Loukhoum by Keiko Mecheri

Loukhoum is a popular perfume by Keiko Mecheri for women and was released in 1998. The scent is sweet-gourmand. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Hawthorn, Bulgarian rose, Comorian vanilla, Precious woods

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 06.10.2019

Lexa243
Two sides of the same coin
Recently I was allowed to test a small filling of this fragrance. The first impression was: sweet, almond, warm and cuddly. Christmas time in the house Lexa, the biscuits bake in the oven, the hands are dusted with flour, it runs Christmas music... Unfortunately I seem to have forgotten the time in this cuddly bubble, do I smell burnt cookies? Something unpleasantly stinging develops on my skin and I just want to wash off this scent, although it started so promising! I left the little sample to my mother, who also likes to try out scents. A few days later I'm with her, when I come in I smell rice pudding with plums and cinnamon and I'm already looking forward until I notice that she smells so wonderful herself. It's the same scent and it's just delicious to eat on it. It's a shame those grades didn't develop with me. Then I must go now probably more often times at my mummy schnuppern :)
10.0 8.0 9.0 10.0/10

Marzipan Almond Childhood Dream fragrance
This is my first comment about a fragrance that I have become completely addicted to. Loukhoum was a blind gift, never sniffed the scent before, only the description and the many great comments to this scent, led me to wish me this scent.
It was not love on the first Riecher, the enormous sweetness against one strikes, frightened me nevertheless only a little, but again and again my nose went to the wrist.
I can't say what hawthorn smells like, I actually perceive marzipan on delicious almonds, (which I also like to eat) that alone is a beguiling scent, later the scent becomes softer for me, what I attribute to the rose and vanilla
Woods creep in and do not let the scent sink into sticky sweetness.
I don't use this great scent every day, but not because I don't want to smell it every day, but because I'm worried it won't be so great anymore! Every time I use it, I close my eyes, take a deep breath and remember how my mother made marzipan balls herself, catch me up and let me dream!
I hope that this love of fragrance will last for a long time!!:))
The durability is with me with approx. 10 hrs
10.0 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

JetonToni
The king almond rests on a bed of powdery illusion and sweetly sinful dream world.
Today I'm writing about Keiko Mecheri and the noblest, most powdery and almondliest scent I ever had: Today it's about Loukhoum......

Until a few weeks ago my favourite among the powdery sweet almond scents, the Guerlainduft L´instant Magic was my favourite for years. It smelled neat, slightly creamy, noble, sweet and almond. My favorite.

A few days ago a lady on the internet sold the Keiko Mecheri Loukhoum for 80€ 50ml. I didn't know the scent yet, but it was always called the almond scent par excellence. And since I love and appreciate almonds very much (but only in scents, I don't like to eat them), I dared to buy them blind and wasn't disappointed.

The bottle is very noble, bulbous and of a deep red or depending on the incidence of light, almost black and purple Reminds me a little of the poison apples. High quality and heavy in the hand.

As always I let a droplet trickle on my wrist and as always only for you. You should also have something of it or, for those who don't know the scent, imagine more of the scent under it.
Zzzzzziiiiiiiiissssshhhhh :)

First, I smell almonds, sweet melon-sized almonds. Almost a bit too much of the good and Heliotrope. The two notes are the most dominant of all for some time. If the Flower by Kenzo is the Eau de Toilette, then Loukhoum is the Extrait with enormous Sillage of an even more highly concentrated high turned Kenzo Jungle :) but in hardcore strength. Extremely strong, but Angel is a pale face :).

After 2 hours I smell some caraway with gaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnzzzzzzz a lot of powder that you think you're suffocating :). The fragrance becomes sweeter and you can recognize honey and loukhoum as the name suggests. I love to eat the Lokums´s with rose taste or nut.

Loukhoum really smells like the sweet food from Turkey from this time on. Like when you stick your nose into the box that is just so full of powder and surrounded by sweet Lokum (right pronunciation).
I also mean to recognize a slightly floral note (rose ?) that makes this association of real rose locus come true here.

Only many hours later does a vanilla, somewhat wooden note come along. But all in all, the fragrance remains the same as it is known from the heart note. From time to time, however, the almond note appears from time to time. The fragrance is further refined or grounded by the base note.

When I smell Loukhoum, I think of Jennifer Lopez´s Song "Secretly". The song and the scent are very similar. Gentle, but very strong at the same time. Flattering but intense. Feelings, time stands still. You feel as if you are embedded on a white cocoon, protected, soothed but also brought to life with new energy.

Loukhoum is so intense that I think I suffocate on the ground powder and have to sneeze (of course only imaginary). Much too much, but that's what this "powder beast" is all about. A quiet little nib would not do justice to this fragrance and that is already evident from the beautiful round apple bottle. You're expecting wumms here! And get it! Almost too much for some to be on the verge of surrendering. Even for me the scent is still a few tines too much and that although I am a wummskönig the many harder caliber tolerates.

You wear Loukhoum when it's snow-white outside. Snow-white would also be the right expression for the fragrance, because Loukhoum is snow-white, but not a few centimetres but metres of snow. When it's sub-zero outside, Loukhoum can comfort you by warming you up and guiding you into beautiful dreams.

If one uses only a small breath of it, it could also be interesting as a sleeping scent. Powder, almonds, cozy vanilla, sinfully sweet Lokum´s and the peaceful aura would allow you to fall asleep like a baby.

As far as sillage and durability are concerned, it is worthy of a stomping mighty elephant. On the skin and after umpteen times hand washing it lasted about 16 hours. At the beginning of hand washing it seemed to me that Loukhoum was brought to life even more intensively by the water. That none of my scents (from my versatile high-quality collection) has managed to smell intensively through water until today. Loukhoum is the first and an exception.

Very strong and enchanting, Loukhoum is the mother of all powdery fragrances, born from an idea to allow the soul to dangle, like an intense caressing caressing, with economical use in fact a tool that gives you beautiful dreams. One then floats on a cloud with Loukhoum and escapes the bitter reality at least for a while.

Pink glasses on, fragrance inhale and one floats only so there in a pleasantly powdery cloud from finest notes which the predicate: "Dream fragrance to escape the bitter reality" should have capitalized here. And don't we even want to escape reality? In an illusion of an unreal but beautiful
Illusion to entrench us, let the stress go away? Forget everything around us? If so, then you have found a dream fragrance that is a dream fragrance in the truest sense of the word.
10.0/10

Very Very Good
Addictive rose candy, sticky and overwhelmingly sweet, just like the confection it is named after. I believe this scent is the best example of Turkish Delight scents out there. It has monster sillage and can be a little too much, but the combination of almond and rose with the sticky sweetness is completely addictive. It is powdery in the sense of powdered sugar, not like talcum powder.

I love all loukhoum scents (Lutens, Ava Luxe, Montale) as well as the other Mecheri Loukhoums (Soir, Poudree) but the original is still the most satisfying. If it is too sweet and potent for you, Guerlain's Le Plus Beau Jour de Ma Vie is a good alternative: there is no rose in it and the sugared almond note is toned way down.

Still, this Loukhoum is a beautiful example of what a perfume is supposed to be in my opinion: original, overwhelming, vintage. I have the old pink bottle with the white top and I just love the overall presentation and the scent.
8.0/10

The One that Almost Got Away
It was new year's day 2013 and I decided to blind buy this perfume. I know what you all must be thinking, but I had a coupon! My excuse and I'm sticking to it. (Min New York btw, got it for only $82!). Anyways, when it finally arrived in it's adorable pink bubble gum looking bottle I sprayed away...and just didn't know what to do. The bottle looked so cute, the notes looked just right, but that baby powder syrup was making me just cringgeee.
I actually put it up for swap.
Although when I was talking to a friend about why I wanted to trade it away, I gave loukhoum a second chance and it clicked.
Loukhoum is a super almond powder scented with what smells like cherry syrup, roses, and honey. It's dribbly ooey gooey sweet but so super powdery. Whatever it was that I imagined it smelling like when I bought it really didn't match my expectations at all. Even though loukhoum wasn't what I was expecting it was still great!
Loukhoum lasts forever, the silage is thick. If you want heavy, heavy powder with some intense syrup honey loukhoum style sweetness, you will not have to look another place!
Later on I tried loukhoum eau poudree and ironically that smelt a lot more like what I was expecting this one to smell like. If you haven't smelt loukhoum by kieko before and you are mentally comparing it to be like white musk libertine by the body shop, forgetta about it!! This is 10x heavier I promise.
Intense, rich, powder, loukhoum, syrup, are all things I would tag this fragrance with.
Side note, I hate the bottle change. I think it looks like batman tripping on acid.
7.5 7.5 5.0 7.0/10

Delicious, but Not A Summer Scent
Something in this is not sitting right with me today. I have tested my sample in several different environments- it is typically cozy powdery, sweet and nutty during the cold winter months and early spring. This is a mother's kiss a lover's hug during those chilly months. Its beautiful powdery musky base is soothing and its edible nutty sweetness is delectable when it mingles with cool air, dried leaves and smoky fireplaces in Autumn. There is a creamy aspect courtesy of hawthorne that stimulates the same response as a down feather comforter, a cashmere sweater or a puppy's ear against your nose. Irresistible in Winter! However, in Summer, I do not recommend this one, it has become a bit too cloying, a little aggravating and not nearly carefree enough for hot sultry nights for sure, I will test it again when the weather cools. At the moment though, it feels as if I bathed in cotton candy and almond nougat and now I stand alone, with a tummy ache staring at the sticky fake amusement park covered with melted candy which is closed for the evening cleaning crew.

Soft Pink loukhoum
Beautiful! The composition is Perfectly blended. I would recommend this for those who love gourmand powdery type fragrance. Its powdery yes, sweet, soft and ultimately snuggly. Its like candied roses, sugared almonds while the vanilla softly brings them together. But it is more than this, there is a whisper of insence, which i think is the woody & hawthorn notes. I just adore this very much, i cant help but think of the colour "Pink", just like the bottle.

by Astraea
by Gwiazdka72
by AnnaBar
by AnnaBar

Popular Keiko Mecheri

Loukhoum by Keiko Mecheri Loukhoum Eau Poudrée by Keiko Mecheri Datura Blanche by Keiko Mecheri Mihimè by Keiko Mecheri Peau de Pêche by Keiko Mecheri Les Zazous by Keiko Mecheri Hanae by Keiko Mecheri White Petals by Keiko Mecheri Les Merveilles - Cuir Fauve by Keiko Mecheri Loukhoum Parfum du Soir by Keiko Mecheri Umé by Keiko Mecheri Les Nuits d'Izu by Keiko Mecheri Tarifa by Keiko Mecheri Cuir Cordoba by Keiko Mecheri Bois Satin by Keiko Mecheri Johana by Keiko Mecheri Isles Lointaines by Keiko Mecheri A Fleur de Peau by Keiko Mecheri Oliban by Keiko Mecheri Taormine by Keiko Mecheri