Lamar 2020

Lamar by Kajal
Lamar is a popular perfume by Kajal for women and was released in 2020. The scent is fruity-sweet. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Mark Buxton

Top Notes Top NotesRed berriesRed berries AppleApple PineapplePineapple BergamotBergamot CorianderCoriander CardamomCardamom OrangeOrange
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine sambac absoluteJasmine sambac absolute Bulgarian roseBulgarian rose Turkish roseTurkish rose TagetesTagetes MagnoliaMagnolia SaffronSaffron
Base Notes Base NotesAmbroxanAmbroxan CedarwoodCedarwood VanillaVanilla MossMoss ToffeeToffee MuskMusk

Submitted by EmergeR, last update on 05.10.2022.

2 in-depth fragrance descriptions

Gold luminescent
Lamar feels luminescent, as if completely surrounded by the radiations of a luminous golden halo, my olfactory senses are ignited by an incredible coalescence of tropical fruits. This vibrant and juicy melange of pineapple, delicious red fruits and spiced apples, create this beautiful and exciting tropical paradise. Intriguing aromatic spiciness, which creates even more temptations to this phenomenal opening. Majestic rose petals glide alongside warm tropical fruity floral jasmine and sweet magnolia, together rich floral swirls surround the delectable fruits, revealing intricate silky ribbons and shimmering golden layers, amber brings warmth and sweetness with woody touches and a dusting powder shimmering as it floats towards welcoming vanilla melt. Cashmere accentuated by smooth amber creates even more allure, cedar with camphoraceous notes and woody balsamic undertone and musky echo envelop affable arms, inviting sensual musks. Lamar is so special that he totally consumed my mind, body and soul, in this extraordinary extravaganza where the caliber of his virtuosity and his finesse overwhelmed me.
First class transformation
Today is the perfect day to write down my opinion on this fragrance. I got the sample a month ago and wore it a few times, but mostly without leaving the house. The impression was already perfect: at the start just for a very short time some pineapple in an oriental spice blend. Definitely I perceive the note of cardamom, which also stays for a longer time. I like this scent as it reminds me of the cozy tea party in winter. There is something warming about it.
Today a nasty foggy autumn day, +5; I have to pick something up and drive off. In the rather cold car, I suddenly notice a delicate floral rosy scent all at once. What smelled slightly oriental and citric earlier in the warm house turned into a flower meadow. I was not allowed to experience such a beautiful transformation and am really impressed.
Towards evening, the whole thing becomes a light vanilla on noble wood.
My conclusion: a versatile fragrance to fall in love.
A bottle I have just ordered. :-)
Crazy Juice
I would like to describe you simply my fragrance impressions of this yet very unusual fragrance, because I have rarely tested a fragrance in which so many associations have come to mind.

1. Scent image "In the morning":
I stand in the kitchen cut open a pineapple, the fresh scent rises to my nose. It tingles on my tongue, tart, juicy and fun. The juice drips onto the wooden board warmed by the sun, making the pineapple smell warmer and riper. Not enough fruity freshness yet. So just quickly cut a Granny Smith into boats and enjoy. I add a coriander leaf as decoration. The orange stands further away, brings a little sweetness in the room.

2. Scent picture "In the afternoon"
I walk through the park. The roses are in full bloom. The sun is shining. Suddenly the sky darkens and a summer shower moistens plants and ground. I pass a rose bush, which is the new territory of the mongrel Baloo. A Coke has spilled on the bench next door. Quickly away from here, is my thought.

3. Scent picture "In the evening":
I stand in the forest with bare feet on moss, some sandalwood chips picks the soles of my feet. In my hand I hold the apple and pineapple slices from the morning. Someone is chopping wood. It smells like warm skin. Is someone unwrapping a caramel candy?

These thoughts crossed my mind while testing the scent. Really a Crazy Juice, in my opinion, scent experience. In a certain way, he has grabbed me and also fascinated. Where I would classify him rather, for my sensation, in the masculine direction.

While researching if anyone here feels this similarly, I came across the similarity to BR 540. After reading this, I figured the vibe in the drydown could definitely be described as similar. Still, the scents are substantially different in my perception.

Conclusion:
A little bit of everything, maybe a little too much. The quality is exceptionally good as well as the durability. Even after the shower, it is still very present.

i'm curious if it went to someone similar.

Who likes complex fragrances and Kopfkino :-), necessarily test.
Arabian nights
I've been thinking for a long time about how to do Lamar by Kajal justice in words. The fragrance has had an incredible fascination on me from the first smell. It is so dazzling, deep and multi-faceted. And then the song "Arabian nights" from the movie Aladdin came to mind. Lamar is not an Oriental, but he expresses that mystery for me...
Walking through a lush oriental market, there is something new to discover at every corner. In the background rise the towers of the palace of the Sultan, where the most wonderful treasures are waiting.

For me, it is difficult to smell out individual notes in Lamar, but that does not matter, because he is simply a work of art for me with a great sillage and durability
Powerhouse 2.0
I come from the depths of the Ruhr area, where perfume culture was traditionally still written small. One could think that the overloaded powerhouse fragrances of the 80s still formed the heyday here. There, where people didn't work but "malocht" and didn't play football but "bolzt" and a classic-animal male type ruled, just the word "perfume" (in correct French pronunciation) raised eyebrows. The only chance to wear a fragrance and escape homophobic quips was to reach for the category: musk, steel beams, and the back row of the spice rack.

How fortunate that times have changed. Today, everyone can wear anything, regardless of marketing direction. And that's a good thing!

Lamar, to me, is the modern definition of a powerhouse. The opening is a fruity explosion that is second to none. It immediately shines a few rays of sunshine through our much loved coal dust darkened sky and projects with power the smell of onions from the colliery estate. In the drydown, I imagine I smell real rose (considerably darker and "dirtier" than the stereotypical idea of rose scent), which harmonizes perfectly with the saffron. These simply do not want to leave one and float an eternity over the noble parquet of the base.

So, I will now treat myself to my Powerhouse 2.0 and with undershirt to the barbell in the former coal cellar. Earlier was somehow much worse...

5 short views on the fragrance
BertolucciKBertolucciK 2 years ago
It opens with a freshly picked rose on a rainy day and spices. In the drydown, sweet pineapple and cardamom appear, which combine perfectly.
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 1 year ago
After a juicy spicy-fruity opening, this powdery/sweet oriental spicy-floral Fall fragrance, settles to a warm and musky resinous-woody base
ScentedNekoScentedNeko 3 months ago
Pineapple but not Aventus at all. Fruity composition with lots of ambroxan. Very loveable.
Makers75Makers75 9 days ago
Shear Elegance! Lamar is stunning and captivating. It is fruity, floral, and woody... beautiful. Quality is unmatched. Numerous compliments
KraemdonKraemdon 1 month ago
Intoxicating freshly cut rose with pineapple which develops beautifuly into a warm, woody, sweet vanilla with green rose. Screams quality
More statements

Images

10 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Kajal

Almaz by Kajal Kajal Homme by Kajal Dahab by Kajal Kajal Homme II by Kajal Sareef by Kajal Fiddah by Kajal Warek by Kajal Sawlaj by Kajal Joorie by Kajal Yasmina by Kajal Faris by Kajal Kajal by Kajal Alujain by Kajal Wardé by Kajal Jihan by Kajal