Sinner 2009 Eau de Parfum

Sinner (Eau de Parfum) by Kat Von D
Sinner (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Kat Von D for women and was released in 2009. The scent is sweet-oriental. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin orangeMandarin orange
MuskMusk
PatchouliPatchouli
VanillaVanilla
VetiverVetiver

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 09.02.2021.

The scent was re-released in 2017.

Scentility
Transiently sinful and originally beautiful
I bought Sinner at a discount store, and this was a lucky buy since this scent is likely to be discontinued. I like Kat Von D, and consider her a true artistic soul. Aside from her artistry and talents, just look at her- she looks like a work of art herself. Simply gorgeous and adorned with her own designs. She is her own persona in a world that tends to devalue anything original and out of the norm. I think her makeup and perfume are very original and one of a kind. Yes, this still has a clear market appeal, but common, cinnamon, plum and patchouli mixed with orange blossom and vetiver? I haven’t heard of many recent designer scents like this one. She hand drew the bottle design and it looks appropriately gothic, darkly romantic and truly remarkable. And yes, it does look a little disturbing on my dresser reminding me of the fleeting nature of it all in life. The black plummy goodness inside is like a vintage bottle of mysterious potion that belongs to the enchantress. The perfume itself is very modern and is simply intoxicating. I sprayed it generously today, as life’s complexities were getting to me and I needed something magically uplifting. Sinner gave me a leg up, and soon I was feeling better in this transient sometimes melancholy world.
Beautiful packaging
The packaging is great, suits my taste...But what's wrong with the fragrance and shelf life? I can't do that... The scent doesn't even stay on the skin The scent is too sweet, too weird, too imitated.
The perfume is just sitting on my shelf because of the packaging.

Cute Bottle
This was promising to begin with but effectively disappointed me in its execution.
Started out creamy and floral (orange blossom) but eventually turned into a boring berries (plum) and patchouli non-entity of a scent.

In the opening stage I found elements of GUCCI by GUCCI and the BLACK XS POTION flanker, so nothing new but nice/enjoyable nonetheless. It felt fresh, vibrant, daytime appropriate.

Then the patchouli took center stage and the floral notes dissipated, leaving behind a watered down rendition of TSUKIYO by ANNAYAKE, which is all fair and well if you are looking for a weaker version of that, but I am not.

If there was some focus here it could be nice. A spice or a flower taking center stage wouldn't have gone amiss. My conclusion is that there are far better/more complex scents available in this category, though I do like the bottle very much in its half ANNA SUI, half GUIPURE & SILK style (in a kind of tacky rock chic way). Ultimately it feels a little basic and lacks depth of character.

What a sin!
... It did not work for me at all, sadly. Ok, I'll admit it, I allowed myself to be seduced by the name and packaging. Good thing I only got a rollervial for 20 bucks!
I find it cloying to no end, syrupy, sticky and overbearing in its approach, it did not evolve on me, it stayed linear and flat, with the finesse of a giant mattress dumped on my head from the third floor.
I so wanted to love this, but she didn't like me one bit, it turns out.
Pity, because I loved the concept.

Surprisingly Nice Sweet Patchouli Floriental
I am surprised at how nice Kat Von D SINNER smells. Not sure why, except of course that it is a celebrity launch. Sweet floral patchouli is obviously a huge fad, and in SINNER I don't think that anything very new is being done, but the blend smells fairly good and better than some of the other perfumes occupying the same general olfactory neighborhood.

In some ways, this is a budget version of something along the lines of Juliette has a Gun VENGEANCE EXTREME. The big difference is that here the flowers are white, rather than roses. But the big, big patchouli, and the sweet vanilla come through even the fairly strong musk base. Although I hasten to add that this composition is quite a bit less musky than, say, Tocca CLEOPATRA, to which SINNER can be favorably compared.

Not bad at all. I do not believe that this smells cheap, although it is inexpensive relative to the niche analogues. To my nose, the plum in this composition is very low key, so I would not call this one a fruity chypre. No, this is a straightforward floriental, it seems to me. Needless to say: for patchouli lovers only!

Sinner
It opens light with an innocent facade of
Orange blossom and a bit of Mandarin then
in a few minutes to becomes deep and sensual with succulent ripe plums start
to steep into the senses like the demoness
Lilith from ancient Semitic myth who
seduces men to their deaths the plum has
a seductive power then dries to an spicy
edging of cinnamon and dries the middle
with jasmine hides beneath the sin in a
little crevasse The drydown is dark is
musk and woods the other notes like
Vetiver Patchouli and vanilla remains
elusive to senses and unfortunaly this
does'nt last it's fleeting like the moment of Adam and Eve in the garden of
Eden right before when eve picked the
fruit of sin and i bet what Sin smelled
like.

VmasterVmaster 11 months ago
A really nice fragrance that sadly lasts a very short while. After 4 hours I can no longer smell this on my skin.
DorothyGraceDorothyGrace 4 years ago
Perfumy like bath cubes, salts. If J'adore is a hurricane this is a slight drizzle. Not unpleasant but kinda not good enough for the £s.

by Odinia
by Odinia

Popular Kat Von D

Saint (Eau de Parfum) by Kat Von D Adora by Kat Von D Poetica by Kat Von D Saint Angeles Eau Fraîche by Kat Von D Saint Solid Perfume Ring (Solid Perfume) by Kat Von D Sinner Solid Perfume Ring (Solid Perfume) by Kat Von D