Rouge Assassin (2012)

Rouge Assassin by Jovoy

Rouge Assassin is a perfume by Jovoy for women and was released in 2012. The scent is powdery-floral. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Elemi resin, Rose
Heart Notes Heart NotesAmbrette, Iris, Rice
Base Notes Base NotesBenzoin, Sandalwood, Tonka bean, Vanilla, White musk, Cedar

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 04.12.2019.

7.0 10.0 10.0 9.5/10

Katniss
Cosmetic fragrance of a different kind
after about 4 years I remembered that I wanted to test this scent. And since I have AlzD right in front of my front door, I spontaneously set off now.

Unfortunately, the opening had disappointed me a little. But that had me already very many of my favorite scents.

So I let a few minutes go by. I had expected a wild, erotic bomb a la 1889 Moulin Rouge. But that's by no means the scent. The beginning is slightly citric fresh and by no means as sweet, or voluminous and dry dusty as Moulin Rouge.

But nevertheless it is a cosmetic make-up scent, which is different from Moulin, Lipstick Rose & Co. At first I had to think of a resemblance to Incarnata, albeit more gently. In any case, it is closer to Incarnata than to Moulin.

The top note is somewhat citric and spicy, perhaps a bit herbaceous. Ambrette initially somewhat dominant. But after a few minutes, the powdery, cosmetic skin nuances that are supposed to make up the fragrance open up in the heart note. The Ambrette is slowly fading. Which I'm glad.

What distinguishes the fragrance from other make-up fragrances is a spiciness that I often smell in men's fragrances, and that can also be found in the "For love of fragrance" perfume. Actually no fragrance I would have expected in this fragrance category.

The interesting thing is that I only perceive this slight spiciness directly on the skin, but not in my Sillage.
It becomes weaker, but runs through the course of the fragrance. But please don't think it's a spicy fragrance. It's just a light breeze.

Who expects a kind of Moulin Rouge or Lipstick Rose will surely be disappointed, but who wants a better Incarnata is very well served here.
Incarnata has a great heart note, but does not develop well in the course of time.

Rouge Assassin, on the other hand, becomes more beautiful, is rather quiet and reserved, and is suitable for everyday life. An overdosing stop is built in. While the bombs are rather evening perfumes for appropriate occasions and should be chosen with caution. With Rouge Assassin the businesswoman can be seen at appointments and leaves a lasting impression with an elegant and serious, luxurious fragrance.

Not expansive, but unmistakably present. I think it's great and I bought my first fragrance again after 4 years with Rouge Assassin.
5.0 7.5 8.0/10

Red Murder? Not at all!
"Rouge Assassin" exatly meets one of my favorite perfume types. It is starting with bergamotte. Then within a short time, there is that mixture of a balsamic and resinous note I like very much. The aromatic fragranting note of elemi ist appearing. Yet there is also somehow in the backround a flower, I suppose the rose with a whiff of dark-green. This all together is smelling with a powdry and creamy scent, sweet but not to much. Because the woody notes are preventing "Rouge Assassin" to become a gourmand scent. Though vanilla and tonka bean and musc are as well listed.
In fact I cannot distinct apart all the ingredients. But the top of it is a certain bitter note which is intriguing me always in perfums. I can not classify which ingredient is owed to the bitterness in "Rouge Assassin" .
A good longevity and a moderate sillage is given. A scent for every opportunity.
However, "Rouge Assassin" is wonderful, of a good quality but not an unique scent. Therefore I ratet "Rouge Assassin" only with 80 %. Because I could list about a dozend of scents which are very similar to it. And I'm owning some of it of course.

by EauMySoul
by EauMySoul
by Nicheuphoria
by Nicheuphoria

Popular Jovoy

Psychédelique by Jovoy Private Label by Jovoy L'Enfant Terrible by Jovoy Les Jeux sont Faits by Jovoy La Liturgie des Heures by Jovoy Ambre Premier by Jovoy Rouge Assassin by Jovoy Terra Incognita by Jovoy L'Arbre de la Connaissance by Jovoy Gardez-Moi (2013) by Jovoy L'Art de la Guerre by Jovoy Les 7 Parfums Capitaux - Chypre by Jovoy Incident Diplomatique by Jovoy Les 7 Parfums Capitaux - Boisé by Jovoy Les 7 Parfums Capitaux - Poudré by Jovoy Remember Me by Jovoy Les 7 Parfums Capitaux - Hesperidé by Jovoy Les 7 Parfums Capitaux - Oriental by Jovoy Les 7 Parfums Capitaux - Fougère by Jovoy Quand? by Jovoy