Psychédelique 2011

Psychédelique by Jovoy
Psychédelique is a popular perfume by Jovoy for women and men and was released in 2011. The scent is earthy-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesCitrus fruitsCitrus fruits
Heart Notes Heart NotesPatchouliPatchouli
RoseRose
CistusCistus
GeraniumGeranium
Base Notes Base NotesMuskMusk
VanillaVanilla

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 16.01.2022.

Best patchouli?
If you are thinking of getting a patchouli fragrance and you do not know which one, search no further.
If you are looking for a sign, this is it! Guys, this scent is simply amazing. You have the gourmandish chocolate cake patchouli feel in the opening which dries down into and intoxicating ambery, earthy and sweet patchouli that just wont leave your skin. Pungent and sexy, the trail is to die for and you will get noticed. Longevity and projection is above average, borderline beast mode! 12+ hours on the skin, days on the clothes.

Lioncourt
Jewel too little recognized as such
It is a fragrance that is based on the patchouli very well reinforced with amber and a certain sweetness that the musk surely gives it, in addition to a vanilla that comes out some time later.
I cannot isolate citrus fruits but they surely contribute to that pungent entry that it has.
It is not a very complicated perfume or with a very changing evolution.
For me it is a shyly dark smell with an earthy and chocolatey touch.
I find it elegant and refined even with the strength and personality it has, seductive in any environment for those who get to smell it because it does not stand out in silage, or even over-application. This has the advantage that although it can be a very powerful weapon, it is extremely discreet.
Lasting can be placed flush with the skin in 10-12 hours with a simple application, although you can get it to peel off a bit and project if you reinforce the application every 4-5 hours.
I only know something better than this perfume, with some of its aspects taken to the extreme and with a greater animalic load, such as Bond-T by Sammarco.
MCPS
Olfactory boho glam, nostalgia with soft focus
In a cheerful holiday mood, I entered Jovoy's exquisite store at the elegant Place Vendôme, and was overwhelmed by the selection. That's why I focused on the rare, hard-to-get brands, and especially on the in-house brand.

JOVOY Paris was founded in 1923 by Blanche d'Arvoy. Her nickname Jo and the second half of her British husband's name were the inspiration for the company name. JOVOY then fell into obscurity, however. In 2006, globetrotter François Hénin, who had lost his heart to Vietnam as a dapper student, breathed new life into the brand.

Francois Hénin, however, did not want to revive the perfumes of the golden twenties and sell them as pseudo-vintage. Instead, JOVOY's creations are modern, evoking memories and associations, with the highest standards for ingredients.

The provocative name stands out: Psychédelique. Peace and love forever...

Psychédelique is a modern interpretation of patchouli. Here I feel patchouli not as earthy, raw or musty, but soft and skillfully embedded in citrus, roses and vanilla. Boho glam is what the brand says, and it's quite true. Nicole Richie or Kate Moss, not Janis Joplin or Joan Baez.

Nostalgia with soft-focus effect, a fragrance for a relaxed walk as well as for going out, absolutely unisex in my opinion (even if on Parfumo not even 30% of the owner:ins are female). H/S excellent.

Absolutely recommendable, not only for patchouli lovers.

Ptsau
Love it or Hate it? I love it!
It’s real niche scent. I got a 2ml sample and I felt it smelled weird when I first sprayed it because of the strong patchouli punching in your face. Then the patchouli stepped down a little and it became a dark chocolate cake with a hint of patchouli scent after it dried down in about 30 minutes. The chocolate cake scent does last all the way through to the base. It’s yummy yet complex and unique. I left it aside for a week after first try then I was craving to put it on again. A 2ml sample is enough for 2-3 full wear since it’s strong. I used up the sample quickly within a week. Then I knew I had to get a full bottle. Since then, I always crave for it even I have many other gorgeous fragrances. Now it grows more and more on me and I even love the opening too. It also has good performance. My skin usually eats perfumes but it still last 10-12 hours on me and strong projection for the first 4-5 hours. I gave only 9/10 because it’s not so easy to wear. Frankly the scent is edgy so don’t blind buy it but would strongly recommend to give it a try.

Patchouli here, Patchouli there, Patchouli everywhere
Beautiful and well blended fragrance for Amber and Patchouli lovers.

If you love Patchouli based fragrances you will definitely love this one.

Starts off very strong with dirty Patchouli scent but it soon settles into enjoyable scent.

Will definitely be getting a bottle of this one
Augusto
Aromatic earth cloud in gold
A thick cloud flies to AugstA: Earth! Mushrooms! Soon some more flowers will be added. They shyly stick their heads through the earth and so bravely make sure that nothing gets too heavy here and the ground stays loose. They are rose and geranium, they nod friendly and very elegant.

The scenery is bitterly steamy, moderately sweetish and very aromatic.

For those who already have their heads spinning, there is dark chocolate with a golden sparkle. Yes, this fullness can make your head spin a little, but on the whole the fragrance remains controlled and skilfully balanced, full warmth and dry moments of patchouli and amber are artfully balanced.

Then, the first half of this aromatic cloud has dissipated, the scent diminishes significantly for my nose, the patch overpowering decreases. Take a breath. Heaven, there is also something above this earth.

And that means vanilla in this fragrance. Again aromatic, i.e. not too sweet, it takes over the part of the chocolate and brightens the friendly scent. From the abundance, the fragrance now changes to a kind of natural pleasure, to the satisfaction that a vanilla scent often and gladly brings. Innocent and deliciously promising, you lie together on the warm earth in the sun.

This is still very pleasant, but no longer overwhelming for me. But there is still enough from the beginning to enjoy the fragrance for the next few hours. And there are many of them...

If the scent had remained as it was at the beginning, it would have found a permanent place with me. For patchouli lovers, the test is of course recommended and a must, more than that, a pleasure.
Benedikt2019
From the good guy who didn't dare take LSD
Recently I started to deal with the scents of Jovoy, because I have encountered them again and again in reviews. Especially this one was very appealing to me, as I expected a nasal LSD trip or was curious how the topic was implemented. What I then experienced was wonderful, but unfortunately not as I had expected.

Psychedelique begins minimally citric and then follows the brute patchouli club, which gives an extremely earthy impression. You almost have the feeling of smelling the soil itself, where the psychedelic mushrooms grow. The patchouli is accompanied by a soft vanilla veil, which is initially quite reserved. The rose is also easily perceptible, but remains very discreetly in the background (luckily!) In the first 1-2 hours the scent actually conveys something of a drug trip, it is very sensually intoxicating and at the same time extremely earthy-urban, you feel as if you were standing in the woods after a drug trip. So that there is no false impression: Psychedelique is not dirty, but rather elegant and sublime. Unfortunately, the great, intoxicating prelude doesn't last all the time, after about two hours psychedelique turns into a soft vanilla scent, which is extremely soft and envelops you slightly. I think that's a real pity, because it makes him look a bit too tame and he deserves his unisex stamp. This makes him look like a good guy who has always planned to take LSD but then decided not to do so. Psychedelique thus remains a fragrance that wants to please and is not necessarily offensive. A fragrance that my environment is very sympathetic to, especially those who like patchouli!

--Proposing of patchouli! For those who like this fragrance, this Jovoy is a MUST, as it is said to be one of the most beautiful patchouli fragrances. At least many perfume testers/bloggers agree on this and I also agree completely---

Shelf life and Sillage: Both in the upper range, the shelf life is in the upper third with about 8-9 hours and the Sillage is very fine, but well perceptible. My girlfriend could still see him well after 5 hours!

Recommendation to buy? Psychedelique is available for a good 150 Euro (100ml) on the internet - at the moment only on Ebay - which is already a statement. However, if you love patchouli or earthy scents, a clear recommendation to buy can be given. Even if you are looking for a fragrance that has a very unusual opening, that already lives up to the name of the fragrance. Especially in autumn or spring it fits perfectly, because it looks very "natural".

Have fun testing, please leave me your Jovoy recommendations as a comment there!
Serenissima
golden glitter vs. autumn blues
The floor is damp and heavy, the mists float like grey cotton clouds over it and cover beechnuts and acorns, whose bitter, strong scent can spread with pleasure under this protective blanket.
The foliage covering the ground no longer rustles; its shades of red, gold and brown have given way to a dark, muddy mass.
Decay and finiteness lift their heads - this special kind of Momento Mori nature offers every year anew and every year this time melancholically tunes us.
But the connoisseur smells hidden delicacies: Mushrooms, even noble dark truffles!
What intensely spicy scents impregnate this air.

Similarly, in Jovoy's "Psychédelique", a sluggish golden-brown patchouli current rolls through the opening of the fragrance with a heavy earth bearing.
By nature, the geranium is already a bit harsh, but it has a strong autumnal aroma. The proud roses, after their acquaintance with the first frost, hurl heavy, noble scents generously into this dark melange: nothing should be wasted, all remaining strength is put into these last flowering hours: the enchanting aroma of dying beauty!
But this strongly scented dark is not infinite: a bright, fruity-fresh flickering suddenly announces the presence of lemon and bergamot: lively flickering light accents!
Labdanum glows resinous and smoky and forms the vanguard for glittering amber vertebrae: like a rich shower of shooting stars they now run through the previous creation!
Beauty can hurt!
Before this scented monster of patchouli-dripping earthy heaviness and smoky-golden amber becomes too powerful, rich gifts of musk and vanilla sink over it as a warming finish.
They give the illusion of a flickering fire that warms and protects.

This elemental force of a Patchouliduftes can certainly disturb and repel!
For a patchouli "junkie" like me, this fragrance composition is a fascinating piece of nature made of light and dark, light and shadow, death and life!
Sillage and durability are enormous; the already powerful fragrance flow seems to intensify over time; the golden glow finally wins.

So "Psychédelique" in its fragrant heaviness reminds me that November is always followed by May; as sure as the day of the night!
What does Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart's "Magic Flute" say?
"The rays of the sun drive away the night!"
Infinite depth
At first you can perceive a very discreet citric nuance, which is accompanied by a fine sweetish-green and almost resinous nuance at the same time and I suspect the use of lemon, lime and elemi-resin here.

A little later you will notice an intense earthy and also sweetish note, which gives the fragrance a touching depth and you simply want to give yourself over to the fragrance.

At the same time, the patchouli was enveloped by a nice cuddly warming sweet-spicy note and ensures that the depth almost becomes something self-contained and is due to the amber.

These two notes are surrounded by a wonderful floral, slightly sweetish creamy note, which sets a very interesting accent and is due to the geranium.

An almost sweetish and almost resinous, but rather balsamic soft note encloses these two notes to a beautiful degree and was, in my opinion, only used to complete the scent image and comes from Labdanum.

Very far in the background and only on my skin there is a fine, clear, illuminating soapy rosy aura, which harmonizes very well with the composition, even gives it a touch of lightness and comes from the Damascene rose
What remains is a clear pure fluffy vanilla dream, thanks to the musk combined with the bourbon - vanilla.

In total the fragrance lasts 9 hours on my skin.

The Sillage is conceived from the outset in such a way that one is perceived very clearly at a whole arm's length and this is maintained also 4 hours in such a way, before itself in quiet steps up to the conclusion of the smell reduces.

I would like to express my sincere thanks to our perfume "reni379" for the sample.
DonErnesto
The incident with the relapse
First of all: I am a hardcore patchouli user. It all started in my youth, in the seventies. By substitution with substances like opium, Black Afghano, China White, etc. I could live without P at times. By a small carelessness I have built a relapse into old habits. Today I'm more violent than ever.

As part of my Patchouli test marathon I have tested over 40 patch scents and essential oils over the past few months. I had already emptied a bottle of this candidate in advance. Looking back my impressions from the year 2011 or 2012.

[Flashback]
The Afghan is supposed to be, I think, while I steer towards the big shelf wall with the many perfume bottles. Haven't had one in a long time. But wait! What's that? What's that? The Afghan and his clan have had new neighbors. The Nasomatto family really caught my eye during my last visit, with its tasty flacons and promising names. The Afghan, this black oil, I sprayed on myself then ... And now this. JOVOY. Hmm, never heard of it. Unlike the Nasomattos, the slightly curved, heavy containers stand like modern sculptures on black, marble pedestals. L´Enfant Terrible, La Liturgie des Heures, etc. PSYCHEDELIQUE! That fully arouses my interest. Well done I already know what's inside. An old friend from the seventies. It wasn't hard. I press the nebulizer and the patchouli reveals itself to me quite loudly. Bright tones set refreshing new accents, some remain standing for a while, others are plucked only briefly. The Patchouli is always present, never retreats. A hint of lemon gives the familiar fragrance a new freshness. After this loud, slightly fresh start, a subtle sweetness sets in. Bitter-sweet. Like a high quality chocolate with a high cocoa content, it envelops the patchouli without completely combining with it and gives the fragrance even more body. Amber and musk now intervene and prevent the descent into too dark vaults.
At that time I didn't know what the consequences of buying this perfume would be for me. The relapse into old scent habits was thus initiated.

Today and forty patchouli fragrances further on and always on the hunt for the ultimate kick, my impressions of that time are no longer comprehensible to me. It's worth noting how my perception and taste for perfume has changed in the meantime. Because of my positive memory of this fragrance, I wanted to buy another bottle of Psychedelique. Fortunately the fragrance is not available at the moment and I had to be content with a bottling from the souk. I don't think Jovoy has changed perfume in the meantime because of a reformulation. Besides my current favourites like Montale Patchouli Leaves, Il Profumo Patchouli Noir, Profumum Roma Patchouly, Les Nereides Precieux Patchouli, etc. Psychedelique simply has no chance anymore with me. Not high enough.

In psychedelique I only perceive patchouli in homeopathic doses, the scent is too musky for me, I don't like this hairspray note. Too sweet by the vanilla. In fact, he reminds me of the '80s. Heavy Sillage and long shelf life. Surely a beautiful, a special fragrance, I have worn it almost daily for a while.
Psychedelique is supposed to be a tribute to the 60s, to Woodstock and the hippie era, a bow to Jimi Hendrix, Jefferson Airplane, Janis Joplin, Santana, etc. a tribute to psychedelic rock! And Jovoy didn't succeed. Topic missed! Montale's Patchouli Leaves would be more appropriate. He beamed me straight back to that time. But that's another story.

TruckladyTrucklady 3 years ago
Ever planted in the garden wearing soft kid skin gloves and a cream silk suit? That is what this scent FEELS like. Sultry earth.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 3 years ago
Fantastic patchouli. One of the best I've ever tried. Super delicious!

Besinnliches Weihnachtsfest für euch ALLE ... ***
by Couchlock
by Grzesinek
by Grzesinek

Popular Jovoy

Private Label by Jovoy Ambre Premier by Jovoy Les Jeux sont Faits by Jovoy Remember Me by Jovoy Terra Incognita by Jovoy Incident Diplomatique by Jovoy La Liturgie des Heures by Jovoy L'Enfant Terrible by Jovoy Pavillon Rouge by Jovoy L'Art de la Guerre by Jovoy Rouge Assassin by Jovoy Gardez-Moi (2013) by Jovoy Jus Interdit by Jovoy L'Arbre de la Connaissance by Jovoy Touche Finale by Jovoy Fire at Will by Jovoy Quand? by Jovoy 21 Conduit St by Jovoy Rose Millésimée by Jovoy Les 7 Parfums Capitaux - Poudré by Jovoy