Dirty English 2008 Eau de Toilette

Dirty English (Eau de Toilette) by Juicy Couture
7.4 / 10 257 Ratings
Dirty English (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Juicy Couture for men and was released in 2008. The scent is woody-spicy. It is being marketed by Revlon Inc.. Pronunciation
Goes well with Fueled / Fueled Up

Top Notes Top Notes BergamotBergamot Callitris columellaris CardamomCardamom CarawayCaraway Mandarin orangeMandarin orange
Heart Notes Heart Notes MarjoramMarjoram Black leatherBlack leather SandalwoodSandalwood Atlas cedarAtlas cedar VetiverVetiver
Base Notes Base Notes AmberAmber EbonyEbony MossMoss MuskMusk OudOud

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 23.12.2022.

8 in-depth fragrance descriptions

Helpful Review 6
Sometime world...
I met a man who felt the same way
That the world had passed him by...

He's riding a Norton Commando 850.
It probably belonged to his father.
He has a stubble and his hair is greasy. Either because of brillantine or because it's been three days since he last went home.
He's wearing a black double rider leather jacket, which surely has seen better days, and dusted black tight jeans and boots.
His weary eyes are hidden behind a pair of vintage American Optical Pilots.
They probably belonged to his father too.
He's leaning on his bike on the promenade, with a hip flask in his hands and a cigarillo hanging from his lips.
He reeks of motor oil and vintage Mickeyrourkeism.
He looks as tough as old boots and equally worn.
He's not looking for trouble, but trouble is definitely looking for him.
His slight whiff of sulphur and phosphorus, makes the Devil smile in his sleep.
He has just bought a fragrance, to spare him the talking.
Which one do you think it is?...

Helpful Review 7
Dirty Al Oudh English
Fantastic fragrance even if it's quite synthetic.
It has a slightly above-average performance and gives you a divine leather/woods experience with a twist of oud. You feel like having just parked your Harley before spraying this dirty juice. It is a bit dark just the way I like it. The blending seems to be somewhat complex and a balsamic camphoraceous and resinous accord is also to be noted.
It's clearly a fragrance that I like to wear.
I layered it with a vanilla scent for some added sweetness and the result was awesome as well.
A clear suggestion for Juicy Couture to make a Dirty Oud Leather Vanilla Englishman.

Let's see the math for Dirty Englishman:
___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
- Scent: 8.5 (very good - my judgement, my taste)
- Longevity: 7.5 (7 hours + with 3 sprays)
- Sillage: 7.5 (more than 4 feet for 3 hours with 3 sprays; projects noticeably for 2 hours); practical skin scent till the 8th or 9th hour.
- Uniqueness: 8.5 (not really unique but very well blended and similar to various niche perfumes, not similar to cheapies)
- Wearability: 8.0 (high for an oud blended fragrance)
- Versatility: 8.0 (high for an oud blended fragrance. but avoid hot weather).
- Quality: 8.0 (my judgement; It is a bit synthetic but there are clearly some unusual ingredients that make it very pleasant, namely a note generating a light camphoraceous touch)
- Presentation: 7.0 (not at all discrete but acceptable)
- Price: 10.0 (100 ml tester for 18 Euros and free shipping in superesencia.com)
___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
Average: 8.11 / 10.00

In my top choices? Not really but it's not far from it.
Will I buy it again? Yes, for sure (at this price and after ending the current bottle.
Is there an inexpensive Oud fragrance I like as much as this one? Yes, Bogart's Oud edition for instance.
Will I recommend it? a big YES due to the scent, and price.
This fragrance could be worn by dirty Englishman Peter O'Toole in Lawrence of Arabia.

Music: Sting - "Englishman In New York"

Very helpful Review 5
A little rough around the edges
Dirty English is true to its bottle design; very masculine, rich and boozy.

Spicy and dirty, this fragrance is either a love it or hate it. I personally love it because it is so different from the other male scents out there on the market.

The opening is extremely strong, almost like pouring straight rum onto your wrist and inhaling deeply. I am surprised to see that rum has not been included in the notes, for I swear that I can smell it.

Dirty English has that real bad-boy appeal. It's for the man that is a little bit of a classic bad-boy. He wears black leather jackets, rides fast motorbikes, slicks his hair back and smokes cigarettes. He can seduce a woman with just one glance in her direction.

This fragrance reeks of spice, woods and leather with a touch of boozy rum. It is almost impossible for a woman to pull this fragrance off. I feel like putting a sticker on the bottle saying 'for men only'.

The lasting strength is good and be warned, this fragrance is very strong, so please do not over-apply. You may have women running in the opposite direction if you do. I highly recommend.
2.5

Woods
Good scent, not unique though. Reminds a bit of Gucci Pour Homme I.

My complaints are about the weak longevity and projection.

I actually smell no oud in it, but more incense and woods.

Updated January 2014

Helpful Review 5
Manly, Yes, But I Like It Too!
Going against the grain, I actually think that Juicy Couture DIRTY ENGLISH is unisex! Sure there are no flowers or sugar or vanilla or fruits, but there are also none of the stereotypical masculine notes either: no lavender, no citrus, no metallic or aquatic yuckiness anywhere here to be sniffed!

I also do not find the composition dirty in the least. I had this sample in my queue for a very, very long time, but kept avoiding it under the assumption that it was going to be like Dior FAHRENHEIT--or something along those lines. Surely if not axle grease there would be something sweaty and animalic, I thought to myself.

Instead, I find DIRTY ENGLISH to be primarily a well-behaved incense perfume. Woody and slightly spicy: I like this JC offering much better than the made-for-chicks-in-velour-hoodies perfumes. I might actually acquire a bottle for myself--and wouldn't that lion escutcheon look nice on my dresser? A pleasant surprise.
More reviews

3 short views on the fragrance
ElysiumElysium 3 years ago
The way black leather blends with the woody and musky notes gives it a unique spice and overt masculinity when compared to other colognes.
ItchynoseItchynose 3 years ago
Beautiful mandarin and leather combo, shame my formulation has after shave level performance, close to the skin and fleeting.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 5 years ago
This is an easy to wear Oud fragrance just like I imagined one if made by Juicy Couture: Inexpensive, addictive, sweet, compliment getter...

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Images

31 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Juicy Couture

Viva La Juicy Gold Couture by Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Sucré by Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Noir by Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy (Eau de Parfum) by Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Glacé by Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Rosé by Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Bowdacious by Juicy Couture Majestic Woods by Juicy Couture Couture Couture (Eau de Parfum) by Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Soirée by Juicy Couture Juicy Couture (Eau de Parfum) by Juicy Couture Hollywood Royal by Juicy Couture Oui Juicy Couture by Juicy Couture Peace, Love & Juicy Couture by Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy La Fleur (Eau de Toilette) by Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Le Bubbly by Juicy Couture I Am Juicy Couture by Juicy Couture Glistening Amber by Juicy Couture Rock The Rainbow - Rah Rah Rouge by Juicy Couture Rock The Rainbow - Bye Bye Blues by Juicy Couture