Billionaire Boyfriend by Kate Walsh

Njdeb
13.02.2012 - 01:44 AM
Helpful Review
2.5

Stick with your old boyfriend

First of all, I really dislike the name (which, by the way, is BILLIONAIRE Boyfriend - no mere millionaire) and bottle of this perfume. What is this, perfume for gold-diggers? While I appreciated the concept of the original Boyfriend (the scent of a man's fragrance lingering on the skin of his girlfriend), this is just tacky - sort of like Paco Rabanne Lady Million and Juicy Couture had a baby.

Ok, got that off my chest. What really matters is how the perfume smells, isn't it? Well, sorry to say, I'm underwhelmed in that department too. To me this smells like they took the original Boyfriend and topped it off with some generic perfume "soup." Although I found Boyfriend to be a very original smelling perfume in the world of designer scents, this version smells much more ordinary.

Ironically I find the original Boyfriend to smell more high quality and expensive than the hyperbolic Billionaire Boyfriend. This flanker, it seems to me, was designed to appeal to those that may have found the original too dark, musky and, well, "different."

Alas, as is true in today's world of neverending flanker's, I think Billionaire Boyfriend pales in comparison to the original. It is "almost" good. Looking at the notes, this should be something I would love. And it could have been, with higher quality ingredients and a less "play it safe" approach.

My advice? Stay away from this shiny, new, but ultimately shallow Boyfriend. If you really want to smell "rich," stick to the orignal

Latest Reviews

NjdebNjdeb 10 years ago
Nuit de Tubéreuse - L'Artisan Parfumeur

Nuit de Tubéreuse Sheer Tuberose (and more)
I find this to really be more of a multi-floral bouquet than a strictly tuberose scent. I actually get close to as much orange flower here as tuberose. This orange flower component gives the scent a sunny, friendly and approachable feel...

NjdebNjdeb 10 years ago
B (Eau de Parfum) - Boucheron

B (Eau de Parfum) Both modern and classic
Thanks to Awesomeness for her great review that prompted me to try this gem. As she said, this is a very versatile perfume. I think it strikes just the right balance between a modern (and grown-up) fruity floral and a classic floriental....