Citizen Queen by Juliette Has A Gun
Flacon Design: Sylvie de France
Where to buy?
Citizen Queen (Juliette Has A Gun)
Citizen Queen is a popular perfume by Juliette Has A Gun for women and was released in 2008. The scent is flowery-powdery. It is still in production.

Romano Ricci

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Leather accord, Aldehydes
Heart Notes Heart NotesIris concrete, Orris absolute, Tuberose, Orange blossom
Base Notes Base NotesAmbroxan, Vanilla, Tonka bean, Labdanum, Benzoin, Civet, Muscenone®

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 16.03.2017

Bottle 5.0/10
Sillage 5.0/10
Longevity 5.0/10
Scent 4.0/10
Helpful Review    1 Award
It's a love/hate thing...
This is a very changeable scent for me. It seems different every time I try it. During my first test:
1 - powdered outhouse
2 - musty dead dried rosepetals
3 - sweetish leather

Different next time:
1 - sweet floral, iris, magically no stink this time.
2 - nice mild soapy aldehyde the most pleasant and least harsh that I've ever smelled, very subtle.

This is gonna be a love/hate relationship with this one. It is very different from anything I've tried before, one minute I love it, but in the next instant I get the stinky thing happening and it's ... UUURK...

I don't think I will investigate any further - lots of people love this, but not me...
Bottle 7.5/10
Sillage 5.0/10
Longevity 7.5/10
Scent 6.0/10
Helpful Review    2 Awards
Powdery
To have Citizen Queen, you have to mix powedery iris, dry roses and a touch of leather. Then add lots of aldehydes and a hint of musk.

Citizen Queen is a nice interpretation of these ingredients that leads into a vintage sensation that reminds me of Chanel 22.

The result is something very creamy and powdery scent, a bit sour/metallic though.

It has a gentle projection and nice sillage, with a reasonable lasting power.

More feminine than unisex, but i do like and use it.

Very different fragrance that's worth at least a try.
Sillage 7.5/10
Longevity 7.5/10
Scent 4.0/10
Another Proof of the Myth of the Skin Chemistry Myth?
On my skin, CITIZEN QUEEN opens rather unpleasantly, with a somewhat stinky, rank quality similar to what I imagine would be the scent of a person who went camping for a few days with no access to running water and decided to "freshen up" with some talcum powder and breath mints.

The drydown of this perfume smells quite nice, smooth and almost ambery, and the unpleasant animalic quality has dissipated (along with the hygienic deodorant masking aids). My impression from the other reviewers' comments is that this is one of those compositions where skin chemistry places a big role.

Not for me, but might be great (and apparently it is...) on the right person.