Loukhoum Eau Poudrée (2007)

Loukhoum Eau Poudrée by Keiko Mecheri
Compare Prices
Loukhoum Eau Poudrée is a popular perfume by Keiko Mecheri for women and was released in 2007. The scent is powdery-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

White rose, Iris powder, Violet leaf, Narcissus, Dragée, Madagascan vanilla, Crystal musk

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 01.05.2017

Scent 6.0/10
a classy powdery gourmand
Reviewing this again after wearing it over the course of nearly two years, I would say that I'm still happy to have it. Although the initial infatuation I had has calmed down, it has survived the numerous purges others in my early foray into the world of perfumes did not. With a mega sillage and longevity, a few sprays in the morning keep me in a pastel pink cloud of sugared almonds and musk all day without ever waning. As far as gourmands go, this one has class, which the likes of Pink Sugar and its siblings do not, as much as I do enjoy wearing PS Sensual on occasion. In terms of "social standing" this would be in the same tier as Guerlain's L'instant for me, but Loukhoum Eau Poudree just offers a little more warmth than L'instant. Think of silk versus a cozy cashmere blanket, with Loukhoum Eau Poudree being the cashmere. As my nose becomes more familiar at picking out notes, I am now aware of the orris root being more obvious, like in Tauer's Pentachords White where it stands out beautifully. The powder is almost palpable in this, exploding from the powder in each spray that my nose almost instinctively wants to develop allergies. I enjoy my days wearing this and so do the people around me. On a last note, I think the older pink bottle suits its character more than the current deep red-purple bottle.
Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 8.0/10
White Powder Dusted Doughnuts
Not being the world's biggest fan of gourmand fragrances, it wasn't at all obvious that I'd fall for the Keiko Mecheri Loukhoum perfumes, but I did. I had ordered the large and luxurious sample set from this house, featuring a beautiful display of many (~30?) seriously generous spray vials--2.5 mls each! While I was at it, I decided to also try the Loukhoum trio, having heard that it was considered a "cult" favorite of the house.

All of this happened long before my recent disenchantment with niche house sample sets. Thank goodness the Keiko Mecheri line is excellent, so I did not make a mistake in this case. Since then, I've found that the new multi-launcher houses are not generally speaking producing very good perfumes. This house is an exception to the rule, perhaps because it was established long before the niche bubble which is currently expanding at a rate sure to ensure explosion any day...

I loved all three of the Loukhoums, but I could not justify buying all three given that it's not that often that I find myself in the mood or in the right circumstance to wear this kind of composition. I finally settled on the EAU POUDREE, because I appreciate its extra white powdery quality. Loukhoum or Turkish delight perfumes are obviously sweet, but this one is not overly so. There's no real danger of a diabetic coma or anything of the sort. We are nowhere near By Kilian LOVE or MOR LYCHEE FLOWER territory. No need to brew a triple expresso before donning this perfume.

Instead, LOUKHOUM EAU POUDREE offers a balanced blend of floral notes along with the divinity-like candied almond note. In wafts, I smell a kind of doughnut shop vibe. But there is also an alkaloid powder vibe, which is why in my first review of this fragrance I likened the scent to snorting cocaine in a Winchell's doughnut shop. That remains my impression still today, two years after my initial test, and I am now happily in possession of a beautiful full bottle. I like this scent quite a lot and do admit to finding it rather addictive.
Scent 6.0/10
A treat for powdery gourmand lovers
Starts out strongly like baby powder and almonds (a sweet cherried almond, like in the original Jergens Lotion). As it evolves, I pick up a sweet vanilla creaminess that seems to me sort of tropical (pineapple or coconut maybe?). Dust this confection with lightly sugared violet and rose petals, and you get Loukhoum Eau Poudre.

As I have a hard time with the combination of powder and almond, I don't think this scent is for me. If these notes appeal to you, though, this is a very well done soft, powdery, not too sweet gourmand that you would probably love. Sillage and longevity are very good.

Popular Keiko Mecheri

Loukhoum by Keiko Mecheri Loukhoum Eau Poudrée by Keiko Mecheri Datura Blanche by Keiko Mecheri Mihimè by Keiko Mecheri Peau de Pêche by Keiko Mecheri Les Zazous by Keiko Mecheri Hanae by Keiko Mecheri White Petals by Keiko Mecheri Les Merveilles - Cuir Fauve by Keiko Mecheri Umè by Keiko Mecheri Loukhoum Parfum du Soir by Keiko Mecheri Cuir Cordoba by Keiko Mecheri Tarifa by Keiko Mecheri Les Nuits d'Izu by Keiko Mecheri Johana by Keiko Mecheri Oliban by Keiko Mecheri Musc by Keiko Mecheri Crystal d'Ambre by Keiko Mecheri Taormine by Keiko Mecheri A Fleur de Peau by Keiko Mecheri