Les Merveilles - Soussanne (2012)

Les Merveilles - Soussanne by Keiko Mecheri
Compare Prices
Les Merveilles - Soussanne (Keiko Mecheri)
Les Merveilles - Soussanne is a popular perfume by Keiko Mecheri for women and was released in 2012. The scent is flowery-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Citric notes, White lily, Rose, Tuberose, Saffron, Gourmand notes, Amber notes, Crystal musk

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 20.12.2016

Initially part of the "Bespoke Collection", this scent was inducted into the "Les Merveilles" range in 2016.

Bottle 7.5/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 2.0/10
Moroccan Argon Oil Shampoo in Fragrance Form
If you love the smell of the Moroccanoil Argan Oil Hair Care line and you want to smell like this all day and night. Soussanne is the perfect layering agent. This is a slightly powdery white floral woody musk with a little something extra going on that give it a complex balmy feeling, To my nose it also smells kind of freshly showered and smoothly groomed without any harsh soapiness. But it is filled with that lily and datura floral arrangement and the base brings enough oud to add an oily sensual trail behind the florals. I think this makes an excellent day into evening uncommon signature scent for a woman and I believe it will take the right woman through Fall, Winter, Spring- I am not sure I would want to be sporting this one in the think humid heat of the Summer, but again it has something kind of clean and white flowery about it, that might just work for a sensual evening scent in the Summertime as well.
Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 7.0/10
Sweet and Spicy Sandalwood Floriental--may contain cat pheromones...
In keeping with the characteristic style of the house of Keiko Mecheri, SOUSSANNE is a very smooth and relatively subtle floriental perfume. The longevity is good and the sillage bigger than expected. The sweetness, too, is undeniable, making this a perfume much more likely to be worn by ladies than by gents. I would not actually classify this one as unisex, and the name, too, suggests that it is not.

I recently tested the perfumes of Linari, some of which are in a style similar to this one, but I think that SOUSSANNE is better than those. Still, there is a familiar feeling to the blend, and the opening stages really remind me of the sandalwood vanilla designer floriental genre. The difference is that the materials here are beyond reproach, and this creation does not smell like any specific iconic perfume familiar to me.

Things begin to diverge as time progresses, and the drydown, which I detected only fully the morning after, on my cat's fur, has a spiciness which to my nose is reminiscent of The Different Company ROSE POIVREE. However, in this case it is pleasant. Since I've now brought HRH Emperor Oliver into this review, I may as well report that he seems to like SOUSSANNE quite a lot and became very frisky and affectionate when he first caught a whiff of me wearing this perfume.

I do not detect much in the way of oud in this composition except in the middle stages. The florals are tightly woven together so that I would not immediately identify either rose or lily in this perfume, though I am confident that they are both there--especially since SOUSSANNE is said to be "bespoke"! The concentration seems closer to parfum than eau de parfum, it seems to me. Overall, this strikes me as a fine floriental perfume which is probably best suited for wintertime, although I would not say that it is cloying or overly dense. Very Mecheri-esque, it seems to me.

The Emperor gives this perfume two enthusiastic paws up!

Popular Keiko Mecheri

Loukhoum by Keiko Mecheri Loukhoum Eau Poudrée by Keiko Mecheri Datura Blanche by Keiko Mecheri Mihimè by Keiko Mecheri Peau de Pêche by Keiko Mecheri Les Zazous by Keiko Mecheri Hanae by Keiko Mecheri White Petals by Keiko Mecheri Les Merveilles - Cuir Fauve by Keiko Mecheri Umè by Keiko Mecheri Loukhoum Parfum du Soir by Keiko Mecheri Cuir Cordoba by Keiko Mecheri Tarifa by Keiko Mecheri Les Nuits d'Izu by Keiko Mecheri Johana by Keiko Mecheri Musc by Keiko Mecheri Oliban by Keiko Mecheri Crystal d'Ambre by Keiko Mecheri Taormine by Keiko Mecheri A Fleur de Peau by Keiko Mecheri