Les Merveilles - Canyon Dreams 2012

Les Merveilles - Canyon Dreams by Keiko Mecheri
Les Merveilles - Canyon Dreams is a popular perfume by Keiko Mecheri for women and was released in 2012. The scent is woody-spicy. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Mandarin orangeMandarin orange
BergamotBergamot
RoseRose
JasmineJasmine
WoodsWoods
PatchouliPatchouli
VanillaVanilla

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 25.11.2021.

Initially part of the "Bespoke Collection", this scent was inducted into the "Les Merveilles" range in 2016.

Heady Rich Dark Fizzy Pop Dreams of Fame
Canyon Dreams is bold and substantial. Opulent Oud mingles with a dried mandarin rind note into a golden maple syrup and toasted almond covered antique rose. This is not overly sweet or cloying, but it is no light weight Spring fling, either. It last all day and night on my skin and though it isn't leaving a vapor trail 6 feet long, it is also noticeable to the person sitting next to you on the train, the plane or in the club. Personally, I would wear this in Autumn and Winter and while I think it is gorgeous, it doesn't whisper devious thoughts in my ear late at night. It has a bit of a cola fizz and flavor that is really not my thing but fortunately that is well-balanced with the beautiful powdery rose and sandalwood notes. This scent was made for the Theatre, the Ballet, Broadway lights, and yet it has something Shalimar-esque about it that tells me, the right Man or Women could wear as a bold daytime statement- but you better be ready to bring the heat- or call for back up- or walk the talk...if you show up at 8:30 am to the board room in this one, because heads will already be turning- lights, camera, Hello...You're On the Air !

Rich and Spicy Floriental
Another rich, substantial, perfume-like eau de parfum, CANYON DREAMS, from the Keiko Mecheri Bespoke collection, is a rather spicy woody floriental composition with a lot of oomph. This is one of those perfumes where I am constantly aware that I am wearing it, as wafts continue to emanate from my skin for hours after having put even a small amount on. From the notes, I have no idea what is making this perfume seem spicy to my nose: sandalwood, almond, patchouli, bergamot, mandarin orange, rose and agarwood (oud). That sounds pretty tame to me. Is it just that these elements are combined in richer concentration than usual? Or are there some mystery notes, as well?

As I have come to expect from Keiko Mecheri, the ingredients seem top notch. This is yet another excellent example of why people turn to niche perfumery. Super high quality. Whether or not you like one of the particular perfumes in the Bespoke collection will turn only on your feelings about the notes, not the materials. CANYON DREAMS is, again, really quite spicy, so it's not going to appeal to everyone, and I do believe that it is more feminine than masculine, notwithstanding the name, which to me at least sounds more masculine than feminine. (It also reminds me of the name of one of Andy Tauer's perfumes, LONESTAR MEMORIES, although that composition is very different...)

CANYON DREAMS seems to me like a great wintertime perfume, and I'm happy to have purchased the Bespoke coffret so that I can wear this again once the weather has cooled off. There is a lot of complexity here, with many different layers emerging and developing in interesting ways over the course of a wear. For that reason, I find it somewhat indescribable! (-;

by EstherHebe
by EstherHebe

Popular Keiko Mecheri

Loukhoum Parfum du Soir by Keiko Mecheri Les Merveilles - Cuir Fauve by Keiko Mecheri Loukhoum by Keiko Mecheri Loukhoum Eau Poudrée by Keiko Mecheri Les Zazous by Keiko Mecheri Datura Blanche by Keiko Mecheri Bois Satin by Keiko Mecheri Rebel Hearts by Keiko Mecheri Les Merveilles - Bal de Roses by Keiko Mecheri White Petals by Keiko Mecheri Attar de Roses by Keiko Mecheri Les Merveilles - Vetiver Velours by Keiko Mecheri Isles Lointaines by Keiko Mecheri Umé by Keiko Mecheri Hanae by Keiko Mecheri Les Merveilles - Soussanne by Keiko Mecheri Johana by Keiko Mecheri Les Merveilles - Precious Forest by Keiko Mecheri Oliban by Keiko Mecheri Embruns by Keiko Mecheri