Not a Perfume 2010

Not a Perfume by Juliette Has A Gun
Not a Perfume is a perfume by Juliette Has A Gun for women and was released in 2010. The scent is synthetic-woody. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Romano Ricci

Cetalox®

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 03.05.2021.

Apparently, in addition to Cetalox®, the scent formula also includes Hedione, Iso-E-Super and a mixture of different musk molecules (source: Scent and Chemistry - The Molecular World of Odors).

LisaD
This (not) perfume is COMPLEX.

It has had me on quite a rollercoaster.
I got this as a sample two years ago from Sephora, and I smelled it once, it smelled like the woods, so I threw it in a drawer and forgot about it until this week. I sprayed it a week ago, and smelled NOTHING-zero-zip-nada. So I didn't even commit to putting it on my body. Again, a couple days ago I tried to give it another chance, so I sprayed it on a piece of paper-and smelled a VERY faint musky-woody scent.

Fast forward to today. I FINALLY put in on my body and DAMN. Immediately I smelled citrus, and freshness. I can see how it reminds people of D&G Light Blue. But, to be honest, I immediately started smelling a men's green/citrus cologne, kind of along the lines of Aqua di Gio or L'eau de L'Artisan.
It is a very faint scent to me, but has INSANE longevity. I put it on around 12pm, and at 9:15pm I STILL smelled it. Even after cooking, washing dishes, and washing my hands. Also, I walked in to a room where my husband was, and he IMMEDIATELY smelled it.
Sadly, it's way too masculine on me. I get zero sweetness and zero vanilla-just pure citrus and musk.
I will say, I layered this on my hand with Bright Crystal (such a boring scent), and WOW it deepened it beautifully. I think this will be my layering perfume used very sparingly. I don't think I will be buying the full size.
It is a fun party trick though. I gave it to my mother, father, husband and brother to try one night and it smelled so different on all of them. On my mother it smelled so citrusy and clean. My father it smelled like paint thinner. On my husband, it smelled like tobacco and musk and on my brother, it smelled like vanilla and baked goods.
always works
After showering I can actually always wear. No matter what time of day or season. The never sucks.
However, I hau the fragrance right on it, you can hardly overdose. In the hair, décolleté, bend of the arm, Habdgelenk, neck, clothes....
Sometimes I perceive him, sometimes not. Mostly comes a pleasant, comforting, woody note. The fragrance is rather close to the body. I love it. ❤️
The Emperor's New Clothes
As long as my nose sticks directly on the hand, I smell barely noticeable what iso-woody-white-musky. This state lasts a good 7-8 hours. Here I must mention that my nose is generally or temporarily fragrance-blind to certain components.

I thought NAP was perhaps for Layern still suitable, for a woody maintained fresh undertone.

But my elegant and picky neighbor asked from 6 meters away, "what smells so fine and good".

Conclusion: even if you hardly feel yourself, the surprise effect / effect is not to be underestimated

GewoonBB
Not A Perfume (@Nose.Knows.No.Notes)
• JULIETTE HAS A GUN NOT A PERFUME •

Not A Perfume is a one note fragrance by Julliette Has A Gun. In this case the single note is cetalox, which I understand is a very close relative to the more known ambroxan. A fragrance like this is great for layering, but it can also be worn on it's own. Cetalox gives off a clean, fresh linnen smell, that combined with body heat creates a subtle, but quite interesting blend.

I recently tried Escentric Molecule's Molecule 01, which is amongst the most popular one note fragrances (it only uses Iso E Super). For me personally, Not A Perfume was a bit more pleasant, with the downside being that it's definitely more feminine. Both use the combination of body heat and natural body odor to complete the fragrance (more so than regular perfumes), so I think the experience will differ quite a bit from person to person. Both Molecule 01 and Not A Perfume have a distinct, very light woody, maybe cardboard like scent, with an almost aquatic or ozonic freshness that fades away as it turns warmer and warmer and more cozy during the day. In my experience, the cetalox in Not A Perfume smelled cleaner and stronger. Wearing it equates to wearing freshly washed laundry, after using an overdose of deturgent. It's comforting to me, although it's something I'd mostly wear at home and not so much in public

I've tried layering Not A Perfume once, with Julliette Has A Gun's Vanilla Vibes. With equal sprays, Vanilla Vibes added, you guessed it, vanilla to the opening. Not A Perfume overtook it pretty quickly however, and I couldn't really get much of the Vanilla Vibes in the drydown •

Please follow my IG @Nose.Knows.No.Notes for more reviews and fragrance photography.
SchatzSucher
A nice little nothing that almost smells there....
That's how I feel about the non-perfume. Or is it perfume? That's where opinions differ.
Some time ago I ordered a sample set from Juliette Has A Gun because I was curious. Some interesting scents were there and also this one, which I tested several times and tried to make friends with. I didn't quite succeed.

I can't avoid some nagging here.
First of all, I feel the smell quite well. I notice something sweet with hints of slightly spicy wood, there is also something clean, almost aseptic. But somehow also quite indefinable and diffuse.
And it's not all that conspicuous. Okay, it's probably got a single odorant in it. Cetalox/Ambroxan, despised by some, not perceived by some. Used in many fragrances as a woody-spicy-balsamic component. Can also get on your nerves quickly in large doses.

The idea of adding a single component to a fragrance (if you like to call it that) is something new to me here. So far I only knew fragrances that were produced according to the classic concept, i.e. with head, heart and base notes, and that also have something to tell. Sometimes a longer and sometimes a shorter story.
The story of the non-perfume is quickly told, it is very minimalist. And I'm torn between favor and disfavor. The classic perfume concept has been taken ad absurdum here.
The basic idea may be quite original, but unfortunately there is still something missing for me. A fixed point, something to which the nose and the senses get stuck. The way this smells to me now, it's too emotionless and sterile for me.

My conclusion: If you like it so clean and inconspicuous (there are always moments when you may not be so extremely scented) and you like the idea of getting by with just one scent, you can get hold of it here. Men can also easily access it here, the declaration "for ladies" is quietly disregarded.
But with me a certain helplessness remains behind and a slight feeling that I have been taken for a ride here cannot be denied, especially since one has to leaf through a lot of money for this not- or yet-smell.
Yes, I admit, not liking prevails in the end. But I don't say yes or no to everything.

Nice frag.
This is a nice clone of Molecule 02.
Smells great, a linear scent that is nice and simple.
Not a must-have, but a nice weapon to have in the armory.

I used six sprays...both wrist, back & front of my neck, chest, and front of my shirt.

Will I buy this again? No.

What's the strength of this? EDP.

Does this fragrance enter BEAST MODE, good, just okay or weak sauce at best? Good.

Can you use it as a unisex scent? Yes.

Am I willing to trade this fragrance? Yes.

Should You Skip It, Sample It First or Blind Buy It? Sample it first.

Is it the old, new formulation? New.

What's its availability; in production, limited edition or discontinued? In production.

SKU Number: 3760022730329 (Sample)
Batch Number: Unknown (Production Date: Unknown)

Age: 21+
From: Boscovs
Size: 3ML
Scent: 5/5 (Lovely).
Value: 5/5 (free).
Sillage: 5/5 (Five feet).
Longevity: 5/5 (Eight hours plus).
Creativity: 5/5 (Manly).
Projection: 5/5 (Two hours & a half).
Versatility: 5/5 (Anytime & Anywhere).
Compliments: 3.25/5 (Okay).

Until next time, I'll catch you on the flipside.
4.5

Bcars10
Overpriced for what it is
Interesting juice. I've been trying to get my hands on this for a while. I finally figured out that Sephora sells what is called a "Discovery Kit" of this one, plus other Juliette Has A Gun scents. Then I had to try a couple of different Sephoras in my area before I found it. I've been intrigued by the reviews. I don't consider it a warm musky, "natural" scent. I liken it more to the very last vestiges of a man's cologne, leftover at the end of a day. It's very skin-like, but not on the warm spicy side. It sort of tickles my nose with an effervescence, if you will. It is not over-powering at all. It would be a great office scent, or a scent for where one wouldn't want to blow up people's olfactory senses.

I actually tried "Anyway" from the kit first and didn't like it at all. This Not a Perfume smells like the drydown of Anyway. Not totally, but I do think that Cetalox is in Anyway, as there is a very similar smell wafting around it.

Overall, I wouldn't shell out over 100 bucks for this fragrance. It's good, but not knock-my-socks-off great! Seems overpriced, honestly.
2.5

Pfffft
For me it is a big nothing....Smells fresh....yes but so does my laundry when freshly washed...really i see it as "arnacque"...

love it because ...
I feel it all around me, bud not on me. Interesting, when I close my nose to the place where I spray this JHG, I smell nothing. But from time to time, it returns and suprise me with fresh and optimistic wave. Good for summer, or to wear in office.

A Winner...
The first perfume so far, where all three stages it goes through I LOVE!!! So I'm wondering are these the perfumes that you buy? I've sampled so many where I liked the dry down only.

And it lasted at least twelve hours.

The main ingredient is cetalox (ambroxan), but it does change at each stage. The artist loves this one ingredient so much that he wanted a perfume with that note only.

Just found this..."Not a Perfume is based on contradictions, since its composition is created of molecules and is the only fragrance without allergens"

ScentwitchScentwitch 3 months ago
I smell absolutely nothing, but my husband says it’s smells good. I can’t honestly review it.
MissBiscuitsMissBiscuits 11 months ago
4.5
not a fan - smelled somewhat citrusy at first and then quickly disintegrated into bitter chemical components.

not a gun ❤️
by EveMist
by Sweetsmell75
by Sweetsmell75
Kein Parfüm und ein Schrägerling (für Fresh)
by Floyd
by Sky22
by JJ84
by JJ84

Popular Juliette Has A Gun

Moon Dance by Juliette Has A Gun MMMM... by Juliette Has A Gun Lady Vengeance by Juliette Has A Gun Calamity J. by Juliette Has A Gun Citizen Queen by Juliette Has A Gun Oil Fiction by Juliette Has A Gun Into the Void by Juliette Has A Gun Vengeance Extrême by Juliette Has A Gun Liquid Illusion by Juliette Has A Gun Miss Charming by Juliette Has A Gun Musc Invisible by Juliette Has A Gun Vanilla Vibes by Juliette Has A Gun Gentlewoman by Juliette Has A Gun Metal Chypré by Juliette Has A Gun Romantina by Juliette Has A Gun Another Oud by Juliette Has A Gun Sunny Side Up by Juliette Has A Gun Anyway by Juliette Has A Gun Midnight Oud by Juliette Has A Gun Mad Madame by Juliette Has A Gun