Lady Vengeance 2006

Lady Vengeance by Juliette Has A Gun
Bottle Design Sylvie de France
Lady Vengeance is a popular perfume by Juliette Has A Gun for women and was released in 2006. The scent is floral-spicy. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot LavenderLavender
Heart Notes Heart NotesBulgarian roseBulgarian rose Moroccan roseMoroccan rose PatchouliPatchouli HedioneHedione ISO-E-SuperISO-E-Super
Base Notes Base NotesAmbroxanAmbroxan VanillaVanilla White muskWhite musk

Submitted by DeGe53, last update on 18.05.2022.

Postmodern Parfum Fourrure
Francis Kurkdjian is playing a game here.
A rose-patchouli Parfum Fourrure: dark, bitter, furry, and yeasty-musty, endowed with a (brief) mushroom cloud of radiance.
It's a playful, postmodern mixing of tropes; an old fashioned fur bomb with a chemical charge. (I’m sure he would accuse me of over interpreting his craft, he very much
denies being a perfume artist.)
You’ve gotta hand it to him all the same...
Peaceful Rachel Lady
So far, none of Juliette Has A Gun's scents have been able to really convince me. They are well made, but something has always bothered me after a while. I found them always "too"...too synthetic, too raspy, too sweet, too wasauchimmer.

Now the bottle of "Lady Vengeance" is in my hand. They are beautiful, the bottles. And hand-flattering, it is really good in the hand, is raven black, round, heavy. Makes curious about the content.

First surprised me the first spray, because I expect a full, plump Rosenbouqet, with really a lot of Wumms and Trara. But the fragrance is much fresher, more delicate, than I had expected him. This freshness is also quite persistent and makes a really good mood. I really like that.

Gradually, woody, spicy notes can be smelled and later patchouli and vanilla still join. With this, the fragrance can of course score with me, because I love patchouli and vanilla. Together with the fresh rose note, this is a really well done mixture, while it remains harmonious, nothing pushes itself into the foreground. Something soapy it becomes in the course.

The fragrance name "Lady Vengeance" associates for me things that have nothing to do with the fragrance, but that is often so. "Lady Vengeance" is harmless, almost peaceful. And although quite lovely, I still have to think whether I dare to wear the fragrance in summer. The reason is the scent progression and the cloud of fragrance that accompanies one even when dosed carefully. Lady Vengeance is not a fragrance that you have to yourself, it is not quiet, but quite intense.

I read that Lady Vengeance is a modern rose chypre. Well, I don't know...it's actually too sweet for that and also a bit too synthetic for my liking. But as a conclusion, I think "Lady Vengeance" is a successful fragrance. It's well balanced, interesting and long lasting. So far my favorite of Juliette Has A Gun.
Jam
So with this fragrance, Juliette is definitely jammed.
When I bought it, the powdery elegant impression still let me pull out the wallet. Stupid only that after a short time has made way for a rutting musk ox. This fragrance pulls at you like a ton weight, is intrusive and vulgar with a hint of toilet stone of the scent of floral freshness. It ingratiates itself in a cheap way. I wonder what kind of revenge the creator had in mind!

Lady Vengenace? So olfactory the shot backfires...
MollySmith
Lady - yes, Vengeance - ?
It starts with the typical rose oil scent / Bulgarian rose. I was almost disappointed, but then the fragrance develops into a soft lipstick rose, cosmetic, powdery with vanilla. Lady-like and elegant, I found no trace of revenge (vengeance): I don't think this fragrance would shock anyone. From the JHAG collection it was close to Mmmm... for me: both are cosmetic-powdery, but Mmmm... with dark and red berries, and Lady Vengeance with rose

Best of the line
I was beginning to despair of ever finding a winner in this brand, but Lady Vengeance has come up to bat, and it's a keeper! It is slow to dry down, which I don't mind. At first, it is a big, bold rose. The pyramid notes several different types of rose, but I'm not good enough to tell which rose is which! "A rose is just a rose" to me! So many of these JHAG scents utitlize rose...some better than others, IMO.

After a while, the scent settles down into a softer rose with a bit of patchouli. Now I'm a good 7 hours in, and it is a delicious vanilla-rose! I really like it! Thankfully, this is one of the few JHAG that comes in a purse-sized spray so I won't have to pay over $100 for it, which I don't think I would. It's not *that* unique. And have I mentioned that are too many rose bases in this line?!

Sillage is stronger at first, and then sits closer to the skin. Longevity is very good. This is one JHAG that does not turn soapy. I'm pleased! My skin does really well with rose, patchouli, and vanilla, so if your chemistry does not react well with any of this combo, I'd skip it.

Patchouli done right.
This scent is special. The rose is powdery and lady-like. The patchouli is clean and divine. It's doesn't sound like it, but together the rose and patchouli give this scent an edge or feel of dark depths. It's inviting and beautiful. The vanilla isn't really a note I picked out all on it's own, but it gives the patchouli a nice creamy sweetness or perhaps it's the Iso E giving it that depth. Either way it's a deep creamy, powdery, lovely scent. Definitely a nice twist on the rose patchouli genre of scent. I really love it. It's one of my favorite patchouli scents.
Longevity is fantastic and Sillage is big, but not too big.
Feb
2014

Thorny Rose
I know. There are lots of rose/patchouli blends out there. But I wouldn't call this one polite. Guerlain's Idylle Duet Rose + Patchouli is polite. And likeably, girlishly sweet. Lady Vengeance is thorny, dirty, red - more womanly by comparison. Does that make her dangerous? Not exactly. But it does make her more interesting. And wintery. And a bit cranky like me. I like that.

Katad
Great name... 'meh' scent...
'Lady Vengeance' is a great name for a scent.

This is the name of the fragrance that Natasha Fatale wears as she delights in her various criminal misdeeds along with her partner, Boris Badenov from 'Rocky and Bullwinkle'. Or beautiful Agent 99, trying to rectify the constant bungling of Maxwell Smart in 'Get Smart'. In my mind I see the spy girls from 'La Femme Nikita'. Bridget von Hammersmark from 'Inglorious Basterds'. Evelyn Salt.

Dark and dangerous, cunning and strong with deathly wicked sex appeal.

But the fragrance, not so much.

To me 'Lady Vengeance' is a middle-of-the-road, pleasant rose scent with green and patchouli. Nothing more than that and fairly linear in it's development.
Rose-green-patchouli-vanilla... marching on and on. I won't be investing in a whole bottle.

Bright sweet roses
Lady Vengeance has a bright rose and sweet surrounded by some patchouli.

Then joins the vanilla and its almost vanilla+roses, but not too sweet. At the late drydown there is a light musk note.

Lasting power is medium, around 6 hours. Sillage and projection are also medium.

If you like roses this is a must try at least. Unissex in my opinion.

Updated January 2014

Psychosis 101
Vulgar, loud, brassy, and inelegant. This one is completely revolting to me, on my skin.

Harshness in the roses, loud and strong but no depth or subtlety. Jagged edges with notes clearly standing out; devoid of all smoothness. Very poorly blended. Patchouli is particularly musty and stale smelling. Lavender is strident and screechy thin. Cheap vanilla is shallow and cloying too. IsoE Super + Ambroxan=Cheap dirty crotch musk skin scent to me.

Given the title of “Lady Vengeance,” I observe the scenario of this particular scent as being a filthy, screaming, confused, delirious, psychotic woman charging down the street and trying to attack you with a butcher knife holding a bunch of wilted orange roses with rotting patchouli leaves woven through her unkempt hair, and dime-store lavender water saturating her sweaty, unwashed clothing.

Mrs. Havisham has met and bonded with Carrie.

I am utterly repulsed in extremis by this.

by EauMySoul
by EauMySoul
by Pflanze
by Pflanze
by Keikona
by Keikona
1914: Nathan Altman malte Anna Achmatowa.
by InTOXIcation
by NikkRouse10
by Lorilavira
by Lorilavira

Popular by Juliette Has A Gun

Moon Dance by Juliette Has A Gun MMMM... by Juliette Has A Gun Calamity J. by Juliette Has A Gun Musc Invisible by Juliette Has A Gun Citizen Queen by Juliette Has A Gun Oil Fiction by Juliette Has A Gun Liquid Illusion by Juliette Has A Gun Into the Void by Juliette Has A Gun Vengeance Extrême by Juliette Has A Gun Metal Chypré by Juliette Has A Gun Miss Charming by Juliette Has A Gun Vanilla Vibes by Juliette Has A Gun Gentlewoman by Juliette Has A Gun Romantina by Juliette Has A Gun Not a Perfume (Eau de Parfum) by Juliette Has A Gun Pear Inc. by Juliette Has A Gun Another Oud by Juliette Has A Gun Anyway by Juliette Has A Gun Sunny Side Up by Juliette Has A Gun Lipstick Fever by Juliette Has A Gun