Isles Lointaines (2011)

Isles Lointaines by Keiko Mecheri

Isles Lointaines is a popular perfume by Keiko Mecheri for women and was released in 2011. The scent is floral-sweet. It is still in production.

Citric notes, Almond, Gardenia, Tiaré, Tuberose, Jasmine, Rose absolute, Vanilla, Benzoin, Musk

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 28.01.2019

10.0 7.5 7.5 8.0/10

Pure Poison without the Poison
Dior PURE POISON is a beautiful perfume, but it bears within it all the poisonous power of its namesake and is in fact very difficult for me to wear without enduring a headache. Must I therefore deny myself the experience of its glorious resinous jasmine? Not anymore.

Keiko Mecheri ISLES LOINTAINES smells every bit as beautiful as PURE POISON to my nose, and very similar compositionally. What's missing? The poison--whatever it is in the Dior which induces in me an acute headache if I apply one nanodrop too much.

My previous alternative to PURE POISON was Jesus del Pozo IN WHITE, which always seemed to be the most similar to the Dior creation, except that it smelled just a bit dingy, and so did not quite capture the laser-like limpidity of PURE POISON. ISLES LOINTAINES, in contrast, manages to convey that same degree of clarity for me and simply oozes sumptuousness.

I had been thinking that ISLES LOINTAINES came in the newer, clear bottle, not the traditional dark one. I suppose that I was associating the quality of the composition with the properties of the vessel in which it should be housed, logically speaking. Well, that's okay, since I wouldn't mind having another one of these bottles, even if I believe that the liquid inside would better match the clear one instead.

Will you like this perfume? If you like PURE POISON, I am confident that you will. If you dislike PURE POISON, for the reasons that make it a difficult wear for me, then ISLES LOINTAINES may, too, work for you. However, if you are a jasmine phobe, this is not the perfume for you. No indoles here, but lots of flaming white jasmine, among other big white flowers...

by SvetlanaG
by SvetlanaG
by Allein
by Allein
by Gwiazdka72
by Gwiazdka72

Popular Keiko Mecheri

Loukhoum by Keiko Mecheri Loukhoum Eau Poudrée by Keiko Mecheri Datura Blanche by Keiko Mecheri Mihimè by Keiko Mecheri Peau de Pêche by Keiko Mecheri Les Zazous by Keiko Mecheri Hanae by Keiko Mecheri White Petals by Keiko Mecheri Les Merveilles - Cuir Fauve by Keiko Mecheri Umé by Keiko Mecheri Loukhoum Parfum du Soir by Keiko Mecheri Les Nuits d'Izu by Keiko Mecheri Tarifa by Keiko Mecheri Cuir Cordoba by Keiko Mecheri Bois Satin by Keiko Mecheri Johana by Keiko Mecheri Isles Lointaines by Keiko Mecheri A Fleur de Peau by Keiko Mecheri Oliban by Keiko Mecheri Taormine by Keiko Mecheri