Psychédelique (2011)

Psychédelique by Jovoy

Psychédelique is a popular perfume by Jovoy for women and men and was released in 2011. The scent is earthy-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Jacques Flori

Top Notes Top NotesCitruses
Heart Notes Heart NotesAmber, Geranium, Labdanum, Patchouli, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Vanilla

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 13.06.2019

6.0 7.0 9.0 8.5/10

Infinite depth
At first you can perceive a very discreet citric nuance, which is accompanied by a fine sweetish-green and almost resinous nuance at the same time and I suspect the use of lemon, lime and elemi-resin here.

A little later you will notice an intense earthy and also sweetish note, which gives the fragrance a touching depth and you simply want to give yourself over to the fragrance.

At the same time, the patchouli was enveloped by a nice cuddly warming sweet-spicy note and ensures that the depth almost becomes something self-contained and is due to the amber.

These two notes are surrounded by a wonderful floral, slightly sweetish creamy note, which sets a very interesting accent and is due to the geranium.

An almost sweetish and almost resinous, but rather balsamic soft note encloses these two notes to a beautiful degree and was, in my opinion, only used to complete the scent image and comes from Labdanum.

Very far in the background and only on my skin there is a fine, clear, illuminating soapy rosy aura, which harmonizes very well with the composition, even gives it a touch of lightness and comes from the Damascene rose
What remains is a clear pure fluffy vanilla dream, thanks to the musk combined with the bourbon - vanilla.

In total the fragrance lasts 9 hours on my skin.

The Sillage is conceived from the outset in such a way that one is perceived very clearly at a whole arm's length and this is maintained also 4 hours in such a way, before itself in quiet steps up to the conclusion of the smell reduces.

I would like to express my sincere thanks to our perfume "reni379" for the sample.
10.0 9.0 9.0 6.5/10

DonErnesto
The incident with the relapse
First of all: I am a hardcore patchouli user. It all started in my youth, in the seventies. By substitution with substances like opium, Black Afghano, China White, etc. I could live without P at times. By a small carelessness I have built a relapse into old habits. Today I'm more violent than ever.

As part of my Patchouli test marathon I have tested over 40 patch scents and essential oils over the past few months. I had already emptied a bottle of this candidate in advance. Looking back my impressions from the year 2011 or 2012.

[Flashback]
The Afghan is supposed to be, I think, while I steer towards the big shelf wall with the many perfume bottles. Haven't had one in a long time. But wait! What's that? What's that? The Afghan and his clan have had new neighbors. The Nasomatto family really caught my eye during my last visit, with its tasty flacons and promising names. The Afghan, this black oil, I sprayed on myself then ... And now this. JOVOY. Hmm, never heard of it. Unlike the Nasomattos, the slightly curved, heavy containers stand like modern sculptures on black, marble pedestals. L´Enfant Terrible, La Liturgie des Heures, etc. PSYCHEDELIQUE! That fully arouses my interest. Well done I already know what's inside. An old friend from the seventies. It wasn't hard. I press the nebulizer and the patchouli reveals itself to me quite loudly. Bright tones set refreshing new accents, some remain standing for a while, others are plucked only briefly. The Patchouli is always present, never retreats. A hint of lemon gives the familiar fragrance a new freshness. After this loud, slightly fresh start, a subtle sweetness sets in. Bitter-sweet. Like a high quality chocolate with a high cocoa content, it envelops the patchouli without completely combining with it and gives the fragrance even more body. Amber and musk now intervene and prevent the descent into too dark vaults.
At that time I didn't know what the consequences of buying this perfume would be for me. The relapse into old scent habits was thus initiated.

Today and forty patchouli fragrances further on and always on the hunt for the ultimate kick, my impressions of that time are no longer comprehensible to me. It's worth noting how my perception and taste for perfume has changed in the meantime. Because of my positive memory of this fragrance, I wanted to buy another bottle of Psychedelique. Fortunately the fragrance is not available at the moment and I had to be content with a bottling from the souk. I don't think Jovoy has changed perfume in the meantime because of a reformulation. Besides my current favourites like Montale Patchouli Leaves, Il Profumo Patchouli Noir, Profumum Roma Patchouly, Les Nereides Precieux Patchouli, etc. Psychedelique simply has no chance anymore with me. Not high enough.

In psychedelique I only perceive patchouli in homeopathic doses, the scent is too musky for me, I don't like this hairspray note. Too sweet by the vanilla. In fact, he reminds me of the '80s. Heavy Sillage and long shelf life. Surely a beautiful, a special fragrance, I have worn it almost daily for a while.
Psychedelique is supposed to be a tribute to the 60s, to Woodstock and the hippie era, a bow to Jimi Hendrix, Jefferson Airplane, Janis Joplin, Santana, etc. a tribute to psychedelic rock! And Jovoy didn't succeed. Topic missed! Montale's Patchouli Leaves would be more appropriate. He beamed me straight back to that time. But that's another story.
9.0 9.0 7.0/10

Drugs? No Thanks
Drugs were never my subject. However, I work with drugs every day and I have never been tempted to try anything like this before. If we are now on the subject of psychotropic substances, I would have to say that alcohol is one of them. Well, yes. But then I'll take it to myself. Just like a perfume called Psychédelique. I was able to get a bottle of it.

It's another rainy day. It is of course April and there it can change within minutes between rain and sunshine. Just like today. Not long outdoors, rather spend the evening at home. All right, school calls and something should be done. The weather has jumped quite into my hands. Oh what else could you do but apply a great fragrance in the evening? How was he supposed to smell? It is cool 10° outside (by the way I like it very much) and therefore it may be something heavier. I'm going to my 70 bottlings. Oh, there's a smaller pocket sprayer. Oh. Oh. Oh. Psychédelique from Jovoy? Yes, I smelled it for a second and I smack my right wrist.
This scent reminds me of a scent I can't name. Back when I was testing him on paper. There are no twin fragrances indicated. Oh. Oh. Who knows it? You smell a scent and know exactly, you have already smelt something like this but do not know how you know it. And that's how I feel. I find this feeling extremely annoying. It is so nerve-wracking that it often occupies me for a long time. Maybe someone knows :D

Back to the scent. Well, some time has passed and I miss the citric notes in their clarity. He comes across as very heavy to me from the beginning. I've been smelling Amber with patchouli since the beginning. With a light, blend and old vanilla. Now comes a little hint of geranium. When you break off the geranium or rub the leaves between two fingers, you smell exactly this smell. But he's very delicate in the background.
Now it becomes more and more difficult for me to describe this fragrance more precisely. Cause I smell a lot of patchouli here. Later, the musk with viiieeelll vanilla is added. but never the typical sweet vanilla but a heavy, old vanilla.

mMn a good fragrance. For me, however, it is too heavy and too one-sided. No everyday scent but rather a scent to eat. Please enjoy only in winter/autumn or on cool days.

7.5 7.5 10.0 8.0/10

Drseid
Chocolate and Patchouli Anyone?...
Psychedelique opens with a quite sweet and almost ginger-like dark candied fruit accord before it changes completely as it enters its mid-section. As the fragrance enters its early heart, the candied fruit from the open begins to slowly morph into a relatively clean musk, slightly sweet amber and earthy patchouli starring trio with dark rose support with the overall early heart accord coming off as a rich dark chocolate. As the fragrance enters the late dry-down, the patchouli takes over in a big way with the amber and musk still present now firmly in supporting roles. Projection is above average and longevity outstanding at over 12 hours on skin.

Psychedelique provides the wearer with quite the ride. It starts off with a nice sweet gingery drunken fruit that turns into to a dark earthy chocolate before finally revealing its true nature in the later part of its dry-down as it proves a real earthy patchouli bomb. When you examine the sparse official list of notes, one might expect a fragrance with a completely different profile but Jacques Flori does a fine job taking familiar notes and accords, skillfully combining them in interesting ways to reveal unexpected surprises. The open and close are the most appealing parts of Psychedelique's development to this review's preferences, as the earthy dark chocolate mid phase is just a bit too gourmand-like. That said, even during its least desirable parts the composition remains interesting and smells quite good. One observation made while wearing it on skin was Psychedelique smells much better when sniffed from afar (or on others) in sillage form rather than up close. The bottom line is Psychedelique is not without its flaws but they are rather minor, and this near excellent 3.5 to 4 star rated composition is definitely sniff worthy and maybe even purchase-worthy despite its $180 a 100ml bottle price tag. Recommended.
5.0 7.5 10.0 6.0/10

Yeah Baby!
Chill and let yourself go in the damp, musty, and sweet arms of Mother Earth.
Peace and Love brothers and sisters.
Let’s all sit together around a warm campfire in the woods after the rain, and feel our long locks gently brush the naked skin of our bodies, as we bask in the glow of the moon.
Ravi Shankar and Joan Baez may be playing their funky music, but we’re talking Woodstock for the 21st Century here.
The Age of Aquarius perhaps, but this is more Hippy chic than Hippy shack.
A bombastic patchouli with a mega personality as it is known for, coupled with a healthy dose of yummy vanilla.
Nice one Jovoy.

Trucklady 51 days ago
Ever planted in the garden wearing soft kid skin gloves and a cream silk suit? That is what this scent FEELS like. Sultry earth.
6.0
JoaoMartins 76 days ago
Fantastic patchouli. One of the best I've ever tried. Super delicious!

by Shivsri13
by Hermessenz
by Couchlock
by Couchlock

Popular Jovoy

Psychédelique by Jovoy Private Label by Jovoy L'Enfant Terrible by Jovoy Les Jeux sont Faits by Jovoy La Liturgie des Heures by Jovoy Rouge Assassin by Jovoy Ambre Premier by Jovoy Terra Incognita by Jovoy L'Arbre de la Connaissance by Jovoy Gardez-Moi (2013) by Jovoy Les 7 Parfums Capitaux - Chypre by Jovoy L'Art de la Guerre by Jovoy Les 7 Parfums Capitaux - Boisé by Jovoy Incident Diplomatique by Jovoy Les 7 Parfums Capitaux - Poudré by Jovoy Remember Me by Jovoy Les 7 Parfums Capitaux - Hesperidé by Jovoy Les 7 Parfums Capitaux - Oriental by Jovoy Les 7 Parfums Capitaux - Fougère by Jovoy Quand? by Jovoy