Viva La Juicy (2008) Eau de Parfum

Viva La Juicy (Eau de Parfum) by Juicy Couture

Viva La Juicy (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Juicy Couture for women and was released in 2008. The scent is sweet-fruity. It is being marketed by Revlon.

Honorine Blanc

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin, Wild berries
Heart Notes Heart NotesGardenia, Honeysuckle, Jasmine
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Caramel, Praliné, Sandalwood, Vanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 10.10.2019.

5.0 5.0 5.0 3.0/10

If You Need A Ribbon For A Birthday Gift...Or A Cute Hair Bow For Your Daughter
Very Berry was my first instinct. And grape chewing gum. But I'm not a kid anymore and I don't even chew gum. Matter of fact, Bazooka was my gum of choice, so grape doesn't even bring fond memories. Well, those notes blow off pretty quickly except the high fructose remains. I really can't see a reason for wearing this perfume, but all perfumes are fun to test and review. Would be wonderful for a teen, but far too expensive for one that age to purchase.
After about an hour, this fragrance dies down to a cloying generic sweetness. No florals or woodiness mixed in, but I did sense some caramel and a tad bit of vanilla.
I'd say the presentation is more in the bottle and wrapping than what's inside, but isn't that how Juicy Couture began with their running suits and logo? Pretty adorably cute packaging on the outside for the younger set. That ribbons just right for the tween. And if you need one for a birthday gift or your kindergartener.
10.0 7.5 7.5 5.0/10

Light, Simple, Caramel Scent
Juicy Couture VIVA LA JUICY is not all that juicy to my nose. It smells more like a dilute solution of caramel sauce, as though one took a spoon of molten caramel and stirred it into a pan of hot water. The flowers are virtually undetectable to my nose, and the composition seems quite simple and linear. This is probably fine, if you're looking to smell like a dilute solution of caramel sauce. It does not smell either stale or poisonous, so that already places VIVA LA JUICY leaps and bounds above lots of mainstream "caramelesque" scents.

I love the bottle. I hereby confess. I don't care that everyone else thinks that it looks like kitsch. The image is one thing, and the reality is another. These bottles pack some serious heft, which I've found sadly missing in the case of many niche perfumes which deserve to be showcased in a beautiful vessel but are not. Instead, "serious perfumers"--not all of them, fortunately--seem to get all caught up in the confusion according to which bottles don't matter.

In fact, bottles do matter. Why? Because you have to touch the bottle in order to apply the perfume. Just as I do not eat my dinner with a plastic fork, I do not wish to apply perfume from some crappy bottle that costs 5 cents to produce in China.

The Juicy Couture bottles have thick glass bottoms, which is always a winner in my bottle book. Plus the caps are made not of the usual lightweight cheap-o plastic but a heavier lucite material. Honestly, these bottles are nice, if you can look beyond the accessories hanging around their necks--which are, by the way, removable!
7.5 7.5 6.0/10

Sweet and juicy
I don't mind this fragrance and I can certainly understand its popularity. It is very girly, sweet and playful.

It is a little similar to Miss Dior Cherie I thought, yet there is a softer more powdery blend of vanilla, gardenia and jasmine. I can see why it is so commonly worn by young teen girls.

In the US I have heard that both this fragrance and the original Juicy Couture are best sellers, however in Australia it is not so popular which allows me to consider buying this seeming that not many people wear this fragrance.

The bottle is really cute, yet I'll be honest and say that I'd probably feel a little embarassed having it on my dresser because it looks a little childish.

I do like this fragrance a lot, but I doubt I'd ever purchase it because I feel that I have way too many sweet and gourmand scents in my collection. I'm aiming to buy more grown-up fragrances that I can love and wear for many years to come. I'm sorry, but I just don't see myself wearing Viva La Juicy when I'm 30 years old.

The lasting strength was great, I didn't have a problem with that at all. I thought the sillage was also quite good and more than often a few sprays was enough to last the entire day.

by Andreas09
by Tiane
by MariellaMmmh
by MariellaMmmh
by Soraya
Meiner Meinung nach sollten viel mehr Hersteller auch mal ein Taschenformat vom Duft vertreiben. Finde ich hier in diesem Fall auch noch ganz witzig aufgemacht.
by MsHellfire
by Schnuffi
by Schnuffi
by Nale
by Nale
by Madkat
by Madkat

Popular Juicy Couture

Viva La Juicy (Eau de Parfum) by Juicy Couture Dirty English (Eau de Toilette) by Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Gold Couture by Juicy Couture Juicy Couture (Eau de Parfum) by Juicy Couture Couture Couture (Eau de Parfum) by Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Noir by Juicy Couture Peace, Love & Juicy Couture by Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Sucré by Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy La Fleur (Eau de Toilette) by Juicy Couture Hollywood Royal by Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Rosé by Juicy Couture Couture La La (Eau de Parfum) by Juicy Couture Majestic Woods by Juicy Couture I Am Juicy Couture by Juicy Couture Oui Juicy Couture by Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Glacé by Juicy Couture Couture La La Malibu by Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Soirée by Juicy Couture Juicy Couture Malibu by Juicy Couture I ♥ Juicy Couture by Juicy Couture