Gentlewoman by Juliette Has A Gun
Gentlewoman is a perfume by Juliette Has A Gun for women and was released in 2015. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is still in production. Pronunciation

Romano Ricci

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Neroli
Heart Notes Heart NotesCoumarin, Almond, Orange blossom
Base Notes Base NotesAmbroxan, Musk

Submitted by Sweetdeville, last update on 15.10.2020.

Nerolicanone
AugustA receives a Nerolikracher, a can of Neroli, Nerolikanone - sorry, has offered himself. The old familiar colognescheme has, without avoiding the original vibe of 4711, gone to full blast and brings Neroli full to bursting. But with a slight inclination towards citrus and away from the herb. This is bright and fresh and certainly works as well as the original against impending fainting and heat damage.
This is very gentle and can be worn well, whether gentlewoman or gentleman. A little more gentlewoman. In any case courteous and always well-scented.

And if you think of the cuddly side of the Kanonera, this is the right place. Maybe a scent for the morning after, no matter what kind of duel or other shooting fights. A very sunny morning, you have to give the Wild West credit for that.

The almond isn't really visible, but maybe it's the perfumer's lucky charm here, softening the fragrance and taking it out of the pure 4711 corner and giving it an ivory-toned delicacy that includes light almond. A touch of powder might have been imaginable, but in this case it wouldn't have been half as youthful. A successful trick, hardly noticeable.
There is no history, but who needs it?!

So: Midnight Oud at night and then the bright morning, which can't cloud a drop of water, all gentlemanly, all womanly.
Conclusion: Sounds and smells like nothing and the result is a fragrant bright daydream. Even the gruffest cowgirl shines up to both ears.
0.5

Neroli-grenade
Goodness gracious!!! This was absolutely horrendous! Usually, I'm quite willing to let perfumes sit awhile on me to see where they will go, even if I don't like them at first. But this was AWFUL! I immediately scrubbed it off with soap and water, and I also had to remove my shirt. This is the strongest Juliette Has A Gun scent in the discovery kit box and also the worst, IMO. The blast of neroli at the beginning is a foghorn--bitter, bitter, bitter. My husband and kids smelled it across the house and were yelling, "What IS that?!?!" My husband had the perfect description: "It smells like those cheap little hotel bar soaps."
And it does. My shirt still smells bitter like neroli and almonds 12 hours later.

I do have Pacifica's Nerola Orange Blossom, which I have worn and enjoyed. I think Gentlewoman might have ruined it for me forever.

Mustached man in pantyhose
My first impression is the house is daring women to wear typical solicitrus masculine cologne, or daring a mustached classic family man to wear a perfume named Gentlewoman! However, this is not marked for men even. I'm even afraid to say it's androgynous.

The first whiffs are all about punchy neroli, so synthetic and so artificial. However the following is even worse! It's high dose of bitter orange, acrid, bitter, stony and monotoninc. A soapy white musky, neroli and bitter orange. Very ordinary cleansing-product-like liquid in fancy flacon and high price. Nothing special even to concern.

Neon Cologne
The marketing people from Juliet has a Gun did their best to catch perfume lovers attention with Gentlewoman which is “A masculine fragrance dedicated to women”.
What’s behind the magic of marketing? A classical neroli citrus cologne done with modern synthetic raw materials with good longevity but the silage is typical for a cologne after the first half an hour. It s like a green neon light that flashes in the night.
Gentlewoman starts sharp with violent citrus notes and turns into a (very) soapy cologne with traces of almonds and ends on Ambroxan Boulevard. Actually expectations were around a cologne with some steroids “ a masculine fragrance” but it is a plain and simple unisex scent which made me think that if I need to wear a masculine cologne why not borough it from my man?

I think it's love
Juliette Has A Gun perfume line is exciting, and refreshing. None of them are exactly alike, but they seem related. Like a family dinner. The similarities are there if you look closely.
I love the way these perfumes hang close to the skin. They don't enter the room before you, they don't linger after you're gone. If someone comes within hugging distance, you smell clean, fresh, flowery, and like you paid a whole heck of a lot to smell that way. That smell hangs on from shower to shower, too.
I can attest to 24 hours on me. It gets softer and more flowery-powdery at the end, and you almost have to put your nose on your skin to smell it.
I got the sampler package from the company. So far I've gotten 4 bottles, and I'm asking for Gentlewoman for my birthday.
I haven't worn any Creed or Hermes since my first bottle arrived.

LillibetLillibet 3 years ago
Like a vitamin-shot of bitter orange and almond that lasts all day. Wear if you need a boost or want something cologne-like that lasts.

by EauMySoul
by EauMySoul
by Venusia
by Venusia
by K1
by K1

Popular Juliette Has A Gun

Moon Dance by Juliette Has A Gun MMMM... by Juliette Has A Gun Calamity J. by Juliette Has A Gun Lady Vengeance by Juliette Has A Gun Oil Fiction by Juliette Has A Gun Citizen Queen by Juliette Has A Gun Liquid Illusion by Juliette Has A Gun Vengeance Extrême by Juliette Has A Gun Into the Void by Juliette Has A Gun Miss Charming by Juliette Has A Gun Metal Chypré by Juliette Has A Gun Vanilla Vibes by Juliette Has A Gun Romantina by Juliette Has A Gun Not a Perfume by Juliette Has A Gun Sunny Side Up by Juliette Has A Gun Another Oud by Juliette Has A Gun Anyway by Juliette Has A Gun Midnight Oud by Juliette Has A Gun Mad Madame by Juliette Has A Gun Lipstick Fever by Juliette Has A Gun