Lipstick Fever 2020

Lipstick Fever by Juliette Has A Gun
Lipstick Fever is a new perfume by Juliette Has A Gun for women and was released in 2020. The scent is fruity-powdery. Pronunciation

Romano Ricci

Top Notes Top NotesRaspberry, Violet absolute
Heart Notes Heart NotesPatchouli, Orris absolute, Cedar
Base Notes Base NotesVanilla absolute

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 23.09.2020.

A Surprise
I have received an original sample of this fragrance as an addition. The name made me think of a very powdery scent, which should not fit into my prey scheme. But I was thoroughly mistaken.
It's a lot fresher than I expected. For me it is not the perfect fragrance but I don't think it is that bad. For me patchouli is not so dominant here, which I like very much. But all in all a bit too sweet for my taste.
Where's the lipstick??
When JHaG launched the new fragrances, I was already thinking "what a pity to be done with that guy. JHaG DNA". This clean, woody one, caused by iso-E-super or ambroxane. One has his ideas of a fragrance house and somehow a Hulla scent I suspected like Vanilla Vibes and creamy lipstick like in Lipstick on did not fit into my JHaG world
But I should have known. *g*

First of all, I don't know Vanilla Vibes, but I will test it somehow. Lipstick Fever, however, is completely different from how I imagined it. There is nothing with creamy cuddly lipstick like in Lipstick on. No, this lipstick is a guy. JhaG - with lots of Iso-E-Super or Ambroxan, all over the place and unfortunately for my nose a bit too much of a good thing. Lipstick Fever is not clean-woody and rather soft like Not a Perfume, but unfortunately very stinging, so I rather use Iso-E-Super, which is often very stinging for my nose. ... fruity? I find it hard to believe, it's not a make-up note. This comes a little later, probably the iris. But it won't be as powdery as in Lipstick on, but I can still detect a slight note of make-up smell at some point.

But it still stings my nose.

It doesn't smell particularly seductive to me either, but not unpleasant either. Despite this intense prickly note. Interesting, though. Nevertheless I advise against blind buying, especially if you are looking for a fragrance like Lipstick on. Could go in the pants. ;)
Smellie13
The visit of the old lady
When searching for a suitable title for this commentary, I first had "the breathed kiss" in mind due to the weak sillage and durability mentioned several times before.

Then I tried my hand at free association. Lipstick Fever...lipstick fever...and I already had the image of one of those old ladies before my eyes, who feverishly want to keep their younger selves alive optically, but unfortunately sometimes overshoot the mark a bit. The following appearance appears: neatly dressed up to conspicuously trendy, a blow-dry wave in her more than slightly purple hair and boldly presented make-up. The lips are so heavily made up that the actual edge of the lipstick, probably also due to the lack of a steady hand and a sharp eye due to the age, competes with today's botoxpractice.

The tragicomedy of the same name by Friedrich Dürrenmatt was merely a further step in the association, but plays no further role in this commentary except as its title.

And I don't want to express that "Lipstick Fever" is somehow old-fashioned or old-fashioned
To the fragrance:

As a member of the "Lipstick" inclination group here in this forum, I was already looking forward to receiving my sample ;-) and read the first descriptions very curiously. After 3 days of personal testing I can understand almost all the comments I have made so far ;-)
The similarity to "Replica - Lipstick On" is striking in the first phase of the fragrance, I'd even see him as a twin, although "Lipstick Fever" is in my opinion less waxy and a little less sweet (which I'm glad about), but more powdery in comparison.

A connection to Malle's "Lipstick Rose" was also mentioned in a forum thread. In my opinion, the common denominator here is the violet-powdery lipstick projection in the scent. The malle differs in the prominent presence of the rose and a vintage charm; both are not present in "Lipstick Fever".

The presented lipstick note is very authentic and wonderful at the beginning, but unfortunately, as with all lipstick fragrances, it does not remain in this form for very long
At the beginning I can smell a slightly fruity raspberry, but as it progresses I only perceive it pleasantly lightly in the projection, on my skin it disappears completely, leaving nothing of it. The scent reminds me a little bit of "French Kiss", when this lipstick-berry note wafts around me
If I sniff directly on the skin after some time, I can unfortunately also perceive absolutely no lipstick scent anymore. I feel it then rather as already described by @ Serduszko as powdery-spicy violet/iris scent. Another Guerlain scent came into my mind, namely "Cuir Beluga". "Sweet" is only a side note, and the fragrance is absolutely unisex from then on at the latest
And I can also locate the pungent note described by @ Baerlie, although I find it more like a tickling in the nose, which is not unpleasant for me.

With the slightly woody note that comes with it, it reminded me more of "Armani Privé - Rose d'Artiste" than of "Liquid Illusion". The latter had a rather clear synthetic note, which I fortunately don't notice in "Lipstick Fever".

As I have observed so often, the more often I wear it, the better and longer I can perceive the scent. The spray bursts from the original sample unfortunately don't give much and I can imagine that the scent sprayed directly from the bottle or from a pen also gives more substance and endurance.

In the projection I can also perceive something pleasantly creamy again and again, it smells very well-groomed and also like a good make-up.

All in all, I think the fragrance is quite pleasing. It is certainly a pleasant companion, which blows around your nose with different facets and therefore doesn't get boring very fast. It keeps the balance between lipstick, slightly berry, powdery-spicy, creamy and make-up. So all of them are nothing new or special, but if you like these directions, you are probably well served.

To pick up on the painted cover once again: unlike the lovely old lady with her make-up, there's actually nothing wrong with the fragrance.

And considering the appealing red bottle, I can well imagine that the fragrance will be absorbed by me.

Oh, and I'll order the lipstick-scented candle "Marilyn Candle" as well. That's what @Behaviour has made me very curious about. Maybe it will bring the permanent lipstick wafts that the whole "lipstick fraction" here dreams of ;-)

GorgiaGorgia 78 days ago
If my lipstick smelled like this, I would throw it away!!!

Popular Juliette Has A Gun

Moon Dance by Juliette Has A Gun MMMM... by Juliette Has A Gun Calamity J. by Juliette Has A Gun Lady Vengeance by Juliette Has A Gun Citizen Queen by Juliette Has A Gun Oil Fiction by Juliette Has A Gun Liquid Illusion by Juliette Has A Gun Metal Chypré by Juliette Has A Gun Vengeance Extrême by Juliette Has A Gun Into the Void by Juliette Has A Gun Miss Charming by Juliette Has A Gun Gentlewoman by Juliette Has A Gun Vanilla Vibes by Juliette Has A Gun Romantina by Juliette Has A Gun Another Oud by Juliette Has A Gun Not a Perfume by Juliette Has A Gun Sunny Side Up by Juliette Has A Gun Midnight Oud by Juliette Has A Gun Anyway by Juliette Has A Gun Mad Madame by Juliette Has A Gun