Miss Charming (2006)

Miss Charming by Juliette Has A Gun
Flacon Design: Sylvie de France
Compare Prices
Miss Charming is a perfume by Juliette Has A Gun for women and was released in 2006. The scent is flowery-fruity. It is still in production.

Fruits, Lychee, Musk, Rose

Submitted by Schnuffi, last update on 19.04.2017

Bottle 7.5/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 4.0/10
Attack of the killer litchi
It opened with a Moroccan Rose and I thought "How Lovely". There was some Litchi softly in the background to make things a bit interesting. As it warmed up and the musk started to softly sing, I was thinking Miss Charming and I could be friends.

Then things got ugly.

The litchi went crazy, overpowering everything. It was very unpleasant, like a woman on a crazed rampage. After about an hour I couldn't really find the rose. The Litchi had scared it to some remote corner making it difficult to pick out. I think there was some musk in there but then again, it was hard to tell through the litchi haze.

This was not for me.

Nov
2013
Bottle 5.0/10 Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 10.0/10
BERRY BEAUTIFUL ROSE
MISS CHARMING by Juliette Has A Gun

Gloriously beautiful fruity rose! Opens with a mouthwatering explosion of ripe, tart, and fresh wildberries from a new crop just gathered in the fields, fully-ripened litchi, and newly blossoming garden roses in the summertime. Dries down to a clean and subtle musk.

Like biting into a ripe, tart berry at breakfast with the juices popping in your mouth! Then devouring a ripe litchi fruit, and sniffing the fully opened blossoms of red roses on the bush near the breakfast nook! This is no wallflower shy rose! This is a woman full of life, joyously running through a summer meadow laughing in delight at the beautiful day, with delicious wildberries overflowing in her basket, roses woven in her hair, and celebrating the happiness of life itself! I find this perfume to be very jubilant in nature and it makes me smile to wear it!

There is nothing to weigh down the ultra-fresh juicy goodness here. This is totally delicious from the opening through full dry down on my skin. No added sickening sweetness other than that which is naturally found in the ripe plants themselves. No overdone musk, or woods, or spices to cloud the freshness of the fruit or the clarity of the rose. On my skin I get no soapy detergent notes at any stage in development either.

Much richer and fruitier than Paul Smith Rose. Much more berries than Rose 4 Reines. Miss Charming is by no means a soliflore. No nasty patchouli like Lady Vengeance. No heavy musk like Stella. Denser than Chloe Intense with the fruit mélange. Less smooth but much more tartly flirtatious and fun than Fille de Berlin. Not quite as powerful in pure roses as the Montale Highness Rose, but then nothing else is either. Much more rosy clean and fresh than the Bvlgari Rose Essentielle. Far more juicily beautiful on my skin than Rose The One.

All in all, a very unique rose that is opulently fruity and mouthwateringly gorgeous. I have a full bottle and plan to buy more.

I find it hard to tear my nose away from my wrists with this one! Absolute Rose Love here!
Bottle 5.0/10 Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 5.0/10 Scent 6.0/10
A beauty for the young'uns
Juliette sure does love her roses, right? I have tested 3 scents from this house so far and all have had rose notes.

'Miss Charming' gives me fresh roses evenly layered with spicy berries at the beginning. A tiniest bit of citrus as well. Very well balanced with each other IMO. Later on comes the rich musk and also a bit of soapiness for me.

I believe this is more suitable for a young person and also very feminine, for sure. The sillage and longevity are just adequate for me - not very strong, or long for either.
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 5.0/10 Scent 8.0/10
Oh, Miss Charming, you stole my heart
Miss Charming is a beautiful, innocent pink rose with gentle and natural berry accords. It reminds me of a sunny day and all things pleasant, happy and good. I love this pretty little rose. She is a bit innocent but so adorable. Indeed, the title of Miss Charming fits it perfectly.

I think I smell a lovely mix of raspberries, strawberries with a trace of citrus in the beginning. Miss Charming is a perfect example of a wonderful fruity rose in the heart notes where the soft sweetness of lychee mixes flawlessly with the dewy rose petals. The scent is natural and pretty. As the composition develops there is a slight earthy hint towards the dry down but it is not as strong as in other earthy roses. Overall the composition remains young and pleasant, soft and pretty. The sillage is medium but the longevity is only a few hours.

I adore this charming rose scent. I definitely recommend it if you are looking for a fruity rose, which is natural, youthful and pretty.
Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 6.0/10
A Simple Yet Pleasant Light Fruity Rose
A light fruity-rose perfume with more rose than fruit, MISS CHARMING reminds me a bit of Annick Goutal QUEL AMOUR (which in addition to being fruitier also offers a big dose of rose geranium to back up the rose) and a bit less of Ineke BRIAR ROSE (which has a deep, wine-like fruitiness). The fruits in this composition, in contrast, are very low key.

According to the card accompanying my sample of MISS CHARMING, the primary notes are "rose marocaine, muscs, fruits des bois". As far as I know, lychee is not a "fruit des bois", and I also do not smell detectable strawberry here (as listed in the bn notes). Basically the fruits in this composition serve only to moderate the rose, adding a touch of sweetness and creating a perfume obviously geared toward a younger clientele.

MISS CHARMING does bloom quite a bit, producing a lovely bouquet of roses by the drydown, making this much more of a floral than a fruity perfume to my nose. I like MISS CHARMING, but not enough to acquire a bottle for myself, though it might make a good gift for someone else...