Loukhoum by Keiko Mecheri
Loukhoum (Keiko Mecheri)

Loukhoum is a popular perfume by Keiko Mecheri for women and was released in 1998. The scent is sweet-gourmand. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Hawthorn, Bulgarian rose, Comorian vanilla, Precious woods

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 28.09.2018

Scent 10.0/10
Very Very Good
Addictive rose candy, sticky and overwhelmingly sweet, just like the confection it is named after. I believe this scent is the best example of Turkish Delight scents out there. It has monster sillage and can be a little too much, but the combination of almond and rose with the sticky sweetness is completely addictive. It is powdery in the sense of powdered sugar, not like talcum powder.

I love all loukhoum scents (Lutens, Ava Luxe, Montale) as well as the other Mecheri Loukhoums (Soir, Poudree) but the original is still the most satisfying. If it is too sweet and potent for you, Guerlain's Le Plus Beau Jour de Ma Vie is a good alternative: there is no rose in it and the sugared almond note is toned way down.

Still, this Loukhoum is a beautiful example of what a perfume is supposed to be in my opinion: original, overwhelming, vintage. I have the old pink bottle with the white top and I just love the overall presentation and the scent.
Scent 8.0/10
The One that Almost Got Away
It was new year's day 2013 and I decided to blind buy this perfume. I know what you all must be thinking, but I had a coupon! My excuse and I'm sticking to it. (Min New York btw, got it for only $82!). Anyways, when it finally arrived in it's adorable pink bubble gum looking bottle I sprayed away...and just didn't know what to do. The bottle looked so cute, the notes looked just right, but that baby powder syrup was making me just cringgeee.
I actually put it up for swap.
Although when I was talking to a friend about why I wanted to trade it away, I gave loukhoum a second chance and it clicked.
Loukhoum is a super almond powder scented with what smells like cherry syrup, roses, and honey. It's dribbly ooey gooey sweet but so super powdery. Whatever it was that I imagined it smelling like when I bought it really didn't match my expectations at all. Even though loukhoum wasn't what I was expecting it was still great!
Loukhoum lasts forever, the silage is thick. If you want heavy, heavy powder with some intense syrup honey loukhoum style sweetness, you will not have to look another place!
Later on I tried loukhoum eau poudree and ironically that smelt a lot more like what I was expecting this one to smell like. If you haven't smelt loukhoum by kieko before and you are mentally comparing it to be like white musk libertine by the body shop, forgetta about it!! This is 10x heavier I promise.
Intense, rich, powder, loukhoum, syrup, are all things I would tag this fragrance with.
Side note, I hate the bottle change. I think it looks like batman tripping on acid.
Bottle 7.5/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 5.0/10 Scent 7.0/10
Delicious, but Not A Summer Scent
Something in this is not sitting right with me today. I have tested my sample in several different environments- it is typically cozy powdery, sweet and nutty during the cold winter months and early spring. This is a mother's kiss a lover's hug during those chilly months. Its beautiful powdery musky base is soothing and its edible nutty sweetness is delectable when it mingles with cool air, dried leaves and smoky fireplaces in Autumn. There is a creamy aspect courtesy of hawthorne that stimulates the same response as a down feather comforter, a cashmere sweater or a puppy's ear against your nose. Irresistible in Winter! However, in Summer, I do not recommend this one, it has become a bit too cloying, a little aggravating and not nearly carefree enough for hot sultry nights for sure, I will test it again when the weather cools. At the moment though, it feels as if I bathed in cotton candy and almond nougat and now I stand alone, with a tummy ache staring at the sticky fake amusement park covered with melted candy which is closed for the evening cleaning crew.
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 10.0/10 Longevity 10.0/10
Soft Pink loukhoum
Beautiful! The composition is Perfectly blended. I would recommend this for those who love gourmand powdery type fragrance. Its powdery yes, sweet, soft and ultimately snuggly. Its like candied roses, sugared almonds while the vanilla softly brings them together. But it is more than this, there is a whisper of insence, which i think is the woody & hawthorn notes. I just adore this very much, i cant help but think of the colour "Pink", just like the bottle.

• by Astraea by Astraea
  • by Orientpoison by Orientpoison
  • by Friedaherz by Friedaherz
  • by Friedaherz by Friedaherz

Popular Keiko Mecheri

Loukhoum by Keiko Mecheri Loukhoum Eau Poudrée by Keiko Mecheri Datura Blanche by Keiko Mecheri Mihimè by Keiko Mecheri Les Zazous by Keiko Mecheri Peau de Pêche by Keiko Mecheri Hanae by Keiko Mecheri White Petals by Keiko Mecheri Les Merveilles - Cuir Fauve by Keiko Mecheri Umé by Keiko Mecheri Loukhoum Parfum du Soir by Keiko Mecheri Les Nuits d'Izu by Keiko Mecheri Cuir Cordoba by Keiko Mecheri Tarifa by Keiko Mecheri Bois Satin by Keiko Mecheri Johana by Keiko Mecheri Oliban by Keiko Mecheri Isles Lointaines by Keiko Mecheri Musc by Keiko Mecheri Crystal d'Ambre by Keiko Mecheri