Mad Potion 2015

Mad Potion by Katy Perry
Bottle Design Lutz Herrmann
Mad Potion is a perfume by Katy Perry for women and was released in 2015. The scent is sweet-synthetic. It is being marketed by Coty.

Top Notes Top NotesAppleApple
White peonyWhite peony
Tahitian vanillaTahitian vanilla
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmineJasmine
Bourbon vanillaBourbon vanilla
Base Notes Base NotesAmberAmber
Mexican vanilla absoluteMexican vanilla absolute
MuskMusk

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 26.03.2021.

Sweet, gentle, spherical, beautiful
I just emptied this beautiful sweetheart and decided to share my feelings towards this fragrance with you. It was on my list because the scent description appealed to me so much. A scent with three different vanillas throughout and a musk that appears in every part of the scent pyramid just sounded too enticing. I got it from my boyfriend alongside a pair of other cuties for Valentine's Day. When it first hit my nose, I was freaking out inside, that's how much it flashed me. Outwardly it was hardly possible, was namely already after 00:00 clock ;)
For me, this scent is hard to describe, but I'll try :) it's sweet!!! it's even very sweet, but not in a typical vanilla cupcake or pink sugar way, but in a playful, squeaky sugary fruity way, but without being sticky or overbearing. You have to make that work!!! The comments here speak rather of the opposite,which is why I had some respect for this perfume,but my nose can't confirm it. Even more,one of the reasons that I could bathe in it is that it doesn't overwhelm me but remains gentle despite all these qualities. It's very young and has an absolutely addictive drydown that adds something appealing to all the sweetness. I imagine the musky thread that runs throughout the pyramid is partly responsible for this. That drydown in the overall tone of the scent reminds me of that base scent at Yves Rocher, at least it used to be. Don't know what it's like now. But it reminds me even more strongly of a Christmas scent I used to own from there, or rather the DNA of it, and I love it to death. Since this scent is so soft and barely lasts, I practically showered in it all the time and finished the 30 ml bottle today. I always wanted to feel more of it. I've often read about spherical scents, but it's only since knowing this perfume that I understand what is meant by it. It's there, all soft...and even when it's very close to me, I can't quite grab it, that underlying, barely describable fragile floral heart that keeps slipping away and blending so perfectly with all that sweetness.... Maybe it's also the harmony with my skin that throws a wrench in my perception. Next time definitely need to get a bigger bottle ;)

Decadent Vanilla Perfect For Winter
Mad Potion is heavy on the boozy vanilla while at the same time wrapped in a clean musk. This is a familiar, comfort fragrance. It's quite pleasant, one I could see myself reaching for often. There is a powder presence, wrapped in clean, white, fresh musk, but really the star of Mad Potion is the strong, almost cloying vanilla. You must enjoy gourmands to wear this one, and I do. I almost sense a chocolate, but it's not listed in the notes, so I'll have to attribute that to the Bourbon Vanilla. Bourbon Vanilla brings a much richer tone to a perfume, and in this case, it works its wonders. Think decadent vanilla, rich, thick and almost overbearing the other notes. After 4 hours, Mad Potion was still hitting the strong mark in sillage and it's longevity is even longer. This should be perfect for crisp weather in the Fall, and definitely watching the snow. I've enjoyed every perfume from this line so far, no complaints.

by Smellie13
by Smellie13

Popular Katy Perry

Indi (Eau de Parfum) by Katy Perry Killer Queen by Katy Perry Meow! (Eau de Parfum) by Katy Perry Indi Visible by Katy Perry Killer Queen's Royal Revolution by Katy Perry Purr (Eau de Parfum) by Katy Perry Killer Queen Oh So Sheer by Katy Perry Killer Queen's Spring Reign by Katy Perry Mad Love by Katy Perry Indi (Fragrance Mist) by Katy Perry Meow! (Solid Perfume) by Katy Perry Purr (Solid Perfume) by Katy Perry