Lady Vengeance

(2006)
Lady Vengeance by Juliette Has A Gun
Flacon Design: Sylvie de France
Where to buy?
Lady Vengeance is a perfume by Juliette Has A Gun for women and was released in 2006. The scent is flowery. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Lavender
Heart Notes Heart NotesBulgarian rose, Moroccan rose, Patchouli, Hedione, ISO-E-Super
Base Notes Base NotesAmbroxan, Vanilla, White musk

Submitted by DeGe53, last update on 22.03.2017

Bottle 7.5/10
Longevity 10.0/10
Scent 9.0/10
Patchouli done right.
This scent is special. The rose is powdery and lady-like. The patchouli is clean and divine. It's doesn't sound like it, but together the rose and patchouli give this scent an edge or feel of dark depths. It's inviting and beautiful. The vanilla isn't really a note I picked out all on it's own, but it gives the patchouli a nice creamy sweetness or perhaps it's the Iso E giving it that depth. Either way it's a deep creamy, powdery, lovely scent. Definitely a nice twist on the rose patchouli genre of scent. I really love it. It's one of my favorite patchouli scents.
Longevity is fantastic and Sillage is big, but not too big.
Feb
2014
Scent 8.0/10
Helpful Review    6 Awards
Thorny Rose
I know. There are lots of rose/patchouli blends out there. But I wouldn't call this one polite. Guerlain's Idylle Duet Rose + Patchouli is polite. And likeably, girlishly sweet. Lady Vengeance is thorny, dirty, red - more womanly by comparison. Does that make her dangerous? Not exactly. But it does make her more interesting. And wintery. And a bit cranky like me. I like that.
Bottle 5.0/10
Sillage 5.0/10
Longevity 5.0/10
Scent 5.0/10
Helpful Review    5 Awards
Great name... 'meh' scent...
'Lady Vengeance' is a great name for a scent.

This is the name of the fragrance that Natasha Fatale wears as she delights in her various criminal misdeeds along with her partner, Boris Badenov from 'Rocky and Bullwinkle'. Or beautiful Agent 99, trying to rectify the constant bungling of Maxwell Smart in 'Get Smart'. In my mind I see the spy girls from 'La Femme Nikita'. Bridget von Hammersmark from 'Inglorious Basterds'. Evelyn Salt.

Dark and dangerous, cunning and strong with deathly wicked sex appeal.

But the fragrance, not so much.

To me 'Lady Vengeance' is a middle-of-the-road, pleasant rose scent with green and patchouli. Nothing more than that and fairly linear in it's development.
Rose-green-patchouli-vanilla... marching on and on. I won't be investing in a whole bottle.
Bottle 10.0/10
Longevity 5.0/10
Scent 7.0/10
Helpful Review    2 Awards
Bright sweet roses
Lady Vengeance has a bright rose and sweet surrounded by some patchouli.

Then joins the vanilla and its almost vanilla+roses, but not too sweet. At the late drydown there is a light musk note.

Lasting power is medium, around 6 hours. Sillage and projection are also medium.

If you like roses this is a must try at least. Unissex in my opinion.

Updated January 2014
Bottle 5.0/10
Longevity 7.5/10
Scent 3.0/10
6 Awards
Psychosis 101
Vulgar, loud, brassy, and inelegant. This one is completely revolting to me, on my skin.

Harshness in the roses, loud and strong but no depth or subtlety. Jagged edges with notes clearly standing out; devoid of all smoothness. Very poorly blended. Patchouli is particularly musty and stale smelling. Lavender is strident and screechy thin. Cheap vanilla is shallow and cloying too. IsoE Super + Ambroxan=Cheap dirty crotch musk skin scent to me.

Given the title of “Lady Vengeance,” I observe the scenario of this particular scent as being a filthy, screaming, confused, delirious, psychotic woman charging down the street and trying to attack you with a butcher knife holding a bunch of wilted orange roses with rotting patchouli leaves woven through her unkempt hair, and dime-store lavender water saturating her sweaty, unwashed clothing.

Mrs. Havisham has met and bonded with Carrie.

I am utterly repulsed in extremis by this.
Scent 5.0/10
Very helpful Review    4 Awards
Lady Vengeance is neither.
Based on the notes and my new found passion for modern rose chypres, I thought I would love this one. I don't.

Lady Vengeance is a modern rose chypre that is clean, clear & bright (like Stella in that regard). I loved it on top but liked as it dried, and then I couldn't care less. Why? On me, as Lady V dries it becomes sweeter and wears like a skin scent. It's perfume oil, without the headshop feel. It struck me that someone like me in middle age shouldn't be wearing a fragrance which turns to a candied rose perfume oil. A rose lollipop is what this is ... rose lollipop.

Ladies don't suck lollipops & can be vengeful. Lady Vengeance neither is a lady nor has vengeance.

I think Lady V would be best for the under 30 crowd. For the over 30 crowd, there are better choices for a modern rose chypre. Personally, I'd reach for Gres Cabaret, which is a similar scent at a fraction of the price. Zombi from BPAL is another wonderful rose that's dark & deep with oakmoss - another good choice for the over 30 crowd.Even for the under 30 crowd, Agent Provocateur Eau Emotionelle is is a better quality and more affordable - I'd recommend it over Lady V.
Longevity 7.5/10
Scent 6.0/10
2 Awards
A Simple, Polite, Vanilla Rose Patchouli
Juliette Has a Gun LADY VENGEANCE naturally sets up expectations with its name and, yes, they are dashed. This does not strike me as an intense composition at all. Instead, it's perfectly tame and well-behaved. A pleasant blend of rose, vanilla and patchouli, this polite perfume would probably suit anyone looking for a modern rose. The blend is very smooth and not too sweet, and in contrast to many recent launches, the patchouli here is very measured. I would say that the quality is on a par with some of the Parfums de Rosine rose perfumes.

I like LADY VENGEANCE, but she has not captured my heart. Perhaps she's just too nice?
Very helpful Review    3 Awards
Lady with roses and patchouli
Hi,
This is one of my favourites. Loved to use at winter time. When I first sniffed Lady Vengeance I was totally amazed about its beauty and specially nature, well blended roses and patchouli with vanilla. This scent came imidiately on my purchase list asap. Complimented also this scent is; everytime I wear this someone asks what are You wearing Dear? Hehheh, maby its also because its not available here in Finland. ;D **

Lexa 110 days ago
Another rose-patch combo.Not a bad one,just a very common one and being made by Francis K doesn't make it a star.We like it though.+2