Isles Lointaines 2011

Isles Lointaines by Keiko Mecheri
Isles Lointaines is a popular perfume by Keiko Mecheri for women and was released in 2011. The scent is floral-sweet. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Citrus notesCitrus notes
Rose absoluteRose absolute
VanillaVanilla
BenzoinBenzoin
MuskMusk

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 12.12.2020.

Far away Island
Divine through and through.

A joyous opening of gardenia, tiare, jasmine and tuberose. Creamier than Pure Poison, this could be her twin sister. It is bright in a warm but fresh way, the jasmine providing enough balance, with its delicate, just about soapy soul.

I get the comparison with a "riviera vibe", and can see myself wearing this on summer evenings, while promenading on a marina, ice cone in hand, flowy light dress and flat sandals on. It is dreamy, sitting rather close to the skin, which is great, as this should be a guilty pleasure to enjoy quietly with a smile, like a private joke. Can yet be perceived by someone near us, which makes this fragrance the perfect seduction ally.

My hubby loves it, so this is a keeper for me. It reminds me of Labello chapstick, only way more sophisticated a version of it.
Absolutely angelic, gets a nice 7/10 from me.

Pure Poison without the Poison
Dior PURE POISON is a beautiful perfume, but it bears within it all the poisonous power of its namesake and is in fact very difficult for me to wear without enduring a headache. Must I therefore deny myself the experience of its glorious resinous jasmine? Not anymore.

Keiko Mecheri ISLES LOINTAINES smells every bit as beautiful as PURE POISON to my nose, and very similar compositionally. What's missing? The poison--whatever it is in the Dior which induces in me an acute headache if I apply one nanodrop too much.

My previous alternative to PURE POISON was Jesus del Pozo IN WHITE, which always seemed to be the most similar to the Dior creation, except that it smelled just a bit dingy, and so did not quite capture the laser-like limpidity of PURE POISON. ISLES LOINTAINES, in contrast, manages to convey that same degree of clarity for me and simply oozes sumptuousness.

I had been thinking that ISLES LOINTAINES came in the newer, clear bottle, not the traditional dark one. I suppose that I was associating the quality of the composition with the properties of the vessel in which it should be housed, logically speaking. Well, that's okay, since I wouldn't mind having another one of these bottles, even if I believe that the liquid inside would better match the clear one instead.

Will you like this perfume? If you like PURE POISON, I am confident that you will. If you dislike PURE POISON, for the reasons that make it a difficult wear for me, then ISLES LOINTAINES may, too, work for you. However, if you are a jasmine phobe, this is not the perfume for you. No indoles here, but lots of flaming white jasmine, among other big white flowers...

by SvetlanaG
by SvetlanaG
by Allein
by Allein
by Gwiazdka72
by Gwiazdka72

Popular Keiko Mecheri

Loukhoum by Keiko Mecheri Loukhoum Parfum du Soir by Keiko Mecheri Loukhoum Eau Poudrée by Keiko Mecheri Les Merveilles - Cuir Fauve by Keiko Mecheri Les Zazous by Keiko Mecheri Datura Blanche by Keiko Mecheri Bois Satin by Keiko Mecheri Rebel Hearts by Keiko Mecheri Les Merveilles - Bal de Roses by Keiko Mecheri White Petals by Keiko Mecheri Les Merveilles - Vetiver Velours by Keiko Mecheri Attar de Roses by Keiko Mecheri Hanae by Keiko Mecheri Oliban by Keiko Mecheri Les Merveilles - Soussanne by Keiko Mecheri Les Merveilles - Precious Forest by Keiko Mecheri Umé by Keiko Mecheri Embruns by Keiko Mecheri Iris d'Argent by Keiko Mecheri Mihimè by Keiko Mecheri