, I was in the Antica Profumeria Al Sacro Cuore, among other places, where there are fragrances from many great niche brands to test - including Jovoy. I wanted to get Incident Diplomatique under my nose because, like Caligari, I became aware of it through YouTuber Sebastian and the statements and comments here made me curious. After I was sprayed on a strip of paper (no self-service!), I tested a lot of other scents, but I came back to the beginning - which was atypical for me. So the Jovoy was stubborn and fascinating at the same time.

It is not fresh, there is no trace of the mandarin and fortunately I do not find Incident Diplomatique to be herbaceous. All facets of vetiver (green, woody, earthy) are celebrated here and a thoroughly masculine, classic and uncompromising aura is achieved with dry, woody patchoulis. This combination is very reminiscent of private labels, but less resinous and leathery and instead greener and more characterized by dry smoke. The fragrance is also stubborn, because there is hardly any de facto one. Despite this apparent reduction, Jovoy has once again managed to create an intense and long-lasting fragrance that is both complex and natural.

The names of the Jovoy fragrances - in contrast to those of many other brands - seem to me to be very conclusive: Private label reminds of a good whiskey, Psychédelique lets the wearer travel into the hippie era thanks to the earthy patchouli and La Liturgie des Heures has a sacral effect through the dominant incense. The diplomatic incident consists of the interplay of strong notes of classic men's perfumes and the uncompromising, relentless power unleashed here. (At work, my fragrances are usually never commented, but my boss said this morning, I must have bathed in perfume...)

Now I don't like standing with one foot in the olfactory Stone Age at all - but in my opinion that's not the case with Incident Diplomatique and Jovoy at all. The brand's fragrances seem timeless to me. They are demanding, but in the end they manage to wrap me around my finger.
Too bad...
It is a pity that such fragrances are so little spread even by a relatively well-known brand like Jovoy. Somehow the question of the meaning of this hobby arises. Last week, the fifth or sixth Spicebomb derivative ran down my nose without me wearing a fragrance from the group, for example. And in between there is hardly anything left hanging that fascinates in a lasting way. Don't misunderstand! There are many fragrances which I like very much and which do not have any twin fragrances known to me. But the certain "aha" effect in the combination with a pronounced sense of pleasure is really rather the exception for fragrance samples of 1,000 or more.

Although I have already tried three to four Jovoys and I liked all of them well, as with the other 8,207 brands (as at 15.10.2018) it was not enough to taste the entire range of brands. And yet, the attention tends to get caught on fragrances whose brand you already know something about. And for this very reason I got stuck in the consumption of a video of Sebjar with this previously completely unknown scent of a brand well known to me. This Baseball cap wearer, who was very likeable to me and above all taken back, found the scent worth mentioning and expressed his enthusiasm so casually that my interest was clearly aroused. Of course there was nothing to be found in the souk and so I had to fall back on the mostly very well functioning community, namely in this case PanicRoom. A third THANK YOU! That way, my dear!

Seldom has it been so easy to order a bottle as here. First of all, it's not the Holy Grail. It's not revelation. But it has been a hitherto unknown approach to freshness, seasoning, smoke and leather that simply catches me. And the fascinating thing: Smoke and leather can't even be drained here in the pyramid. Incidentally, I am only in a few points in agreement with Yatagan's description in his commentary "Bitter Lesson". Patchouli is so far behind for me here that I wouldn't mention him at all. The double vetiver, on the other hand, does. Although I am an unconscious Vetiver fan, I often have to read it before I can smell it. But here it was already perceptible for me without a text. What I would otherwise take over from Yatagan is the mandarin, which provides the almost glistening, biting sharpness/freshness and is thus actually responsible for the coolness and metallicity described. I deny a notable relationship to Sycomore. Encre Noir in one breath.

All in all an impressive combination, which does not show a special variability in the course of time, but in the meantime and constantly omits a concrete definition and thus shimmers like pearls. For me a very masculine and modern fragrance that combines sportiness and understatement. Durability and Sillage are, as usual with Jovoy, on high level. The bottle is beautiful to look at, heavy, but clunky and therefore unwieldy. Packaging and atomizers are exemplary.

Olfactory impression
While not brash this fragrance leaves no room for subtleties, with the interplay of 2 varietals of Vetiver ( Haitian & Java) laced with Mandarin citrus that has a smooth intwined Nutmeg that brings for a seductive sweetness. Not to be left aloft the base comes on 30 mins in with one of the best Patchouli and Sandalwood accords I’ve gotten my nose on. Sweet, smoky, and citric.

RonniweRonniwe 9 months ago
Es una fragancia que huele muy muy bien, la pega que tiene es que la encuentro muy elegante. Con lo cual poco versátil.
CoolrunnerCoolrunner 1 year ago
My favourite Jovoy perfume and one of the best patchouli perfumes.
LiquidassetLiquidasset 4 years ago
Smoky, sweet and citric. Compliments received regularly.

by Odorier
by Benedikt2019
by Coolrunner
by Coolrunner

Popular Jovoy

Psychédelique by Jovoy Private Label by Jovoy Les Jeux sont Faits by Jovoy Ambre Premier by Jovoy Remember Me by Jovoy Terra Incognita by Jovoy L'Enfant Terrible by Jovoy La Liturgie des Heures by Jovoy Pavillon Rouge by Jovoy L'Art de la Guerre by Jovoy Gardez-Moi (2013) by Jovoy Rouge Assassin by Jovoy L'Arbre de la Connaissance by Jovoy Jus Interdit by Jovoy Quand? by Jovoy Touche Finale by Jovoy 21 Conduit St by Jovoy Les 7 Parfums Capitaux - Boisé by Jovoy Les 7 Parfums Capitaux - Poudré by Jovoy Les 7 Parfums Capitaux - Chypre by Jovoy