L'Arbre de la Connaissance (2011)

L'Arbre de la Connaissance by Jovoy

L'Arbre de la Connaissance is a perfume by Jovoy for women and men and was released in 2011. The scent is fruity-green. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesLeaves, Fresh notes, Citrus fruits
Heart Notes Heart NotesFig, Fruits
Base Notes Base NotesFig wood, Patchouli, Sandalwood

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 03.06.2020.

Great! A fig tree!
The tree of knowledge! After I studied theology, I am of course happy about a perfume with such a name. And after I have studied CATHOLICAL theology, it is very easy for me to talk for hours about complicated things that I actually cannot understand. This is sometimes very helpful when writing perfume reviews. I also lack any background knowledge about chemistry, fragrances etc. I can only talk about what I smell in the end, but what is behind it... no idea! Almost like in theology (what a stupid comparison haha!)

The tree of knowledge. And it does NOT smell like an apple, not a piece! It's nice when a cliché is not served. But why it smells like fig, we all can read in Genesis 3.7 (ok ok, I'll stop. Don't get me started on this topic hihi).

When I smell the spray head of my bottle, it smells insanely obtrusive. So I sprayed very timidly, but the sillage is not as strong as I feared. It's just that fig with citrus on top smells a bit pungent. The scent quickly turns green and very soon woody notes are added. I don't find the scent particularly fresh. The wood is too present. It smells like the whole tree. Wood, leaves, fruit (i.e. figs), and also a little bit of the roots and the soil. And nothing else. From then on, the scent doesn't change for me anymore.

Feigenbaum with everything and that's it! Such a typical niche scent. If you're mainly interested in the Douglas Top 10, you probably won't be able to get much use out of it. Durability is slightly above average with a rather discreet sillage. I recommend the fragrance for the daytime. It already has something light and airy, which also goes very well with warm weather and outdoor activities. For men and women.

Jovoy's tree of knowledge has something very casual and relaxed about it. So I don't find the name so fitting after all. For the first time the Tree of Knowledge was not a fig tree at all. And the story of the Fall is not necessarily meant to spread good cheer, but in the art of perfumery you can allow yourself a little artistic freedom

L'Arbre de la Connaissance
Opens with an sparkly fig accord, as if the accord was pierced by a hefty dose of effervescent aldehydes. This opening is a welcome change from the true-to-life, but somewhat flat figs like Phylosikos or Jardins de Kerylos. Once the top notes have faded I see fig leaf and fig fruit blended together over a base of sheer sandalwood. The fig leaf/fig fruit/fig tree accord is powdery-green, milky-woodsy and very well-balanced. Sadly the fragrance loses steam rather fast and once we get to the heart notes, the scent stays very close to the skin. The dry-down is very green and somewhat artificial.

Drseid
The Tree of Knowledge And The Wish For Forgetfulness...
L'Arbre de la Connaissance opens with a coconut-like aromatic fig tree note with sharp almost aldehyde-like peach fruit and green accords in support. As the fragrance enters its early heart phase the starring fig tree note remains, though its coconut-like aspects now slightly less evident as the sharp peach fruit accord increases in intensity until it becomes co-star to the fig tree with slightly sweet green fig fruit support late. During the late dry-down the coconut-like aromatic fig tree note finally recedes as the now slightly milky less aromatic sweet fig fruit takes over as co-star teaming with the still present but slightly muted peach. Projection is very good, as is longevity at 8-10 hours on skin.

L'Arbre de la Connaissance roughly translates to "The Tree of Knowledge" and while subjected to tolerating my time with this composition I have learned quite a lot. The main thing I have learned is I dislike this stuff immensely, and the aromatic fig tree and sharp green peach do not work well together. Pretty much as soon as I applied the perfume to my wrist I knew things were going downhill fast, and unfortunately they only accelerated as time passed. The only pause to the torture was during the late dry-down as the fig tree finally dissipated, allowing the fig *fruit* to take a more prominent role and mercifully soften the composition late. The bottom line is L'Arbre de la Connaissance represents the kind of scrub-worthy composition that I wish my knowledge of could be erased, earning a "poor" 2 star out of 5 rating and an avoid recommendation except to staunch fig tree lovers.

by sebjar
by sebjar
by Nicheuphoria
by Nicheuphoria
by JPhx
by JPhx

Popular Jovoy

Psychédelique by Jovoy Private Label by Jovoy Ambre Premier by Jovoy Les Jeux sont Faits by Jovoy Terra Incognita by Jovoy L'Enfant Terrible by Jovoy La Liturgie des Heures by Jovoy Rouge Assassin by Jovoy Remember Me by Jovoy Gardez-Moi (2013) by Jovoy L'Art de la Guerre by Jovoy Incident Diplomatique by Jovoy Jus Interdit by Jovoy Pavillon Rouge by Jovoy Quand? by Jovoy Les 7 Parfums Capitaux - Boisé by Jovoy Les 7 Parfums Capitaux - Poudré by Jovoy Les 7 Parfums Capitaux - Chypre by Jovoy Rose Millésimée by Jovoy Les 7 Parfums Capitaux - Hesperidé by Jovoy