Kanøn 1966Eau de Toilette

Kanøn (Eau de Toilette) by Kanøn
Kanøn (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Kanøn for men and was released in 1966. The scent is spicy-woody. It is being marketed by Palm Beach Beauté.

Top Notes Top NotesKey lime, Sicilian bergamot, Clary sage
Heart Notes Heart NotesCinnamon leaf, Lily-of-the-valley, Egyptian jasmine, Violet, Frankincense
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Haitian vetiver, Oakmoss, Moss, Sandalwood, Honey, Amber, Patchouli

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 02.07.2018.

This scent was marketed by Scannon Ltd. in the past.

BobJ
A "Gentlemanly" fragrance from the 1960's.
I was gifted a small mini of this, along with a number of other things, by a friend who works at a perfume shop. The mini looks like the original bottle, funky wood cap and all.

And to be honest, not exactly the most modern stuff, but what should we expect from a fragrance that (despite the date mentioned on this page) comes to us from almost 50 years ago ? So "Gentlemanly" is probably the proper term. I'm plenty old myself, and remember scents like this, so perhaps my perspective is skewed and this fragrance would be viewed differently by a younger person. But at my age, I find myself a bit frightened to be reminded how old I really am, and I found the smell of Kanon did have a tendency to remind me of that.

However, the other surprise I took away from Kanon was the fact that an inexpensive fragrance like this ( under $20, and sometimes under $10) does not have to smell cheap or poorly thought-out. This is clearly a well-made fragrance, and serves to embarrass those of us who happily shell out large sums of money for many of the lesser fragrances we purchase.

Perhaps this fragrance is not for me, and should be viewed as more of a lesson in history, but good quality stuff none the less.

Popular Kanøn

Norwegian Wood (Eau de Toilette) by Kanøn Agarwood by Kanøn K.O. (Eau de Toilette) by Kanøn