Vanilla Vibes 2019

Vanilla Vibes by Juliette Has A Gun
Vanilla Vibes is a new perfume by Juliette Has A Gun for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is sweet-aquatic. It is still in production. Pronunciation

Romano Ricci

Top Notes Top NotesFleur de sel
Heart Notes Heart NotesVanilla absolute, Orchid absolute
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwood absolute, Tonka bean absolute, Brown musk, Benzoin absolute

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 15.09.2020.

Day at the beach
Here there is not silence of the sea,
instead, salt vanilla
strongly into the nose -
it's okay, I'm not afraid
It's also quite pleasant,
to stand lonely here on the beach with the sun blinding me,
Plastic, which gives me shade.

On the skin, where sweat dries,
the sun is burning, I'm so hot,
i'm glad you're not cute Cardboard stickiness, that would be lousy now,
but you, you don't offer!
You are neither a woman nor a man i like how you're in the middle of things so casually go your way.

But at some point, in the end then,
there the dream has run away,
i can't sunbathe any more
in your androgynous glory.
You're just Hans now Simple and stupid,
my love.

What I want is to be your heart the basis is more bad joke,
but does that fit well to the day at the beach - or not? Purely superficial desire...
I think I'll write you a poem And then, uh, consorting again?
Paris91
Juliette, where are the vibes?
I got Vanilla Vibes as a specimen a few months ago. I was not really enthusiastic (see statement).
A few days ago I took the sample out again, because I wanted to know if my opinion about the scent had changed. Very often the weather plays along, too. Or the mood etc. ;)

As a prelude a coconut note jumps right at me. I did not have that on the first test.
The top note is slightly reminiscent of Soleil Blanc, but really only very slightly.

After about 5 minutes it gets salty. Hmm, I don't really like that. Although I have nothing against salt in scents. For example: the Olympea's. This salt note in Vanilla Vibes is too obtrusive and doesn't really connect with the coconut note
Smells like I just put salt on my wrist. I can't smell the Orchid Absolue. I don't smell anything flowery here
Slowly the smell becomes bitter. Yes, it is. Synthetic vanilla appears and the salt gradually withdraws. Maybe the bitter comes from the orchid? I don't know, but it doesn't smell nice!
After about 1 hour out of the mouse and the base notes do not come out at all with me. A synthetic, vanilla, bitter mixture remains on the skin. Sillage is hardly present. If I want to smell the scent I have to press my nose to my wrist.

Bottom line: No vanilla vibes here. At least not on my skin. The only beautiful thing is the bottle!

Vanilla for the summer
This Juliette Has A Gun fragrance had been in my sights for several weeks. This month I took the deal and bought it for a good price. It's a great brand that is especially known for great women's fragrances. Especially the Mmmm ... Besides women's scents, there are also some unisex scents in the assortment. Most of the fragrances of this brand can be bought at designer prices, especially on the internet in certain shops with fair prices. Absolutely fair for high quality and great packaging. Especially ladies should have a look at this brand, if they don't know it yet. Great modern fragrances and some with a lot of sex appeal and elegance.
It was a blind buy. After many years of experience my hit rate is extremely good without any bad buy. Not even this one. A fragrance that doesn't have that rude awakening if you like the notes given. Especially I'm looking for fancy summer scents that don't just smell like a citrusy refresher that floods the summer market. Of course I like this type of scent too, but fancy is great in summer. That summer cheerfulness vibe. My beloved Jacques Fath Curacao Bay also goes in this direction. I simply like these exotic good mood DNAs which are extremely different from the usual ones This fragrance is not an Everybody's Darling, as you can already see from the rating here. A polarizing fragrance that not everyone likes. Who likes sweet scents in summer should definitely try this one. Especially those who can add a salty, aquatic note. This scent definitely stands out among the common summer DNA's.

One at a time: As usual with JHAG fragrances, you get a great big box like you would wish for a niche. A great packaging that can be opened and is wrapped in exactly the same size as the flacon. Very great. Plus a bottle with a great colour gradient and the spray head is one of the best. Big compliment Perfumer is Romano Ricci, who, it seems, works only for this brand. I believe he also owns this brand.
Vanilla in summer? Can you do that? Absolutely. Very good. If vanilla is accompanied by fresh summery notes very good even. For me vanilla is a note I like to smell all year round. Only in humid weather a note I do without. Here it is present over the whole course. The main players are clearly sweet vanilla paired with salty-aquatic Fleur de Sel. This note is a kind of sea salt, which gives it a great summer feeling. In addition, fresh orchid is added, which fits well into this summery robe. Tonka bean also gives the fragrance a great creamy-sweet note, which is slightly reminiscent of body lotion/sun cream. All in all a great gentle scent, which fits especially in summery leisure time and provides for good mood.
Registered as a unisex scent, which I can confirm. In my opinion, he is unisex, although here the majority in the chart classify him as female. Especially the salty note keeps him on the unisex side. Conservative and more mature men are unlikely to be happy with it. I like to wear it without hesitation. The more feminine version with similar DNA but more floral chords is Beach Walk by Maison Magiela, which is also great.
Performance is top, as you would expect from vanilla fragrances. 8+ hours loose with mostly good sillage and lots of good mood.

A fragrance I can warmly recommend for vanilla fans. A uniquer summer scent of a really very good brand. It's great that you can get it very cheap, because it can keep up with many high priced fragrances. But you should test it rather, as it will not appeal to some people.

Finchen1976
Juliette has no gun but a Womanity Dupe with wood stain
Yeah. So today I tested a specimen. Nice flacon, promising scent pyramid.

Sprayed on it and a wave of alcohol floods me (Benzoe Absolue?!). Just like those cheap drugstore scents: you spray and smell nothing but alcohol. Then I smell coconut. Aaaaah, I read it, it's not there, I can still smell it. BUT: this is more of an alcohol note with coconut base! If I were a craftswoman, this would be my preferred wood stain. That's how the scent smells and I sniff my arm shaking my head.

Nah, not really. Where are the rest of the scents?!!

I waited a little while and then... huh? Eh? Hm?... Did I do Womanity today... I... no, no, I did Good Girl today. Why does it smell... oh?! The salt! Funny, I smell a slightly sweeter Womanity EdP Dupe.

It stays like that for a while until everything on my skin calms down. Now, 7 hours later, there is a very nice scent, which has nothing to do with the previous impressions, but is very close
I'm not a master carpenter and I already have Womanity EdP, so dear Juliette, it's not going to work out with us, get your gun and go home! :-)
Strange...
At first I thought... I had to have it. The Sillage is really strong. And he smelled really good, vanilla and maritime. For sweetbreads like me, he was kind of weirdly annoying after a few hours. But, as always, everything is subjective perception, I can imagine it more on a man who loves this fragrance
Uuuuhhhhhh..
Vanilla Vibes.. I must confess, even as I was reading vanilla and musk in the fragrance description, my little Duftnerd-heart jumped and I went to my local fragrance dealers to take a nose full. In vain. There are two perfumeries in my 'dump': The big chain that now distributes silver loyalty cards and a slightly smaller chain that sounds similar to an aging TV chef who was very successful in the 80s. Schubeck's name is
Similar to the kitchen of the 80s, the assortment of the two stores is also... So no Vanilla Vibes. Douglas salesgirl didn't even know the badge. Uh... She recommended Pure Musc from Narciso as an alternative as a novelty to me... Um... But I digress.
Today I got a bottling from my dear Ervin and sprayed the scent on my wrist. In fact, something slightly salty was scurrying through my nose for a moment. I live at the North Sea, I know about salty air. ;) It was a floral-salty touch, quite fine, not stormy. And then immediately came one of my favorites, vanilla...always accompanied by fine, dark, floral notes...not long, then sandalwood and musk join in. That's nice. Warm. Soft. Unobtrusive. Velvety
I am definitely fixed and will continue to sniff and enjoy the next few days. I think he can move in with me soon. And I'm gonna love him. In dark months without sun, when I want to feel sexy...or others should find me sexy. ;) Because he can..
Thanks for the Good Vibrations
Although it's almost summery warm outside today, I'm sitting in my sofa corner - a bit battered and frustrated - trying to chill. Today is the right day for "Vanilla Vibes".

Mixtures of vanilla and sandalwood almost always work for me. The sweet-warm charisma lifts my mood and relaxes me.

"Vanilla Vibes" interprets this combination of vanilla and tonka notes with a sandalwood base as relatively dark - especially for a summer fragrance. The fragrance does not have the radiance of Jilsander's "Sun", not the sophistication of Bottega Veneta's "Essence Aromtique". That's why it's just right today.

From my point of view the flacon in the colours of a day at the sea irritates: no sea scent, no sun cream and no coconuts. "Vanilla Vibes" is rather the evening after the day at the sea: The hair is still a little matt from the salt. Exhausted from a warm day you can enjoy the warmth of the evening sun on the balcony. A damn good feeling.

Unfortunately the smell is not perceptible with me particularly long. Already after one hour it is at most close to the body. It is not suitable for a long holiday - but it is enough for a nice end of the day. Or to feel better in between

LiisaLiisa 14 months ago
It does have a "reminds me of" - connection to Armani's Bleu Turqoise. I do prefer BT to this though.

by Sweetsmell75
by Sweetsmell75
Nur zur Ansicht,  wird später wieder gelöscht.
by FrauLohse
by Gandix
by Gandix
by Eleasar
by Eleasar

Popular Juliette Has A Gun

Moon Dance by Juliette Has A Gun MMMM... by Juliette Has A Gun Calamity J. by Juliette Has A Gun Lady Vengeance by Juliette Has A Gun Citizen Queen by Juliette Has A Gun Oil Fiction by Juliette Has A Gun Liquid Illusion by Juliette Has A Gun Metal Chypré by Juliette Has A Gun Vengeance Extrême by Juliette Has A Gun Into the Void by Juliette Has A Gun Miss Charming by Juliette Has A Gun Gentlewoman by Juliette Has A Gun Romantina by Juliette Has A Gun Another Oud by Juliette Has A Gun Not a Perfume by Juliette Has A Gun Sunny Side Up by Juliette Has A Gun Midnight Oud by Juliette Has A Gun Anyway by Juliette Has A Gun Mad Madame by Juliette Has A Gun Not a Perfume Superdose by Juliette Has A Gun