Peau de Pêche (2003)

Peau de Pêche by Keiko Mecheri

Peau de Pêche is a perfume by Keiko Mecheri for women and was released in 2003. The scent is fruity-powdery. It is still in production.

Japanese white peach, Iris powder, Sandalwood, Musk

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 28.03.2019

7.0 7.0 7.0 9.5/10

Pure peach
This perfume just smells like peach. And that's exactly what I smell personally and hardly anything else. That's really admirable. At the beginning I found it a bit too one-dimensional, but actually it is exactly what I want when I want a pure peach scent; without cream, without sugar. The price is of course quite steep. But I just need this thoroughbred peach in my collection :-)
7.5 5.0 10.0 10.0/10

The Skin of the Peach
Just to be clear, the name refers to the skin of the peach, not the juicy flesh itself. I think this is what prevents this fragrance for becoming too sickly sweet. I must admit (again!) that I blind bought this is a peach induced frenzy. As soon as it arrived I sprayed it on and my initial reaction was OMG, this makes me weak in the knees! It is so good. For me it's the crystal musk combined with the peach skin- that is fuzzy rather than sweet and the white fleshy fruit that is fragrant but not sugary that keeps me seduced. In between the top and the base is my favorite note Iris! Yay! And it's a beauty of an iris not carroty, not to earthy just delightful. This is my signature scent at certain times of the year and when it is right, I can't get enough. This fragrance last for three days straight and a week on my clothes, but always at a moderate and tolerable sillage, never over bearing, it is both beautiful, comfortable, musky delicious and sensual to me. It gets better IMO, on my close the next day and stops me cold from tossing them in the wash. It reminds me of me...which is very comforting and rare actually. I don't detect any cat pee as others have commented, I do detect a sexy amber note that blends with the musk to create what some might affectionately refer to as unwashed ladies undergarments (?) but not in a bad way...in a way that is appealing. My DH can't stand this one and thought he rarely says anything he had to let me know that this was "stinky" to him...thus I wear it when the cat's away. Hard to explain why it is so glorious to me, a must try for all peach fragrance lovers and all KM fans.
10.0 7.5 7.5 7.0/10

A Fuzzy Peach: Soft, Simple, Subtle
Keiko Mecheri PEAU DE PECHE is one of the most accurately named perfumes I've ever encountered. Yes, this is the scent of a ripe, unsliced peach. Even the texture is captured in this composition, as there is a warm fuzziness to PEAU DE PECHE. Wearing this creation immediately conjures up in my mind the image of a reddish-orange peach with shades of gray on its edges caused by the fuzz.

Although the peachiness is central, this is a far cry from some of the more popular peach perfumes, including Lancôme TRESOR, Lalique LALIQUE, and Aramis TUSCANY PER DONNA. In this Keiko Mecheri creation there is no syrup present whatsoever, with the result (happy to some...) that the cloying quality of many other peach creations is entirely absent.

I imagine that TRESOR is the best-selling peach perfume of all time, but for some it is too tattoo-like and sweet. For those people, looking for a true peach but with no sugar added, I highly recommend PEAU DE PECHE, a gorgeous and well-made perfume. That said, because fruit notes are so finicky (many of them do not work on my skin, and see the review by Awesomeness, below), it would be a good idea to try before you buy, even if you are a peach fanatic. (-;
5.0/10

Try first
Peau de Pêche is like a peach liquor. It's light & sweet but with a strange undercurrent of something that reminds me of cat pee. I just can't get past the impression and association.

I love peach & apricot accords in fragrance, but Peau de Pêche is not for me. Not at all.

Hermesh 3 years ago
Powdery peach with a quite pleasant Innocent touch of clean skin. It's a pity that sillage and durability are so weak.
5.0
6.0

by Fran
by Fran
Nektarine und Pfirsich duften eben ähnlich...
by MsHellfire
by Flavorite
by Flavorite

Popular Keiko Mecheri

Loukhoum by Keiko Mecheri Loukhoum Eau Poudrée by Keiko Mecheri Datura Blanche by Keiko Mecheri Mihimè by Keiko Mecheri Peau de Pêche by Keiko Mecheri Les Zazous by Keiko Mecheri Hanae by Keiko Mecheri White Petals by Keiko Mecheri Les Merveilles - Cuir Fauve by Keiko Mecheri Umé by Keiko Mecheri Loukhoum Parfum du Soir by Keiko Mecheri Les Nuits d'Izu by Keiko Mecheri Tarifa by Keiko Mecheri Cuir Cordoba by Keiko Mecheri Bois Satin by Keiko Mecheri Johana by Keiko Mecheri Isles Lointaines by Keiko Mecheri A Fleur de Peau by Keiko Mecheri Oliban by Keiko Mecheri Taormine by Keiko Mecheri