Dirty English (2008) Eau de Toilette

Dirty English (Eau de Toilette) by Juicy Couture

Dirty English (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Juicy Couture for men and was released in 2008. The scent is woody-spicy. It is being marketed by Revlon.

Claude Dir

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Blue cypress, Cardamom, Caraway, Mandarin
Heart Notes Heart NotesMarjoram, Black leather, Sandalwood, Atlas cedar, Vetiver root
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Ebony, Moss, Musk, Oud

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 02.03.2019

9.0 5.0 5.0 6.0/10
Boozy
Scentrack: Thin Lizzy - Whiskey in a Jar

Great bottle design and great whisky-like juice color. Pale citrus notes are gone within milliseconds and a woody (cedar)-tobacco- light polished leather combo rule for the whole duration. Oud note in DE is very light and artificial, being just a cameo note. Unfortunately base notes are not deep, thus I have some performance issues on my skin.
Nice, manly scent. Some kind of simplified Gucci pour Homme or less smoky Carbone de Balmain. Perfect scentrack for drinking whisky in the pub. A hangover before the real hangover. Good value for the money.

Rating: 6/10
8.0 7.0 7.0 8.5/10
Dirty Al Oudh English
Fantastice fragrance even if it's very synthetic.
Above average performance and a divine leather and oud experience, a bit dark and dirty just the way I like it.
It's clearly a fragrance that I like to wear.
I layered with a vanilla scent and it is awsome as well.
A clear suggestion for Juicy Couture to make a Dirty Oud Leather Vanilla Englishman.

Let's see the math for Dirty Englishman:
- Scent: 8.5 (very good - my judgement)
- Longevity: 7.5 (7 hours + with 3 sprays)
- Sillage: 7.5 (more than 4 feet for 3 hours with 3 sprays; projects noticeably for 2 hours); practical skin scent till the 8th or 9th hour.
- Uniqueness: 8.5 (not really unique but very well blended and similar to various niche perfumes, not to cheapies)
- Wearability: 8.0 (high for an oud blended fragrance)
- Versatility: 8.0 (high for an oud blended fragrance. but avoid hot weather).
- Quality: 8.0 (my judgement)
- Presentation: 7.0 (not discrete but nice)
- Price: 10.0 (100 ml tester for 18 Euros and free shipping in superesencia.com)

Average: 8.11 / 10.00

In my top 20? Either in, or close to.
Will I buy it again? Yes for sure.
Is there a similar Oud fragrance I like as much as this one? Yes, Bogart's Oud edition.
Will I recommend it? a big YES due to the scent, and price.
This fragrance could be worn by Peter O'Tooie in Lawrence of Arabia.
10.0 7.5 7.5 9.0/10
Avoirdupois
Crankcase oil, an old wet leather jacket, lots of sweat...
Yeah, you get the idea! Dirty English is the Big Daddy of badass men's colognes. Weaklings need not apply. Wise Guys welcome.

The big, imposing, forboding heavy glass bottle with the macho cap is the first indication that this ain't no ordinary cologne. In fact, this bottle - one of the greatest designs ever - is virtually a lethal weapon.

Inside is the potent brew, the wizard's elixir, the alchemist's dream: a powerhouse, madhouse, roadhouse cologne for hard guys who live with danger and play for keeps.

No need to go into the business of aromas like bergamot, cypress, cardamom, marjoram, black leather, sandalwood, amber, musk and agarwood (oud)... yeah, they're all there in the mix, and more, to produce an uppercut blow from the start, running through to a knockout finish many hours later.

And better tell people to keep their distance because this cologne reaches out to touch from yards and yards away, to warn all and sundry to make way, to give way, as you hold sway over the crowd.

Of course, from time to time as the feeling hits, you'll want to keep someone special close, and here Dirty English gives you the power to bewitch, bewilder and bedevil your chosen one.

I love wearing this cologne, and even more than most guys, because I happen to be English... but I'm not always dirty. Keep the faith. Over to you.
7.5 5.0 5.0 7.0/10
Sometime world...
I met a man who felt the same way
That the world had passed him by...

He's riding a Norton Commando 850.
It probably belonged to his father.
He has a stubble and his hair is greasy. Either because of brillantine or because it's been three days since he last went home.
He's wearing a black double rider leather jacket, which surely has seen better days, and dusted black tight jeans and boots.
His weary eyes are hidden behind a pair of vintage American Optical Pilots.
They probably belonged to his father too.
He's leaning on his bike on the promenade, with a hip flask in his hands and a cigarillo hanging from his lips.
He reeks of motor oil and vintage Mickeyrourkeism.
He looks as tough as old boots and equally worn.
He's not looking for trouble, but trouble is definitely looking for him.
His slight whiff of sulphur and phosphorus, makes the Devil smile in his sleep.
He has just bought a fragrance, to spare him the talking.
Which one do you think it is?...
7.5 5.0 2.5 4.0/10
Woods
Good scent, not unique though. Reminds a bit of Gucci Pour Homme I.

My complaints are about the weak longevity and projection.

I actually smell no oud in it, but more incense and woods.

Updated January 2014
7.5 7.5 7.0/10
A little rough around the edges
Dirty English is true to its bottle design; very masculine, rich and boozy.

Spicy and dirty, this fragrance is either a love it or hate it. I personally love it because it is so different from the other male scents out there on the market.

The opening is extremely strong, almost like pouring straight rum onto your wrist and inhaling deeply. I am surprised to see that rum has not been included in the notes, for I swear that I can smell it.

Dirty English has that real bad-boy appeal. It's for the man that is a little bit of a classic bad-boy. He wears black leather jackets, rides fast motorbikes, slicks his hair back and smokes cigarettes. He can seduce a woman with just one glance in her direction.

This fragrance reeks of spice, woods and leather with a touch of boozy rum. It is almost impossible for a woman to pull this fragrance off. I feel like putting a sticker on the bottle saying 'for men only'.

The lasting strength is good and be warned, this fragrance is very strong, so please do not over-apply. You may have women running in the opposite direction if you do. I highly recommend.
10.0 7.5 7.5 7.0/10
Manly, Yes, But I Like It Too!
Going against the grain, I actually think that Juicy Couture DIRTY ENGLISH is unisex! Sure there are no flowers or sugar or vanilla or fruits, but there are also none of the stereotypical masculine notes either: no lavender, no citrus, no metallic or aquatic yuckiness anywhere here to be sniffed!

I also do not find the composition dirty in the least. I had this sample in my queue for a very, very long time, but kept avoiding it under the assumption that it was going to be like Dior FAHRENHEIT--or something along those lines. Surely if not axle grease there would be something sweaty and animalic, I thought to myself.

Instead, I find DIRTY ENGLISH to be primarily a well-behaved incense perfume. Woody and slightly spicy: I like this JC offering much better than the made-for-chicks-in-velour-hoodies perfumes. I might actually acquire a bottle for myself--and wouldn't that lion escutcheon look nice on my dresser? A pleasant surprise.
Alchemistory
Is it an homage or knock-off?
When I first smelled this, I said to myself, "Why does this remind me of the 80's and Aramis in particular?" Well, I was close...check the simularities between this and Devon, which is madw by Aramis. Either way, interseting that it doesn't fall in that ever too popular citrus/bug repellant trap so many of the targeted to the late teen to early 30's guy fragrances are currently.

Carlitos01 12 months ago
This is an easy to wear Oud fragrance just like I imagined one if made by Juicy Couture: Inexpensive, addictive, sweet, compliment getter...+1

by Irini
by Liebmausdana
by Whadelse89
by Whadelse89

Popular Juicy Couture

Viva La Juicy (Eau de Parfum) by Juicy Couture Dirty English (Eau de Toilette) by Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Gold Couture by Juicy Couture Juicy Couture (Eau de Parfum) by Juicy Couture Couture Couture (Eau de Parfum) by Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Noir by Juicy Couture Peace, Love & Juicy Couture by Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Sucré by Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy La Fleur (Eau de Toilette) by Juicy Couture Hollywood Royal by Juicy Couture Couture La La (Eau de Parfum) by Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Rosé by Juicy Couture I Am Juicy Couture (Eau de Parfum) by Juicy Couture Majestic Woods by Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Glacé by Juicy Couture Couture La La Malibu by Juicy Couture Oui Juicy Couture by Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Soirée by Juicy Couture Juicy Couture Malibu by Juicy Couture I ♥ Juicy Couture by Juicy Couture