Datura Blanche 2007

Datura Blanche by Keiko Mecheri
Datura Blanche is a popular perfume by Keiko Mecheri for women and was released in 2007. The scent is sweet-powdery. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Datura, Indian tuberose, Heliotrope, Bitter almond, Tonka bean, Madagascan vanilla

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 27.03.2020.

pudelbonzo
Something sweet in bitter times
The times are uncertain and filled with fear - which is further emphasized by the prescribed isolation.

Although I am not a party animal, I appreciate the regular contact with my loved ones very much.

But this must now be limited to the telephone or mails - which is reasonable, but not so easy for affectionate natures like mine.

So I sit in my hermitage and think about things - which are often worrying and not exactly exhilarating.

It's ringing. Oh - visit?
No, the nice DHL boy has put a parcel on the doormat.

An early Easter egg of the dear friend.
No, it's not Easter yet - but I have to check if the content arrived safely And I'm curious, too.

Datura Blanche !
And this scent reminds me of my pink angel trumpets, which adorned my terrace in the warmer Rhineland.

Datura blanche sounds as if Cupid himself were blowing a golden love trumpet.

Tenderly powdery and mildly marzipan, the beautiful melody surrounds me.
The sweet sound floats - and envelops me without heaviness.

May this trumpet of angels also blow away all darkness.

Anyway, my thoughts fly gratefully to my girlfriend - and may warm her heart.

My dearest vanilla ...
When it gets uncomfortable and colder outside, most of us prefer warmer and heavier scents again. Although I'm not really a friend of gourmand fragrances, I've been feeling a bit like a sweeter and creamy-warm fragrance lately. I have read many comments here and made a small preselection for myself.

Then I discovered by chance in the net a very favorable offer of Datura Blanche for a bottle with a considerable remainder quantity of 50 ml, researched here and finally struck blind. And it was a direct hit for me:

The start is green-fresh and slightly citric, vanilla still no trace. A bitter, deeper note is added, that could be the bitter almond, but it is not unpleasant for me at all. Only then does the beautiful vanilla make its appearance. This is not obtrusive or penetrating, not too gourmandig or too sweet. It doesn't smell like vanilla pudding or other desserts.

It is a present, very pleasant and unsweet vanilla note and together with the other components (most strongly probably by the tonka bean) gives a wonderful, unmistakable, dark, sensually beautiful scent. The shelf life is at least eight hours, which is very tidy for me. I can do without a room-filling Sillage well, I like it anyway rather very closely. I've been wearing it every day for a few days now and I still like it as much as I did at the beginning of our friendship.

All in all, I have had only positive experiences with all the Mecheri fragrances I have tested so far. Maybe this company suits me because it doesn't have such loud or obtrusive scents ? In any case, Dature Blanche very quickly replaced my favourite vanilla insensee from Atelier Cologne in my favour. Datura Blanche is suitable for everyday use and a great companion in autumn and winter. Whether I will reach for him so often in spring will then become clear.

I am very satisfied with my blind purchase and have noticed that the comments written here give me a good first impression of a fragrance and I am very happy to have found this great vanilla fragrance. Anyone who likes vanilla insensee or prefers the not so sweet variants should definitely try Datura Blanche. It's worth it!
An idea of sweet summer
I'm trying Datura Blanche.
I like it well, it awakens the memory of a cooked vanilla pudding, gently unobtrusive. The way you get home and think about what smells so good. Before you know it!
After some time the tonka bean is added and it gets a little heavier, more depth and creamy.
Then the heavy tuberose is added and passed through. The bitter almond is to be noticed quite weakly, and also only if I look for it. Thank God.
For me a complex fragrance with a friendly atmosphere. Positive radiation throughout.
bitter poison
I dared to bring home a strongly reduced Datura Blanche in a dark blue bottle. I originally gave him a 6.0 rating. The sample that I had a few years ago smelled unexpectedly soapy and bitterly woody. I found it disgusting back then.
However, the resemblance to Hypnotic Poison is emphasized here again and again and I wanted to know it again. Maybe the sample was spoiled?

No, I don't smell hypnotic poison. Neither at the beginning, nor in the middle, nor in the base of the fragrance.
I have a bottle here now and it smells very different.
It smells milky and floral with a kind of tonka vanilla. It is also powdery, but also slightly bitter, like Tonka milk with poison. This is for me the only poison here in the fragrance, something bitter.
For me, Datura Blanche still needs getting used to. In the beginning it smells tangy and bitter, no idea, almost unpleasant chemically, but it doesn't stay that way. It gets milky pretty fast.
I don't want to call it gourmandig directly, because my natural shyness for poisons in the food still lets me back down a bit here. I don't like eating or drinking with this aroma. But even after a good 40 minutes it still has something slightly bitter and poisonous. It is warm Tonka vanilla milk to smell, but also something to be enjoyed with caution.
Later I recognize a part of HP in this fragrance - powdery vanilla. However, no direct association with him seems to me. It is not plausible to me why he should have such similarity according to other noses.
Datura Blanche is well wearable in winter. However, with the warm Tonka milk it also remains a bit bitter in my nose.
As a man I would think that the wearer could be enjoyed with some caution after all. Although it seems to be sweet and drinkable on the surface, it may not be as well tolerated.

Kandor
I wanted to like him so much
For a long time I was wondering if this fragrance would be something for me. I am certainly a perfume addict and so you are always looking for something different. At the moment I am on the gourmet track, but don't want to get stuck.
So I had to get a bottle of Datura Blanche, full of tension I finally sprayed the scent on the back of my hand. A beautiful, delicate scent of blossoms blew around me, but quite quickly an unpleasant, pungent smell drew from the back of my hand. I couldn't categorize it, maybe the jimsonweed I've never smelled before.
I was so disappointed:((( the beginning was very nice. But Parfumo has taught you not to give up so quickly. Fragrances need time, just try a second and third time. And it's true, I don't take a pungent scent anymore, in the beginning the enchanting flower scent, vanilla, almond and tonka bean let Datura become a beautiful creamy warm flower scent, but without the flowers becoming too powerful. I feel the scent harmonious and balanced, unfortunately my daughter also ;( and nu I have no more Datura.
But the dear perfumers can quickly find a remedy, and so another bottling is ordered. If a bottle will move in with me, let's see..
The durability is quite good, holds with me approx. 7 h. The Sillage is manageable and thus I would carry the smell actually always. As with all fragrances, it depends on the dosage.

Grinning
I think, there is a significant difference between joy and gladness. Gladness is when things are going well, I am calm, I enjoy the life and so on. Joy is a much more temperamental and shorter feeling, when e.g. people are laughing while sitting on a roller coaster.
Some perfumes make me glad and I really like to wear them, but DATURA BLANCHE caused me grinning, almost giggling, when I smelled.

I do not know what is datura's fragrance like. Sweet almond, coconut, happy smiles, holiday, being free from care - that is in the bottle - a huge pack gift for me. DATURA BLANCHE is tenacious, and does not let you feel blue. But this is your own joy, you can not share. This fragrance is sticked to the skin like a glue, and is not willing to venture out even 20 cm, so people maybe wonder, what can be so funny on your skin, that you are grinning while you smell it. (I will wear this perfume only at home!)

My beloved tonka bean makes the fragrance more powdery as time is progressing, so the end is more dry, but still sweet. I can see on the right side, that "Users who like Datura Blanche often also like: By Night White by Profumi del Forte" - YES! For sure!

I would recommend this scent only to people who like sweet fragrances for summertime.

I am really grateful for the sample, what I got from a really nice Parfumo-member. I will use it up very soon.

Hypnotic Poison without the Rootbeer and Playdoh (and that's a good thing)
Keiko Mecheri DATURA BLANCHE is a truly scrumptious and voluptuous oriental perfume. I am reminded very much of Dior HYPNOTIC POISON, except that the Playdoh and rootbeer aspects of that perfume are not salient here. I'm afraid that I still do not know what datura smells like--I certainly could not pick it out of a line-up of flowers! Chez Serge, datura was overwhelmed by tuberose; chez Keiko, I'm smelling mainly almonds and heliotrope.

This creation is going to be loved by anyone who loves HYPNOTIC POISON, but also some of those who find that one to be a bit too much. DATURA BLANCHE seems more refined and less pushy to me. But it is definitely a cold weather perfume, as this is a sweet, strong oriental leaning even a bit toward the gourmand side. I'd say that overall DATURA BLANCHE is a nice compromise between the sweetness of the loukhoum trio and some of the other floriental perfumes of this house.

I would love to have a bottle of this creation for wintertime. I'm sure that it would waft beautifully as it heats up on the skin under a sweater. The concentration is definitely eau de parfum, not eau de toilette: this a potent, enticing elixir!

Promising until drydown
Initially a sweet, light and airy floral. I've never smelled a datura flower, but the floral smell I get here reminds me of a combination of ylang ylang and frangipani. I think it's the heliotrpoe that adds the powderiness I also find in this perfume. After a few minutes a nice creamy vanilla aroma emerges to mix with the florals.

Unfortunately, I find the final drydown to be pretty much just vanilla ice cream and powdered sugar. The florals really fade into the background and this becomes a not very original, sweet powdery gourmand scent that I know I have smelled somewhere before (just can't remember what it was).

Another Keiko Mecheri I've tried, Loukhoum Eau Poudre, is also a powdery and foody perfume, but IMO is more interesting and distinctive than Datura Blanche.

by Lasisa
by Lasisa
by MadameLegras
Seltene Sonnensprenkel im Dezember, die Rose hat sogar noch eine Knospe ...
by Turandot
by Turandot
by MsHellfire
by MsHellfire

Popular Keiko Mecheri

Loukhoum Parfum du Soir by Keiko Mecheri Loukhoum by Keiko Mecheri Les Merveilles - Cuir Fauve by Keiko Mecheri Loukhoum Eau Poudrée by Keiko Mecheri Les Zazous by Keiko Mecheri Rebel Hearts by Keiko Mecheri Bois Satin by Keiko Mecheri White Petals by Keiko Mecheri Les Merveilles - Bal de Roses by Keiko Mecheri Oliban by Keiko Mecheri Attar de Roses by Keiko Mecheri Mihimè by Keiko Mecheri Hanae by Keiko Mecheri Isles Lointaines by Keiko Mecheri Les Merveilles - Vetiver Velours by Keiko Mecheri Iris d'Argent by Keiko Mecheri Embruns by Keiko Mecheri Umé by Keiko Mecheri Damascena by Keiko Mecheri Musc by Keiko Mecheri