Private Label 2011

Private Label by Jovoy
Private Label is a popular perfume by Jovoy for women and men and was released in 2011. The scent is woody-leathery. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesLeatherLeather
PapyrusPapyrus
VetiverVetiver
Heart Notes Heart NotesPatchouliPatchouli
SandalwoodSandalwood
Base Notes Base NotesLabdanumLabdanum
BirchBirch
CedarCedar

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 18.07.2021.

Another Dark Lord Masterpiece

I have been after Private Label for a while. I always wanted to have a Cecile Zarokian piece of art. The first ever perfume I sampled from her creations was "Tango" from Masque Milano, and created an idea on her style of perfumery. Private Label, may be her best creation so far. It has class, it is refined, it is vintage & modern, and the name says it all. As a patchouli lover, who tends to love more the rough, cold, and boozy take on patchouli, this HAD to be in my collection. It is so unique, so unique, as it is hard to pair it with another patchouli-vetiver fragrance. It is definitely my second favorite scent after Monsieur. from FM. Is it polarizing? I don't think so. Does it require to love patchouli? YES!!! So guys, if you don't like the rough patchouli, the boozy one, smoky one, stay away from Private Label. It is the least sweet patchouli I own, and the leather accord along with sandalwood only try hard to calm down the smokiness of this fragrance. Definitely not summer fragrance, but if you wear it 20 min before going out on a summer night it will work. Smoky fragrances need fresh-air to explode and reveal their true olfactory identity. Don't doubt projection, sillage and its lingering power - it projects heavily, the trail is sexy, mysterious, intriguing, like you want to follow this dark mysterious person into the unknown.

I don't find any similarities with Hommage a L'Homme-Voyager which I own for 7 years now aside from sharing similar notes. I really cannot imagine a woman wearing Private Label unless she is in love with Janis Joplin!!! Since I love Monsieur. more than this, I do get it why some people compare it to Monsieur., and it must be due to the rough cold style of patchouli or because both are sophisticated masculine (slightly animalic) patchouli bombs. Worth it!!!!
Private room for two
I'm booking a room for two: me and Jovoy.

Here are my favorite notes in fragrances:

Leather, vetiver, patchouli, sandalwood, labdanum, birch, cedar.

Let's look at Private Label, it's pretty clear why I shouted complete enthusiasm "YES! YES FINALLY" after the first spray of Private Label (so that I was asked from the next room, if everything was fine..)

Vetiver at its finest, mixed with slightly smoky but wearable birch, plus slightly earthy in the drydown, grounding and gentle.

For me, an incredible blend for any weather - the vetiver is here for me refreshingly solved, the patchouli with the birch makes it dark and really masculine-herb and for that absolutely cozy even in winter.

Especially recommended is the insanely beautifully packaged Jovoy discovery set, in velvet are all the perfumes of the brand delivered in a beautiful box, each with cards and fragrance notes for each fragrance. Great presentation.

Smoke.earth.damp
I get booziness at the top short while after smoky leather is dominant which dry vetiver gives it earthiness and spicy patchouli give it damp herbal feel .
its really a niche quality work with well balancing and powerfull characteristics.

Private Label
My first review from this house and yet another creation from Cecile Zarokian. Vetiver, patchouli, leather? depending on who smells this it maybe any of those three things, but can anything different be done with these ingredients that isn't out there already? Enjoy.

The old library
At first you can perceive an intense and very strong appearing tart, very fine sweet and slightly earthy note, which also brings something discreetly sour and is due to the vetiver.

At the same time the Vetiver combines with a very distinctive hard edged, but at the same time delicately soft note, which smells like smooth, black precious leather to me.

These two notes are wrapped in a paper-like nuance, which has something very slightly dusty wooden and doesn't look unpleasant at all, I think.

On the contrary!

The top note of Private Label puts me in a very old but well preserved library.

Meter-high ceilings, all shelves are made of the finest wood in which the books linger.

Here and there there are some leather sofas, in which you can make yourself comfortable with the book of your choice.

The scent of the shelves and their sheltered books blows towards you intensely, but nevertheless not slaying.

That is for me personally a beautiful silence!

I notice with the top note that I haven't actually been in a library for ages - it's been 8 years for sure already.

"What are they smelling like now? - Is' ja allet modernized and partly digitalized!

Do you still smell a library, or is the Jeruch already sterile?"

Meanwhile a very fine, sweet and tender earthy note is added, which in my opinion emphasizes and supports this bibiliotheksaura wonderfully and it can happen that you are addressed and it is not registered at all.

"Excuse me, we're closing, you can borrow the book very much too!"

- No reaction -

"Excuse me!" can be heard from a long way away and you can subliminally notice that the voice has become a little louder, but:

- Still no reaction -

A light touch and and again this quiet "Excuse me!"

- Now we have a reaction!" :-)

- You see, didd takes a while until you get really clear when you're immersed in a good book; by the way, I chose "The Chemistry of Death" by Simon Beckett and you?"

A fine, but also delicate creamy, quite discreetly wooden shade plays out its certain charm, which ensures that you feel good and you forget the time around you and comes from sandalwood.

Beautiful! - Really beautiful!

Very delicately, a subtle resinous, also balsamic soft note of Labdanum is added, which lets me sink even deeper and is accompanied by a very soft and at the same time soft wooden note of cedar wood and ensures a beautiful finish.

Unfortunately I couldn't see birch, but I can imagine very well that this note was used for support.

In total, the out keeps 11 hours on my skin-.

The Sillage is conceived from the outset in such a way that one is perceived very clearly at a whole arm's length and this is maintained also 4 hours in such a way, before it reduces itself in quiet steps, until the smell finally completely fades out
I would like to express my sincere thanks to our perfume "Verbaplex" for the sample.
Pleasantly spooky
Yeah, I'm a ghost fan. And I watch movies like "The Woman in Black" all the time. "The Others" and the like. Also in the TLC there are Fridays corresponding "Doku sendungen". There's only one thing THAT CAN'T BE: cruel or bloody. Just "Creepy".
But what does this have to do with the fragrance "Private Label" by Jovoy? Nothing for most of them. For me many things.
I am there in an ancient forest, far away from "civilization", hear branches cracking in the gloom, owls and owls calling. The moon tries to penetrate pale the wafts of mist that waft above the trees. Weird, right? But to the "beautiful scary." So latently lurking, but not evil. Just as a "white woman" haunts in the background, wants to protect you from evil, although the first sight frightens you, but you quickly gain confidence.
And nothing can happen to you in that ghost forest. It smells of resin and wood. And faraway incense, birches and cedars.
First you think no power in the world can guide you into this forest. But then you get curious. First carefully, then ever more briskly, you enter it. And when you're inside, staying on bigger and smaller paths and not just crawling through the undergrowth, you feel safe and protected. Despite, or just because of the "Pleasant Horror"....

Drseid
Sharp Vetiver Cloaked In Leather...
Private Label opens with a whiff of carbon paper-like papyrus before quickly morphing into sharp woody vetiver that continues to build as the fragrance transitions to its heart phase. During the early heart, the sharp woody vetiver evolves into the sole star of the composition as it adds nutty and leathery facets with hints of lemon popping in and out from time-to-time. As it enters the late dry-down the still starring vetiver now melds with relatively dry sandalwood to soften its sharp sting as the composition slowly fades. Projection is very good and longevity is just shy of outstanding at nearly 12 hours on skin.

Private Label is billed as a leather focused fragrance but to my nose it is much more a minimalist sharp woody vetiver with an underlying leathery vibe rather than focus. The vetiver is raw and largely untamed until the composition utilizes sandalwood late to counter the rough edges and forcefulness of the woody vetiver, allowing for a softer sendoff. Due to the unpolished nature of the vetiver used I can see Private Label being a bit polarizing where vetiver purists most likely will love it and those looking for a softer, polished presentation will be put-off. The bottom line is as a hardcore vetiver lover it's no surprise I love the 4 star out of 5 "excellent" rated Private Label and highly recommend this $180 a 100ml bottle composition to other hardcore vetiver purists for trial and prospective purchase.

MrLawmanMrLawman 2 months ago
Dark green smoky leather and vetiver accompanied by an opulent patchouli. A winter favorite with excellent performance and sillage to match.

by Kovex
by Strictlyrnb
by tIgerknurren
by tIgerknurren

Popular Jovoy

Psychédelique by Jovoy Les Jeux sont Faits by Jovoy Ambre Premier by Jovoy Terra Incognita by Jovoy Remember Me by Jovoy L'Enfant Terrible by Jovoy Incident Diplomatique by Jovoy Pavillon Rouge by Jovoy La Liturgie des Heures by Jovoy Rouge Assassin by Jovoy L'Art de la Guerre by Jovoy Gardez-Moi (2013) by Jovoy L'Arbre de la Connaissance by Jovoy Jus Interdit by Jovoy Quand? by Jovoy Touche Finale by Jovoy Les 7 Parfums Capitaux - Boisé by Jovoy Les 7 Parfums Capitaux - Poudré by Jovoy Les 7 Parfums Capitaux - Chypre by Jovoy Les 7 Parfums Capitaux - Hesperidé by Jovoy