Sinner (Eau de Parfum) by Kat Von D

Sinner 2009 Eau de Parfum

Chimidoro
08.06.2018 - 05:32 PM

Cute Bottle

This was promising to begin with but effectively disappointed me in its execution.
Started out creamy and floral (orange blossom) but eventually turned into a boring berries (plum) and patchouli non-entity of a scent.

In the opening stage I found elements of GUCCI by GUCCI and the BLACK XS POTION flanker, so nothing new but nice/enjoyable nonetheless. It felt fresh, vibrant, daytime appropriate.

Then the patchouli took center stage and the floral notes dissipated, leaving behind a watered down rendition of TSUKIYO by ANNAYAKE, which is all fair and well if you are looking for a weaker version of that, but I am not.

If there was some focus here it could be nice. A spice or a flower taking center stage wouldn't have gone amiss. My conclusion is that there are far better/more complex scents available in this category, though I do like the bottle very much in its half ANNA SUI, half GUIPURE & SILK style (in a kind of tacky rock chic way). Ultimately it feels a little basic and lacks depth of character.

Latest Reviews

ChimidoroChimidoro 3 years ago
Narciso (Eau de Parfum) - Narciso Rodriguez

Narciso (Eau de Parfum) Gardenia Blossoms Beside The Local Chippy
I love(d) this and got it at the moment of its release, however, and please do give me some credence, this has a tendency to smell of chips in newspaper. It's beautiful. It's not "masculine" to my nose, though others seem...

ChimidoroChimidoro 4 years ago
La Mia Perla - La Perla

La Mia Perla A Comfort Scent
Creamy coconut & salty suede through to a musky heart. A mainly vanillic, savory scent with a dry down of soft, woody, steamed rice/vanilla in the ilk of KENZO AMOUR, minus any floral notes. 6 hour longevity with one spray per wrist, starts with...