Attar de Roses (2010)

Attar de Roses by Keiko Mecheri
Compare Prices
Attar de Roses is a popular perfume by Keiko Mecheri for women and was released in 2010. The scent is flowery-sweet. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesTaif rose
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergris, Woods, Leather

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 29.05.2017

Sillage 2.5/10 Longevity 5.0/10 Scent 5.0/10
A Whisper
This is a whisper of a scent, close to the skin. It is beautiful but shy. I will douse my clothes in this and report back...

I'm finding that all of the Keiko Mecheri scents are too close to the skin for my liking. No one ever comments on them, no curious cashiers leaning in and asking, "What smells so good?" While some of the Keiko Mecheri scents are lovely, for the money, I'd prefer something with projection... period.
Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 5.0/10 Scent 9.0/10
Rich and Delicate True Rose
Being a rose perfume aficionado I always on a lookout for a new rose scent to add to my collection. Attar de Roses is a beautiful true rose scent that is definitely worthy a full bottle. What I love about this scent is a combination of soft and subtle with sensual and rich. It embodies the rose in full bloom perfectly – its delicate, fragrant petals, rich deep color and a divine smell. It wraps around me like a delicate silk veil so gorgeous and feminine. A perfect selection for a romantic evening or a first date.

The opening of this scent is luscious and rich. Natural, true rose in all its glory. I find there is a little bit more going on in this scent than just straight roses. There is a bit of oriental and sweet feeling to the scent in the first half an hour. However, the sweetness with just a touch of powder is never overwhelming but rather perfectly balanced. As the scent develops, I could smell a bit of ambergris, but on my skin it never goes into animalistic territory, but rather remains floral. I get only hints of leather, but it adds a nice touch to the whole composition. The scent settles to a lovely soft rose scent, which stays close to the skin and lasts about 5-6 hours.

I would definitely recommend this scent to those who are looking for a nice, true rose scent which smells natural, not overpowering and easy to wear. This is a rose scent that I can wear to almost any occasion without being overwhelmed by the diva personality, which so many rose scents have. Overall score 9/10.
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 5.0/10 Scent 7.0/10
Tar
Rose pillow
After the application ATTER DE ROSES shows a quite ambitious zest to be slightly mawkish and really sweet. It takes only few minutes to get a tamed, soft, silky flying rose scent, behind the rose curtain, a shy tea scent is hiding, maybe warm woods are propping the fond flowers.
If I would have a rose pillow, it would have exactly the same scent.
Unfortunately longevity and sillage is a bit weak for my expectations.
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 10.0/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 9.0/10
Carnal Rose
Keiko Mecheri ATTAR DE ROSES is the sort of creation which makes me a believer in the niche/designer distinction. This is simply a gorgeous, velvety, authentic red rose perfume. I defy anyone to find anything even close to this in the designer houses. All of those "rose" perfumes are pale koolaid roses, while this is the real thing. Here the rose is richly dressed with ambergris and the effect is magnificent.

ATTAR DE ROSES opens on what I initially took to be a benzoin note, but as the composition develops the rose becomes thicker and richer with a texture not exactly waxy but still vaguely reminiscent of Guerlain NAHEMA. From looking at the notes, I initially surmised that what I was detecting in the base was ambergris much more than leather.

After acquiring a bottle and becoming much more familiar with this creation, I have concluded that ATTAR DE ROSES is something of an ambergris bomb. Big rose and equally big ambergris. Think Creed FLEURS DE BULGARIE but multiple the ambergris by about five.

This unique, seductive creation is truly gorgeous and a must-sniff for all rose lovers!

Popular Keiko Mecheri

Loukhoum by Keiko Mecheri Loukhoum Eau Poudrée by Keiko Mecheri Datura Blanche by Keiko Mecheri Mihimè by Keiko Mecheri Peau de Pêche by Keiko Mecheri Les Zazous by Keiko Mecheri Hanae by Keiko Mecheri White Petals by Keiko Mecheri Les Merveilles - Cuir Fauve by Keiko Mecheri Umè by Keiko Mecheri Loukhoum Parfum du Soir by Keiko Mecheri Cuir Cordoba by Keiko Mecheri Tarifa by Keiko Mecheri Les Nuits d'Izu by Keiko Mecheri Johana by Keiko Mecheri Musc by Keiko Mecheri Oliban by Keiko Mecheri Crystal d'Ambre by Keiko Mecheri Taormine by Keiko Mecheri A Fleur de Peau by Keiko Mecheri