Bois de Santal

(2004)
Bois de Santal by Keiko Mecheri
Where to buy?
Bois de Santal is a perfume by Keiko Mecheri for women and men and was released in 2004. The scent is woody-flowery. It is still in production.

White sandalwood, Rose, Ambergris, Patchouli, Benzoin siam, Tonka bean absolute

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 10.02.2017

Scent 6.0/10
Helpful Review    2 Awards
Dull Woody
I'm not an expert on sandalwood fumes but this one does not rate highly among the few I've tried. It seemed undistinguished to my nose and did not develop, although the ingredients appeared to be high-quality. It was just dull and tedious, although tenacious. Sorry for the downer review but I gotta call 'em like I see 'em. For sandal fumes that have something going on, try Do San for its harmonious Zen take or SL's Santal Blanc, an under-appreciated fruity sandalwood.
Bottle 10.0/10
Sillage 7.5/10
Longevity 7.5/10
Scent 7.0/10
3 Awards
Benzoin Skin Scent
I'm not one to get all bent out of shape when the name of a perfume seems to be contradicted by its qualities. Plenty of people have complained that Keiko Mecheri BOIS DE SANTAL is deficient in or even devoid of sandalwood. The more interesting question to me is always: how does it smell? Maybe it was misnamed or named misleadingly, but at the end of the day we wear perfumes for their scent, not their names.

BOIS DE SANTAL features a dominant benzoin note to my nose. It's slightly sweet and tinged with a bit of sandalwood and a bit of florality. It's smooth and subtle and light and likely to appeal even to the anti-perfume curmudgeons. Well, at least it should not offend them! Keiko Mecheri uses high-quality materials to produce perfumes which usually do not wear their wearers and are considered too subtle by some. I do not number among them.

I believe that there are times when it is best not to broadcast one's perfume preferences via foghorn. BOIS DE SANTAL is a perfect scent for those occasions when one wishes to wear perfume but without drawing attention to oneself or being personally distracted by the scent which one has chosen to don. This creation is basically the antithesis of an event scent. In fact, I'd say that it is almost a skin scent.

Benzoin appreciation is a prerequisite to appreciation of this understated creation, and if you like benzoin, you're bound to like this.
Bottle 10.0/10
Longevity 2.5/10
Scent 3.0/10
2 Awards
where is the sandalwood?
After I put this on skin I could hardy smell anything. So I whas very dissapointed. I could smell something for the first 5 minutes, a very weak sandalwood bit floral. but then pffffffff gone. For me it is not even a skin scent. Sorry Keiko but this is not word the money. All my perfumes I can still smell the next day, but not this one.

Popular Keiko Mecheri

Loukhoum by Keiko Mecheri Loukhoum Eau Poudrée by Keiko Mecheri Datura Blanche by Keiko Mecheri Mihimè by Keiko Mecheri Peau de Pêche by Keiko Mecheri Les Zazous by Keiko Mecheri Hanae by Keiko Mecheri Les Merveilles - Cuir Fauve by Keiko Mecheri Umè by Keiko Mecheri White Petals by Keiko Mecheri Loukhoum Parfum du Soir by Keiko Mecheri Cuir Cordoba by Keiko Mecheri Les Nuits d'Izu by Keiko Mecheri Tarifa by Keiko Mecheri Crystal d'Ambre by Keiko Mecheri Oliban by Keiko Mecheri Johana by Keiko Mecheri Taormine by Keiko Mecheri Musc by Keiko Mecheri A Fleur de Peau by Keiko Mecheri