Velvet Hour 2008

Velvet Hour by Kate Moss
Bottle Design Lutz Hermann
Velvet Hour is a perfume by Kate Moss for women and was released in 2008. The scent is woody-spicy. It was last marketed by Coty.

Top Notes Top NotesBlue chili CashmeranCashmeran FreesiaFreesia
Heart Notes Heart NotesNutmegNutmeg PatchouliPatchouli
Base Notes Base NotesAmberAmber EbonyEbony SandalwoodSandalwood

Submitted by Sani, last update on 05.02.2021.

1 in-depth fragrance description
Faronina
The blue velvet spice oasis
I first tested this fragrance when it first came out. I found it too herb-masculine and didn't take it with me despite the beautiful midnight-blue bottle.
But since Vintage I think that Kate has a good nose for scents and I wanted to revive it now, because it fits with its spicy base wonderfully into the autumn Unfortunately, he is hardly to get and quite expensive, so I ordered the miniature.
And after a few cuddly days with Velvet Hour I have to say it would have been nice to have a bigger bottle as well;-)
The scent doesn't seem so harsh anymore, it has a spiciness that reminds me of men's fragrances, but this is clearly softened by the freesia and it comes across soft and cuddly, it is rather close to the skin, for a larger sphere of action you have to refill several times.
I mainly perceive a well-balanced mixture of spices on a soft woody base, the pepper is rather reservedly dosed and does not tickle the nose. I can't really make out cashmeran and nutmeg, I had this much more in my memory.

I have heard that Kate Moss is a fan of L'Heure Bleue and this influence is not only noticeable in the name. Of course L'Heure Bleue plays in a completely different class and is a multi-layered work of art, but this distant relative also has its soft-spicy charm.
Anyway, I'm glad that the pretty little blue hour will accompany me this autumn and with its spiciness will put me in the mood for Christmas.

Velvety spice and all things nice
I never expected this fragrance to be so unique and interesting. Since testing Kate, her first fragrance, I assumed that all her scents would be safe and unoriginal. Velvet Hour transcends past the common stereotype, and becomes something distinctive and alluring.

I'll start by saying that Velvet Hour is a sillage monster, a scent that lasts and lasts. Because this fragrance is so strong I would most likely recommend this scent for Winter or night use.

It's sweet, peppery, dark, intense and strangely beautiful. I'm so surprised that this fragrance sells so cheaply. I think its price may have something to do with the lack of promotion, because it definitely isn't based on the quality of this fragrance.

Velvet Hour opens with the soft and powdery freesia note, with the incense and pepper creating a smoky yet spicy quality. This opening on its own is very impressive.

The patchouli becomes quite strong after a few minutes of wear but the nutmeg mantains a certain softness and femininity which is delightful.

The drydown is a little bland, however I do still enjoy this fragrance. Amber ends this fragrance with a warm and sensual closure.

I'd make this fragrance a top pick for a unique evening scent that will certainly have you noticed and admired.

Images

5 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Kate Moss

Vintage by Kate Moss Kate by Kate Moss Lilabelle by Kate Moss Kate Luxury Edition by Kate Moss Summer Time by Kate Moss Lilabelle Truly Adorable by Kate Moss Vintage Muse by Kate Moss Wild Meadow by Kate Moss Love Blossoms by Kate Moss