Gentlewoman by Juliette Has A Gun

Gentlewoman is a perfume by Juliette Has A Gun for women and was released in 2015. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is still in production.

Romano Ricci

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Neroli
Heart Notes Heart NotesCoumarin, Almond, Orange blossom
Base Notes Base NotesAmbroxan, Musk

Submitted by Sweetdeville, last update on 06.11.2019

2.0 10.0 7.0 0.5/10

Neroli-grenade
Goodness gracious!!! This was absolutely horrendous! Usually, I'm quite willing to let perfumes sit awhile on me to see where they will go, even if I don't like them at first. But this was AWFUL! I immediately scrubbed it off with soap and water, and I also had to remove my shirt. This is the strongest Juliette Has A Gun scent in the discovery kit box and also the worst, IMO. The blast of neroli at the beginning is a foghorn--bitter, bitter, bitter. My husband and kids smelled it across the house and were yelling, "What IS that?!?!" My husband had the perfect description: "It smells like those cheap little hotel bar soaps."
And it does. My shirt still smells bitter like neroli and almonds 12 hours later.

I do have Pacifica's Nerola Orange Blossom, which I have worn and enjoyed. I think Gentlewoman might have ruined it for me forever.

Mustached man in pantyhose
My first impression is the house is daring women to wear typical solicitrus masculine cologne, or daring a mustached classic family man to wear a perfume named Gentlewoman! However, this is not marked for men even. I'm even afraid to say it's androgynous.

The first whiffs are all about punchy neroli, so synthetic and so artificial. However the following is even worse! It's high dose of bitter orange, acrid, bitter, stony and monotoninc. A soapy white musky, neroli and bitter orange. Very ordinary cleansing-product-like liquid in fancy flacon and high price. Nothing special even to concern.

Neon Cologne
The marketing people from Juliet has a Gun did their best to catch perfume lovers attention with Gentlewoman which is “A masculine fragrance dedicated to women”.
What’s behind the magic of marketing? A classical neroli citrus cologne done with modern synthetic raw materials with good longevity but the silage is typical for a cologne after the first half an hour. It s like a green neon light that flashes in the night.
Gentlewoman starts sharp with violent citrus notes and turns into a (very) soapy cologne with traces of almonds and ends on Ambroxan Boulevard. Actually expectations were around a cologne with some steroids “ a masculine fragrance” but it is a plain and simple unisex scent which made me think that if I need to wear a masculine cologne why not borough it from my man?
10.0/10

I think it's love
Juliette Has A Gun perfume line is exciting, and refreshing. None of them are exactly alike, but they seem related. Like a family dinner. The similarities are there if you look closely.
I love the way these perfumes hang close to the skin. They don't enter the room before you, they don't linger after you're gone. If someone comes within hugging distance, you smell clean, fresh, flowery, and like you paid a whole heck of a lot to smell that way. That smell hangs on from shower to shower, too.
I can attest to 24 hours on me. It gets softer and more flowery-powdery at the end, and you almost have to put your nose on your skin to smell it.
I got the sampler package from the company. So far I've gotten 4 bottles, and I'm asking for Gentlewoman for my birthday.
I haven't worn any Creed or Hermes since my first bottle arrived.

Lillibet 21 months ago
Like a vitamin-shot of bitter orange and almond that lasts all day. Wear if you need a boost or want something cologne-like that lasts.+3

by EauMySoul