Another Oud by Juliette Has A Gun

Another Oud is a perfume by Juliette Has A Gun for women and men and was released in 2015. The scent is woody-spicy. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Raspberry
Heart Notes Heart NotesOud, Norlimbanol™
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Ambroxan

Submitted by Michael, last update on 27.02.2020.

Another Oud (@Nose.Knows.No.Notes)
• JULIETTE HAS A GUN ANOTHER OUD •

Ah another oud...and it's a conflicting fragrance and ultimately, a misfire for me.

Another Oud was interesting from the start, with a pretty strong raspberry note added to the oud. Almost instantly, I felt like the raspberry was needed to save this fragrance for me. Whereas I think that the raspberry in Tom Ford's Tuscan Leather or more so in Rasasi's La Yuqawam is needed to make the scent more wearable and versatile, I like the leather note as it is. The oud in Another Oud on it's own however, is something I'd pass on. It smells oddly familiar, but not in a pleasant way. There's a hospital or nursing home quality to the scent and also a lingering barnyard-y smell. When I made an effort to hone in on the barnyard aspect, I could make out a slightly leathery, animalic touch.

Now the lines above might come off a bit more negative than I intend them to be. The raspberry is a really nice touch and obviously on a regular wear, you're not putting your nose close to your skin and you're not analysing the fragrance this hard. Smelled in the air, the negatives are less prominent. After smelling Acqua Di Parma's Colonia Oud and Montale's Fantastic Oud, I might conclude that in general, these more modern, fresher takes on oud aren't really up my alley. That being said, Another Oud is not topping that category for me either. I get some enjoyable wafts during the first hours, when the raspberry freshness is still around, but once the raspberry settles into a mild sweetness, there's nothing to save the rather harsh and unpleasant oud. That harshness must be in part due to the load of ambroxan that's in here. The ambroxan adds some warmth, but it's not a cozy, well-rounded warmth, but rather a loud, powdery unrefined undertone. Longevity and projection are good, so if you are a fan of this scent profile, this is a winner. For me, unfortunately, Another Oud is a no go •

Please follow my IG @Nose.Knows.No.Notes for more reviews and fragrance photography.

When Everything is in the Name
This release of Juliet Has a Gun ironically named as a statement tries a lot to be a different oud but it doesn’t. My curiosity to test it was raised while reading the notes – raspberry with oud and by the fact that I really enjoyed their first oud scent – Midnight Oud.

How is it? I get in the beginning a huge synthetic mutant raspberry that smells like strawberries with oud notes. This is not a soft oud perfume but a harsh oud one probably due to the large quantity of aromachemicals and I think that is one of the sweetest oud fragrances that I tested up to now. The entire composition is not so complex and remains linear with some a little bit animalic musk in the base note.

Briefly: a strawberry/oud combo, very sweet, sticky and harsh perfume, miles away from Midnight Oud

DarkbeatDarkbeat 10 months ago
His name says it, Another OudAnother Oud more like many others, very beautiful, but nothing new. Good performance

by EauMySoul
by EauMySoul
by GewoonBB
by GewoonBB

Popular Juliette Has A Gun

Moon Dance by Juliette Has A Gun MMMM... by Juliette Has A Gun Calamity J. by Juliette Has A Gun Lady Vengeance by Juliette Has A Gun Citizen Queen by Juliette Has A Gun Oil Fiction by Juliette Has A Gun Metal Chypré by Juliette Has A Gun Liquid Illusion by Juliette Has A Gun Vengeance Extrême by Juliette Has A Gun Into the Void by Juliette Has A Gun Miss Charming by Juliette Has A Gun Gentlewoman by Juliette Has A Gun Romantina by Juliette Has A Gun Vanilla Vibes by Juliette Has A Gun Not a Perfume by Juliette Has A Gun Midnight Oud by Juliette Has A Gun Sunny Side Up by Juliette Has A Gun Anyway by Juliette Has A Gun Mad Madame by Juliette Has A Gun White Spirit by Juliette Has A Gun