Couture Couture 2009 Eau de Parfum

Couture Couture (Eau de Parfum) by Juicy Couture
Couture Couture (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Juicy Couture for women and was released in 2009. The scent is floral-sweet. It was last marketed by Elizabeth Arden.

Honorine Blanc

PlumPlum
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergrisAmbergris
SandalwoodSandalwood
VanillaVanilla

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 25.09.2021.

Bling Bling Couture Couture
Couture Couture from Juicy Couture I got to know in early 2014, wore it for a short time and then soon gave it away.
Not that I didn't like him, no. Exactly at the time when I bought and wore it, I was personally not well because of my "marriage drama" at that time. The scent reminded me of the painful experiences of that time and so I gave it away. The past is now over and at some point I decided to try the scent again. I always try to separate negative experiences from a scent, even if it does not succeed immediately and takes time. It's like somehow casting off a prejudice through confrontation.
If at first I only had a small 30 ml roundish bottle like an egg, this time I get myself the 100 ml bottle. It was not until afterwards that I learned here on Parfumo that this egg was a special edition. But here I find the normal bottle much more splendid and the "egg" much simpler and simpler.
The bottle is already very conspicuous, and makes in each collection what für´s eye ago. It is probably supposed to remind of a monstrance, a golden sacral church ornament for the altar, which is supposed to carry a host in the middle.
Now for the fragrance. The fragrances of Juicy Couture are mostly sweet-fruity and gourmandig with very kitschy flacons. And it's cute here too, yet there's also something adult resonating here.
By and large I would describe it as flowery-sweet with a slightly oriental base.
I recognize orange blossom, jasmine and something fruity, which must probably be the plum.
The base is oriental with warm ambergris, sandalwood and vanilla.
The fragrance remains compact and sweet throughout, with a slightly tart undertone that may come from the plum.
The Sillage and the durability are very good. You have to be careful not to get too much of it.
I am glad that I have made peace with the fragrance.

My favourite Juicy Couture scent
While I can understand why so many people dislike Couture Couture, I personally find myself rather enjoying it. I do not consider this fragrance unpleasant at all.

In fact, Couture Couture is my favourite from the Juicy Couture fragrance range. It's a somewhat odd smelling fragrance, not something that I'm particularly used to trying.

In some ways I find it a little similar to the newly released Christian Audigier For Her. It seems as if loud florals with strong fruity notes are becoming fashionable again in the fragrance industry.

I don't think Couture Couture smells cheap at all. I also don't find the bottle tacky or ridiculous in any way. The composition has ensured a perfect blend of fruits, flowers, woodsy notes and vanilla.

Upon first application the mandarin orange, orange blossom and grapefruit top notes are smooth and strangely intriguing. What follows is mostly plum, rich and jammy. The honeysuckle and jasmine sit lightly in the background, providing subtle hints of softness and femininity.

The drydown isn't particularly ground-breaking, however it is extremely pleasant and soft. The sandalwood, amber and vanilla provide a nice, basic conclusion to a rather unique fragrance.

The lasting power is very good and the same can be said for the amount of sillage. I am somewhat disappointed that there aren't many people appreciating this fragrance. I wonder if it had been under a different brand name, whether it would have the same bad reaction.

Bcars10Bcars10 4 years ago
No beastly jasmine notes here, a la Alien, but rather gentle wafts of florals floating around me. I get a JPG Classique vibe & LOVE IT!

by Liebmausdana
by Duftsammler
by Samy1990
by Samy1990

Popular Juicy Couture

Viva La Juicy Gold Couture by Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Sucré by Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Noir by Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy (Eau de Parfum) by Juicy Couture Dirty English (Eau de Toilette) by Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Rosé by Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Glacé by Juicy Couture Hollywood Royal by Juicy Couture Majestic Woods by Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Bowdacious by Juicy Couture Juicy Couture (Eau de Parfum) by Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Soirée by Juicy Couture Peace, Love & Juicy Couture by Juicy Couture Rock The Rainbow - Bye Bye Blues by Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy La Fleur (Eau de Toilette) by Juicy Couture I Am Juicy Couture by Juicy Couture Oui Juicy Couture by Juicy Couture Glistening Amber by Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Le Bubbly by Juicy Couture Rock The Rainbow - Rah Rah Rouge by Juicy Couture