Lamar 2020

Lamar by Kajal
Lamar is a new perfume by Kajal for women and was released in 2020. The scent is fruity-sweet. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Mark Buxton

VanillaVanilla
MossMoss
ToffeeToffee
MuskMusk

Submitted by EmergeR, last update on 12.10.2021.

Crazy Juice
I would like to describe you simply my fragrance impressions of this yet very unusual fragrance, because I have rarely tested a fragrance in which so many associations have come to mind.

1. Scent image "In the morning":
I stand in the kitchen cut open a pineapple, the fresh scent rises to my nose. It tingles on my tongue, tart, juicy and fun. The juice drips onto the wooden board warmed by the sun, making the pineapple smell warmer and riper. Not enough fruity freshness yet. So just quickly cut a Granny Smith into boats and enjoy. I add a coriander leaf as decoration. The orange stands further away, brings a little sweetness in the room.

2. Scent picture "In the afternoon"
I walk through the park. The roses are in full bloom. The sun is shining. Suddenly the sky darkens and a summer shower moistens plants and ground. I pass a rose bush, which is the new territory of the mongrel Baloo. A Coke has spilled on the bench next door. Quickly away from here, is my thought.

3. Scent picture "In the evening":
I stand in the forest with bare feet on moss, some sandalwood chips picks the soles of my feet. In my hand I hold the apple and pineapple slices from the morning. Someone is chopping wood. It smells like warm skin. Is someone unwrapping a caramel candy?

These thoughts crossed my mind while testing the scent. Really a Crazy Juice, in my opinion, scent experience. In a certain way, he has grabbed me and also fascinated. Where I would classify him rather, for my sensation, in the masculine direction.

While researching if anyone here feels this similarly, I came across the similarity to BR 540. After reading this, I figured the vibe in the drydown could definitely be described as similar. Still, the scents are substantially different in my perception.

Conclusion:
A little bit of everything, maybe a little too much. The quality is exceptionally good as well as the durability. Even after the shower, it is still very present.

i'm curious if it went to someone similar.

Who likes complex fragrances and Kopfkino :-), necessarily test.
Arabian nights
I've been thinking for a long time about how to do Lamar by Kajal justice in words. The fragrance has had an incredible fascination on me from the first smell. It is so dazzling, deep and multi-faceted. And then the song "Arabian nights" from the movie Aladdin came to mind. Lamar is not an Oriental, but he expresses that mystery for me...
Walking through a lush oriental market, there is something new to discover at every corner. In the background rise the towers of the palace of the Sultan, where the most wonderful treasures are waiting.

For me, it is difficult to smell out individual notes in Lamar, but that does not matter, because he is simply a work of art for me with a great sillage and durability
Powerhouse 2.0
I come from the depths of the Ruhr area, where perfume culture was traditionally still written small. One could think that the overloaded powerhouse fragrances of the 80s still formed the heyday here. There, where people didn't work but "malocht" and didn't play football but "bolzt" and a classic-animal male type ruled, just the word "perfume" (in correct French pronunciation) raised eyebrows. The only chance to wear a fragrance and escape homophobic quips was to reach for the category: musk, steel beams, and the back row of the spice rack.

How fortunate that times have changed. Today, everyone can wear anything, regardless of marketing direction. And that's a good thing!

Lamar, to me, is the modern definition of a powerhouse. The opening is a fruity explosion that is second to none. It immediately shines a few rays of sunshine through our much loved coal dust darkened sky and projects with power the smell of onions from the colliery estate. In the drydown, I imagine I smell real rose (considerably darker and "dirtier" than the stereotypical idea of rose scent), which harmonizes perfectly with the saffron. These simply do not want to leave one and float an eternity over the noble parquet of the base.

So, I will now treat myself to my Powerhouse 2.0 and with undershirt to the barbell in the former coal cellar. Earlier was somehow much worse...
Märchenfee
Lamar is a fragrance that glows
Through a bottling I learn to know and love this fragrance.

Immediately after spraying, I heard bergamot and pineapple of the finest kind. It was something frightening in what intensity it emerged. After a while Bulgarian and Turkish rose joined in and what comes out after my nose in the base note is vanilla, cedar and musk.
It is remarkable that this perfume contains 19 fragrance notes and they were so skillfully put together to harmonize perfectly with each other, that is true perfume art. To the durability I can say, it holds 10 hours +.
The fragrance is unisex and rightly so. Find also he can come all year to use ( well at 30 degrees) not necessarily, but on a summer evening I can imagine him certainly and gladly.

For me, Lamar Kajal is a masterpiece and especially beautiful sweetheart.

Wonder bag par excellence
What multi-faceted fragrance...
Immediately after spraying it comes almost citrusy to change immediately in a fruit bomb.
Again a little later come floral chords and when the composition has fully unfolded, it is hardly distinguishable from the 540.
Pineapple on mass
After I had paid no attention to this bottling for 2 months, it was now time. Without a look at the pyramid I let myself fall into the adventure... and what can I say... that was it actually.
My first thought after letting the alcohol evaporate on my skin: Wow, this one really has something going for it.

Promptly pineapple makes itself felt, a very fresh pineapple, which is just cut open. In me memories come up to my kindergarten time, in which the pineapple filled most of my break box. Immediately, the familiar and comforting scent filled me with joy and sunshine. This initially very prominent pineapple is joined by orange and the two begin to dance together. Pineapple leads, orange lets itself slide and moves with - so I like it.
I hardly get anything from the spices, they probably rather watch as the two swirl across the parquet. But that's just as well, because the two need no one else to shine.

After a while, the scent becomes more elegant, powdery, and a little soapy. I suspect that the roses have their fingers in the pie here. They do not exactly lighten the mood - rather, they give the fragrance seriousness and class. The roses are rather content with themselves and don't really want anything to do with the tangy-young pineapple at first. Fortunately, the roses open up a bit and engage in a joint dance with the fruit. The scent has been quite exciting and varied up to this point, but that's about it. On my skin is danced exactly so further.

One thing is for sure, this fragrance makes a good mood. The tangy fruitiness, the feminine flowers and in addition a slightly sweet finish...
However, it is not exactly a fragrance for every occasion. I find it too powdery, too sharp and too elegant to wear it for a sofa evening with my girls.
Lamar also needs space to fill. On the one hand, this is due to its powerful and dynamic fragrance profile, and on the other, its performance in terms of charisma, which brings us to performance.
And it really impressed me, too. The fragrance has a very strong sillage and lasts on my skin all evening.
I think the pineapple, which, by the way, runs through the whole scent, makes the fragrance spring fresh. Also in the many a summer evening you can do nothing wrong with it.

The Sultan of Fruits
- Sorry.
Isn't everything sugar, wheat, and dairy?
- She can have vegetables and fruits.
- Oh, but she can eat fruits.
- Fruits. Yeah.
- Any kind of fruits?
- Mango, pineapple.

Quotes from the movie "This is 40"

Lamar by Kajal is fruits.
It's a fruity, floral, oriental.

It starts with a blast of fresh fruits like orange, apple and of sweet fruits like pineapple, red berries.
The fresh fruits disappear very quickly and a strong freshly picked rose on a rainy day scent overlaps the pineapple and the red berries for about 10 minutes. The rose is very spicy, perfectly blended with cardamom and coriander.

15 minutes after spraying the perfume, the rose loses some strength and we get now a very noticeable blend of pineapple, red berries, rose, cinnamon and a bit of magnolia.

In the drydown, the musk starts to shine and to make the perfume very sexy. The perfume is now more fruity, but also very syrupy, maybe from the amber and the toffee. The vanilla is sweet and quite present but I get also some woods.

After some hours, I only get sweet fruits with a lot of musk and saffron, pepper, that gives me the same vibe as Baccarat Rouge 540 by Maison Francis Kurkdjian. The Ambroxan, that I get from the start, makes Lamar project with a lot of power and gives an ethereal feel to the scent.

Projection is very good. The same for longevity.
It's a sexy and playful scent that you can use on a summer night or during the spring and fall.

BoBoChampBoBoChamp 6 months ago
After a juicy spicy-fruity opening, this powdery/sweet oriental spicy-floral Fall fragrance, settles to a warm and musky resinous-woody base
BertolucciKBertolucciK 11 months ago
It opens with a freshly picked rose on a rainy day and spices. In the drydown, sweet pineapple and cardamom appear, which combine perfectly.

by Vroni72
by Eniii
by Marialiuki
by Marialiuki

Popular Kajal

Kajal Homme by Kajal Kajal Homme II by Kajal Dahab by Kajal Sareef by Kajal Warek by Kajal Fiddah by Kajal Yasmina by Kajal Joorie by Kajal Alujain by Kajal Sawlaj by Kajal Kajal by Kajal Wardé by Kajal Jihan by Kajal