La Liturgie des Heures by Jovoy

La Liturgie des Heures 2011

Carboytony
17.10.2021 - 05:19 PM

Ecclesiastically beautiful

In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of The Holy Spirit. Amen.

A fitting opening for La Liturgie des Heures.

In Roman Catholicism we believe in the Trinity - God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit. If there were an olfactory representation of this (through our incense cum perfume) I think La Liturgie des Heures, Avignon by CdG and Eau Sacrée by Heeley would be the three.

Of these three, this is less dry than Avignon, much less floral than Eau Sacrée, and more of the true fragrance of the wooden pews, ecclesiastical vestments and the incense (think gorgeous frankincense) wafting from the incensor.

Why it took me so long to buy, I'll never know. But this is one of my favorite perfumes now. It is part of my Perfume Trinity. It calms me down, it comforts me and it reminds me to take faith in my imperfect, though chosen faith.

Latest Reviews

CarboytonyCarboytony 4 months ago
La Vue - Étude 1.1 - Pentalogies

La Vue - Étude 1.1 Deep and soulful olfactory music
I've finally started to wear the sample set I bought months ago from Pentalogies and I'm smitten. I smelled them on mouillettes and now I'm wearing Étude 1.1 - La Vue as my SOTD. It is just stunning. Clémentine Humeau is the nose...

CarboytonyCarboytony 1 year ago
Balls…Said the Queen (Eau de Parfum) - DSH Perfumes

Balls…Said the Queen (Eau de Parfum) I do give a fig!
This is a gorgeous milky fig fragrance, sweet yet crisp, soft with an edge. Hints of stately, earthy stone come through, as do Olive and olive wood, which are just amazing notes in perfumery. The oud flexes it's muscles very gently, enhancing the woody...