Majestic Woods (2017)

Majestic Woods by Juicy Couture

Majestic Woods is a perfume by Juicy Couture for women and was released in 2017. The scent is woody-sweet. It is being marketed by Revlon.

Top Notes Top NotesTonka bean, Praliné
Heart Notes Heart NotesAmbrox, Amber
Base Notes Base NotesWoods, Patchouli

Submitted by Michael, last update on 02.05.2020.

Majestic Woods Juicy Couture
After reading reviews for this fragrance, I was nervous to blind buy a big bottle of it. However, one of my favourite fragrance reviewers on YouTube has it and loves it and I really trust her choices and opinions as I share many of the same loved fragrances as she does. She hates Margiela's By the Fireplace and so do I and she said that this was was nothing like it so that's all I needed to know to make me feel more confident in ordering a bottle (which was on sale for a great price.)

First of all, the presentation is impressive. It comes in a substantial, large box where you pull the top off and the bottle sits suspended in the base. The bottle looks expensive and well made, fancy if you will.

For those people who love Juicy Couture scents, this is a complete departure from their usual fragrance DNA. Do not expect this to be anything similar to any of their regular offerings.

Ordinarily, I do not enjoy any of Juicy Couture's fragrances (except for Gold Couture) so when I found out that this particular line was different, I had a sliver of hope.

I am so happy and relieved that I went with my gut instinct and bought it. I love it. Wood is the star of the show here. Generally speaking, I am afraid of anything "oud." It's nice here though. Well blended, smooth, cozy, smokey, not overpowering or too dank. I get the amber and tonka which makes it comforting and deep. There is a dry sweetness from the praline and that is my favourite part. The sum of all parts with this scent just seem to come together perfectly. It's gorgeous on my skin. There is something vaguely familiar about it which I couldn't figure out until I had worn it for a couple of hours. It reminds me of Spicebomb by Viktor & Rolf but a better version of it. Softer, less aggressive, not as harsh. Sometimes Spicebomb bothers my allergies but Majestic Woods doesn't bother them at all. Cinnamon isn't in this but I get an overall feel of it somehow. As other reviews stated, when you first spray this on, it tends to be a tad odd (the oud) but just wait until it begins to dry down, that is when the magic happens.

I don't know why they marketed this as a women's perfume, it really should have been marketed as unisex because it totally is. A man would have no problem wearing this scent, expecially if he enjoys wearing Spicebomb and Spicebomb Extreme.

If this was Juicy Couture's attempt at creating a "niche" vibe, in my opinion, they were successful!

Definitely an Autumn and Winter fragrance but the weather is still cool enough right now that I had no problem pulling this off in Spring.

by ChatonNoir
by ChatonNoir
by Liebmausdana
by Liebmausdana

Popular Juicy Couture

Viva La Juicy Gold Couture by Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Sucré by Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy (Eau de Parfum) by Juicy Couture Dirty English (Eau de Toilette) by Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Noir by Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Rosé by Juicy Couture Hollywood Royal by Juicy Couture Oui Juicy Couture by Juicy Couture Couture Couture (Eau de Parfum) by Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Glacé by Juicy Couture Juicy Couture (Eau de Parfum) by Juicy Couture Peace, Love & Juicy Couture by Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy La Fleur (Eau de Toilette) by Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Soirée by Juicy Couture I Am Juicy Couture by Juicy Couture Couture La La Malibu by Juicy Couture Rock The Rainbow - Oh So Orange by Juicy Couture Rock The Rainbow - Rah Rah Rouge by Juicy Couture Glistening Amber by Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Bowdacious by Juicy Couture