Kate by Kate Moss
Bottle Design Lutz Herrmann
Kate is a perfume by Kate Moss for women and was released in 2007. The scent is floral-fresh. It was last marketed by Coty.

Nathalie Lorson

Top Notes Top NotesPineapple, Orange blossom, Red pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Peony, Violet leaf
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Patchouli, Cedarwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 12.09.2016.

Seatonica
Why did I buy this again?
Being unable to detect any of the notes listed, all I can do is describe Kate as an inoffensive soapy rose, pleasant in warm weather but with weak sillage and poor longevity. Which makes it cheap and cheerful, I guess.

A Well Crafted Rose For A Friendly Price
Kate Moss Perfume has surprised me, pleasantly! It's a very pretty and yummy rose. A classy rose that can stand its ground with the best of the rose scents. It's not boring or one-dimensional like some rose scents.

If I have to compare it I have to say that to my nose Kate Moss is the closest thing to D&G Rose The One that I have smelled. I get rose, peony and swirls of magnolia notes that turn this "celebrity" scent into a wonderful crisp, classic rose scent. NOT old-fashioned and not cloying, but very pretty and elegant.

If this had some serious longevity it could have rivalled D&G; but, alas, it is a bit 'tender' in that department. Nevertheless, if one considers the price difference it doesn't seem too unreasonable to refresh KM once or twice in a day.

Silage is: "a wonderful fresh rose, modern yet with a classy vibe" - Longevity is on me about 3+ hours. But I have dry skin and if applied on clothes too it hangs on longer.

A must sniff for rose fans, people that like to have budget options and everyone that would like to try a D&G "flanker".

PS After looking at the other creations of 'nose' Nathalie Lorson it now makes perfect sense to me that this scent is a well crafted and multi layered potion.

An Intertextual Perfume
Kate Moss KATE reminds me of a mixture of three different perfumes: Lanvin RUMEUR (similar magnolia-rose-patchouli presentation), Lancome MIRACLE (similar magnolia-pepper complex), and STELLA (similar peony-rose combo). On top of all of that, KATE opens with a splash of fruitiness which evokes in this wearer immediate memories of the cherry toothpaste used by one of my former dentists.

KATE has a sort of postmodern quality, above all with its multiple allusions (some more obscure than others!) to fragrances which may or may not be recognized by wearers. Something like the intertextual references in the films of Quentin Tarantino. Fortunately, however, Coty had the good sense to spare us the violently toxic opening of RUMEUR.

This would have been a perfect fragrance to bear the name MADONNA: lots of swirling identities, no real essence. Hmmm...on second thought, perhaps it's perfectly apt for a model, as well.

Pink and flowery
When I think of this fragrance, I remember being 17 and running up to the perfume counter every day just to douse myself in this scent. I'm not sure why I never bought it, (I'm guessing my Britney Spears fragrance obsession finally took over), but I managed to forget all about it and eventually lose interest. Today I had to refresh my memory.

At first sniff I can understand why I used to love it so much, however it is very different from the fragrances I now own. It's soft, subtle and rosy; extremely feminine and flowery. Vastly different from my loud gourmands and deeply sensual fragrances.

I wouldn't say that this fragrance smells cheap, but it is however rather common and unimaginative. The lasting power is this fragrance's major downfall. Within only a few minutes of applying, this scent had almost completely disappeared.

I read in one review, a girl describing this fragrance as being "nice but forgettable", and I totally agree with that statement. For lovers of soft and delicate rose scents or perhaps people wanting a lighter version of Stella by Stella McCartney, give this scent a try, you may just like it.

by Sunnyiland
by Sunnyiland
by Ergreifend
by Ergreifend
by Thornyrose
by Thornyrose

Popular Kate Moss

Vintage by Kate Moss Velvet Hour by Kate Moss Lilabelle by Kate Moss Kate Luxury Edition by Kate Moss Summer Time by Kate Moss Lilabelle Truly Adorable by Kate Moss Vintage Muse by Kate Moss Wild Meadow by Kate Moss