Viva La Juicy Gold Couture 2014

Viva La Juicy Gold Couture by Juicy Couture
Viva La Juicy Gold Couture is a popular limited perfume by Juicy Couture for women and was released in 2014. The scent is sweet-gourmand. It is being marketed by Revlon. Limited Edition

Honorine Blanc

Wild berriesWild berries
HoneysuckleHoneysuckle
AmberAmber
CaramelCaramel
VanillaVanilla
JasmineJasmine
SandalwoodSandalwood

Submitted by Michael, last update on 02.10.2021.

5.5
It goes
I bought this perfume because of a us an acquaintance YouTubers. Of course I had mega expectations, which were unfortunately disappointed. Do not get me wrong, the fragrance is okay, but my expectations were just way too high. It smells like floral, berry caramel. Viva la juicy Gold is the perfume version of a garment you reach for when you don't know what else to wear. Not particularly striking, kind of 08 15, but not strikingly bad either. What I really think is bad, on the other hand, is the bottle. If it hadn't looked so awful on my shelf, I probably would have kept the perfume. As it is, I gave it to a friend as a gift. If at least the pink writing would not be
Balticsea
"Girls Just wanna have fun" (Women's Perfume Review Vol. 2)
Moin you dear Parfumas (and you dear Parfumos). After my wife liked my review of Scandal so well, I am compelled by her to review more women's fragrances. (Honey, if you're reading this - "coerced "may have been a bit thick)

(For all the impatient, below starts the fragrance review)

For the past 3 days now, our evening routine looks like this:

Glad to finally have closing time, I rise from my workplace which is also our dining table, on which I have placed since the beginning of the pandemic makeshift my home office PC. (In these times we are lucky to have a safe workplace at all!) I enter the living room and turn to my wife.

"Honey, what do you want for dinner tonight?"

She looks up from the sofa at me and considers.

"I don't know, I'm pretty beat from work." (I have the utmost respect for my wife's work, she gets up every day to pursue her dream job full of dedication as a geriatric nurse in a nursing home, despite lousy pay and disastrous working conditions she loves her job - honey, the world is grateful for people like you!!!)

Still she looks at me thoughtfully.

"Otherwise, do you want to just have something delivered?" i try to take the thinking out of her. But still she seems to be brooding. Only now do I notice that she is looking in my direction, but somehow through me.

"Honey, are you okay?" I ask her.

"Hmm? Oh yeah everything's fine. Do you want to just order something else?" she replies.

Somewhat amused and at the same time a little confused I grin at her and reply:
"You haven't been listening to me at all have you? So tell me, what were you thinking about just now?"

Her gaze avoids mine a little and I see that sardonic grin that I love about her, among other things.

"You wrote about Scandal a few days ago, didn't you?" she says, looking at me with a broad grin by now.

"Let me guess, now you want me to write about another scent of yours or?" i finish her thought.

Grinning even wider, she jumps up from the couch, takes a step towards me and gives me a kiss on the cheek. Immediately our lady dog rises from her seat as well, wagging her tail and signaling "hey, I'm here too, love me." My wife immediately squats down and pets Bonny behind both ears. As she does so, she looks at me and says:

"You're the best. You get to decide on what scent, too. And you get to decide what we order. Oh, by the way - I'd like a shrimp pizza."

And before I can even reply that I
get to pick the food after all, she leaves the room grinning....

What you don't do for the people you love. But my dear, don't worry. Reviewing a little about a fragrance is no great deed and I'm very happy to do it. Even though a week ago you looked at me like I was an alien when you realized I was writing about perfumes on a forum. :-)
I love doing it and it's no comparison to you making me happy and giving me purpose every day. But let's finally get down to the nitty gritty for all of you who have stuck it out this far, Viva la Juicy Gold Couture, so let's get started:

The bottle: 8/10

Kitschy, girly, pompous - in short, visually for all those who stand on kitschy just the hammer. (my wife loves the bottle) The name also fits the design. Also the sprayer is quite neat. A big drawback, however, there is. You can not see the fill level unfortunately.

The fragrance:

Let's give ourselves to the scent:

The fragrance starts with the Viva la Juicy typical berry potpourri. I must really say, fruity berries can Viva la Juicy simply. Incredibly fruity, delicious, sweet and delicious. Also, I find that VlJ fragrances always smell a tiny bit like clear apple juice. But that's not meant in a negative way at all. True, the apple is not listed. But the association to apple juice I have every time I smell. Very discreetly joins the party after a short time a very slight floral influence. However, really very restrained. The fragrance is not at all floral, but throughout mainly fruity-sweet. The fragrance doesn't have a lot of complexity, but it doesn't have to. After 20 minutes you know how you will smell now until the end. Because now, in addition to the berry-fruity notes, the other two main actors in the form of caramel (no burnt sugar, more like toffee) and vanilla, have pushed to the front. And it's these three main players that the fragrance thrives on. In contrast to the normal VlJ, the Gold Couture is a real little gourmand due to the caramel and the vanilla, but it also remains fruity until the end. Simply delicious.

In short: initially juicy-berry-fruity, then after a short time comes vanilla and caramel to it. The fragrance simply a sweet-fruity dream.

Durability: 5/10

Biggest drawback of the fragrance is the meager durability. But I think that this is so intentional, because all VlJ are very moderate. After 5 hours is completely closing time. Too bad.

Sillage: 5/10

Here too, after 2 hours unfortunately already very close to the skin. Without pocket atomizer unfortunately only a short experience.

Compliments: 10/10

The thing is incredibly popular. My wife has not yet received a single negative feedback and especially men love this fragrance. He is sexy without screaming loudly, sensual without wanting to seduce. A great, pleasing fragrance.

Wearability: 9/10

The fragrance is actually wearable all year round. Despite sweet gourmandnoten goes the also in the summer. The moderate durability and sillage makes him even in high temperatures not exhausting or penetrating. He also fits into any situation, date, everyday, party - even in the office goes the. Only at over 25 degrees or during sports he fits perhaps not quite so well. Otherwise a sweet all-rounder, not only for teens or girly girls :-P, but also at an older age still wearable. Maybe not necessarily to the business outfit. But hey -why not?

Price / performance: 9/10

The fragrance is to get again and again for 40.00€/100ml and for this price more than okay. Of course, this fragrance is not the great perfume art, but Viva la Juicy does a very good job in this price segment. They stay true to their line. And for 40,00€ you get here an incredibly delicious, sweet fragrance that you will love.

Conclusion:

Gold Couture is the best from the house of Viva la Juicy. Gourmandig sweet fruity fragrance that is much more than just a girlie fragrance. Flacon you have to like (we do), H/S unfortunately not good, but at the price you can re-spray without a guilty conscience. Very clear buy recommendation and definitely a blind buy candidate. Do you like the fragrance pyramid? Then you like the fragrance in any case!

So my dear, there you have the salad. I hope that's enough. To all of you who made it this far - my condolences - but you made it.

To all the perfumas, always remember - yourselves are your greatest strength........

To all Parfumos - .....and our greatest weakness. :-) (that's what we love them for)

To my wife - We're not ordering tonight though!!! So unless you want to. Then yes we do, but I'm picking. Pizza. With shrimp...damn, I give up. :-P

As always hanseatische greetings ⚓
Puschek95
Caramel crisp with floral twist
I was sure I had already written a comment on my signature perfume.
I've known this perfume for ages. It has already become so natural that I have not even openly announced my love.

Even though the description sounds funny. To me, the perfume smells like wannabe bitchy suburban diva with lots of fluff and high heels on. :D (no, I'm not meant, wear more often comfortable than fancy things hahaha)

The perfume doesn't have a great progression. It starts with a warm amber vanilla note (which reminds me of the basic principle of the body spray Amber Romance of Victoria Secret whereby vs is more fruity) with minimal, slightly floral angehauchtem or angetüpfeltes small something at white flowers.

It's nothing special or strongly exciting in the end effect. But that's exactly why it crowned itself my signature scent years ago. Whether summer or winter, good or bad mood, office or go out in the evening - the perfume can do everything and smells in every situation depending on the dosage top and absolutely appropriate.
Compliments I get with this perfume un lied i m m e r.

It becomes with the time however strongly Karamell lastiger. In fact, I find it to be the only caramel perfume on the market where I can clearly smell it out on my skin. Unlike the juicy noir, I also find that this perfume has no age limit, as it has less fruit and more warmth.

The longevity is extreme on me. Holds with me until the next day, so I smell the perfume throughout on my bathrobe. It does not want to go away and it should not.

Honestly? I love it, an uncomplicated and good smelling immergeher. :) Woman definitely smells sexy
Golden seduction
After a certain Youtube perfume Influenzer with J could not stop raving about this so uuuuunglaublich sexy perfume, I decided to get me a bottling of the fragrance, although I am not even particularly enthusiastic about said Youtuber.

After just a few days with the bottling, I decided to add this scent to my collection. Usually I am not too big a fan of very sweet and gourmand fragrances. Just the prelude of Viva a Juicy Gold Couture inspires me, however, very much. Especially in the beginning, it smells not only gourmand sweet, but also very fruity and a bit fresh. This freshness fades however (unfortunately ;( ) and with the time it smells then clearly more like caramel. I myself smell, however, even later still a fruity note, but perhaps it is more wishful thinking, my friend at least smells after a few hours nothing more of the fresh-fruity note.

It is definitely a fragrance that is very sweet but still not too heavy. With this combination, it actually smells very seductive and sexy!
It has a good durability and I like to wear it in winter, in the evening or for going out.

So I think it's definitely worth trying out the fragrance. You should only remember that it changes significantly in the drydown and at least with me he smells on the skin also clearly different than on a fragrance strip.
Bransi
So, what I wanted to get off my chest
i am a little disappointed, because this fragrance is neither sweet nor gourmand in my home. Not at all. I don't think this scent is Christmassy or wintery at all. It's not unpleasant, but it goes more in the direction of slightly flowery, a bit fruity, then there is a powdery note to it Unfortunately I also have to say that H&S are only moderate.
Can be trahen altogether, but I just empty the bottling and that's it.
Christmas smells different to me
Mmmmhh :-)
Gold Couture is one of my absolute favourite fragrances. It has a little caramel, a little fruit and above all a sweetness that is not heavy but still very pleasant. Unlike some other perfumes, I can smell the fragrance even when I'm not sniffing directly on my arm. It's a delicate breeze that hovers around you, not a smashing bomb. Can only recommend a test if it should be very sweet and yet not too heavy
Sweet as sugar
The smell is sweet as sugar!
In the beginning a little much and very difficult ...
Found him on a YouTube video.
My friend likes him.. It's definitely a winter scent... Ideal for the Christmas market etc
Not my Darling
When I read about this fragrance, I was very excited and wanted to have it.
Already knew some fragrances of Juicy Couture, but not this one. Unfortunately it didn't exist in turquoise in my town.
That drove me crazy, because the scents sounded dreamlike.
So I drove with my son to another town to test that scent. He is used to it now and also likes to sniff different flacons and has already pressed one or the other fragrance into my hand, which I would never have noticed but have surprised me very positively There he was, I sprayed right on my wrist. Hmmm...wait...i couldn't understand why this scent didn't get the way it was described. Where was that magical gourmand note? It was in vain..unfortunately I got a bit sick of it.I couldn't smell any scent..
I wonder why it doesn't smell so wonderful on me when everyone's raving about it?
Things I'll probably never understand :)
Too bad, according to the description a dream ... but for me not wearable at all.
GirlofNow
Somehow I don't get warm with you...
(First of all who read my statement about this fragrance I talked good at the beginning of this fragrance but now after some testing I have formed my own opinion in the meantime). Many as I noticed, have become attentive by Jeremy Fragrance to this smell which is not otherwise with me or better said was;))) In his videos you have very clearly noticed that he loves this fragrance to women and does not get enough of it:D And yes I admit I look very, very much like his videos because I have also discovered through him great fragrances for me that I still love very much until now:)))) I have also asked myself here on Parfumo to see how others perceive this fragrance and the reviews of this fragrance are also very positive as I can see, so I wanted to test again to get a more accurate opinion .... Unfortunately you can't find the Juicy Couture fragrances in normal perfumeries in Switzerland, also for this perfume I had to drive to the Douglas.... Well, anyway, I looked around and finally found the Juicy Couture fragrances, I took a test strip and sprayed Juicy Couture Gold Couture and waited 2min. for a while I looked at Parfumo to see what the fragrances are for this fragrance. The fragrance is described as sweet, gourmandig... After reading the scents I kept the test strip under my nose... I smelled neither a delicious caramel note, nor vanilla... Admittedly I was mega disappointed because everyone was always raving about how sweet and gourmandig the fragrance is....it's NOT! Unfortunately
I didn't smell caramel or vanilla on my skin either. All I could smell were flowery and fruity notes, which were unfortunately also very synthetic in my nose:(( On my skin it hardly held, I smelled about the 3rd hours and then I could smell nothing more on my skin. Personally I also think that you can find good fragrances in the drugstore that smell exactly the same and you don't have to spend 60Fr. for it. Whenever I smelled on my wrist the scent of Escada celebrate now came to my mind. If someone is looking for a cheaper variant of the Gold Couture this is actually just the right one. Somehow I cannot imagine at all with this smell that a man should be a magnet to be honest... It smells actually like every other celebrity or better said like every other Escada fragrance.... But also there I say simply times before from everyone has a different taste and mine has unfortunately not become that. For girls who still go to school or do an apprenticeship it is actually quite okey, but there are better ones too! It was just my personal opinion about this fragrance if someone else is of the opinion, I understand that too! It can be that, which smells only with me not so caramel but with others again already.
Not more than 20
I just mucked out my perfume collection the other day. I was at 17, including Juicy Couture Gold Couture. But he was almost out. I thought in any case, unfortunately this is difficult to see with these stupid non-transparent flacons. I wanted to use up my Gold Couture and then I would be at 16 and had four new fragrances in my eye anyway. There should be 20 scents at the end. I could live with that number. I'd never be down to 10. Let's just say I've lost two scents... Everyone else is indispensable! And I wanted a round number. That's why 20.

I really have to say, the packaging of the fragrance annoys me unbelievably. It's so kitschy AND then it's not transparent (really, I hate that). But mostly, I didn't pick up the scent because the wrapping sucks. Somehow I always thought, unconsciously, it's a girl's scent. Yeah, I know, I got some "girl scents," and they don't bother me so much. But they also don't have such a kitschy packaging :D

So after a few weeks I've finally used it up. With each spray I thought to myself: Why don't I use it more often, it's actually really beautiful. And practically every single time he accompanied me, I got a compliment. Some friends liked him, but as soon as I said Juicy Couture they were scared off. I can understand that somehow, but that was the reason why I didn't wear this little darling so often anymore.

But it's what's in it that counts. And what's in there. Man oh man... It's awesome! The fragrance is wonderfully sensual, delicious, elegant and unobtrusive. It keeps on my skin for a very long time and my environment smells it but it is never penetrating. None of the individual scents is over-dominant, on the contrary, they all harmonize beautifully with each other. Personally, I can only smell three notes: vanilla, amber and caramel. All scents that I basically love. I am a gourmand lover :D

This breathtaking fragrance has long been my date night companion. I always wore it when I wanted to feel seductive and sexy. But let's be honest: Who doesn't want to feel fabulous and self-confident practically every day? I wish that the bottle would be a little simpler, because I spray myself with perfume twice a day and with this bottle I feel really stupid :D But as I said, it really only counts what is in it.

I bought the scent again, of course. It wasn't planned but when I turned the bottle around to catch the last drop somehow, I realized how great I think this perfume is. And now my collection has cracked 20 again. Viva la Juicy Gold Couture is the honorable number 21.

So to all those who never wanted to try it because the packaging scared them off: Give him a chance and get an unbiased whiff of it. It'll be worth it.

AMGMoonHaloAMGMoonHalo 9 months ago
A close encounter, cuddly warm, sweet, fruity floral with a touch of vanilla anchored by creamy sandalwood. A sweet individual indulgence.
PalmprincessPalmprincess 11 months ago
Great smell, but bad longevity and sillage. Very sad for the price.
LauraBellaLauraBella 4 years ago
Warm, cozy. Nondescript, yet cuddly. No conspicuous notes, but draws you back for a second hug. Confident, sincere, welcoming. Fall.

Juicy Couture - Viva La Juicy Gold Couture
by Katt007
by Pepper81
by Pepper81

Popular Juicy Couture

Viva La Juicy Sucré by Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Noir by Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy (Eau de Parfum) by Juicy Couture Dirty English (Eau de Toilette) by Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Rosé by Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Glacé by Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Soirée by Juicy Couture Couture Couture (Eau de Parfum) by Juicy Couture Hollywood Royal by Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Bowdacious by Juicy Couture Majestic Woods by Juicy Couture Juicy Couture (Eau de Parfum) by Juicy Couture Peace, Love & Juicy Couture by Juicy Couture Oui Juicy Couture by Juicy Couture Rock The Rainbow - Bye Bye Blues by Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy La Fleur (Eau de Toilette) by Juicy Couture I Am Juicy Couture by Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Pink Couture by Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Le Bubbly by Juicy Couture Rock The Rainbow - Rah Rah Rouge by Juicy Couture